Murray, KY
Murray State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Murray State University

Sooyeon

Various campus organizations that are available to students to be involved in, such as Greek organizations, Students Government Association, and so on. Especially, if students are interested in fraternity or sorority pledging, then try to learn about each organization of your interest in prior to the initiation. You might later regret your decision that you made while not fully informed.

I would do my best on the SATs and ACTs to boost my chance to receive more scholarships from schools for which I would apply. Finance was one of the major reasons that led me choose MSU, which offered more scholarships than any other schools, and sometimes I wondered whether I would have gone to a more prestigious school, had I been guaranteed the same--or better--financial support from other schools. However, I would give myself this piece of advice: no matter where you end up--whether the school is presitigious or not--, the degree of satisfaction in college depends on how you make up your mind to be. You can always find all kinds of fascinating opportunities to enrich your experiences in college--you just have to explore it yourself. So before you grumble about how small and mediocre your school is, look around to see some amazing aspects of your school about which you didn't know, and start imagining how great it would be to your advantage to intergrade those awesome factors into your life! There are always interesting things to explore in college, and you will be sorry if you don't start it now.

This school fits students who are looking for a like-home, community centered environment. Students who have goals that the want to reach, while still wanting to be a part of the community will love it. If you want to get a degree and be on the right track to having a successful career while having a great time, MSU is the place for you. It's the ultimate college experience.

Take everything that your teachers teach you, you'll use it ALL down the road. Also, if you thought you were studying in high school, you have no idea!

I wish that I would have known my major. Changing majors put me a little behind, MSU is doing great with getting me back on track though.

Emilie

That every student can have personal attention, while still having a big university enviornment.

Before I started college I thought that it would be just like highschool. But little did I know I would actually have to TRY to get good grades. If I could go back to highschool I would for sure work harder and learn better time management skills, as well as studying skills.

That Murray State University has such a beautiful campus, and they have lots of nice building with wonderful teachers.

Cody

I wish I would have known what each dorm room looked like so i could know how to choose which one i liked the best.

The worst thing about Murray State University is the lack of availible transportation. While the campus is within decent walking distance it would be nice to take a shuttle out to the farms and various other locations on the campus that are too far to walk.

I would say keep your options open and always have a back up plan. I was fortunate enough to get accepted to Murray State University which was my first choice.

Tamsyn

Murray is very beautiful, and very accessible to everyone.

Murray is very beautiful, and very accessible to everyone.

I picked my school based on the scenery, because my outdoor surroundings make me the happiest. Choose your school on what is most important to you, and you will be happy. Don't be afraid to transfer schools if your taste and interests change!

The surrounding lake region and small town atmosphere.

hayden

The agriculture program. It is also the only school in the state to have an Masters program for Nursing Anesthesia and Nurse Practitioner.

The people are laid back and helpful yet education is still priority. Diversity is big, but Murray is small, so cultural connection is bound to transpire.

Extensive pressure is put on high school students about finding the 'right fit' in a college. Although I do recommend finding a place that suits you, many are led to believe that can only be one place. Decide first the approximate size of student body you want and what kind of area would be desirable to live for the next four years. Look at the programs you are interested in and how you see them shaping your future. Cost is important and careful consideration should be taken to look at scholarships. Imagine your life immediatly after college and how freeing it would be to have little or no debt but do not compromise the quality of education for this feeling. DON'T STRESS! You are not married to the school you start out at. Find somewhere you'll like spending time and take social life into consideration-The coffee shop on the corner you'll snuggle up in on Saturday's ... and the exchange student that will broaden your horizons. Be optimistic about the new people you'll meet and the things you'll learn, not only in lecture but the first 8 times you scorch your microwavable macaroni dinner!

michelle

I believe someone who wants a small town feel, and a smaller but good sized college.

I would suggest to visit multiple colleges/universitys, it really helps!!

I love the basketball games, they are alot of fun!

Tiffany

Most are friendly and willing to help.

Most are friendly and willing to help.

Find a college that has the major you are passionate about. After that find the rankings of the colleges you have found. Find their standins in academics, security, and social opportunities. When you finally choose a school get involved in campus activities such as volunteering, sports, and clubs.

people that want to be auto mechanics or anything similar.

Dominique

Please do some serious research to find the right school for you because it is very importatnt. Study hard, but make sure you have fun to because you are only in college once.

brian

Murray is unique, it has the perfect balance of work and play

Murray is unique, it has the perfect balance of work and play

1. Follow your gut 2. Push yourself out of your comfort zone 3. Get out there, get plugged in asap 4. Work hard, play hard 5. Truely engage yourself

Murray State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.