Hattiesburg, MS
University of Southern Mississippi

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Southern Mississippi

Yoshayla

The people here are not very friendly. The classes are great though, minus a few. Its a nice campus despite the fact the Wi-Fi and showers are dysfunctional at times.

Stuck up Cliques Unwelcoming

Personally, I think that Southern Miss is a school for everyone. I think a person that does not want to get involved with activities, or join clubs and organizations should not attend the school.

I brag the most about the home like enviornment that you get while on campus. I love the small campus feel you get from the big university. Everyone is very friendly, the school spirit is insane! Southern Miss to the top!

Tavin

It's average and the center of medium town.

It's average and the center of medium town.

I have learned a lot from the time that I was a high school senior through serendipitous mistakes and hard fought success. If I could go back in time and give advice to myself, it would be an oratorical speech that would challenge great speakers like Winston Churchill, Abraham Lincoln, and Martin Luther King Jr. I believe that anyone would deliver a helpful and profound speech to themselves, in hopes of improving their future. Furthermore, I believe that I would advise myself on the same things anyone else would about the future obstacles, laughable mistakes, and personal victories that are made when transitioning into college. After giving my advice, there would be six key statements that i'd want the goofy high school kid to receive: 1) Tough times don’t last but tough people do. 2) Believe in yourself and stay encouraged. 3) Apply for more scholarships (CampusDiscovery.com). 4) Don’t change your major. 5) Volunteering is fun. 6) 09/04/2012 at 12 p.m. duck! (Joke on myself). In conclusion, traveling to the past to give myself advice about college would be very helpful but the inability is also what makes life fun and builds character.

I am not trying to be funny but there is nothing to really "brag".

Lea

If I could go back and talk to myself-without creating a major paradox-I would tell myself to try harder, that it gets better. Push it to the limit so you/I won't look back with so much regret and say, "I wish I had done that," or "I wish I had made more time for this. It could have been so much better."

Ian

I find my classmates to be friendly and helpful.

I find my classmates to be friendly and helpful.

Do ;your best during your high school years, get the best GPA you can and join clubs. What you do during high school does matter!!

I have found many special things here. Amazing school spirit, good dorms and fraternity living, good food options. I enjoy my classes and intructors.The administration is out on campus and very easy to access and talk with. I am happy I chose this school.

Kelsi

It is impossible to justly describe my classmates in one sentence, but unique and worth getting to know is the best way I can sum them up.

The faculty and staff go above and beyond to help you in anyway that is necessary because they truly care about your academic success and want you to ultimately enjoy your experience.

You’re going to have to put more effort into studying, so start now – actually, you should’ve started already. When class is over each day, go over what you learned; DON’T wait until the night before. Also, waking up for an 8 o’clock class is so much harder in college than it was in high school so go to bed earlier. Make time to go to the gym as often as you can. Not only will the endorphins make you happier, but you’ll be able to avoid the Freshman Fifteen. Generic brand food all the way -- you cannot afford the stuff that Mom buys. You’re now a poor college student, so appreciate the free meals every club's interest meeting has to offer – attend them all. You might even find one you like which is great because you need to get involved. Make friends with your classmates, it’ll behoove you in the end. They’re only strangers if you let them be. Like everything in life, college is going to be what you make it so enjoy it while it lasts. You can’t get these years back.

My school is beautiful and diverse with very strong academics, but it is still growing.

If I had the chance to give advice to my college self, I would say to get a job. The phrase 'broke college student' is now a reality that I never thought I would experience. Not earning money in high school and not having a job in college has restricted me greatly. I cannot buy my family Christmas gifts, I have to rely on my parents for sorority dues, and I cannot buy my own clothes or groceries. Being on my own for a semester has made me want to do the tasks I previously listed, but I have no money to do so. Even though I want to grow up and start relying less on my parents, I cannotm and I still have the guilt of having them pay for all the activities I do and even my college tuition. If I had gotten a job in high school, I would feel more responsible and more like a college student. Also, I would be able to give a little back to my parent for all they have done for me.

Someone who likes the south and it's hospitality, and someone who is interested in any of the majors the college provides.

William

The biggest mistake I have made so far in my life is not continuing my education right after high school. I had a good paying "job" and thought, "Who needs to go to college, I can't afford it anyway." Well a year later I was with out a "job" and had no back up plans in place. So on to another "job" I went, this one not so good paying. Seven years and to many "jobs" later I have dicided to further my education. Please listen to your teachers and counelers. Stay on track to get a furthered education, becuase starting this far past high school has been very tough. Just getting back in the swing of homework is hard.

University of Southern Mississippi administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.