Eugene, OR
University of Oregon

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Oregon

Janet

I would tell myself not to stress out so much, especially about the transition from high school and living at home to college and living in a different state. You can handle anything that comes your way, and you'll be good at it besides. Don't let your anxiety get the better of you.

Sometimes certain students make poor life choices and get away with it because they are involved with sports, which reflects badly on the school as a community.

Someone who is not willing to work hard, and self-motivate to do study and read. Someone who is uncomfortable with friendly people who want to help.

Benjamin

Graduate earlier! You had all the credits you needed to do so. So why didn’t you? Taking those extra classes senior year may have made you smarter but they are not accredited like college credits. Sure celebrating senior year was fun & graduating with your fellow high school comrades was exciting, but had you graduated a year earlier you could have been a year further in college by now. But for the most part, do everything like you are doing now. Take those AP and advanced classes. Take calculus and join all those clubs. Participate in decades, pep rallies and sporting events. Be social, enjoy high school and study hard. You will look back on it all with fawned memories and even greater so fawned-ness the harder you work for it and the more activities you participate in.

Melissa

College is a wonderful experience, and It is almost your last scholar experience if you go to the university or other special school. As an advice, I will keep my same goals. First, be steady because of the constance depend how far and succesful you will be. Second, be always optimistic, what give me the positive aptitudes and encourages to be successful. The last, but not least is that always try harder. Despite sometimes you do not get the grade that you want, do not see this as an obstacle. The right advice in these situations is that next time try harder, with more love and do not get stress. Over all, if you fall three times, wake up four times.

Karen

The University of Oregon is everything a college experience should be; there is such a diversity of majors, student clubs, faculty and students, that whatever your interests are, there are others engaged in that activity.

The University of Oregon has a vast diveristy in it's student body; you can find friends who are passionately engaged in whatever your interests are.

It is your last year of high school: work hard but have fun. Although high school seems all-important now, you don’t have to be sad to leave it behind. Enjoy yourself and prepare to be amazed by the diversity of students, activities and opportunities that await you in college. Contact the admissions office and make contact with other students from Alaska who are also attending your college; invite them to a meet and greet so you will have some familiar faces when you arrive. Attend Greek sorority rush; you get to live in the dorms for a week so you can get a feel for that and you also get to see what life would be like as a sorority member. Living in the house affords a social network and access to more-experienced upper classmen. Academically, always go to class no matter what. Don’t take any classes before 9:30am. Buy the books and do the reading before class. Don’t work – let learning be your only job. Use the GERs to explore topics that you know nothing about. Don’t be shy; go to your professors’ office hours. Get to know them and ask questions.

Rebekah

If I could go back and talk to myself as a high school senior I would tell myself to apply for more scholarships. YOU CAN NEVER APPLY FOR TOO MANY SCHOLARSHIPS!! I would also tell myself that staying home the first year to go to a community college is smart because it takes time to decide what to major in. After the first year of college it is easier to decide what to major in because you have a better idea of what to expect compared to your thoughts straight out of high school. Lastly, I would tell myself not to be shy! The proffessors are there to help and you are paying them to help you, so take advantage of it! Most importantly, enjoy college and your education as much as you possibly can!

My classmates are very energetic, passionate and mostly friendly but some seem to be a tad superficial and apathetic ; however, I have made friends for life at this school.

Dear high-school senior Brittany, there are so many things I want to tell you. I want to start off by saying: everything is going to be okay. I know you are absolutely terrified and sad about leaving your friends and family but you will grow into such a stronger person. I want to tell you that even though your self-esteem is the lowest anyone could imagine, you are beautiful. It is okay that you are frightened and completely confused about your life - please embrace the questions, mystery, and feeling of not knowing anything about your future because there is something so peaceful and beautiful about it. There will be times in college where you will want to give up because you feel so uncomfortable, alone, homesick, and confused but I am here to tell you this: God is walking right beside you. Brittany, listen to me, and I mean really listen: Don't let your fears, doubts, and insecurities control your life for one more second – you are too valued to waste away. No matter how bogged down you feel by other people's expectations, do this for you: you have a voice and you are worthy.

At first, I wasn't sure I like it here but now I really enjoy it because there is always something going on and the majority of professors that I have encountered really do care about the students and are extremely passionate about their field of choice.

Tachina

The best thing at the University of Oregon is the positivity of the people on campus and the random events that follow. I love the days when it is sunny and there are random things going on in the amphiteatre. Sometimes there is music, sometimes there are large groups of children, and sometimes there are flash mobs. I acutally feel like a student, not just another person.

I would say the kind of people who should attend this school are the people who like racial diversity and have school spirit. People at this school are usually pretty open about their views. The person who will attend the school needs to remember that it is a liberal arts college. Put an emphasis on the liberal. The kind of people who should attend this school are those who are not only looking for a good academic program, but someone who is also looking for social interaction.

I would say so much to my highschool senior self. The very first is that working on yourself will help you succeed not in academics but also in social situations. I would also tell myself that it would be difficult to make friends but I would be able too, with hard work and dedication. I would want to tell myself to not let my problems with anxiety get in the way of anything. I would say that most of college homework is reading. Reading would be a very important thing to keep up on because falling behind in reading makes classes difficult. The last thing I would tell myself to be happy because that is what matters the most!

Clarissa

There are different groups of people that I know personally in my classes. I have met funny people who enjoy joking around and having a good laugh. There are the more serious students who keep their studies as their main priority. There are the ones who keep busy and are very social orientated and love their crazy schedules. There are the more athletic students who either participate in them or are avid fans and watch every game. Then of course there are the more creative students who either play music or are fantastic artists.

The UO is a larger school with much to offer, but if you are the type of person who learns better in smaller classes or enjoys knowing more of the people you pass on campus throughout the day, I would not suggest attending the UO. For those who want to live in the warm sunshine would also frown upon the idea of more precipitation throughout the school year. The UO is a largely populated school, which means that it takes some adjusting for those who come from small towns. I know people who would not excel in such an environment.

Conor

The University of Oregon is a large school full of many students from many backgrounds, with some superb academic programs, highly praised athletics, and feel of community that you won't find at other schools.

College is a wonderful change from high school, and you will make excellent memories and close friends, but there are several things you should know in order for this to go as well as it can. The most importat advice I can give you is to find a balance Firstly, balance fun and school carefully and precisely. It is very easy to let your grade slips with endless opportunities to go out all enticing you to do so. Yet, don't overstress yourself with too heavy of a class load or you will find yourself in an unhappy predicament. Secondly, get involved with a student group. It's the quickest way to make friends and bond over doing the things you have in common. Don't, however, overcommit yourself to these groups. You need to get a better understanding of your limits before you stretch them. Lastly, It is absolutely okay for you to not know what you should be doing, no one is asking you to, so don't feel pressured to. Your entire life is still in front of you. Don't sweat the small stuff, do what you love, and the rest will fall into place.

For me, the many programs that provide LGBTQ students opportunity to have a safe place to be themselves and flourish on campus are what I consider best about the school.

University of Oregon administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.