Wofford College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Wofford College

Lea

Wofford College has a beautiful campus with great dorms and gorgeous buildings. The campus’ residential feelings allow you to feel safe and the food is easily accessible with its multiple dinning halls. Along with its large Greek participants, there is always community to be had at wofford

Julia

I’m very excited to pursue my education at Wofford College. My visit was great and I love the campus so much. I have a very favorable opinion of Wofford and I’ve heard great things from others about it. The students I know from Wofford are really great people to be around. I’m very excited to go to Wofford in the fall!

Kristina

Wofford College is an amazing but challenging liberal arts center. With amazing facilities and professors, you can always count on people to help you out if you ever need it. Be prepared to study and study hard, but also be ready to have tons of fun and have a rewarding college experience. Choosing to go to Wofford was the best decision I could have ever made when deciding on a college and I would choose Wofford one hundred times over!

Marc

It's a good school. Not awesome, and has areas it could improve in, but it's a good school. It would be nice if the board of directors and President Samhat took more notice of student input, and the price is climbing far, far, far too quickly, and scholarship amounts are not increasing to match. Right now it's worth the tuition, but in a few years it'll be too expensive for anyone not on a full ride or from a very wealthy background.

Marcus

Wofford is someplace I see my future. Everyone that I've met there is friendly and helpful, teachers and students alike. I attended their "Main Event" where I spend a night on campus with a student and essentially tour a typical day a Wofford. My student guide answered all my questions thoroughly and contacted friends who could provide more information on my more specific interests: pre-med, rifle team, and spanish. The sense of welcomeness and community shown to me during this trip makes Wofford number one for me.

Wofford College is a wonderful college for anyone who wants to experience college with closer relationships with both students and faculty. Almost all professors are easily accessible and willing to help, and most students are extremely friendly. The campus is full of opportunities to be involved, both within the college programs themselves and the outside community.

The first step I took on campus, I instantly knew that I belonged here. Here at Wofford or WoCo (as most of us students would say), you are part of the family. Having to come from a public high school that was almost twice as large as population here at Wofford, you can really feel how everyone is very welcoming and wanting to get to know the real you and your passions. My professors and even the other staff are always pleasant to see you and strive to make your education challenging but also intriguing. To come to a place where I am comfortable around my peers and to not feel judged is something that I will forever love about Wofford. Being able to have honest and real conversations with friends, peers, and professors about topics that are intellectually driven are just one of the perks of knowing that you are pushed to dive deeper into yourself and your beliefs. With the encouragement of studying abroad, no other school would be pushing me to explore and experience another culture that would greatly benefit myself to create deeper connections with myself and other cultures but to also discover the world in my own shoes while making memories that I will never forget . I could not picture myself anywhere else because I feel that it is ultimately my second home and being anywhere else would most definitely not compare.

Hailey

Wofford has a great academic atmosphere as well as a social one. There is always an event going on, keeping the students busy. The academics are very rigorous but professors are close by and easy to reach. The classroom sizes are perfect, averaging at about 25 students per classroom.

Elizabeth M

It is a great college for its size. It is the best college in South Carolina. The class sizes are amazing and the professors all really care about their students. The food and the housing for freshman are not amazing, but you shouldn't always be in your dorm. There are plenty of things to do so it's hard to get bored. Nobody really goes to the sports games, but there are a ton of them.

emily

I love Wofford College! It was not my first choice, but I am so glad it is where I ended up. The sense of community here is amazing. Everyone is welcoming and we all share a strong appreciation for our school. The class size make learning a more intimate setting, it helps us connect with our classmates and professors. I think Wofford College is an amazing school. Go Terriers!!

Alisa

Wofford is a beautiful, inviting school that I am blessed to call my home for four years. I couldn't picture myself anywhere else. From the professors to the grass, everything is top notch and worth every penny. With many new renovations on campus, there is always something to look forward to and get excited about as if they were renovations to your own home.

Grayson

I love Wofford College. The only thing that bugs me is the lack of dining options. I wish there were more options for us to eat. I love the class size and the professors are always open to help us. The students are mostly very involved on campus and love to help out.

Latavia

Overall Wofford is a pretty good school. The dorms are nice and the rooms are bigger than most others that I have seen. Our main dining hall (Burwell) usually has a pretty good variety of food but even if they don't we have other options for eating on campus such as Chick-fil-A and Boar's Head. The only thing that may be off putting is the fact there isn't a lot of minority students and as a minority myself (African-American) it took some getting used to. Luckily there are things like the Wofford Women of Color to help with that and other clubs for minority groups such as the LBGTQ+ community (LBGTerriers).

Andy

Wofford College is a great academic school to attend. It is rigorous and provides students with many great resources to better themselves for their futures. Wofford is also a small campus so it is hard not to know anyone and this allows for smaller class sizes which are always a big plus. Professors are very friendly and are always willing to help students in any way they can. However, some of the facilities at Wofford are a bit out-dated and the campus lacks a few resources. Wofford is planning on renovating some of the buildings on campus which will be a big plus for future students, but I believe they should still strive to try and provide students with resources such as better food options on campus as well as better living conditions, other than the senior apartments on campus. Wofford College does not offer off-campus housing that works with the school, although there are many off-campus living options for students which are in better conditions and more up-to-date than some of the on-campus living options, and it can actually be much cheaper than living on-campus. Overall, Wofford College may lack in a few areas with the campus but the experience has been very enjoyable and Wofford College is a prestigious academic institution that will definitely help you with providing yourself with better career options after school.

Caroline

Wofford College in my opinion is one of the most prestigious schools to attend. With this being said, campus life, the professors, and all faculty are extremely outstanding. They will do anything in their power to help you succeed. My overall opinion of Wofford is a school who loves each and every student, and staff member. It is a place and a people you can rely on for the rest of your life.