San Francisco, CA
Academy of Art University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Academy of Art University

Leslie Diane

My school is expensive, but I'm learning much from it at least. The best part is that it's one way of getting myself out there in the gaming/art industry. Most people who are mostly my parents' friends react... forcibly fake when told about me going to an art school.

My overall opinion is that this school is not for anybody not passionate and willing to sacrifice sleep and friends to be successful, not able to afford the tuition and other fees and fines comfortably, and don't like living in a fast pace city environment. The school has the potential to be very good because the teachers are very good and and dedicated, you learn valuable things and have many academic resources like tutors and workshops but the lack of a campus environment takes away from that fun, traditional college experience that most people look for in a college.

What are your classes like?

Most classes are fairly small, sometimes rarely exceeding twenty students. Classes can be very long but tend to be hands on with every instructor who shows you step by step tutorials, personal tips and tricks, stories about the industry, and are patient and dedicated to helping you improve and want you to succeed.

The cost of tuition, room & board, extra fees or fines, and unreliable shuttle services are the most frustrating things about the school.

Someone who isn't sure about what major they want to focus on, isn't passionate about the Arts, and isn't willing to put a lot of time and effort each night/week or can't easily afford the expensive tuition, etc. shouldn't attend.

The Halloween party is the most popular activity, including basketball games. Most clubs our groups are very exclusive once you join them so any events with them are more private.

Some are very dedicated and focused while others will eventually drop-out after the first year because they want either couldn't keep up with the fast pace of the school curriculum or they were looking for a more traditional college experience that you can't find at this school. It is hard to find friends in this school, at the most you'll have a small group of friends. There is no real campus so your friends will most likely come from your classes or any sports that you play. People aren't very open and usually stay to themselves.

rhibano

I will advice myself take the same path without any hesitation.

I will advice myself take the same path without any hesitation.

Off campus housing can be very expensive.

Anyone looking for a free environment to express their artistic dreams in a diverse and supporting environment.

Sierra

AAU has all the tool, experience and devotion to their students to help them get the career you are dreaming of.

believe in yourself...Work hard and time management is SO important. Never lose focus on the big picture, never give up, have patience and enjoy the experience.

I brag about how AAU has the best teachers to prepare you for any industry you are wanting to get in to. The teachers knows all the ins and outs of the indsutry becouse they actually work in it. When you graduate you will have a boost to actually optain a job in your major.

Amany

(I actually attend California College of the Arts, but unfortunately, I did not see it part of the list. ) I work closely with 8 other students in my program, and will be doing so for the next two and a half years. Every student comes with a different artistic background, and and I am fortunate enough to be able to learn from each one of them. I know I am not at the top of my program, but working with other students who are more talented than me gives me that drive to get better each day.

Love the question, I've thought about it before. There are three essential pieces of advice I'd give myself: (And forgive me, this is literally going to be a little rant to myself!) APPLY FOR AS MANY INTERNSHIPS AS POSSIBLE AMANY. Don't focus on finding part time jobs that aren't going to help further your skills and experience for what you are studying. Consider unpaid internships before paid ones; those are ones you will be learning the most from. DO NOT LOSE SIGHT OF THE END GOAL AMANY. Spend weeknights in the studio working on your resume, spend weekends visiting galleries and looking for inspiration to become a better creative professional than you were the day before. Oh yeah, MASTER THE CREATIVE SUITE! Take some sva classes if you need to! 2. DON'T WORRY ABOUT FINDING LOVE AND DEVOTING MORE TIME TO A RELATIONSHIP THAT PROBABLY WILL NOT WORK OUT THAN TO THE CAREER PATH YOU ARE PURSUING AMANY!!!. Life is too short; education will get you the money which will get you the girl/boy. Now that I think about it, this sounds like the exact advice my sister gave me.

How expensive the city and tuition is, how expensive printing can become; I wish I knew some of my graphic tools a little more proficiently so I could work more expediently, networking is the most important tool you'll ever need to find opportunities.

Wendy

Expensive, but you get what you pay for.

Expensive, but you get what you pay for.

Knowing what I know now, I would tell past Me to only accept student loans as a last resort. As much as I love my school, and enjoy every single class I've taken so far, the amount of debt I've accrued is pretty scary. Being a first generation college student, I didn't have anybody to teach me how to plan for college financially. All things considered, I am pretty happy about how things have turned out. Yeah, it's been a struggle. But eating Top Ramen and sucking down semi-potable Folgers coffee is all part of the experience. It makes you really appreciate what life is like when you get out!

The most important thingss about my school are the job placement programs, being able to learn from professionals in my desired field, and the flexibility of the schedule. Being able to take my classes online is wonderful, as I love to travel.

Alexis

Located in the beautiful city of San Francisco, the Academy of Art University is the school where students are free to express themselves and persue the career of their dreams.

My classsmates are free spirited students who are all equally as passionate about learning as I am.

Although I fully enjoyed my senior year with all my friends and teachers I must say I have learned a great deal about what life is really like in the real world. In high school there was so much talk about what the real world really was like. I had friends who at my age already knew how to drive and had jobs. I didn’t drive nor did I have a full time job. I had no idea what the real world was like. If I had the chance to talk to myself from when I was a high school senior I would definitely advise myself to have applied to the Academy of Art University a lot sooner. I would push myself into applying for as many scholarships as I could. I would advise myself to work harder into finding help to fund my education. I believe it is never too late to persue one's dreams and I will continue to find financial help and achieve my career goals.

robert

My classmates are very hard working individuals who know what they want just like i do and will do whatever it takes to get there.

The advice i would give myself would be, an education is the most important thing and no matter how long it will take, in the end it will be worth all the hard work youve put in.

A hard working, pationate self driven student should attend this school because yes it is a lot of work but you have to find the drive within yourself that you can do it if you put your mind to it.

Ting

I wish I could have picked a major that I was interested in, not let other people(such as parents) picked it for me.

if you think open admission equals not studying hard, dont come to this school because you might drop out during the semster.

Academy of Art University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.