Jacksonville, IL
Illinois College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Illinois College

Annamarie

An amazing liberal arts school that will guide you in the direction and help you succeed in your future goals!

I would tell myself that there is a lot more freedom going to be coming your way, so make sure that you use your time wisely and get involved in things right away! Academics are most definately your number one focus but you do need to have a social life as well, so have some fun every once in a while. No matter how difficult classes or how homesick you may get... never, never give up! You can do anything you really want to do!

I feel like IC is a place where most people can find there niche. I do believe though that if you are the kind of person who wants a large school and want s to get lost in a crowd, this school is definately not for you. Our school has 900-1000 students and we (faculty and staff included) are all a close knit community.

EvaAnne

There is not much diversity in the American students on campus, but there are many international students who make IC diverse and interesting.

When I was a high school senior, I really didn't know what I wanted to do, but I was sure I was going to go to college. I would tell myself to explore more career choices and figure out what I would do. I did not prepare as I should have for my college studies. In addition, I would also tell myself to be more independent my first year of college. Even though I lived 4 hours away, I went home a lot, when I should have spent more time with my new friends and doing homework on campus. I missed out on a lot of important social life on the weekends. I would have also told myself to befriend more of the international students, as they have much more interesting lives than some other students at school! I'm now a senior, and I wish I had more time with my friends and more time to figure out my future! I could have started my search much earlier.

Those who don't want a small town school or a quiet city life.

Meagan

In high school it always seemed that everyone knew who was in what grade. As I have been in college though I have noticed that class doesn't matter. Your classmates are in every grade and are even more fit for you than in high school. In each classroom, new faces are met and they lead to a multitude of classmate friends that vary from nerdy to partiers. It is awesome to have such a variety of classmates.

Being in high school again; what a rush that would be. First of all I would suggest to myself that I should enjoy it ten times more because it goes by so quickly and is way easier than what I'm about to get myself into. On a more serious note I would definitely make sure I stuck to my gut feelings. So many things can be compromised when you're placed in a new and less comfortable environment. From learning and opening your mind it is sometimes more likely to question everything you were once so sure of. After being a senior in high school you think you are big stuff and unbreakable. But its not reality! Stay level headed and not unruley; it will definitely be worth it in the long run because it will cause a lot less suffering once you finally realize you can be brought down to the ground. Hard. Keep your head up because you never know where these things will lead you. Trust me, you won't even imagine how much you will grow up and how much you will learn about your self and the rest of the world.

A small school is just what I wanted to attend, and I enjoy it very much. Remember that there are less people and less faculty members though. Therefore, classes are offered less often in some cicumstances and there may be a smaller variety of them. Professors are definitely able to work with students individually though to make things work. For example, I had an independent study class last semester because that class wasn't going to fit in my schedule during the four years I would be attending.

Kathryn

They are very open minded.

They are very open minded.

I would tell myself to save up as much money as I could because college is far from being cheap. Getting a part time job will help some but it still makes it difficult to scrap and claw to find enough money just to pay next semester's bill. Aside from the difficult financial situation, college does have it's upsides. The professors are mostly friendly and willing to help; just take the time to ask them. The students are mostly open-minded and try for the most part to respect each other's views. Don't be affraid to dig right in and get involved because sometimes you'll learn things about yourself and other people that you wouldn't know otherwise. College is sometimes a difficult situation, but no matter what, don't give up. There's always a way to work around a problem; you just have to be willing to put in the time and effort in order to find it.

Jeremy

Be open to trying new things. College is te time when you truly find yourself

Be open to trying new things. College is te time when you truly find yourself

Illinois College gives you the oppurtunity to explore all fields of interest.

Illinois College gives you the oppurtunity to explore all fields of interest.

Illinois College is known for its historic value.

I would tell myself to pick a school where I can make connections with others and learn many differant values. I would tell myself to look at many differant schools so I would know if IC was right for me. I would also tell myself that time flys by and its okay to also have fun at school while still do academically well.

Amber

My school is a diverse, well-known, entergetic little comunity where everyone knows everyone and all the members of our comunity get along extremely well.

If I could go back in time I would tell myself to take classes because I want to take them, not because someone told me it would be a fun class. I would tell myself to live in the same residential hall because thats where I would meet the best friends in the world and they will be helping me the whole way through college. I would also say that getting involved in literary sicieties and intermural sports helps you meet new people and feel more comfortable in classes with such small numbers. The last thing I would tell myself is that the reading that is assigned is something that should be read in order to understand the lecture the next period.

The thing i brag about most when telling my friends about this school is how my professors are more than willing to help me if I need to be helped in a class. They will set up an appointment with me and will go over what ever it is that i need help pon step by step.

Joseph

A small, enthusiastic, well educated, all around school, that you get your money's worth.

Never regret your decisions, and live life to the fullest, you'll never know what will happen.

Courtney

If I were to go back and talk to myself as a high school senior I would have a lot to say. To begin with, I would tell myself to enjoy senior year to the fullest, and to spend as much time with friends and family as possible. I would tell myself that life after high school gets pretty busy, and that it flies by so enjoying and learning from every moment is essential. I would also tell myself to stop worrying, that I know that I can accomplish anything when I set my mind to it, and that going to college is the best decision that I could have ever made. I would also explain to myself that college is full of wonders. College is a time to explore new options and to really be myself, so it's important to always show my true colors. I would also give the advice that I shouldn't act shy when meeting the new people at college, because these people will become very good friends. I would finally say to continue in my behavior, beliefs, and personality because I'm very happy with the person that I have become.

I believe the best thing about this school is the size. The size creates an environment that allows students to be close to professor and to get the best education that is possible.

I believe the worst thing about this school is the workload. Doing well in my education is very important to me, and sometimes I have no time to relax because I'm working so hard on getting everything accomplished. Sometimes it gets very stressful, but I believe it is all worth it!

Shanna

My classmates are very friendly and are easy to talk with, they are willing to help you with any problem or any question you might have, they are the friendliest people I have ever met.

I believe that the best advice I could give myself is to work hard and set a goal for college. Coming into college, I did not know what to expect, but it was not a hard transition. The faculty and staff are very friendly and are willing to help with any problems. With that in mind, one of the best pieces of advice I could give to myself is to get to know my professors over the summer. There were many opportunities to have conversations with my future professors, but I was nervous to start a dialogue. I believe if I would have gotten to know them better, it would have made the transition easier. Having professors around campus that you can go and talk with about any question or problem, even when it is not about a certain class, is important. Being away from home can be a hard transition, but with the help of the professor I had befriended, the transition was made that much easier. The best advice I received after coming to college was, ?Mine your professors, they are your greatest allies when it comes to knowledge, and your greatest friends when it comes to conversation.?

I believe that there is not a bad thing about my school. There are minor problems, but it is subject to every individual. Everyone has their own views on food and location, but in my perspective, Illinois College does not have a trait that sticks out as the worst trait, or even a negative trait about the school.

Illinois College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.