Gardner-Webb University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Gardner-Webb University

Olivia

Gardner-Webb is a private university that is small but not to small to find on a map. There are very few student activities on campus for students. Most students live close to campus so they go home on the weekends. The food in the cafe is really a hit and miss. There are a few places on campus to eat but there is no place open 24-hours. The student tucker center has good food and has more flexible hours. Housing needs to be updated because some rooms have mold in them while others have cracks in the walls. Carpets in the dorms have multiple unknown stains and Gardner-Webb cleaning staff does not always consider stains to be improatant. Other than the living conditions and food the classes are good. When it comes to taking classes on campus students are required to take two religion classes. These are an Old Testament and New Testament. Some of the professors in the religious departments say they are challenging you but when in the classroom it feels like they are shoving their beliefs at you. Other classes for your major are great because they do not feel a wase of time. There are student lead worship services held on Tuesdays which is fun to attend. Campus police are very nice and always roaming campus making everyone feel safe. Campus police offer rides on the golf carts to students which is great. Overall campus is nice to live at but for how much they charge it is not worth it in the long run.

Destiny

Gardner-Webb University is a school that is very loving and helpful. They care about all that involved or just visiting. They make everyone feel that they are home away from home. Yes there may not be any greek life but they make up for it in other ways. But overall Gardner-Webb is a great place to be whether for getting your education or just for a visit such as game day.

Gardner-Webb is a place to find lifelong friends, grow in your faith, serve in the community, and prepare you for the greater plan that God has for you. Our 13:1 professor to student ratio allows you to really know your professors and learn at the pace that you need. Dimensions and student led worship services allow you to not only grow in your personal faith but to lead others in their faith as well. The small town atmosphere makes all students feel safe and at home. Gardner-Webb really is one, big happy family.

Gardner-Webb is a great University. It is fairly small which creates a great class size but everyone goes home on the weekends. There are usually activities for students to partake in but not a lot of students do which makes it hard to get involved sometimes. What I do love about Gardner-Webb is that there are tons of resources for students to receive academic help and succeed. Overall Gardner-Webb is a great University.

Savannah

Overall, Gardner-Webb is a great school. The staff and professors are extremely nice. They sincerely care about how you are growing as a person, while earning an education. Here at Gardner- Webb you are not just another number. You are someone who matters. The food is not the best, but nothing will ever compare to a home cooked meal. It is a growing school that improves every year.

Gardner-Webb is such a great school. I knew the moment I stepped on campus that it was where I wanted to spend the next four years of my life. I’m going into my sophomore year and absolutely nothing has changed my mind, the only downfall is that it is expensive. I still love the school and don’t want to leave.

I love GWU. The professors are always there for us and the class sizes are small. There is such a great community here and I love it so much. Even the people that work in the cafeteria and other places are nice and care about us. It is nice to be able to get everywhere on campus quickly.

Cameron

I very much like Gardner Webb. There are definitely some places in which it could improve, but it's like a home to me now. The is a very christian atmosphere throughout campus and it honestly leads to a pleasant time, even for people who aren't christian such as me.

Darby

I have only been at Gardner-Webb University for about three weeks, but I love everything I have experienced so far. There are opportunities for a variety of interests. I enjoy participating in religious activities such as worship service and devotional study. While Gardner-Webb may be a Christian university, there are many other activities to participate in if you are not a religious individual.

Lashona

Gardner Webb University is very important to me. For me, I have the opporunity to strive for excellence more important I get to make a difference into my community. God has blessed me with a Christian based school to prosper on many levels. Thank you!

Abigail

Gardner-Webb has been one of the best things that has ever happened to me. I have grown academically and socially in just a few months. The people at Gardner-Webb want to be a part of your life and they want the best for you, no matter what that path leads to. I have also grown in leaps and bounds in my faith; Gardner-Webb emphasizes the importance of faith in every class and every extracurricular activity. The campus is fairly small, but it is also one of the most beautiful places in the area. The classes are also small; one of mine this semester only has 8 student in it and the biggest one this semester has thirty. Gardner-Webb is overall a wonderful place to learn and enjoy college.

Joshua

Overall tight community atmosphere with good academics. Don’t go here if you’re loolking for parties or a huge night scene. On campus housing can be nice if you upgrade but comes at a steep price. In addition, there isn’t much available in there area of off campus housing.

Aaron

It is my dream school, once I went on the campus I fell in love. There is always something to, and plenty of ways to contact your friends and make new relationships. The professors are very kind and will work very hard to make sure we are not in need of anything.

Jasmine

Gardner-Webb university is a great small school for students that want a one-on-one relationship with their professors. It is also a fantastic place to gain life-long friendships with your colleges. This is not a party school, but we do have our fun with other activities such as, sports, movies and other entertainment, dances, mission trips, and outdoor activities.

Heitor

Gardner-Webb University is a Baptist-founded University where Christian values are highly respected and imparted to the students during the program. The faculty is equipped with professionals highly educated with moral values that will help students to grow both academically and morally. The university is located in a peaceful and cozy rural area, a perfect environment for the students to learn. The Gardner-Webb campus provides dorms for its students and a variety of dining facilities, including a Chicken fil-A.

Aaliyah

Gardner-Webb is a good school in my opinion. The university itself is small, probably a little bigger than a large high school, so be prepared to know a lot of people; you constantly find yourself seeing the same people every day, which may get boring, but it only bonds the students even more. The campus life is preferred. There are a lot of activities and places to hang out with friends when you are housed on campus. The atmosphere is also very nice! The staff members and the students are all very welcoming and you don't find many rude students on campus. It is sort of placed in a small town so it's not for students who want the "city-life" and a bunch of stuff to do; you have to drive a bit (15-20 minutes) to get anywhere. Also, there are a lot of students who don't drive due to the campus being small. It takes about a 5 - 8 minute walk to get to class. You will also find the weather to be of variety (Snowy, rainy, sunny, windy, cold, warm) so bring all types of clothing. The athletics are of close nature; we all know and encourage each other on and off the field so it's generally a good fit for determined athletes. Overall, the school is a great place to be; of course, people have their preferrences.

Kelsi

My opinion of Gardner-Webb University is that the classes are small enough for the professors to know each individual students name. The professors listen and will help in anyway they can. They will let you cry on their shoulder. Every student matters at Gardner- Webb University. There slogan is name over number.

Chloe

I love it enough to attend next year and be apart of their honors program. It also is beautiful, peaceful, and I feel like it provides me the opertunity to be sussessful in the adult world. Of course I have only visted this place but I’ve visted five times and each time it feels more like home.

Madison

I think Gardner-Webb is a great place for people who are eager to get an education and learn more about themselves along the way. It is a great place to grow your faith as well as meet great people. The class sizes are great and the professors are always there to help.

While, I enjoyed my four years at Gardner-Webb, I would not recommend it because of the huge headache that it was to me and my family. Every month that tuition payment was due, they sent me late letters and argued that I had not paid, every time. I had so many complications that myself and the business office personnel were on first name bases. The academic programs I were involved in, were great, the professors were very accessible, no complaints there. I lived off campus so i was not able to participate in student life as much as my classmates which was unfortunate but at the time and due to cost of living on campus, I was unable to live on campus.

Alexis

Gardner-Webb University is one of the best colleges I have ever been too. I have been to my local community college, and this university. I liked my community college, but I am absolutely in love with Gardner-Webb University. This college has helped me come out of my shell, make new friends, and truly get the college experience.

Desiree

I loved Gardner Webb! The students and faculty were very nice and I loved how it was such a small campus and you had everything you need close by. I like the housing and the main building where you can chill and do your homework but socialize. I loved learning about the activities outside of the school and how they were a christian based school and they have a church on campus. I also found out that their crime rate is at a zero! Very very important to me and my family. I felt really valued and cared for when I went there to visit, I hope to attend there in the fall of 2020.

Austin

Gardner-Webb is a good school that simply needs to find more of an identity and find a way to make money to update some very outdated facilities. This may be due to the "old money" factor of the school, but I think it is possible for Gardner-Webb to excel even in the current climate.