Glenside, PA
Arcadia University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Arcadia University

Kysha

Overall, Arcadia is a great university. The class sizes are small and intimate, and the teachers play close attention to you and your progress throughout the class and the semester. The campus is medium sized and the surrounding town is sort of dead and spread out. It's better to create your own fun which Arcadia tries to provide for you. Not much of a party area either but you can find them if you really want to. The food is okay, not the best. The Chat, which is another food area besides the dining hall, has the best overall food. If you want things with taste, you should just make your own food. But, I still think it's a great school to come to especially if you want to focus on purely academics.

Victoria

Arcadia is a great school. Everyone is friendly and open to everything. Class a tough but lots of opportunity for help. There are a lot a extra activities to participate in. We always love to go to games and just hang out on the weekends. The school does host a lot of events on campus, like spring fling, which has lots performers and venders and than we magicians that perform. All is at no extra charge. It's a great learning environment and the teachers are very easy to talk to.

Ruth
College

College

Overall Arcadia is a great school. It has an awesome psychology and biology department. It's chemistry and physics department need some work, but someone is always willing to help you out.

Lynn

It is an open inclusive environment, where everyone fits in for the wacky, quirky person you are!!!

I know 3/4 of the history department by name and they know me, by name as well. I can go to any professor's office and ask for help. We have a great Learning Resource Network (LRN) where you can go for tutoring, a great support network for students with disabilities, and I have never been in a class with more then 25 students. When you study abroad all of your classes will count, when you come back to America.

Newon

I'm so excited to start here in the fall. Its been my dream school. Let just hope I can find money for room and board.

That you'll have to take out loans for a stupid two year community college and put yourself in trouble when you finally get accepted into your dream school. Then that you'll have to start a GoFundMe campaign that no one will donate to because no one cares.

I'm not sure I haven't started yet. But everyone is very weird and I love it.

Yes. Yes to all of them.

I"m not sure I start in the fall but they have an amazing list of classes and almost all their students graduate so fingers crossed for me.

Iuvina

Knowing what I know now, I would tell myself to really research colleges. "Make sure you actualy like them and take the school reviews seriously." Also I would tell myself to work much harder because college will only get more difficult as you go on. The classes get harder and harder and life becomes more serious. You will stress about money and a job so make sure to line one up ahead of time. Also make sure you live with great people. Your stress will only be greater if you live with people who clash with you. Become good friends with your professors. They can help you down the line in getting jobs and internships. You will need this the most because once college is over it will be difficult to actually get a job. Plus, don't choose relationships over your education. You do not need to spend everyday having fun. Seriously focus and put effort into your work. Do not be ridiculous.

The staff. There are extremely unhelpful and rude. When you have a problem to be solved they ignore you and take forever to actually get the problem fixed. Most do not seem to care about the students.

Someone who wants to only do research in their field and does not mind everyone who goes here being completely the same.

If I could talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself that it is alright to fail at something. You shouldn't have such high expectations of yourself that it makes you miserable. It is good to push yourself to always improve, but there are limitations. If you don't always have straight A's, it is okay, as long as you tried your best. Don't compare your work to others. Focus on your own work and beating your own records.

The worst thing at Arcadia, in my opinion, is the meal plan. I'm a vegetarian so there were not that many healthy options available for me, and I also NEVER used all my meal swipes. It was a waste of money that they required me to spend.

The most frustrating thing about Arcadia is the tuition amount in comparison with the aid I am receiving. I feel that some students who are doing worse academically are unfairly receiving greater scholarships/aid.

The high focus on research and experiments (psychology and science)

The high focus on research and experiments (psychology and science)

I would tell myself to get involved with assisting my psychology professors in their research projects right away, instead of waiting until my Junior year. The professors are very open and willing to include their students with their personal academic work. Working as a research assistant has opened so many doors and presented me with so many opportunities that I would not have been able to explore if I had not made the first move and put myself out there. It is risky to put yourself out there, but it is well-worth the risk.

Availability of the professors and the ability to assist in professors research (psychology and other sciences). It gives hands-on experinece, adds to your resume/CV, allows students to network, and develop lasting professional relationships with various faculty and staff.

Alison

My school is best known for their study abroad opportunities. The freshman class is able to participate in a First Year Semester Abroad program in either England or Scotland. Those that do not study abroad during their first year are able to participate in the Preview program. This is a two credit course offered in the spring semester that teaches students about the customs and culture of a country and then takes them to that country over spring break. My class focuses on Japan and will take us to Tokyo for a week.

If I could go back a semester there is not much that I would tell my high school self in regards to work ethics but, there is a lot of social advice that I would give. I remember being terrified of going away for school. I was petrified about the idea of meeting hundreds of new people and having to create a whole new friend group. I spent several sleepless nights worrying that my current friends would forget about me when we all moved. However, there were several things I failed to realize during my teenage angst that are now clear to me. I would like remind my past self that all the new people I would be meeting during orientation were in the same position as me; they would all be moving into a new area and they would all be scared, lonely, and homesick. Had I realized this, I wouldn’t have lost so much sleep due to my nerves and I could have focused on enjoying myself. I would also assure my younger self that my friends would never abandon me and that they were worried I would forget about them as well.

Unfortunately, the chemistry department at my school is notorious. The department head creates all of the chemistry 101 and 102 exams himself even though he does not teach the class nor know which sections the class has not covered or is having trouble. The professors are not given this exam until it is time for their students to take the exam and they therefore have trouble adequately preparing us.

Sabrina

My classmates are some of the most diverse group of people you may ever meet. Granted, my university is all about diversity, but these students phyiscally represent that theme. Not only do we have culturaaly diverse students, such as Spanish, Korean, African, and Islam, we have students with different interest and idelas. From atheletes to LARPs and Superwholock fans to musicians, any incoming student would be able to find a group to feel comfortable with.

We have come so far, please do not get discouraged. It wasn't easy getting to senior year, actually it was disheartening sometimes. The teachers saying that you wouldn't get far in high school, let alone college, are going to be shaking your hand at your high school graduation ceremony. The peers who bullied you and made you believe you were nothing voted you as the "Funnist Girl" in high school and like you. When you doubted yoursel after many people said the majoring in Communications wasn't going to get you anyhwere in life, it was only a matter of time before you realized that it didn't matter because it was your passion. In four years, you've come very far. So, don't ever stop moving and pushing forward. It's easy to get into that small town mindset that you should skip college, wok in a factory, and play it safe, but don't let those thoughts sink in. Get that higher education, compete for a job in field that's cut-throat, learn to reach for the stars. You deserve the world and so much more. You just have to belieev and push forward.

I feel that the wrst thing about my school is student/administration communication. The communication between professors and students are fine, but when it comes to financial aid or administration, they tend to keep students in the dark. We would like to be informed of the changes that go on at our school but administration keeps a lot from us and it affects our school and the students financially and socially.

Arcadia University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.