Murray, KY
Murray State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Murray State University

Spenser

Murray State University is close to home, and my family has a history there. The Art Department, among others, has been particularly valuable in terms of the quality of teaching and availability of advising in terms of academic performance and preparation for professional career choices.

Students with open minds and the willingness to fullfill personal goals based on what they learn in class should attend Murray State University. The faculty offer a variety of instruction, lessons, opinions, and advice to help students best understand the assignments and projects given.

If I were to travel back in time and advise myself based on what I know about the "college life" in this present, I'm not sure where I would begin. I may warn myself about the potential to struggle with finances, or the challenge of resolving assignments and projects with confidence and determination. I may also mention the fact that some people will be difficult to understand or relate to along the way, or that it is crucial to see each goal I set to the very end. But, after much consideration and effort not to vacillate on my experiences in college, I suppose I could say that it is still every bit an individual decision. The responsibility is one's own to tame and train on whatever ambition one sees fit. I would not hesitate to make myself understand this, and how it would inevitably involve this burden of choice. Regardless of what path I aspire to walk at any part of my life, the opportunities presented to me at Murray State University are expansive and invaluable to my hopeful career, and I would be foolish not to take that chance. This is what I might tell myself.

Make sure that you try your absolute hardest, go to every class, do all of the assignments, and study for all the test! At the same time make sure you have fun, go to the football and basketball games, go to the parties and the bon fires! Try your hardest, stick your neck out make a ton of new friends, be silly, and act crazy!! Most importantly do good with your grades, that is most important!!

Try hard in all your classes, don't slack and always come to class!! Don't fall behind and always do your assignements, and study for all your tests!

A lot of the work seems like busy work even though it will help me in the long run.

Eryn

My classmates are easy to get along with, understanding, and extremely unique people who have a large heart and will always help out their peers.

I wish that I had known how to handle outside stress while attending school, i.e. relationships, deaths in the family, ect.

College life is scary. Your first year really sets the tone for the rest of your college career. Join as many clubs and organizations as you can! You have to remember that employers look at your freshman year too! Study hard. Make good grades. I know you are just starting college and the "real world" seems too far to imagine, but trust me. The time WILL fly. Attend the football games. Cheer for the basketball team. A little bit of kindness can go a long way. Do not be afraid to ask for help. If you are struggling in a class, your teacher WILL help you as long as you ask for it. They didn't become a teacher to confuse you. They want you to learn just as much as you do. Preparation for for the rest of your life starts now. I know that is a scary thought. But honestly, when it comes down to crunch time you won't be stressed if you have your plans in place. You're about to go through a lot of life changes the next four years. Make the most of it. This is YOUR future and no one else's.

Alexis

My Classmates at murray state arent classmates they are family,thats how amazing Murray State University is!

I would give myself the advice of just have fun and enjoy it, but remeber that what you do in these four years are the building blocks that set you up for your future and that it is more than important to focus and achieve and get active in anything and everything you can. Because more truly is better!

The friendly atmosphere, that makes you feel as if you have never left home and that no matter what you will always have someone there for you, even if you dont know the person in any way.

I would tell myself that college will go by much faster then you could ever imagine. Stay in touch with your pals from high school, but don't be afraid to grow close to new ones. Always say yes to going out to lunch with friends, but don't forget to venture away from campus either. There is a big world out there and the next four years is your chance to explore it. It's easier to see the world now, then in 20 years when you've got a house, a job, and a family.

Someone who wants to be a small fish in a big pond. Murray is a medium sized college, with smaller class sizes.

The summer is rather dead, so if your taking summer classes things can be a little boring.

kascey

They are no certain "types" of people who shouldn't be allowed at this school. Everyone is somewhere kind, welcoming, and open. That is what attracts people to this tiny university because it feels like home.

I would advise myself to not be afraid nor nervous about what aheads. Life is something I should look forward and be excited about.

alayna

Transitioning from high school to college is an experience unlike any other. The emotional mix of excitement and nerves can leave a person feeling overwhelmed. However, whether going away from home or attending a local college or university, the possibilities your future holds are endless. College is all about experiencing new things, stepping outside of your comfort zone, and striving for the best. When the anxiety from change brews in your stomach, remember; every incoming freshman is in the same situation: new surroundings, new people, new opportunities. So go out and try things you otherwise wouldn’t, take chances, and strive to be your best. Don’t worry about how you look or what others will think of you, any thoughts of negativity will keep you from pursuing your dreams. Talk to everyone that crosses your path because just like you, everybody’s looking for new friendships and experiences. Most importantly be yourself and strive for want you want like never before. Lastly, always remember why you are attending college—for the education, so make it count!

People are the best thing about Murray State. Everybody, including the teachers, students, staff, and locals are all willing to help and listen. You will find a friend in almost anyone!

A person wanting a medium-size school with helpful professors and a strong Greek and non-Greek community is someone who would fit best at this school.

I would tell myself to apply for more scholarships. I would also tell me to pay more attention to school work and be more focused on it and not just your personal life only. Studying is something i would go back and tell myself to do more of. Don't make someone else your priority, but to focus on your future so that i could establish a career and do good at that!

Victoria

Murray is one of the best voted schools in the country (in the top 10). Also it resides in what is known as the friendlyest town in Kentucky.

Going to a junior college helps alot. It helps get yourself more ready for a university because they are alot to take in at once. Do not push off scholarships they help alot when you get them. Also do not push off classes till you absoultly have to do them you will end up doing worse and not enjoying life. You are not the only one going through the tranistion, so if you have a friend going through it also talk to them and they can help you feel better if you get scared. You can do anything if you put your mind to it.

For the campus being a very friendly and well rounded area the people occuping it should be the same. MSU is a college that helps every way they could and if people who do not like helping others should look at other options. Murray State has some serious course offered and people who are serious about their future this would be a good place to start. Like I have chosen.

Krestell

My school is best known for their understanding, hardworking perfessiors and their great courses.

The most frustrating thing for me about Murray would have to be how mygate is set up. Mygate is not a very user friendly program and does always update when it needs to.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself when I was a high school senior I would tell myself that you need to get more focused on getting scholarships instead of wasting time. Also tell myself that college is gonna be a hard journey, not a breeze like everyone says it is.

Murray State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.