River Falls, WI
University of Wisconsin-River Falls

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Wisconsin-River Falls

The University of Wisconsin-River Falls may be small in size but offers the opportunity for students to feel welcome into their community. A day never goes by when you don't see someone you know on your way to class. River Falls has the ability to give you that small town feel while away from your family and friends. The class sizes never go beyond 70 students which allowing students to have more in-depth discussions and relationship building. One of the highlights of this school are the two campus farms. Even if you arn't an agriculture major, you may find yourself growing to love taking a bike ride out by the farms just to pet the animals. While many choose to major in agriculture, many other opportunities are offered, specifically in the music, psychology, education, and science programs. Overall, River Falls is a great place to start off your freshman year in an inclusive and welcoming school on a gorgeous campus in the country.

Nick

River Falls is a great place to live and study! Its a great little town with some shops and the great small town feel. Only 30 minutes from the Twin Cities Metro- there's plenty of things to see and do and they are all close by. The professors are great- very knowledgeable and available. Campus dorms are nice- and larger than most I've been in. The price and experience are both unbeatable. Go Falcons!

I love the University of Wisconsin-River Falls. There were so many factors of the University and the town that interested me. It was a relatively small town, close to the Twin Cities, a variety of art classes and study abroad opportunities, and it's a huge school for students interested in Animal Science or Agriculture.

Olivia

Coming from a small rural high school, I love the University of Wisconsin-River Falls! It is the perfect school for me. At first, as expected with most schools of any size, the classes for general education requirements filled quickly and the class sizes were roughly 100-150. When classes pertain more to your degree, they are smaller, usually between 15-50 or so. As far as the people, there are many students pursuing various degrees with diverse backgrounds. People are very friendly and you rarely have to worry about making friends. The campus offers many opportunities to get involved too. They have organizations for everyone and you can easily start one if you want. One big thing about this university is it has multiple lab farms for the students to learn and interact with. In addition, the books here are FREE! From what I know at this stage, the education is pretty good too. I feel confident that I will be able to go into the career world and succeed. The dorms are decent. They have free laundry, nice rooms, nice study areas, and nice social rooms for collaboration. For food, there are a quite a few options. They have little food caterers built within the university center along with a buffet style commons area. The food within the commons is pretty regular. They normally have the same food groups each week. There is also a little store for food and hygienic products which is very helpful too. For weekends the campus is very empty. Many people leave and go do things off campus. For crime, I feel pretty safe here. As far as the community goes, there are various activities to participate in in the city. There is a park nearby, hiking trails, fishing spots, historical places, churches, schools, shops, restaurants, stores, and if River Falls doesn't have what you are looking for, the Twin Cities are only 30-45 minutes away.

Courtney

It's a friendly campus with a lot of activities to get involved in on and off campus! The food is good, the people are better (even the professors), and the classes are worth the money. Lots of ag/sci opportunities and labs. It's a small town but the twin cities are a forty-five minute drive away. You won't get bored. Definitely worth it!

Madison
maddy kundo

I like how your website explains college life.

maddy kundo

I like how your website explains college life.

Jacole

The University of Wisconsin-River Falls is a place to feel like you belong.

The University of Wisconsin-River Falls is a place to feel like you belong.

If I could go back and give advice to my high school self is the importance of learning how to create a budget. In high school the personal finance class isn’t a requirement so I didn’t take it. Once I got to college I realized I was spending more money than I was taking in. When you have that freedom to swipe your card without a parent guiding you it becomes a lot easier to spend money you don’t have. I had to learned very quickly how to create a budget for myself. The real world is more expensive than I ever realized in high school. My next piece of advice is to experience all you can your last year. My senior year I was mostly going to a technical college because I only needed English to graduate. But because I mostly taking college credits I passed on a lot of high school activities. When you go to high school you don’t realize how many memories you are making. I would say don’t pass up those chances to hang out with your grade because you never know when it will be the last time.

The kind of person that should attend University of Wisconsin-River Falls is someone who wants the community feel. We are medium size school but the university does a good job keeping our class sizes to about 20 students. River Falls campus has a sense of family. When you are walking to class people will say hello to you and smile. If someone who is looking for a more Rural setting for their campus River Falls is the place to be. I think that River Falls is a good university to attend because you get the best of both worlds.

I would tell myself that I shouldn't take advantage of the resources that I had at my disposal while I was in school. I was an art major and I had access to fully fuctional studios with all of the expensive equipment that would take me decades to save up to own. Being able to work in those spaces whenever I needed was a true blessing and I believe I created some of my best work in the studios at the University of Wisconsin-River Falls.

I wish I would have looked more into off-campus housing, I would have saved a lot of money. The dorms were okay but I could have had my own place for a comparable price.

J-term (no classes for about a month after christmas) and being sort of forced to stay out of the dorms during these breaks. Basically having to move out or else pay an extra fee to stay during these breaks.

People believe that it is an agriculture school only. That is far from the truth. UWRF has an acreditation for it's business school that only a small handful in the world have. The psychology program is the second most popular major. Not to mention the elementry education program is one of the top ones in the state.

I have gone from running track to studying aboard, to dancing. There are so many programs to choose from it's hard to pick. Not to mention i can take whatever class I want just because. Also, we rent text books, we don't have to buy them. Which saves me so much money! Oh yeah, we have free laundry too! :D

High school was a nightmare for me. I didn't get along with students or the teachers and I was always in trouble with someone. All I could do was pray college was going to be better and you know what, it was. The biggest thing I wish I would have done over the past few years is relax and trust yourself. I spent too much time uptight about things that didn't matter and the rest of the time I was too worried I would do something wrong. If I would have just relaxed and been myself sooner I would have liked my freshman year more. However, every experience I've had lead me to where I am now. From being bullied to being in a sorority officer, from severe depression to counseling those who need it, from an abusive relationship to meeting the man of my dreams. College has been amazing and I almost don't want to leave!

Bridget

It's close to where I grew up and my workplace. I'm a homebody and it's nice for me to still be able to work 20 hours a week at the job I've had since I was a junior in high school, which helps me support myself, and also be able to see my family whenever I want to.

1. Teach yourself how to study. I understand, it's boring. Nobody likes it. You wont regret learning how to study while you're still in high school instead of trying to figure it out in college. 2. Don't drink underage. Your freshman year in college you will watch people around you spiral downwards. Friends from your new school, friends from home, your roommate. They drink underage, get caught, get in trouble, and you're about to see many of them drop out. Alcohol can wait until your 21. It isn't worth the risk. 3. You CAN be a pharmacist. There are so many days full of struggle, so many times you wonder if it's the right major for you.. It is. You are smart enough. You will have to push yourself, but you will make it. I will make it. Push yourself for the next 6 years and you won't regret it.

The fact that it's a small enough school for me to feel like I, as an individual, matter. I went to a much bigger university as a freshman, and I felt unimportant, which I feel hurt me acidemically. I like being able to have personalized conversations with my professors and have them remember things about me and know who I am.

University of Wisconsin-River Falls administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.