Glenside, PA
Arcadia University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Arcadia University

Newon

I'm so excited to start here in the fall. Its been my dream school. Let just hope I can find money for room and board.

That you'll have to take out loans for a stupid two year community college and put yourself in trouble when you finally get accepted into your dream school. Then that you'll have to start a GoFundMe campaign that no one will donate to because no one cares.

I'm not sure I haven't started yet. But everyone is very weird and I love it.

Yes. Yes to all of them.

I"m not sure I start in the fall but they have an amazing list of classes and almost all their students graduate so fingers crossed for me.

Iuvina

Knowing what I know now, I would tell myself to really research colleges. "Make sure you actualy like them and take the school reviews seriously." Also I would tell myself to work much harder because college will only get more difficult as you go on. The classes get harder and harder and life becomes more serious. You will stress about money and a job so make sure to line one up ahead of time. Also make sure you live with great people. Your stress will only be greater if you live with people who clash with you. Become good friends with your professors. They can help you down the line in getting jobs and internships. You will need this the most because once college is over it will be difficult to actually get a job. Plus, don't choose relationships over your education. You do not need to spend everyday having fun. Seriously focus and put effort into your work. Do not be ridiculous.

The staff. There are extremely unhelpful and rude. When you have a problem to be solved they ignore you and take forever to actually get the problem fixed. Most do not seem to care about the students.

Someone who wants to only do research in their field and does not mind everyone who goes here being completely the same.

If I could talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself that it is alright to fail at something. You shouldn't have such high expectations of yourself that it makes you miserable. It is good to push yourself to always improve, but there are limitations. If you don't always have straight A's, it is okay, as long as you tried your best. Don't compare your work to others. Focus on your own work and beating your own records.

The worst thing at Arcadia, in my opinion, is the meal plan. I'm a vegetarian so there were not that many healthy options available for me, and I also NEVER used all my meal swipes. It was a waste of money that they required me to spend.

The most frustrating thing about Arcadia is the tuition amount in comparison with the aid I am receiving. I feel that some students who are doing worse academically are unfairly receiving greater scholarships/aid.

I would tell myself to get involved with assisting my psychology professors in their research projects right away, instead of waiting until my Junior year. The professors are very open and willing to include their students with their personal academic work. Working as a research assistant has opened so many doors and presented me with so many opportunities that I would not have been able to explore if I had not made the first move and put myself out there. It is risky to put yourself out there, but it is well-worth the risk.

The high focus on research and experiments (psychology and science)

Availability of the professors and the ability to assist in professors research (psychology and other sciences). It gives hands-on experinece, adds to your resume/CV, allows students to network, and develop lasting professional relationships with various faculty and staff.

Alison

My school is best known for their study abroad opportunities. The freshman class is able to participate in a First Year Semester Abroad program in either England or Scotland. Those that do not study abroad during their first year are able to participate in the Preview program. This is a two credit course offered in the spring semester that teaches students about the customs and culture of a country and then takes them to that country over spring break. My class focuses on Japan and will take us to Tokyo for a week.

If I could go back a semester there is not much that I would tell my high school self in regards to work ethics but, there is a lot of social advice that I would give. I remember being terrified of going away for school. I was petrified about the idea of meeting hundreds of new people and having to create a whole new friend group. I spent several sleepless nights worrying that my current friends would forget about me when we all moved. However, there were several things I failed to realize during my teenage angst that are now clear to me. I would like remind my past self that all the new people I would be meeting during orientation were in the same position as me; they would all be moving into a new area and they would all be scared, lonely, and homesick. Had I realized this, I wouldn’t have lost so much sleep due to my nerves and I could have focused on enjoying myself. I would also assure my younger self that my friends would never abandon me and that they were worried I would forget about them as well.

Unfortunately, the chemistry department at my school is notorious. The department head creates all of the chemistry 101 and 102 exams himself even though he does not teach the class nor know which sections the class has not covered or is having trouble. The professors are not given this exam until it is time for their students to take the exam and they therefore have trouble adequately preparing us.

Sabrina

My classmates are some of the most diverse group of people you may ever meet. Granted, my university is all about diversity, but these students phyiscally represent that theme. Not only do we have culturaaly diverse students, such as Spanish, Korean, African, and Islam, we have students with different interest and idelas. From atheletes to LARPs and Superwholock fans to musicians, any incoming student would be able to find a group to feel comfortable with.

We have come so far, please do not get discouraged. It wasn't easy getting to senior year, actually it was disheartening sometimes. The teachers saying that you wouldn't get far in high school, let alone college, are going to be shaking your hand at your high school graduation ceremony. The peers who bullied you and made you believe you were nothing voted you as the "Funnist Girl" in high school and like you. When you doubted yoursel after many people said the majoring in Communications wasn't going to get you anyhwere in life, it was only a matter of time before you realized that it didn't matter because it was your passion. In four years, you've come very far. So, don't ever stop moving and pushing forward. It's easy to get into that small town mindset that you should skip college, wok in a factory, and play it safe, but don't let those thoughts sink in. Get that higher education, compete for a job in field that's cut-throat, learn to reach for the stars. You deserve the world and so much more. You just have to belieev and push forward.

I feel that the wrst thing about my school is student/administration communication. The communication between professors and students are fine, but when it comes to financial aid or administration, they tend to keep students in the dark. We would like to be informed of the changes that go on at our school but administration keeps a lot from us and it affects our school and the students financially and socially.

Ana

Ana, you're what, 18 years old? Listen to me please. Before you graduate and attend MECA, read this. I know you're sick of studying, and writing papers. You think art is easy and fun. But art school is not all work and no play. Art is a way of life that is not for you. I lived through the ups and downs, the struggles and the victories of adulthood. I was there when you decided to go to MECA because of "dreams of becoming an illustrator". That dream was an unrealistic expectation. I'm 22 right now, been on my own for a while, worked dead end jobs, struggled to put myself through school, spent many hours studying and writing papers because it's what I love. What you need to do is to narrow down your purpose. You always loved to help others. You always loved to learn. Art was a romantisized idea. But it's not for you. You're a rhetoritian, a guide, a helper. Stop living in that fantasy world of "starving artist", and be the Socrates you're meant to be. Love, Ana at 22. P.S remember to learn, learn, learn.

The best thing about Arcadia are the professors. Most of the professors I've had are passionate about the subject they teach, and are willing to offer the help you deserve. The professor treat you as equals, and are interested in your thoughts, ideas, and questions. If you have specific questions, you can always reach your professors, and they will guide you in the right direction. With that being said, they won't give you teh answers or suggestions, you have to work and ask for the answers and suggestions.

The worst thing about Arcadia is the lack of communication with faculty, staff, departments, and students. Most of the time, departments, faculty/staff, and students keep to themselves. If there is an issue, it takes a while for issues to be addressed. Not to say that the employees and student don't do their work, because they do, it's the lack of communication from department to department that causes issues.

Amber

The cost, as it is a private school. Also, the 15 minute walk from the train station to campus.

I believe someone looking for individual attention, a well-rounded education and a beautiful campus should attend Arcadia.

Ryan

Before I came to Arcadia I wish I would have know the importance of applying for and recieving scholarships. This school is very expensive to attend, especially for someone who lives on campus.

The type of student that sould not attend Arcadia University is a student that does not like diversity and is not open to new and differing ideals. Arcadia is an international school. Many of our students come from all around the world. If someone does not want to live near and or have class with someone who's first languge is not English, they should not come to this school.

Moriah

My school is small, maybe 1500 students. This gives us a more personal atmosphere. I know several of my professors well, and each wants to make a personal connection with us. No other school I inquired after had such a community based feel.

Dear High School Senior Me, Your first thought on campus is going to be, "Dang, these people are huge." Don't let that fact intimidate you. You're bold and courageous. Spend a little time outside of your comfort zone getting to know people. You'll discover things about yourself: you crave deep, intellectual thought and you're actually in an introvert. Take care of yourself. Find other math majors and minors. Connect with them. Realize that some friendships aren’t worth pursuing, and others are. Let some high school friendships dissolve; they were just dead skin, good for a season, but now they need to be sloughed off. Remember, you’re entering a huge transition period. You’ll want to conform to the world. Don’t. Be the light you want to see in the world. Be open and honest. Don’t lose yourself; discover yourself. Always love yourself. There are some days where you won’t feel loved; don’t dwell on those. Dwell on the days in which your friends make you feel like you’re floating on cloud nine. Stay positive. I love you. Good luck. College Freshman Me

William Jesup University has many different clubs and ways to get involved. My favorite club is the swing dancing club. It's a blast. Also, I love my teaching program. It's one of three unique programs in which candidates can get their teaching credentials in four years, instead of the standard 6-8.

Arcadia University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.