Winston-Salem, NC
Wake Forest University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Wake Forest University

Jenny

The best thing about Wake is the people. Staff and students are very friendly. I would change the dorm rooms at Wake Forest. The suites on the quad are not ideal for living and studying. Wake is a great size!! I am concerned because it is growing in size and I do not think that it should. Most people are impressed when I tell them that I go to Wake. Other people have no idea where or what Wake Forest is. I spend most of my time in my room or in Scales at Wake. There is a lot of school pride, but there could be more.

There is not enough diversity at Wake Forest. Most students dress up for class in nice clothes. Designer clothes are not uncommon. Most Wake students are from the east coast.

I think that both of the stereotypes listed are accurate.

Students are type A and very competitive. The most unique class that I have taken was my first year seminar in the theater department. It focused on creativity. Wake has too many academic requirements. I think that the education is geared more toward learning than getting a job, at least in the chemistry department.

Traditions and events that happen every year: Wake Frost, Shag on the Mag, a Carnical, concerts... Basketball games and football games are very popular.

Wake is comprised of a student body of mostly upper middle class student. At Wake Forest, a student can expect to do a lot of work for their grades.

megan

i think it is just the right size, im against increasing the size. the best thing about wake is the community. people react impressed usually that i go to wake. most of my time is spent in benson, the library, in the classroom. wake's administration is good and consistent, and they make it possible for students to actually change certain things within the school (it is perceived they often take the students' opinions into consideration). recent controversy: raising tuition, increasing size, moving a business coffee shop onto campus (Which would most likely put the current student-run coffee shop out of business). greek life is huge here but it is the most respectable greek life i have seen in a college setting (very good relationships between greek members). yes there is a lot of school pride. people are genuine and kind here. complaints: food (though a lot if changing over the summer, hopefully that will get better), off campus parties are a hassle.

wake's student body is homogeneous and there is not too much racial mixing...coming from public school my entire life, this was hard to get used to. most students wear nice jeans and nice or casual tops to class, but youll also see people in their gym clothes. most division of students is by greek affiliation or sport team. high income families are prevalent. students are usually politically aware. they are predominately right. yes students talk about the hopes of making a good income one day.

it seemed that way coming into the school, but after being here for 3 years, and getting to know many people on a personal level, many of these stereotypes diminish. but, overall, yes i think they are accurate as a whole.

yes, class size is great. ive been able to get close to a good amount of my professors. students study very hard here, class participation is very common and strongly encouraged. very interactive-type teaching methods. students are competitive, but mainly within themselves...students are very helpful and encouraging with one another. most unique class: psychopharmacology. im a psychology major. i spend time with my psychology honors professor outside of class. liberal arts education is about learning for its own sake (wake forest)...but they do a great job of giving opportunities for teaching outside the classroom which helps in getting a job.

greek life, sports teams. im involved in a sorority. it's been a wonderful opportunity, but i like that it does not require all of my time. students do leave their doors open in dorms. athletic events are popular. some guest speakers are popular. people are either single or in a relationship, they dont usually go on dates. i met my closest friends through my sorority. 2am on a tuesday i would be studying. traditions: wakenshake, shag on the mag, spring fest, activities fair, homecoming events, etc. people party 2-3 days a week usually. last weekend i went out one night and the other night i wrote a paper. people often go to dinner, movies, a friend's house/apartment, art galleries (if they dont want to drink). going to a party and not drinking is completely socially acceptable.

White, rich, homogeneous, sheltered, intelligent, well-rounded

I love the size of Wake Forest. When I tell others that I go to Wake, they are usually impressed. I spend most of my time on the academic quad on campus. The administration here is very helpful and smart.

Most students are fairly well off, financially. I feel like we have a diverse amount of politically left, right and centered students.

Yes professors know their students names because classes are usually somewhat small. I love my political science classes, and dislike foreign language. Students study all the time, we are always working! Wake students are intelligent and interested in world issues and have intellectual conversations in their everyday lives. Students here aren't really that competitive. I feel like the foreign language requirement is entirely too much! I like the liberal arts aspect though.

Greek life is huge here. I am in Kappa Kappa Gamma and love it! Athletic events are very popular. I met my closet friends in my freshman dorms, in class, and in my sorority. Sororities and fraternities are very important here.`

That they are from an upper class family, wealthy, intelligent, and not much diversity.

Jamie

small student body size; expanding the new classes; just right; impressed, generally; benson; in between college town and no college town; controversy in terms of the future plan to enlarge the school, and making other changes; lots of school pride; strong division I sports; rolling quad; pit food is less than good

there seems to be something for almost everyone; wear sweats or dress up; different types of students don't seem to interact often; most students from east coast

much less accurate than how they are perceived from the outside

yes; business law; study time depends on major; heavy class participation; yes for intellectual conversations; very competitive; first year seminars tend to be unique; common to meet with professors outside of class; both academic and practical focus

greek; yes, leave doors open; popular athletics; closest friends from where I lived and sorority; always studying; springfest is a spring event every year; greek system is huge; movies, eat out, shopping

all conservative, very similar students

The best thing about Wake is the small campus. If I could change something, I would change the fact that social life is ruled by the Greek system. Wake is small, but it is just right (for me and for most of the student body, I think). Some people don't know where Wake is; other's just know its near Duke. Some even know it's a good school! I'm rarely on campus (because I live off campus), but I spend all my time in meetings in Benson. "What college town?????" I don't know too much about the administration-I've never been in trouble so I haven't had to deal with them. The biggest recent controversy on campus was whether or not to turn Shorty's into a commercial coffee house or to keep it because it is "historical". There is a lot of school pride, especially during football and basketball seasons. Having a small, unified campus allows people to be spirited together (i.e., rolling the quad). The only thing I find unusual about Wake is that our campus is such a small gated area, only containing 4 places to eat, whereas other campuses have restaurants and bars. One experience I'll always remember is my time spent in my sorority. The most frequent student complaints are about the workload!

Being Jewish, I sometimes feel out of place in the primarily Christian student body. Once in a while I have felt singled out because of my religion, but it does not come up in the student body very often. I know that racist and homophobic sentiments definitely exist on campus, which really upsets me. We're college students and should know better than to be so ignorant. I do not notice problems between those with a high socioeconomic status and those with a low socioeconomic status on campus. An extremely liberal, outspoken, gay, Northern, non-Christian person of low socioeconomic status might feel out of place at Wake! Each of these characteristics, which Wake students to embody, is accepted by the student body. This liberal, outspoken, gay, Northern non-Christian without a lot of money would be accepted at Wake, but may feel out of place if he/she is not comfortable with him or herself. Most students wear jeans, tee shirts and fleeces to class. Some women get dressed up to look stylish and some men will dress more formally. People will wear what is comfortable, for the most part. Different types of students do interact sometimes, but there is segregation between athletes/non-athletes and those who are Greek and those who are not. In the Pit, one table is for the athletes, one is for sorority girls and boys, one is for non-Greek students, and the fourth is for those who have no friends (JOKE! The so-called "no friends" section is a misnomer and seats those who want to eat in peace!). Most Wake students seem to be from North Carolina, while the rest are mostly from the East coast, north of Virginia. Everyone else's hometowns are scattered across the USA. Most students SEEM to come from a background where their families most likely had financial troubles. This is not necessarily true because there are plenty of people on scholarship and who have work-study jobs. Students are politically aware, but it's hard to tell if they're active because I do not know how many people are in College Democrats or College Republicans. No one has really organized anything on campus regarding the upcoming election, though. It seems that most students are conservative, with the next largest group being center and the smallest group being liberal. Of course students want to be rich and have great jobs, but I don't hear too many conversations regarding peoples' high expectations of themselves. Everyone just wants to be successful.

Somewhat; of course we're smart, but not everyone is fake or stuck up. Not everyone is rich, either. Those that are fake are just insecure. NOT EVERYONE IS SOUTHERN!

Most of my professors this semester know my name, and in the past, the majority has known my name as well. My favorite class was last semester- Human Physiology. It was so interesting because you sit there and think, "that's all going on inside of me right now!" My least favorite is Philosophy 112 because it's very complex and difficult to understand. Students study every single day. Class participation is common and expected. Students sometimes do have intellectual conversations outside of class, with some of these conversations even straying from talking about a certain class. Students are extremely competitive, yet willing to help eachother. The most unique class I've taken is Anatomy because we get to work with cadavers. I am a Health and Exercise Major on a pre-medical course. It's very difficult and demanding, but interesting. My HES classes have been my favorite classes thus far and the faculty in the department is phenomenal. I have started seeing professors outside of class during office hours, and spend about an hour a week outside of class with one professor with whom I'm doing an independent study. Wake's academic requirements are strenuous and tedious, but do make for a well-rounded liberal arts student. When someone comes in to Wake knowing what they want to study, the divisional requirements seem annoying. However, these required classes allow students to think in different ways than they might be used to. I think the education at Wake is geared toward getting a job when you get into upper level classes. It's hard to see how Biology 112 will prepare you for a job. I want to go to medical school, so I'm not really thinking about getting a job! The divisional classes (if they are outside of your major) are geared toward learning for its own sake because you can develop critical thinking skills and can have a small taste of the various departments on campus.

The most popular groups/organizations/teams on campus are sororities and fraternities, volunteer organizations and the football and basketball teams. One group I'm involved with, HOPE (Helping to Overcome Physical Expectations), is comprised of about 100 students to spend 2 hours a week volunteering at a local elementary school with students with special needs. Most people do leave their doors open in their dorms because everyone wants to be social! Athletic events, especially football, are very popular. If you're really into a sport, you'll have no trouble finding someone else to go to the game with. Guest speakers are only popular to the students interested in what they have to say-sometimes hearing guest speakers can seem like a chore. Theater is not very popular at Wake, although the theater department is successful at what they do. PEOPLE AT WAKE DON'T DATE! You're either single, "hooking up" with someone and are not dating, or are in a serious boyfriend/girlfriend relationship (including engagements). I met my closest friends on my freshman hall in through my sorority and Greek like as a whole. If I'm awake at 2 AM on a Tuesday, I'm studying for a test that I have the next day. Some of my friends, on the other hand, are probably at the bars! Each year, Homecoming, the Lighting of the Quad, Tie a Yellow Ribbon Week, the reading of names of those who died in the Holocaust, Springfest, Wake 'n' Shake and various other fun events occur each year. I'd say that most people party 2-3 nights per week. Fraternities and sororities are extremely important- most parties are fraternity parties (even at local bars) and almost 50% of Wake women are Greek. Last weekend I attended my sorority initiation events, had a reunion with friends I was abroad with in the summer, volunteered at WFUBMC, slept a lot and studied. If I didn't want to drink on a Saturday night, I could go to the movies with friends, hang out at my apartment, get some sleep, volunteer an extra shift at the hospital (if I were really ambitious!), or go to a party and NOT DRINK. I live off campus, so my life outside of classes and meetings occurs off campus. I eat off campus, can go shopping, run errands and get coffee!

-everyone is rich and stuck up -people are fake -students are smart -women are perfect Southern belles and men are perfect Southern gentlemen

Mary

the best thing is the small classes and being in the south with frats and sororities. I would change so that it is not such a bubble, however, and make it a better college town. I dont spend much time on campus anymore except for classes. Administration could be improved to do more to cater to the students (better choice of food, frat row instead of faculty housing, bars closeby in reynolda village etc) These seem to be some common complaints.

Our black population is definitely in the minority, although it is increasing. Most students dress up to class especially in the spring. Most black kids hang out together and most white kids hang out together-its pretty racially divided. Most students are from NC and NJ, and a lot from CT nowadays. A lot of rich people. Students dont talk politics as much as they probably should, at least not that ive noticed and dont talk about how much they will earn either.

I'd say most of my professors, if not all, know my name. My favorite class this semester would probably have to be photography and my least favorite philosophy, which i am only taking as a divisional requirement. Students study a lot here, too much, which is another thing I would change about it-it's a great education, but too much work-students need more of a college/party atmosphere throughout the week. I dont spend time with my professors outside of class. Wake helps you in terms of looking for careers, which is nice, and I'd say its mostly geared toward that as opposed to the joy of learning.

football team is getting more attention, our basketball team used to be amazing and the most renowned on campus. Frat and sorority life are also huge and a big part of campus life. Most students leave their doors open, although that may be starting to change after some theft incidents. Rolling the quad is a huge tradition after a big win (football and basketball primarily). Most people party 3 times a week, maybe more maybe less. You can go to the movies, if you dont want to go out on a Saturday night, although the options on campus are fairly limited, as are they off campus since there isnt much of a college town.

Perry

Choosing to go to Wake Forest was one of the easiest choices I ever made because of how much it had to offer me. What makes my life at Wake Forest the easiest for me is the size. It’s a big enough school that I constantly have new experiences with new people, but it’s still small enough that if I don’t know of someone, at least one of my friends probably will. When I’m not in class, I do a lot on and off campus with my sorority. You’ve probably heard that Greek life is a big deal at Wake, and it is. Overall, 42% of all students are in a fraternity or a sorority, with 13 fraternities and 9 sororities. Although it’s a big part of my life here and my friends’ as well, many other students who don’t decide to “go Greek” find that they can form similar close bonds through athletic teams, religious groups, and clubs. That’s not to say that there isn’t tension between Greeks and non-Greeks, because at times there is. Independents, or GDIs, are known to Greeks as “geeds” or even “muggles”, which is Harry Potter-speak for non-magical people. It sucks, but it’s the social environment here. Other than that, I’m proud to go to be a sorority member here; it made it easier for me to be comfortable coming from an all-girls school and it helped me find my place here at Wake. As far as school pride goes, our fan base varies. I would categorize most of us as fair-weather fans, and fans of which sport varies from year to year. We used to be known for basketball, but in more recent years it’s been football. Members of the Greek community are less apt to throw on a black and gold tie-dye shirt and cheer at the game, instead attending the tailgates in button-downs and sundresses. Finally, the food on campus is generally considered pretty mediocre, but we really don’t have it so bad. We have a Subway on campus, Chikfila in Benson, and pit food. While the pit has been known to cause stomach issues, there is a fair amount of variety and provides a decent social atmosphere. It’s tough to complain since it’s a newer space and as they say, much improved.

Wake is a largely white, conservative, Christian student population, but that doesn’t mean it isn’t a place where others can’t fit in. Those with especially strong minority opinions might not feel comfortable here because the campus is pretty strongly swayed towards certain groups of people. For example, it only takes a quick glance around a room full of Tory Burch flats to understand that the majority of students are fairly well-off financially. Most African-American students are athletes, and at times campus can seem racially divided, especially in areas like the pit. Athletes’ presence at fraternity parties are also known to cause tension and even physical altercations. However, there are two historically black sororities and one fraternity. The rest of the Greek organizations have students of color, but never more than a handful per group.

With such tough academics, it's essential to check out your professor before you sign up for a class. Students here rely on a website called virtualratings.com to screen teachers so they know what they're getting into. As always with anonymous services, everything is to be taken with a grain of salt. Once you get to Wake, you're sure to hear about the campus underground tunnels. The entrances are mostly closed off, but a determined student can find a way. They're dark and a little damp, but worth it for students up for a little adventure. Tribble Hall, a building on campus open 24 hours, is the site of countless hookups over the years. No one wants to graduate without being able to count this among their collegiate rebellions.

To a degree, yes. I think that beyond our academics, we just have a lot of students that work hard. We're all here because we did well in high school and most are still as Type-A motivated as ever. It's a pretty competitive environment; that is, if you choose to compete. This reputation can also be attributed to Wake's rigorous divisional requirements. It's gotten less overwhelming in recent years, but don't count on being able to take Football Physics instead of Calculus. As well, the language requirement is notoriously grueling to get through. However, as the saying goes, Wake Forest students work hard during the day but at night they play hard too, and sometimes even harder. Before coming to Wake, I was forewarned that my nose ring and laid back clothing style might not be well-received, due to Wake?s preppy reputation. I hate to admit this, but I bought at least five Ralph Lauren polo shirts to make sure I would fit in with the rest of the student population. On move in day, in my carefully selected green polo, I was pleasantly surprised to find my fellow students dressed in a variety of styles. Today, I?m proud to say that I only don my pastel polos for Golf Pros and Tennis Hoes theme parties. To class, there are students in everything from sweat pants to dresses and boots to yes, double-popped polos, but no one seems to feel out of place. While Wake is a southern school with a largely conservative student body, one might be surprised to find a huge number of students from the north, particularly New Jersey, Connecticut, and New York. And while the weekly newspaper is consistently sprinkled with anti-Democrat comic strips, there is still an open environment for liberals to have their voices heard.

Class size ranges, and obviously gets smaller as you delve deeper into your major requirements, but even my Psychology 101 class didn’t feel too large for me to feel uncomfortable asking questions. Just like everywhere else, your relationship with your professor is pretty much up to you. Most professors make a big effort to get to know names and they all encourage students to come by during office hours. If you’re struggling in a class or just displeased with a test grade, it is so easy and helpful to stop by the prof’s office to let him or her know you’re really trying. Class participation is usually a must, even in large lectures. Like I said, Wake is filled with a lot of driven people, and internships and job opportunities are a frequent topic of conversation. But let’s be honest, seeing as it is a school of mostly elites, these internships are generally gained through familial connections. Nevertheless, the stress level and the pressure to get work done are usually very high.

One of the best things about going to school at Wake is that there’s almost always something fun to do. Sure, Winston-Salem doesn’t have much of a nightlife, but within the Wake bubble there’s always something planned for students. Some events many students look forward to include Shag on the Mag, a completely prepped-out night of South Carolina-style shag dancing on the quad, Project Pumpkin, a volunteer day where local kids trick-or-treat on campus, and Wake ‘n Shake, a newer fundraising 12-hour dance marathon for cancer research. Greek life aside, there are many clubs on campus that many students manage to get excited about. The Lilting Banshee’s, a comedy group on campus, perform for students every semester and are promoted during that time by ubiquitous yellow signs with hilarious sayings. In fact, one of the first things a new freshman might encounter could be a neon sign cautioning that “the Freshman 15 shouldn’t come out in 9 months with a name”. In addition, the extremely talented and numerous a capella groups always draw big crowds to their shows. We even have a secret society, called the Twenty-Threes, but the details about it are shrouded in secrecy. But for me, and many others on campus, Greek life dominates the social scene. If you want a party and can’t go to bars yet, you’ll have to find a fraternity house, hall, or lounge to go to. The party situation at Wake is complicated because, unlike many schools, we don’t have official frat houses. We do have halls and lounges in dorms, where sometimes the fraternities hold parties that almost always get busted. It’s easy though to get rides to off-campus parties, especially if you’re a freshman. For big parties, fraternity pledges will run shuttles and pick you up right at your door. The biggest party nights, besides the weekend, are Wednesday and Thursday. On Wednesdays many fraternities rent out bars, where you shouldn’t have much trouble getting a drink, or house parties. Thursdays, however, are for the 21-and-up crowd at bars and sporting events with drink specials. On Saturdays, there’s almost always an opportunity to drink at a party during the day, which sounds like a recipe for disaster because it is. That being said, I’ve also had some of my craziest and most fun times at Wake during these day parties. Off-campus, a lot of students get involved with Big Brothers Big Sisters and mentor once a week with their little. I’ve gotten so much out of my time with my little, Cymone, who just started high school. I’ve enjoyed doing things with her that I often wished that I had an excuse to do, like put-put golfing, painting pottery, or just getting my nails done.

The two big stereotypes that I can think of are the tough academics, as demonstrated by the nickname "Work Forest", and the southern, preppy, conservative atmosphere.

Matt

Wake Forest is one of the best universities in the country because its professors truly care about its students. The school is the perfect size and allows students to get to know their professors in an intimate class setting. Plus, the administration truly cares about taking care of the students and making them as happy as possible. There's not a real college town atmosphere, but there's plenty to do on campus. School pride and school spirit are great on campus and athletics are huge - everyone goes to the games. I'll always remember dominating larger ACC schools in sports like football and men's basketball as well as watching our men's soccer team win a national title. Wake does an amazing job for its size in the ACC and in national contests.

The campus is fairly politically conservative, but that's just a slight leaning. There are definitely plenty of liberal and differing viewpoints at Wake. The student body is becoming more and more diverse and there are a wide variety of students on campus.

Wake is a very difficult institution, but there is plenty of time for students to have fun. As to the idea that all Wake students are rich preps, that's not true at all.

See above. Professors make a serious effort to learn about each student - more than knowing each student's name. Class participation is expected, and is very good and classes always benefit as a result. The students all work very hard, but there is no sense of competition among students like at other schools (Duke).

I participate in Student Government and there are a lot of dedicated and hard working kids here. There are plenty of things to do on the weekend for the drinkers and non-drinkers, and the Student Union really works hard to give everyone something to do.

Wake Forest is believed to be a very difficult school and there is a common conception that Wake students work very hard. There is also a stereotype that all Wake students are rich kids involved in Greek life.

Mary

The school is small but fit what I was looking for. Wake has a good reputation through out the US and 75% of the people I have encountered at least recognize the name. Winston-Salem is certainly not a college town, but it definitely grows on you. There are several great restaurants and it is relatively cheap. The off-campus houses are affordable and already "broken in." There is a lot of school pride, which came from the small school atmosphere. We also celebrate all sport victories and appreciate our status in the ACC.

Professors within my major knew my name and a handful would still remember me now (3 years out). Didn't study as much as I should- but still did decent! Classes are normally small and set-up to encourage class participation. Students within the Business school were definitely competitive. Wake is liberal arts, meaning that you are forced to take classes outside of your major. I would suggest taking what interests you and really try to enjoy those classes because you will most likely never have an opportunity to take those classes again. If you aren't good at science/math/reading (insert your weakness), make sure that you do not get in an overly difficult class because you do not want it to ruin your GPA. The career development center was very helpful, but I think the Calloway Business School was more geared towards helping people get jobs.

Greek and Sports teams really define the groups. 2am on Tuesday, you are either studying or out at $1 beer night.

Small school with great ACC sports Rich kids due to Wake being an expensive, private school Work hard- play hard mentality

Tom

Best thing about Wake: Faculty are amazing, great teachers, great friends; One thing to change: this place is a bubble and there is nothing to offer on campus in the way of restaurants, shops, grocery stores, etc.; The size of the school is just right; When I tell people I go to Wake, they usually associate it with our basketball team or football team or say that it's a good school (less frequently); I spend most of my time on campus in my room studying, working, procrastinating; Winston-Salem isn't a "college town," but it has a lot to offer as long as you are willing to drive 15 minutes to get there; Wake administration is bureaucratic, largely conservative (with blessed enclaves of more open-minded people), and at times downright old-fashioned; Biggest recent controversy: the school told professors living in faculty apartments that they had to leave at the end of the school year, etc.; There is a good deal of school pride, but I don't encounter it much with the group of people that I hang out with; Wake is unusual in lots of ways-- traditions, etc.-- but mostly it is a pretty standard southern school

The GLBT group here is very open and accepting, although we probably could be more activist in our attitude; it is a great place to meet good friends and to have a space in which to feel safe; students that feel out of place at wake are those who are very intellectual, GLBT students, almost any racial minorities-- this place is really homogenous; a good number of students wear nice/expensive clothes to class but others come in hoodies/t-shirts and sweats-- it depends on the day and who you're talking about; Most students here are from the southeast; students are more apathetic than not to political issues and tend to lean right; I would say that the majority of students here want to get jobs to earn money rather than follow an academic or vocational passion

This place is a good school, and I can say that I have indeed benefited from being here. The academics are stellar, and I feel as prepared as I can be to enter the world of graduate school in the sciences. Socially, this place has provided me with some close friends. However, in general, I hate the social scene here and the fact that it is so isolated. Still, the GLBT group has been great, and general I feel accepted, at least by most of the female population here. Still, if you are looking for a school where it is very, very easy to be gay, this is not quite it. If you're looking for a school where being gay is ok, this place is just fine.

The majority of people here are preppy or try to make themselves look preppy to fit in; the student body is by no means all conservative, but the more vocal of the students are; the students here come from all different backgrounds, but if they are not rich, a good number try to make themselves seem as if they are; there are a huge number of people in Greek organizations compared with other schools

My professors know my name; students study a good deal; class participation is generally very common; I have intellectual conversations with my friends outside of class and I know of other people who do, but I have a feeling that it is uncommon practice; students are not all that competative; my major is great-- the Bio department here is strong with great professors, great research opportunities, and a fair selection of classes; I do spend time with professors outside of class- two in particular are good friends of mine now and we go to lunch every month; Wake's academic requirements for the current class are fine; Education here is more geared towards learning mostly, but some classes have a different mindset

Popular organizations are the greek organizations; I know one student who does not lock her door; the athletic events are very, very popular, speakers not so much, theatre moderately popular; the dating scene is very much composed of hookups and one-night stands; there are people in long-term relationships, but lots of them are with students at other schools; the GLBT dating scene is absolutely horrible since no one here is out; I met my closest friends through the Gay-Straight organization and through a diversity residence organization; 2am on Tuesday I would be working on homework; People party at least once a week, usually on Fridays; Last weekend I watched movies, slept in, went to a get-together at a friend's house, and did work

Preppy, preppy, preppy; the students are conservative; the students here are rich as Croesus; most people are in Greek organizations;

Wake Forest University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.