Glenside, PA
Arcadia University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Arcadia University

Jesse

I's a great school for study abroad. For example a freshmen preview in various locations nationally and globally. I would change the whole social life of the campus. It is lacking immensely. Too small. Whenever ever I say I go to Arcadia people ask me "what?" or "where is that?" basically no one has heard of it, unless you're a PT major. I spend my times in the dorm or the library. There is much to go anyways. Administration is ok. Hardly any school pride. Most frequent complaints: boring, food sucks, sports suck.

There is some racial diversity.This schools lacks economic and social diversity. It's predomniantly white. There's little interacial interactions. People who like small unathletic schools would fit perfectly here, if not don't go here! The four tables would include: jocks, all girls table, weirdos, freshmen.

The naked truth is: Arcadia is boring, no social interactions, stupid and everything negative.

Yup. It's boring as hell unless you're a partier or belong to a certain clique.

The classes are fairly easy at least for freshmen year. All the classes are small. They rarely exceed 25 students but it depends on the class and departments such as bio, chem etc. The teachers so far have been nice. They know their students names and they offer individual attention. Students study sort of but the majority study the most during finals. Not very competitive between students. Arcadia doesn't have too high of standards academic wise. Not too challenging. If you want a challenge and a good education go to a better well known school. The career development office is ok. Arcadia is more geared towards learning. You will have to work hard to get a job.

Social life is dead unless you hang out with a certain group. A car is a must have if you don't want to die of boredom. The ratio of girls to guys is painful! More guys need to come. On campus activities are lame. There are dances usually every month they aren't too much fun unless you put a lot of effort into them. You see the same people everyday. The school is very small. Not much to do. The food sucks, there's a dining hall which the food takes like plastic or nothing at all. The chat is gross, fattening and the grease sticks to your clothes. The cliques are ridiculous. Jocks only hang out with jocks. Partiers with partiers etc. Not much mingling between social groups. There are barely any upperclassmen on campus. So it's mostly freshmen that you see everyday it feels. Transportaion is not free for example the busing system is $4 round trip. The train station is a 10 minute walk and costs money to get into Philly. The athletics suck! It's division III and it still sucks. No schol spirit or pride. No famous people have come to campus. No sororities or fraternities. The clubs are lame. Not much effort is put into them.

Boring, small, white middle-upper class. Mostly people from Pennsylvania, New Jersey.

Levi

My college experience has been invaluable. By just attending school I am offered more jobs, and within those jobs higher positions because of my education. I enjoy learning new things and in college there is always something new to learn. The world will pay me what they think I am worth. I look at school as putting more money in my wallet in the future. I have enjoyed college immensely from the classes to the athletic events. Here in school I have found a degree path that will help me make a difference in this world by helping people. College is a once in a life time experience that I would not give up for anything.

Melissa

It has been valuable to attend Arcadia University because I've made amazing friend from all over the country in which I would have never got the opportunity. In addition, Arcadia University offers spring previews as part of their study abroad program so this March I will be traveling to Scotland over spring break. Plus in addition, Arcadia offers a cominbed optometry program with Salus University which gives me amazing opportunies that many other colleges do not offer.

I wish i knew that the dining hall food would be repetitive and not appetizing at all.

The most frustrating thing about Arcadia University is getting a professor that you hate. It makes going to each class very dreadful and makes learning extremely hard.

Melissa

A great place for people from all different backgrouds.

A great place for people from all different backgrouds.

I got the opportunity to study aboard during my jr. year and that was an opportunity that had it not been for Arcadia I would have never been able to do. I was able to attend a University in Australia and I was able to visit and see so many places while i was there. Australia is a place that I maybe never get the opportunity to go back to, so having had the chance to be there for four months was something that I am so greatful for.

The location, it is a bus ride away from the city, so there is always something to do and see.

Natasha

What I have gotten out of my college experience is the oppurtunite to grow up and expand my mind out of high school. It has has been valuable attend to have the choice to become a well educated black women and to be able achieve my goal to be a nurse.

Cavonne

Arcadia has a global connection requirement for graduation which means that you have to get off campus and either interact with people in/around Philadelphia, the United States, or the world. Arcadia has the number one study abroad program in the United States. Arcadia also has a career internship requirement for graduation, so you must go out and get involved in your future career path before you graduate.

The biggest thing that I think I have gotten out of my college experience is great friends. I think that if I were to go to a non-resident college or if I hadn't lived on campus, I feel that I would not have gotten to know my friends as well as I have. The other thing I feel that I've gotten out of college is learning my strengths, knowing that I can acheive my goals and I will push myself to make that happen. I think if I didn't go to college not only would I not know what I truly wanted to do, as a career, but I am not sure that I would have gained the knowledge that no matter what life threw at me I would be able to find the strength to achieve it.

The only person I can think should not attend Arcadia is someone who is intolerant. Tolerance is one of biggest things that Arcadia promotes to all their students and faculty. We have a Civility flag on campus, so whenever any type of intolerance is reported that flag is lowered so let the whole campus know that there has been some form of incivility.

Brigid

Arcadia University teaches students to be globally aware, tolerant, well-rounded curriculum and the student body cares about the people and environment of the world.

I have been exposed to many people and outlooks while enrolled at Arcadia University. I have studied abroad and on campus, which has expanded my global perspective. II have become more independent and responsible as a result of my experiences on campus in Glenside and abroad in London, England and Perugia, Italy. I believe that I am becoming a more productive, tolerant, responsible member of society as a result of my educational opportunities at Arcadia University. I hope to be an abassador for my university and work in a foreign relations enabling me to use the global perspective I have learned during my college education.

Students who don't care about anyone but themselves.

Most students are majoring in either the arts or sciences so it is a very liberal campus.

I transferred to Arcadia from another college and the experiences were like night and day. My previous school was very competitive and getting into required classes was so difficult that a large portion of students had to stay more than four years to meet graduation requirements. Arcadia really does make its students its priority. I have been able to build relationships with my professors and even professors outside of my department. This school supports my academic and career goals rather than being indifferent like my previous school. As a student at Arcadia I find myself setting higher goals for myself and working harder to achieve them because I know I have the support of my peers and professors.

Most of the professors are really approachable and actually care about you as a person and not just a body in their classroom. I have never had a problem getting into any class that I needed and the administration is always helpful if there are any issues with classes, financial aid, or anything else.

Nada

My college experince has taught me not to give up and to pursue my goals. There is always room for improvement and to turn your life around. To not choose a path that you're good at but that you love.

People who like to "blend in" and like the crazy city life.

Anthony

Arcadia university is best known for its programs abroad, cultural experience, and visually, the grey castle tower.

The most valuable asset i wish to gain from college is experience. The knowledge and wisdom that can only be gained at college are invaluble to my life and the success i hope to achieve. Above all, else the greatest asset would be confidence in myself and knowing i can accomplish any task and overcome any obstacles that stand in the way.

Its expensive; however, finacial aid is readily available.

Arcadia University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.