Glenside, PA
Arcadia University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Arcadia University

MaryAnn

My school is friendly, helpful, and encouraging.

My school is friendly, helpful, and encouraging.

Find a achool that makes sense finacially. Also, look at programs that are most similar to what the student wants to study. Find a school with a lot of variety in class options. If a student is unsure of what they want to study going to a school that has diverse general education requirements can help a student get a taste of various fields without wasting time and money. Makeing sure the student feels comfortable and safe on the campus and its surrounding areas is also very important.

The most frustrating thing about my school is each department seems to run under different rules. The eneral education requirements are known by all but other than that there seems to be no one person that you can go to get a straight answer. Everyone sends you to another person and nobody knows for sure.

When selecting the right college/ university think about what kind of person you are. What are your needs and what kind of experience are you looking for? Then seek out instituitions that meet most of your criteria. You can seek out these colleges/universities in numerous ways - internet, word of mouth, open houses, and et cetera, but the best way to explore a school is to visit it during regular academic periods when students are in full college/university mode. Shadow a current student! Sleep in the dorms! Hangout in the student facilities! Once you do this, if you could take 2 to 4 years of life there, get more details about how to finance your academic career.

Honestly, I feel like everthing that I needed to know about Arcadia was spelled out for me, through the website, brochures and representatives.

A person who whats to be surrounded by a continuous party and an enormous amount of people.

Choose a college based on a program that you will truly benefit from. You will grow and learn from any experience regardless of whether or not you think it is a good one at the time. Never deny anything because you think you can't do it. College is the best place to realize your capabilities, and the best place for oppurtunities. Never let anything pass you by, and if given the chance, study abroad!!!

We have an unbelievably beautiful campus. Also, we're lucky because the school puts such an emphasis on studying abroad you gain experiences you never thought possible before. And we also have an amazing scientific illustration program.

I wish we had more healthy food options. As a commuter I don't have a meal plan and I don't always have time to make my own lunch. I'm not a fan of greasy food.

I think in order to find the right school you have to consider location and size. Schools are usually expensive no matter where you go but you have to decide if you think you can handle being away from home and how far is too far. You also need to take in consideration on the school size because if you are used to a smaller high school then a bigger college may seem overwhelming. One other important thing is you need to go where there are activities you are interested in and majors of interest. Even if you do not know what you want to major in if you have some interests it will be easier to weed out the other schools. You also want extra curricular activities that interest you because you will need a break from schoolwork from time to time.

Getting answers from staff members because sometimes you get the run around or they are just slow at giving you an answer

Arcadia is best known for Biology, PA programs, Political Science, International Studies, Psychology, and study abroad opportunities. Arcadia is also known for is small college and qualtiy private education.

Trying to find the perfect college is so tricky. But my coarse of action was to pick a school I could picture myself staying at for the total 4 years. When trying to find a college that fits you, you need to look at everything from the finanical aid options to the clubs and organizations the college offers. Also if you want to study abroad you need to find a college that allows you to do so. You also need to decide what size of a college is best for you because the amount of people in each class is important. And even at a small college registration for classes can be brutal. Another imporant part of knowing if the college is right for you is if you are far enough away from family but not too far to where you cant go home on the weekends. The small distance is great because you become more independent, but when you get homesick home is just a train or bus ride away.

Someone who needs to be at a school that has a serority or fraternity shouldn't go to Arcadia. Also a person who doesn't like small class sizes because Arcadia is small. Also people who play competitive sports because Arcadia is a D3 school.

When looking for the right school, the best way to find out if it is right for you is to actually visit the campus and interact with the students and faculty. Once you meet the people who you could potentially be studying with, you will know if this is the environment that is right for you. It is also important to ask questions about the facilities that you will be using; how old the equipment is, how often it is available for use, what hours of the day they are accessible, etc. Knowing what academic facilities are available is imperitive to doing well at a university. To make the most of the college experience, there must be the perfect balance between work and socializing. In my experience, college is just as much about forming friendships and relationships with both fellow classmates and faculty as it is about obtaining a degree. Get involved on campus, do community service, do outside projects with your professors. This is the best way to further your academic carreer, put more onto your resume, meet new people, and to simply enjoy your time at college.

When I am talking about my school, the one aspect that I talk about the most is how easy it is to get in touch with my professors outside of class. I have been able to spend much time working in labs outside of class, and this has increased my learning experience very much. This is only possible at a smaller school where the faculty and students are able to interact on a personal level.

The most frustrating experience I have had at my school is being placed in the housing that I desire. It is very difficult to get your first choice, and sometimes even to get your second or third choice. After being given the runaround by the housing department, I ended up in the dorms again, which is very uncommon for anyone who is not a freshman. The housing placement is based on a random lottery, and I think that there are many more efficient and fair ways of handling this.

Maria

Arcadia is really great for students who want to go study abroad. There are many extremely affordable programs for a multitude of countries to choose from.

Firstly, it really helps to know what you want to study. The last thing that anyone wants is to spend money at school for one major, change majors, and find out that your school doesn't have a program for it. Second, know what kind of atmosphere that you want. Are you more comfortable in a large campus, or a smaller campus? Do you want large lecture-type classes where the professors don't know your name, or a class with 10 or so students? Do you want a party school or a school focused on academics? Would your rather attend a school where everyone goes home on the weekends, or a school with a lot of programs over the weekends? Lastly, consider the price. Remember, there is plenty of money out there for students if you know where to look. Consider your current budget, but also remember that you will have a decent job in the field of your choice when you're done with college. College really is a wonderful experiece. I am in my second year and it has flown by, so most of all, treasure the time that you have at school.

I don't think that anyone who is looking for a lot of wild parties, drinking, fraternities, or a large campus atmosphere should attend Arcadia.

Jacqueline

My classmates and I study together so we can understand the material better.

My classmates and I study together so we can understand the material better.

The best advice I can give is to take your time to find the best college for you. Visiting the school helps a lot because you can see if you would see yourself actually living there. I love my school and the experiences I have had here are more than I could have asked for. Living this close to a city is a great opportunity and I enjoy it. The parents need to allow their students to choose where they want to go not where their parents want them to go. The reason I say this is because if they are forced to go somewhere they don't want to, there is a chance the student will be unhappy and could possibly fail. The students should also try to take the selection process as seriously as possible. That is the best advice I would give parents and students about finding the right college and making the most of the college experiences.

I find the most frustrating thing about Arcadia being that there are not a lot of activites off campus in this area other than traveling to the city.

Gina

The advice I would give to parents and students would be to focus on the college that you want to attend and not on the money you might have to spend. In order to get the experience and the education that you long for you should go for it no matter how high the cost. If you have succeeded in your high school education there will always be academic scholarships. If you took part in sports there are those scholarships too. If you just dont have the money financial aid is available. The college that is right is the college that offers the class size you prefer, a great program in your major, and a campus you feel safe on and take pleasure in walking around it. Making the most out of the college experience is to be involved on campus in at least one group, make friends with classmates, and to focus on your studies!

The worst thing about my school is that I feel like part of the minority politically. I think that professors should not push their politcal beliefs on students. If being liberal is being part of the majority on campus I wish that other students and professors would really consider that there must be some students who do not agree. I feel that it is fine for everyone to have their own opinions and beliefs, but it is not one's job to talk about it all the time and force what they think on others.

That I dont live on campus, because I cant afford to. Professors expect that I can come for a ten minute meeting when I live thirty minutes away.

Kristin

Have fun and trust yourself. College is a time to discover you passions.

Have fun and trust yourself. College is a time to discover you passions.

How helpful professors and faculty were and the high level of academic focus

Arcadia University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.