Jacksonville, IL
Illinois College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Illinois College

Illinois College is student-centered and focuses on the importance of every student giving back to their community.

College is a time to recreate yourself. You are with the same people from the time you start kindergarten all the way through high school, take college as the opportunity to go somewhere new, to meet new people and to figure out what difference you want to make in the world. It is intimidating at first to be in a place where you don't know a soul, but start with your roommate, get to know her and then start joining various activities around school. Illinois College is small, get to know as many people as possible and don't be constrained by the thought that they don't know you--how are they ever going to know you if you don't go out there to meet them? There are a lot of good people in this world that you will miss if you aren't open to meeting them. So be friendly, be social, and have fun.

There wasn't much surrounding Illinois College. It was a small town in central Illinois and I grew up in the suburbs of Chicago. There weren't as many off-campus activities that there would be on a campus in the city.

Liberal Arts Education is anapproach to learning that empowers individuals and prepares them to deal with complexity and diversity. It provides students with knowledge of the wider world and allows them to be well rounded individuals. Students not only get an in-depth study in a specific area of interest but they also receive knowledge in science, culture, and society. A liberal education helps students develop a sense of social responsibility, as well as strong and transferable intellectual and practical skills such as communication, analytical and problem-solving skills, and a demonstrated ability to apply knowledge in real-world settings.

For me, this school was one of the only school that was deicated tto fit my personal needs and expectations, Being a Liberal Arts school they take in to account the ever changin, fast paced world and look from all percpectives. You also will find teachers that will go out of their way to better your education. I feel sometimes we forget that professors themselves have a family and social lifes and the amount of hours they put in for us here is just remarkable. You don't find that a larger school.

To be honest, I wouldnt change a thing. The oppurtunities and memories that I have made have helped me become a stronger, more deicated, and inspired student. Without diversity and challanges how would you learn and grow? I love my school and all that it has given to me. I am proud to say I attend Illinois Collge.

Jordan

Stay focused. You know what you want to do. Don't let anyone slow you down or get in your way. Keep your eyes on your goals but don't forget to have fun. Get out and get involved as soon as you can. You'll love it. Meet everyone you can, you never know who could turn out to be a life-long friend.

The at home feeling you can have on campus through it being such a tightly knit campus community.

A student who is committed to excelling in their academic career with the close help of professors and peers. Also, those who would enjoy getting involved in different groups and who aren't afraid to step out of their comfort zone.

adeleye

My classmates are one of a kind. As an international student, I was able to fit in perfectly and interact with people from other parts of the world and not feel left out.

Make that extra effort. Those classes you skipped were not worth it. Imagine how many all nighters you would have avoided if you were present in that Math or chemistry class?

I wish I had known that the area did not have any reliable means of public transport

Marc

Illinois College is a great step to opening a bright future for students.

Illinois College is a great step to opening a bright future for students.

Knowing what I know now about college life and making the transition, the first piece of advice to myself would be to become better prepared for your future. Expose yourself to information, and have a better understanding of what it takes to be a successful individual, as well as a student. Secondly, I would tell myself to never give up when facing adversity. Also, give your maximum effort in everything that you do and you will see success. Lastly, I would tell myself to relax. Don't become stressed over the unknown, but, if fact embrace it. This is what makes life exciting, embrace the change.

Any person who isn't commited to academic excellence should not attend this school. Illinois College is a challenging college and expects the maximum preformance from students. The college is liberal arts, so, if you are a student looking for a major intensive education, it would be in your best interest to look elsewhere.

matthew

Illinois College is a small liberal arts College located in Jacksonville Illinois-- It is only 65 acres.

If I could go back in time to my Senior year in high school, I would tell my senior self to stop being a perfectionist. Throughout my high school years, I was a massive perfectionist. I always aimed for getting A's on everything or getting the top time in Track and Field. My bar was so high for myself that everytime I would fall short, I continuously punished myself. Being a perfectionist was robbing me of my peace and self esteem. Even at the beginning of college, my perfectionism was still kicking my butt. I felt like I had to get a 4.0 G.P.A. It even got so terrible that when my friends were joking around with me on my flaws (like my running form), I felt I was worthless because I was not perfect. I decided one day that I was done being a perfectionist, so I seeked help from the college counselor. He gave me some tactics about dealing with perfectionism, and I even went as far as reading about it myself. Soon, I was able to relax more and cope with making mistakes because I learned that nobody is perfect.

I wish I would have known about the food before I came here.

Illinois College has provided me an amazing learning experience by the one on one attention I get from the faculty and coache...

Illinois College has provided me an amazing learning experience by the one on one attention I get from the faculty and coaches.

If I could go back in time, I would tell myself to work harder for better grades. I could make the grades, but didn't push myself to go above and beyond. I would have spent more time studying rather than just getting by, because now I see the financial burden I have put on my parents for getting those average grades and not the grades that I was very capable of receiving had I just applied myself. I would also have been more outgoing, although I played sports, I would have joined more clubs to get better awareness of just what a difference I could make in my life and someone else's. Illinois College pushes for community involvement and now looking back I wish I would have done more of that. My little brother is autistic, I should have done something in our community to bring awarenss to this disability as so many people don't understand why he acts like he does sometimes. He has been a blessing in my life and I just wish I would have shared that more with my friends.

The person that shouldn't attend Illinois College is one that doesn't like one on one help. A person that wants to be a loner and not have the support of their friends, teachers and coaches.

Holly

They are willing to work hard to succeed in the classroom.

They are willing to work hard to succeed in the classroom.

I would tell myself to never lose that confidence I had in myself and my abilities that I had as a senior. I knew what I wanted in high school and I always worked to get it. I wish I would have kept that attitude because my freshman year, I slacked a little on my grades. It wasn't anything dramatic just not as good as I was used to getting. I know now that as long as you put in the effort and time you will get the results you want. I would also tell my younger self that it is okay to be an individual and stick out. I came into college wanting to fit in, but eventually found that being an individual is a lot more fun. People seem to follow your lead when you decide to be yourself and they realize how happy you are. They last thing I would tell myself, is that you only go to college once and then it's reality. Work hard on your school work, but don't forget to experience everything you can while you are there.

I wish i would have known how expensive it would be on my parents. Then, maybe I would have been able to earn more scholarships to help them pay for it.

My transition into college went surprisingly better than I expected. I was nervous going to school three hours away from home because I am super close to my family, especially my twin sister. We decided to go to different schools, which I think helped us both in many ways. I was paired with a really awesome roommate. We became best friends with in the first few weeks of school. Now that I am a senoir in college, honestly, I don't think there is anything I could have told myself that would have made the transition into college any better. I was just really lucky. I was from a small town and high school, so going to Illinois College was a good fit for me. Everyone on campus is extremely nice and the professor are really helpful. The only thing that I can think of that I wished I would have done as a freshman was actually take the time to get help from my professors. All of my professors have been extremely nice and I wished I would have taken advantage of going to get help from them more often.

People should attend Illinois College if they want to go to a small school. Since it is such a small school, the professor really take the time to get to know there students, which is something I love about the school.

Illinois College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.