Campbell University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Campbell University

Maci

Campbell is a beautiful and wonderful school for many reasons. The dorm rooms are a pretty good size, and I always feel at home talking to people there. Campbell is like a safe place for me, or a home away from home. It makes me feel like everything I do, no matter what will be accepted or if I make a mistake it will be forgiven. I’m never scared I talk to others because it’s like we’re one big family. People are always willing to help each other and that’s what I truly love about Campbell.

Desha

I like it. I don't love it. Many things could be improved such as parking. But other than that, it's a pretty enjoyable college.

Angie

Overall, Campbell University is a school I would recommend to anyone who is looking for a home away from home. Campbell is safe and encourages creativity and uniqueness. Professors are approachable, friendly, and some have a sense of humor. Students at Campbell are a family, meaning everyone knows everybody and no one feels alone. Campbell University is an exceptional school.

Jorge

I absolutely love my home-away-from-home. We are all one big family looking out for each other and lifting each other up. And when I mean we are all one big family, I mean it. From the students to the professors, from maintenance to the president. We care for each other and we put others first.

Campbell is an extremely safe place. As long as you find a good group of friends, life at Campbell can be rewarding. Take advantage of the campus and it will be well worth it. If you aren't used to living in a small town it will be a big adjustment but not something that will make or break your time here.

Brianna

My overall opinion of Campbell University is that it is a very welcoming environment, as well as being a small school. The environment is extremely different from big schools, with allowing smaller class sizes and more professor and student relationships. The students at Campbell University are closer and more connected as well.

Krista

As a pre law student, i LOVE Campbell. For Law students Campbell is ideal, there's no way you're graduating without a guaranteed job. Class sizes are usually around 40-50 students ( for pre law students). The only downfall i would say is the area. If you're coming from a city, Campbell will be a huge change for you. Its like a 12 mile drive to the nearest Walmart and that's really you're only place for shopping.

Anne

I absolutely love Campbell University! I've had several family members also attend Campbell and each of us have had wonderful experiences there! Campbell is religious based and a small, tight- knit community, which were two important things to me when choosing a college!

Lydia

If you're looking for an academically-strong campus with students and faculty who really, truly care about their work and about each other, Campbell is the place to be. While we are a faith-based university, and while many of us are not ashamed to have faiths (as diverse as Christian to Buddhist), we don't believe in forcing our beliefs on anyone—simply on having honest conversations, sharing what we love, and helping everyone find out exactly what they believe. Our community is close-knit and full of fun, and it doesn't take long to feel right at home. [***CAMPUS***] When I first stepped onto campus, I didn't know how much C.U. would mean to me. It was an ordinary tour, so all I remember was loving the friendly, helpful staff and the beautiful campus. There were trees scattered around campus—still green!—which was a miracle, seeing as I came from upstate New York. The buildings looked spacious and elegant, and the library was amazing. Better yet, the campus was small enough to walk everywhere... I've since learned that I can get to any of my classes in around 5 minutes. [***ACADEMICS***] Campbell expects strong academics, and most of the students you meet will be passionate learners with fascinating areas of interest. We're known for our pre-med and law departments, and I also see a lot of business majors on campus, but our other departments are also strong—I love our English and Religion departments, but I'm obviously most loyal to my beloved Fine Arts Department! [***SOCIAL SCENES/EXTRACURRICULARS***] My love for Campbell has grown exponentially since that first tour. I met the best friends I've ever had at Scholarship Day and Orientation—intelligent, interesting people who could hold vivid conversations about their dreams for the future (and, sometimes, that last Marvel movie). Looking back, we're all shocked to realize that we haven't even known each other for a year! By the end of my first semester, I had been personally invited by the advisor to join our newspaper staff (y'all, instagram posts really can matter—I'm one of their photogs now, and will be heading the design team next year), given a leadership role in the arts department, become the PR officer for our leadership club, seen a flamenco concert, learned XHTML, been to Charleston on the most amazing road trip ever, and watched Ant Man from the balcony of our auditorium. We have an awesome Campus Activies Board who plans fun events from life-sized game night to beautiful formals, and there's always a sports game going. If you're into Greek life, we have a Greek scene that is filled with kind, intelligent ladies and gentlemen. One of my favourite things about C.U., however, is how amazing the upperclassmen are. I had upperclassmen reach out to me on Twitter, willing to help me out with anything I needed, and all of the upperclassmen I work with on the newspaper staff are practically like my big sisters. They're always there to help out with every struggle from finding a cheap dress for formal to finding an internship. [***SPORTS***] Lots of us camels are proud of our teams, and proudly go out to support all the games, and many of our players have honours from Big South. However, I'll be totally honest: We're a small school, so our sports scene isn't the best. We win some... we lose some, and our facilities aren't as huge as some schools (although they're awesome enough to host quite a few championships!). [***ARTS SCENE***] As a graphic design/studio art double major, the arts are a huge part of my life. C.U.'s art department is small enough to feel like a family without losing high-quality professors and challenging courses. Our theatre department is filled with skilled individuals who put on around three productions a year, including a play and a musical (and, sometimes, an opera). The music department has extremely skilled vocal majors who you can always hear practising in the halls of our second home—the fine arts building (which I fondly call the FAB), as well as awesome students in other concentrations. Our fine arts department is filled with talented men and women, many of whom I am blessed to call friends, and we get to try everything from ceramics to photography to painting. Every senior fine arts major gets a senior exhibition, and every design major has an internship built into their curriculum—and our professors are awesome about helping you do an independent study project. (I'm on my first in.study, and I'm a second semester freshie!) Many students choose to be graphic design/studio arts double majors, as there are just a few extra credit hours. [***FINANCIALS***] Although the tuition is high, Campbell offers great scholarship opportunities and has multiple federal and departmental work-study opportunities. I work in the fine arts department's design lab, and I have friends who work in the administration department, the writing and tutoring centers, and foodservice. Financial Aid and the Business Office are always helpful and reply promptly to any questions you might have. [***SAFETY***] I've never felt safer on any campus than Campbell's, and I grew up hanging out on a lot of campuses. C.U. is a small community in what's almost the middle of nowhere with a fire department on one side and our security building on the other. The campus is well-lit and there are patrols of security guards. We hold yearly or semesterly Sexual Assault Awareness Weeks to keep everyone safe. Obviously, this is no reason not to be careful—I still walk with a friend most places and keep my eyes and ears open, but this is more for general safety than for the feeling of anything bad happening. We didn't have anything worse than a few fire alarms (hair driers) and one theft near campus all of last year. [***HOUSING/RESIDENCE LIFE***] Campbell has multiple housing options, ranging from the (honestly hotel-like) Pat Barker for freshman girls to the (pretty old-and-we-have-offices-in-their-basement) Baldwin for freshman guys to the (so-posh-why-don't-I-live-there) Bob Barker Apartments. Our freshman halls are staffed with resident assistants on each floor, as well as a resident director and a resident chaplain—the latter isn't like having a mini church service on your floor, but (in my experience) more like having an awesome friend-slash-counsellor who is always game to watch New Girl in the lobby with you. Our residential staff are adorable and so helpful, and we've had some of the most fun programs on the planet! While several of the halls are a walk from campus, there are quite a few that are located smack dab in the middle of campus—mine is right next to the dining hall and five minutes from almost everywhere on campus. [***PROFESSORS***] There isn't enough good that I can say about our professors. My professors are always challenging me to become better, but they are also always willing to listen to my questions and offer advice on assignments. Several of them I am proud to call my mentors and career role models. Of course, we have the obligatory handful of profs whose teaching styles don't work for everybody, but these can be avoided if you ask your friendly neighborhood upperclassmen. ;) Obviously, I could talk about Campbell all day. Coming here was the best decision I ever made, and if you're looking for a small, academically-based school in the sunny South, it might be a great place for you as well!

Sam

Beware if you are a student athlete. Teachers hold student athletes to the same absence policy even though you are competing on behalf of the school. I was an A student and failed the class due to absences related to competition. My absences were little to none. Director of academic services put me in classes that were major related as oppose to core related. In addition, put me in classes that were a direct conflict with practices and competition. Classes did not align with the NCAA requirements. Had to change multiple times.

Campbell is a great school. It is small, but just big enough to feel like a University. The professors are great and always willing to help you. The on campus dining is just alright, but we just got a Moes. It is in the middle of no where, but a great outlet mall is only thirty minutes away. Campbell is a great school, and I would not go anywhere else. Go Camels!

Claybriel

It is a great place to be and there are equal opportunities for everyone

Cindy

Great school! Looking forward to attend and start there this upcoming Fall.

I absolutely LOVE Campbell University. Campbell is a very small campus and that leaves plenty of opportunities to get know other students and professors personally. There are so many clubs and extracurricular activities to get involved in. My favorite things about Campbell are the people and the professors. The workers on campus, especially the custodians, are some of the kindest people I've ever met. The students on campus are always smiling and greeting each other. Campbell University is a great, welcoming community that I am so grateful to be a part of.

Eric

Campbell University was a great school that to attend. It reminds me of a religion school which I call Mount Olympus. It’s building is always kept up and shiny with great beauty. As you drive into the gate your dumb stroke with how clean the campus is. As the kid walk around with a purpose and direction. The teacher is very kind with great knowledge and experiences. As a military student, the teacher is like the demi-gods of Olympus who teaches us with their knowledge. I had the pleasure of having a teacher twice while I was attend the school. It didn’t help that he worked for the military in the same building as me… no. Okay, it did help for when I need assistance he was there to help me out. He had a skill to teach me not to give me the answer but to seek it with hint on how to find it. I didn’t live on the campus but on my own. The surrounding area is rural. Hey, it’s North Carolina what do you expect. The campus is close to a city but not Fort Lauderdale, FL where you can find many things to do outside of the campus. There are a lot of fraternities and sororities on campus. I’m not one to join many of the fraternities because I had a job that precluded me from joining and participate in activist. Yet they did have some cool parties. Nothing to rough or crazy, because this is a religious school, hint Mount Olympus. You must take two religion class. I took the New Testament and World Religion. World religion would be the best course and something that would open my eye’s too when learning about the different religions past and present. Over all the School is the best school I would ever go to.

Breanna

Campbell is a school that makes a person feel like they are at home. It is small so everything is easy to access and it is like a small diverse family. The living arrangements are very nice and cozy. The staff is always available when needed. The safety on campus is amazing because there is always a campus security in sight. The students are always informed on any events and there are many events to do. The food places are good. The students sometimes wish there was more of a variety. There are upcoming buildings for student activities, which we are highly excited for. Overall, I am proud to be a Campbell Camel and be apart of the amazing Campbell family.

Mykala

Campbell University is a great school with a perfect sized campus, all classes are within a 10 minute walk of the dorms and the class sizes are typically around 30-40 students. All professors have office hours and are willing to help you outside of class. There are also free tutoring and writing center services. Campbell also has a wide variety of intramural sports available for all students to play including soccer, table tennis, dodge ball and many more, The campus is a very safe feeling campus and people are very friendly and accepting.

sofia

Its a good school but its very expensive. Of course because it is a private school, but truly it has great people and a good environment overall. You will truly enjoy the visit because everyone is so helpful and always there when you need a hand. Truly a wonderful experience, just be careful with the parties.

Jarett

I thoroughly love my school. I feel like I am getting the best medical education in the state. Everything at CUSOM is top notch from the faculty and staff to the facilities. Everybody is very warm and inviting and I could not imagine myself at another place.

Cassie

As a college freshman I don't have much experience with other colleges unless it was comments my friends made from other schools. What I really like about Campbell is that everyone around you cares and wants to see you succeed. Professors have office hours and some actually come in on the weekends for extra help. Campbell is defiantly a good learning environment, class sizes are small so the teacher to student ratio is greater.

Andreana

I love campbell it feels like home to me. I’m so glad I chose a wonderful school to lean and have friends but most of all be able to call it family and my home. Campbell is a wonderful place to learn life long lessons as you get older and have to learn certain things about life when your away from your family and have to learn how to be an adult. Campbell is a wonderful place

Brandi

What attracted me to Campbell initially was how nearby the University was to my home. Being that I am a transfer student to Campbell, I was impressed with how organized the professors were throughout the semester. I felt prepared for my exams when the time came. As of right now, I take my courses online which makes it harder to prepare myself for tests and weekly assignments. But my professors have always been there when I have questions. There is also a tutor group that is active and highly influenced if needed. I always feel welcome to events on campus, especially football and academic events which I am currently involved. My opinion of Campbell University is that it fits my ideal college experience.

Omar

I started at Campbell University in Fall 2016. As a transfer student coming from a community college, this was my first experience of being a University student. The facilities are really nice and clean. The professors are very knowledgeable and always offer to help even after hours. Your score is a reflection of the efforts you put in. There is quite a bit of diversity and most people are approachable. I would recommend to anybody pursuing a Healthcare or Law degrees.

Kelsey

I think Campbell University is a great school. I am so pleased to have picked this place to be my home! I always feel so safe going from place to place especially at night. Definitely one of the best campuses I've ever been on. Everything is extremely put together and they are always adding more.

London

Campbell is a school built on a firm foundation, seeking to serve and to lead, wherever the road may take us. Campbell has been a place where faith and learning excel. Students can choose from over 150+ tracks and concentrations. Life-changing experience.

There might not be that much to do outside of The Creek, but who cares. Campbell provides so many extracurricular activities and there's plenty of nearby restaurants, you're practically covered. What more can you need? The professors care about their students and want them to succeed, unlike some of the snobby instructors that could be found at some of the bigger public schools. Campbell has upstanding core values and doesn't blow hot air into students' heads like a lot of mainstream government-funded schools. Private is the way to go!

Layne

I love Campbell University! I have visited several campuses and have fallen in love with Campbell University. Their learning opportunities, small class sizes, dedication to students, community involvement, and the general atmosphere on campus was such an inspiration. Campbell University can help cultivate my plans of pursuing a career in the medical field and they can offer the support I will need to gain the confidence necessary to be a successful and independent young woman. I am confident I will thrive at Campbell University!

Kiara

Campbell university is an amazing school even though I wont be living there until fall 2017. I enjoy the environment that is Campbell University, just walking around the campus before deciding what university I would be attending I felt beyond welcome like I was already a student there! Their is just a good feeling when walking around the campus, and its like the perfect size not too large and not small either. I'm so excited to call myself a Campbell Camel!

Riana

In my opinion I love Campbell University ! Its all about what you make it. If Campbell would bring more things that would help others learn about different culture then I think it would bring the school together as one. Campbell has several events I believe that if we had thing other cultures Greek Life it would bring more people to the school. Like possible bring the chapter AKA to Campbell and also one for gentleman on Campus.

Ethan

Great Campus!

anna

I am enjoying my time here.

Clement

Campbell University is a very nice school. I have liked nearly every professor I have had so far. Most professors are willing and eager to work with you. There are many great people, and I have made many friends. The campus is also very beautiful. However, the steep price of tuition often causes to feel burden by the amount of student debt I will have after graduation.

Anna

Campbell University is a place where you can learn in a very personalized manner. The teachers are willing to work with you and support you. They want you to be successful. The students are welcoming and genuinely nice people. You can find people here who will accept you and help you grow in faith.

Mya

Campbell is one of the most prestigious, home friendly colleges i have ever visited in my entire life. I believe my education will actually become valuable at Campbell and i will have so much knowledge to learn and have. I plan to go to Campbell in the fall semester. I think that Campbell University will change my life. I believe I will find out the true meaning of meaning a Camel. Plus a personally note, i also want to go to Campbell for my grandfather who passed away a few years ago. He was a cook at Campbell and he always told me how much he loved it there and how much they cared for him and I always wanted to do something to make him proud!

Campbell University is a beautiful campus and the faculty have a remarkable goal. Each faculty member are there to assist in the education of each student and it is important to them that each student succeed and become accomplished in their lifetime.

Caitlynn

Campbell University has a very friendly environment. There seems to always be people who are there to help if need be. I like the campus a lot and the class sizes are small so it is easy to get in contact with the professors if that is needed. It all in all is a nice school.

Rebecca

It is a unique school. I felt at home the moment I stepped foot on campus. It is a cozy campus with the perfect class sizes that make (particularly in my major) the experience personal. The professors actually get to know your name, compared to a big school. Everyone is very friendly and I feel comfortable talking to almost anyone. However, there isn't much diversity which is disappointing because I find a sense of self in community. Overall I really like the school and I am proud to be a Camel.

My mother is a teacher for Harnett

It is a very involved school, there are many extracurricular activities and outside of school functions. There are also many clubs and associations you can join. The people on campus are very helpful and friendly. Questions are always welcome, and learning here is made fun!

April

In truth I take the online course, and not the campus courses. I do not get much experience with the campus. What I have got experience with has come across very active and inspiring to do better as a person and a student. The staff comes across as professional, and quality. Always on top of issues when I do need to contact the school directly.

Grace

Campbell University is great school for individuals who want a more personal relationship with the faculty and staff. The classroom size is perfect for those who do not like lectures holding 100+ students. The campus is safe with campus security driving around campus 24/7. Everyone at Campbell University are genuinely there to support and aid you in your college experience. The only flaw is that there are not many places to go/hang out on the weekends, due to being in a rural location.

Ashton

I am in love with Campbell University. Our staff, students, and even the atmosphere is amazing. My professors are accessible, supportive, and intelligent. They are also understanding. They never give us more than we are capable of handling. The school is always kept clean, which makes it feel like home and beautiful. Even the facilities staff is always greeting us and helping us with anything needed. I feel right at home and supported.

Bradyn

Campbell is an amazing school. I plan to attend in the fall of next year. I believe it is an overall impressive school. I have recieved a presidential scholarship and I am very excited for my upcoming attendance. There is also a great sports program.

Tyler

Campbell University is not a just a college it’s a community; a community of professional students and professors with one goal in mind, change the world for the better. All significant information to do so is proudly shared among the staff and students. Campbell University strives to motivate students to graduate on time so that they can make a lasting impact on the world. If this does not show why students from all over the world chooses Campbell, then I don’t know what will. Campbell University will welcome you with open arms and provide all of the resources required to succeed.

Campbell is a quiet University focused on Jesus and academics. For most people it gives them the big college experience in the safest way possible. Every person here is nice and the professors make an effort to teach classes. There is little to do on or around Campus.

I really love Campbell University. I first came here to tour over the summer between my junior and senior year of high school and was immediately impressed with how welcoming the campus was. Initially, I was a little nervous as every freshman is, but I have been finding more things to love about this campus each and every day. I can honestly say that I can walk from the library or a friend's dorm late at night and not fear what might be lurking in the dark. The campus feels very safe and every student is given the number for campus safety if we were to feel unsafe for some reason. There is also a blue light system on campus. This system consists of multiple emergency buttons across campus that someone can push if they feel in danger in any way. I also love the professors here. Many of my professors, even as a first year student, have doctorates. This is surprising to me because many of my friends attending other colleges have professors who are fresh out of college themselves. This shocks me because some of these people are paying a lot of money for a school that is essentially providing them with a lesser education. Not that Campbell is cheap, because it is not, but they offer enough scholarships through donations made to the school that the tuition is payable. Overall, I love it here!

Alexus

Overall, I have loved my time at Campbell and I look forward to the time I have left. The Campus, professors, and other students are amazing and I have made so many friendships that will last a lifetime. I know without a doubt, the skills that I am learning will prepare me for the professional atmosphere after graduation. The atmosphere around campus is not that of your stereotypical college campus. The best way to describe it is a very good atmosphere for learning and preparing students for a future past college.

Dalin

This university embraces the culture of the area. The students here care much about their academics but doesn't forget the young life they live, and partake in whatever they choose. The professors are extremely helpful. This school truly prepares you for the real world and helps you find jobs for your majors and encourages to pursue your dreams.

Logan

I think its a fantastic school that will provide great learning opportunities for many students. They have a great campus and the teachers + students are willing to help out if it is needed. People often contribute and show great teamwork skills towards others.

Carlton

Good experience. Gave me a safe place for me to express my conservative views without much challenge from others. Spent most of my time wishing I went to Duke, but you can still be a fan at Campbell.

Jordan

I absolutely Campbell University. I graduated from a private school, which has a lot less students in the classroom than public school. Campbell’s classrooms are an excellent size for me; and they help me feel more comfortable. The students are driven and passionate about their education; the dorms are exceptionally sanitary; and the extracurricular activities help build character development.