Glenside, PA
Arcadia University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Arcadia University

Natasha

What I have gotten out of my college experience is the oppurtunite to grow up and expand my mind out of high school. It has has been valuable attend to have the choice to become a well educated black women and to be able achieve my goal to be a nurse.

Cavonne

Arcadia has a global connection requirement for graduation which means that you have to get off campus and either interact with people in/around Philadelphia, the United States, or the world. Arcadia has the number one study abroad program in the United States. Arcadia also has a career internship requirement for graduation, so you must go out and get involved in your future career path before you graduate.

The biggest thing that I think I have gotten out of my college experience is great friends. I think that if I were to go to a non-resident college or if I hadn't lived on campus, I feel that I would not have gotten to know my friends as well as I have. The other thing I feel that I've gotten out of college is learning my strengths, knowing that I can acheive my goals and I will push myself to make that happen. I think if I didn't go to college not only would I not know what I truly wanted to do, as a career, but I am not sure that I would have gained the knowledge that no matter what life threw at me I would be able to find the strength to achieve it.

The only person I can think should not attend Arcadia is someone who is intolerant. Tolerance is one of biggest things that Arcadia promotes to all their students and faculty. We have a Civility flag on campus, so whenever any type of intolerance is reported that flag is lowered so let the whole campus know that there has been some form of incivility.

Brigid

Arcadia University teaches students to be globally aware, tolerant, well-rounded curriculum and the student body cares about the people and environment of the world.

I have been exposed to many people and outlooks while enrolled at Arcadia University. I have studied abroad and on campus, which has expanded my global perspective. II have become more independent and responsible as a result of my experiences on campus in Glenside and abroad in London, England and Perugia, Italy. I believe that I am becoming a more productive, tolerant, responsible member of society as a result of my educational opportunities at Arcadia University. I hope to be an abassador for my university and work in a foreign relations enabling me to use the global perspective I have learned during my college education.

Students who don't care about anyone but themselves.

Most students are majoring in either the arts or sciences so it is a very liberal campus.

I transferred to Arcadia from another college and the experiences were like night and day. My previous school was very competitive and getting into required classes was so difficult that a large portion of students had to stay more than four years to meet graduation requirements. Arcadia really does make its students its priority. I have been able to build relationships with my professors and even professors outside of my department. This school supports my academic and career goals rather than being indifferent like my previous school. As a student at Arcadia I find myself setting higher goals for myself and working harder to achieve them because I know I have the support of my peers and professors.

Most of the professors are really approachable and actually care about you as a person and not just a body in their classroom. I have never had a problem getting into any class that I needed and the administration is always helpful if there are any issues with classes, financial aid, or anything else.

Nada

My college experince has taught me not to give up and to pursue my goals. There is always room for improvement and to turn your life around. To not choose a path that you're good at but that you love.

People who like to "blend in" and like the crazy city life.

Anthony

Arcadia university is best known for its programs abroad, cultural experience, and visually, the grey castle tower.

The most valuable asset i wish to gain from college is experience. The knowledge and wisdom that can only be gained at college are invaluble to my life and the success i hope to achieve. Above all, else the greatest asset would be confidence in myself and knowing i can accomplish any task and overcome any obstacles that stand in the way.

Its expensive; however, finacial aid is readily available.

Theodora

What I have gotten out of my college experience is that education is an important tthing to have. Education is so important because without it people will not have a future. It has been valuable to attend this college because I have truly learned a lot in these past two years. I am two years away from graduating and I know that by attending this University I am going to earn the degrees I am trying to obtain.

A person who loves small class sizes should attend this school. This gives students the chance to get to know their professors on a more personal level.

How expensive it is! I love it there but it is hard to find the money to attend!

Darlene

As a mother of three, returning to college was amazing. My two eldest children attended the same school with me. It was great to be able to "compare notes" with them on some classes. It was also a family "competition" for GPA's. (I won!) Even though this experiece with my children was great, making so many new friends and experiencing things I never thought I could again was truly amazing. I have become a better person, and parent for attending. My youngest child (3rd grade) thinks it's "cool" that Mom is going to be a teacher. My experience's have giving him a better insight of his teacher as well. He better understands what is expected of him on an academic and behavior level. Over all, this has been one of the best experience's of my entire life!

Kyla

The best part about Arcadia University is the Study Abroad Program. In my experience studying in London, it was a wonderful experience that many college students do not get the oppurtunity to participate in. In studying abroad, it opened my eyes to the global workplace, different cultures, and amazing people I would not have met otherwise. Studying in London showed me how other students attend college and how to prepare for the global job market.

This first year of college brought a lot of different experiences for me. I tackled the independence of living on campus, away from my family, which taught me time management, self sufficiency, and raised my self esteem. I studied a semester in London at City University, getting the opportunity to see the world, immerse myself in a different culture and educational environment. My courses gave me an insight into the global work force which is important in competing in the global job market. Freshman year gave me the opportunity to think about the future, what were my goals, and how was I going to accomplish them. Attending college was the best thing that could have happened to me. I met with many people, students and professors, sharing ideas and concepts that will help me throughout life.

When I tell my friends about Arcadia University, I mention the amazing Study Abroad programs, including the First Year Study Abroad Experience inwhich I participated. I studied a semester of my freshman year in London. I also mention how close the campus is to Philadelphia, how nicely the campus is kept, and the number and quality of the educational facilities.

Joel

The knowledge I have accrued throughout the years, which at first seemed useless to my career, has provided me with the invaluable tools that I utilized on a daily basis. My college experience has allowed to recognize and apply many, seemingly abstract, things to my life. I have had the chance to learn about the history of world civilizations; which has taught me what, in the past, has molded me and my society. I have learned psychology; which has shown me my potential and how everyone, including me, is unique depending on their nurtured lives. I have learned sociology, math, chemistry, and biology, which have all collectively shown me how the pieces of my chaotic world fit together and suddenly become orderly. College has given me the ability to recognize and appreciate diversity and its absolute importance in society. Being in a classroom with a mixture of ages and ethnicities taught me the damage effects of my prior ethnocentricity. I have been exposed to different ethnicities all my life, but having the raw opportunity to discuss them has surely opened my eyes and expanded my horizons.

Arcadia University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.