San Francisco, CA
Academy of Art University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Academy of Art University

Amany

(I actually attend California College of the Arts, but unfortunately, I did not see it part of the list. ) I work closely with 8 other students in my program, and will be doing so for the next two and a half years. Every student comes with a different artistic background, and and I am fortunate enough to be able to learn from each one of them. I know I am not at the top of my program, but working with other students who are more talented than me gives me that drive to get better each day.

Love the question, I've thought about it before. There are three essential pieces of advice I'd give myself: (And forgive me, this is literally going to be a little rant to myself!) APPLY FOR AS MANY INTERNSHIPS AS POSSIBLE AMANY. Don't focus on finding part time jobs that aren't going to help further your skills and experience for what you are studying. Consider unpaid internships before paid ones; those are ones you will be learning the most from. DO NOT LOSE SIGHT OF THE END GOAL AMANY. Spend weeknights in the studio working on your resume, spend weekends visiting galleries and looking for inspiration to become a better creative professional than you were the day before. Oh yeah, MASTER THE CREATIVE SUITE! Take some sva classes if you need to! 2. DON'T WORRY ABOUT FINDING LOVE AND DEVOTING MORE TIME TO A RELATIONSHIP THAT PROBABLY WILL NOT WORK OUT THAN TO THE CAREER PATH YOU ARE PURSUING AMANY!!!. Life is too short; education will get you the money which will get you the girl/boy. Now that I think about it, this sounds like the exact advice my sister gave me.

How expensive the city and tuition is, how expensive printing can become; I wish I knew some of my graphic tools a little more proficiently so I could work more expediently, networking is the most important tool you'll ever need to find opportunities.

Wendy

Expensive, but you get what you pay for.

Expensive, but you get what you pay for.

Knowing what I know now, I would tell past Me to only accept student loans as a last resort. As much as I love my school, and enjoy every single class I've taken so far, the amount of debt I've accrued is pretty scary. Being a first generation college student, I didn't have anybody to teach me how to plan for college financially. All things considered, I am pretty happy about how things have turned out. Yeah, it's been a struggle. But eating Top Ramen and sucking down semi-potable Folgers coffee is all part of the experience. It makes you really appreciate what life is like when you get out!

The most important thingss about my school are the job placement programs, being able to learn from professionals in my desired field, and the flexibility of the schedule. Being able to take my classes online is wonderful, as I love to travel.

Alexis

Located in the beautiful city of San Francisco, the Academy of Art University is the school where students are free to express themselves and persue the career of their dreams.

My classsmates are free spirited students who are all equally as passionate about learning as I am.

Although I fully enjoyed my senior year with all my friends and teachers I must say I have learned a great deal about what life is really like in the real world. In high school there was so much talk about what the real world really was like. I had friends who at my age already knew how to drive and had jobs. I didn’t drive nor did I have a full time job. I had no idea what the real world was like. If I had the chance to talk to myself from when I was a high school senior I would definitely advise myself to have applied to the Academy of Art University a lot sooner. I would push myself into applying for as many scholarships as I could. I would advise myself to work harder into finding help to fund my education. I believe it is never too late to persue one's dreams and I will continue to find financial help and achieve my career goals.

robert

My classmates are very hard working individuals who know what they want just like i do and will do whatever it takes to get there.

The advice i would give myself would be, an education is the most important thing and no matter how long it will take, in the end it will be worth all the hard work youve put in.

A hard working, pationate self driven student should attend this school because yes it is a lot of work but you have to find the drive within yourself that you can do it if you put your mind to it.

Ting

I wish I could have picked a major that I was interested in, not let other people(such as parents) picked it for me.

if you think open admission equals not studying hard, dont come to this school because you might drop out during the semster.

renee

Dear Younger Me, GO TO COLEGE AND FOLLOW YOUR DREAMS. You know what is right for you, so just do it! Do not follow the trends (not that you do), and do not let the voices of others interfere with your hopes and dreams. Follow your heart and you inner voice, you know what is the best for you. And above all, have fun while you are doing it. Yes, you should work hard (but do not over work yourself like you do a lot...) but having fun is the most important part of learning, because that is what you remember the most. Also, DO NOT WORRY SO MUCH. Seriously. You will hit some bumps in the road, but you have a great family that you love and will help you through anything. Make the best out of your experiences and live life to the fullest every moment. You never know when it will end. University is the best time of your life, you learn, live, travel, laugh, and above all else meet some of the most impressionable people you will ever meet in your life. Bon chance :)

artistic people looking to develop their skills in a serious and fast paced environment

Tremaine

If I could go back in time and talk to my high school self, I would tell myself to go to away school. I noticed that students who felt the biggest sense of community amongst peers are those who lived in the dorms. Those of us who live locally don't build relationship in the same manner primarily because we don't have to. I would also tell my high school self to be more driven, I didn't become a good student until college. During my senior year I had the worst senior-itis and it really affected my GPA, which in turn affected which grants and scholarships I could apply for, and left me to struggle for tuition money now. If my high school self had buckled down and pulled the grades that I knew were possible things would be different. The most important advice I could give myself then that still applies now is to follow your gut and do what you feel will make you happy. Don't do things for your mom, friends, or family... do them for you!

The kind of person who should attend this school is someone who is creative, hard working, and driven. You also have to be able to take critique. Though this is an art school the people who do the best aren't the most talented or skilled, they are the people who listen and adjust, the one's who buckle down and do the work.

The worst thing is probably the cost of tuition in addition to the standard cost of living in San Francisco. It is tough primarily if you are supporting yourself financially.

Amber

A institute will lots of opportunites and advantages.

A institute will lots of opportunites and advantages.

I would suggets students to not fell the pressure of going straight to a four year college, and attend a locla community college. At the age of 18 it is impossible to know what you wnat to be when you "grow up". I attened a community college and not until the age of 25 did I really know what I am passionate about and my career path way. We are growing year to year anf becoming our own person and realizing what really drives us, and we enjpy to do.

Some one who is motivated and determend to achieve the highest level of education. A person who will take advange of the opportunities avaible to its students.

Anjulina

You are sitting there wondering what you are going to do with the rest of your life right? You are considering college but will eventually back out from doing so because of the cost. Don't hesitate with the scholarships because they do help. Even if you think you won't qualify, there are a ton of opportunities out there to help with the cost. College is not as relaxed as high school but it is a necessary step before obtaining your ideal career. Try to not be overwhelmed with all the paperwork, just take it one page at a time. You will regret it if you don't take your education a step further. Though there are jobs out there that don't require a higher education, it will get you further than you could ever imagine in your dream career. You CAN make a name for yourself but you have to work for it. Your career will be more worth while if you work hard towards it. Don't be nervous, just go after what your heart desires. With dedication and hard work you will succeed.

I am in the process of applying, I would have liked to known how many hours per week would be part time student and how many hours would be considered full time. I would also like to know if I am able to choose a minor along side of my major.

Currently I don't find anything frustrating about this school.

Academy of Art University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.