Murray, KY
Murray State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Murray State University

Arielle

Murray State University is a great school that can help anyone achieve their dreams.

During my few months here attending Murray, I've learned so much. I have gained knowledge from all of my classes. I've learned how to manage my time and study when necessary. I've learned how to be more social and communicate with my classmates. I now know what it's like to be on my own, take care of myself and clean up after myself. To me, it's been valuable to attend college to help me get myself where I want to be in life. Unlike other colleges, Murray offers classes that jump you right into what your future will hold. Being a Pre-Vet Major, I've gotten hands-on experience with all animals in the field from kittens to horses. I know this experience will help me out greatly in my future. College isn't easy, it requires a lot of studying. But I know it will be well worth it later on.

Anyone. Murray State University has numerous amounts of majors as well as minors for anyone to choose from. The university also has a very well-known foreign exchange student program. Anyone wanting to further their education can and should attend Murray State University.

Lynn

The most unique aspect about my school is even though Murray State is a "state school" one feels as if they are receiving a private school education due to quality of the education. The classes and town the school is located in are relatively small and the professors have a very good connection with their students. There is a "small town" and closeness with the locals and the students. There is definitely a feeling of community and unity at Murray State; what I would consider a brother/sisterhood. There definitely is a all for one, one for all mentality.

I consider my most recent college experience as a second chance in life. I completed an associates degree many years ago and began working on a bachelor's degree, but basically "life happened". My previous profession was connected to real estate and mortgages and needless to say, I was laid off a couple of years ago. Going back to school has provided me with a new hope and to fulfill some long awaited dreams. Dreams I thought were long gone and would never be attainable. I think that a college education is invaluable, especially in the current economy. I think it teaches a person to overcome fear; fear of the unknown and fear of rejection. I am a true believer that knowledge is power and without knowledge, people become stagnant and stop dreaming their dreams. No matter who someone is, young or old, we all have dreams. This second chance I have been granted has given me a renewed hope in life, almost a rebirth, and has given me a chance to once dream again and accomplish goals I had long given up on.

I would consider tradition as the best thing about Murray State. Like myself, many of the students attending Murray State, both traditional and non-traditional, have other "ties" to the university. Most people have had multiple family members attend Murray State, so everyone is treated like family. At homecoming in the fall, many alumni return to the campus. There are cookouts, banquets and parties. Before the football game, there is a space located inside the stadium where current students and alumni meet and enjoy old memories and take part in making new memories. We are family!

Shelby

Following the trend of schools such as Yale, Murray State University is one of the few public schools to use the residential college system. Instead of "dorms", Murray has "residential colleges" where their students reside. With this system, it provides almost like a college within a college. Each residential college has their own organizations, intermural sports teams and other activities that make them unique. In my own experience, this has made it easier for me to adjust to the college atmosphere and makes it easier to make friends and become involved.

Moving away from home and living on your own can prove to be difficult for any college student; however in my case, I had to overcome my fair share of extra obstacles. Born with Chondro Dysplasia Punctata, a rare form of dwarfism, I’ve dealt with many physical challenges all my life. Because of this, getting a college education and becoming independent was always extremely important to me. Although, a year ago, if you told me during my first college semester I would have gotten a job, helped pay my bills, been involved in college council and done my own laundry, I probably wouldn’t have believed you. However, in four short months, I did these things and more. In my college experience, I’ve learned so much and I’ve proved not only to others but myself that a disability does not disable you from having independence and pursuing what you want in life.

Honestly, I think everyone should come to Murray State University! Murray provides a variety of majors, organizations, athletics and more that can cater to any student's needs. However, being in a small community, outside of the campus, there's not much to do in comparison to going to school somewhere like Nashville or Orlando. However, there are bigger cities close by which makes it easy for students who want to venture off campus.

Justin

Fun, friendly, challenging, great place to be.

Fun, friendly, challenging, great place to be.

Best deal on a public universtity, top 100 colleges in America. One of the top citys to live in America.

College has given me a new lease on learing. It is not like highschool, I look foward to going to class. I love to learn new things and to be challenged! I love taking diffrent classes and learing new things about things the I have no idea about. Classes are great to get to become a more well rounded person and it shows you how little you know about the world. College has challenged me to become a better person because it forces you to stick with something even if you don't want to be there and forces you to do things even if you dont want to. College has made me a stonger person and a more rounded person.

Murray State University is a "down to earth" school.

Murray State University is a "down to earth" school.

The people/students who are potential college graduates are well driven and organized. One must may not be intemidated by others but must have faith and be well rounded. One must be able to attend class and be able to be self taught. Ones that are not goal orienated and willing to take on challeges are not fit for college.

In my college experience I have grown a lot as a person and a student also I intend to grow more well-rounded. College itself as broaden my horizon. I have grown to be more independent and work with more integerty and strength.

Kelsey

My classmates work hard in the hopes that they will aspire to be a veterinarian or a veterinarian technician one day. We work together when we are confused, and we support each other when there is need.

So far, I have learned how to become more independant and to really appreciate my family. Murray State University is six hours away from home and it has been hard at times when I need to see a familiar face. My college has also taught me how to be prepared for my future career and has helped my interest in learning new things grow. College life can be hard, especially when you go to a college where you know nobody and have to find your place where you fit in, but it is an enrichign experience and I highly recommend it to anyone who may be questioning whether or not if they want to attend college.

Probably the temperature of my dorm. It changes from extremly hot to very cold throughout the day and it can make it difficult to be patient with.

My classmates are generally focused and easy to talk to and form groups with.

My classmates are generally focused and easy to talk to and form groups with.

Someone looking for a small town, but not too small. People who are tolerant and flexable will do well and those who recieve financial aid.

My college experience has pulled me out of my comfort zone. It has forced me to be a part of the bigger picture and construct my future. My major, Social Work, has included classes that have made me into a better person. I feel prepared for the field I plan to go into after graduation and optimistic about my success. I believe I have established relationships that will last a lifetime. I appreciate Murray State University because this campus has made me feel welcome. I was an outsider, but after a year I became a valued member. Most importantly, my college experience as helped me grow into an optimally functioning member of society and I am grateful.

James

My school has a small town atmosphere, everyone knows everyone.

My school has a small town atmosphere, everyone knows everyone.

My college experience has been of one of great growth. However this growth occurred in the contained atmosphere of Murray State University. The kindness of both my professors and the upperclassman have fostered me into the college lifestyle. The professors want to see their students succeed, and feel that their job goes beyond the few hours per week in a lecture hall. Some of my fellow students have noted that we attend a "boring" school. I can understand this statement, for it is located in a small town, but there are the same opportunites here as there are everywhere else. The only difference is that you will recognize a good portion of everyone on campus, yet that could hardly be considered a negative aspect of the university.

A person who enjoys the big city lifestyle should not attend my school.

Lucy

Murray State is a beautiful campus filled with involved, nice, and bright students congregating in small class sizes with intelligent professors in order to fulfill their dreams of higher learning.

I love the people here in Murray. I feel as though everyone here is very welcoming. As a freshman I got involved in the Greek system. That is probably what I love most about Murray. The people who are involved around campus, especially my sorority. It is so fun and easy to get involved on campus. My advice for incoming students would be to get involved your first year. It really helps you meet people!

So far my college experience has been amazing. College is a place to really know who you are without guidance from your family. For me, I have really become who I've been searching for. Murray State University and its people have taught me who a great person is. I love college.

The town is very small and there is nothing to do there. Luckily Paducah is only about 20-30 minutes away and there is a mall there and more things to do. Also, it is what some consider a "moist" county. They do not sell alcohol in stores but it can be ordered at a restaurant. For beer a person must drive 30 minutes away and for liquor a person must drive 1 hour away and bring it back.

I have gotten a great education from college. I have learned more than I could have ever imagined. I know that I will be able to succeed in my career and I will live a happy life and be proud of myself. Also while in college, I have met my best friend which is the best friend I have ever had. I have found that people can be good through knowing my best friend. She accepts me for me and accepts me for my faults. I would have never had the opportunity to meet my best friend had it not been for college. Before meeting my best friend in my freshman year, I was very sad and did not do much of anything but sit in my room alone watching television. After meeting her, I met more people and actually participated in many more activities around town. My best friend is the most valuable experience from college and I am so very greatful for her every day.

It is small enough to get to know many people and it is close to a few larger cities. It is only 2 hours away from Nashville and 2.5-3 hours away from St. Louis. Also, Kentucky Lake and Lake Barkley are very close to Murray and many students go to the lakes often on the weekends and breaks.

Murray State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.