Murray, KY
Murray State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Murray State University

diamond

The first advice would be to take the time to figure out exactly what career field I am interested in pursing. This would help in the decision of which college I would be attended. I feel that is very important to do research before attending a college because this college will determine your success for the future. Research each colleges' programs and what they offer to their student. Make sure college of choice is affordable. Try to stay away from loans and if needed apply to as much scholarships as possible. Also, college requires a lot of hard work and dedication. As a college, you must gear yourself for the amount of material and work that you would be receiving throughout your college years. It is very important to get all the help from professors and additional help of tutors that are provided to help you with your work if needed. Give yourself time to go over materials learning after every class. This would help in preparation of papers and exams.

Kristina

Murray State University has a large university feel with small class sizes and kind, caring faculty and staff.

As a high school senior take into account the type of college you really want. Do you want a college that is extremely expensive and will be paying off for years and years? A small town college where you get a degree with paying a small percentage of the cost while living at home? Another thing all high school seniors need to know is to sign up for as many scholarships and grants as humanly possible. However, the most important thing to remember when entering college is to not stress; you have worked twelve years to get to this one place. Have fun and don't freak out about every assignment. It's not as scary as people make it out to be.

The most frustrating part of going to Murray State University is finding a place to park. The parking is far from classes and buildings and during the cold, bitter winter and rainy spring it is hard to make it to class without being defeated by the weather.

Maria

A friendly environment with access to many resources and a large availability for help when needed.

I would advise myself that college is very different from high school and it will take more effort but, it will be worth it to gain the knowledge and to have a good education from a reputable college on your resume.

Logan

Murray State is known for consistently having one of the best Occupational Safety and Health departments in the country.

Focus on the things that are going to get you somewhere in life. Sports aren't as important as they seem, and grades are everything in this world wether you like it or not. So, stick your head in the books and work on that GPA so that you can put your name in the hat as a credible applicant for scholarships. Time goes faster than you think and the harder you work now, the easier life will be later.

So far, at MSU, I've recieved very little help from the faculty concerning classes that I should take to help me graduate with my major and the academic advisors seem so caught up with other things that they don't have much time to set aside to help the undergraduates that need their assistance.

Devon

Do not take your teachers words for granted. Start getting used to bringing school work home. Practice being open minded and accepting of other people, and finally, fill out every possible scholarship application you can find.

Any will feel at home, but there is a higher average of foreign students at Murray relatively.

Dawson

Murray State University is an amazing school with an amazing faculty that truly wants their students to succeed.

Murray State is best known for their Ocupational Safety and Health department, the job opportunities this major provides is unbelievable!

If I had the opportunity to go back to my senior year of high school and speak to myself and others about how to tranisition into college and be succesful I would say this, " I know you have doubts about college. You have been told that you are not smart enough, that you dont have enough money, and your standardized tests scores are not acceptable to become a doctor, lawyer, engineer, or anything else that you truly desire to go to school to be. I am here to say that you have been lied to. You alone are the only person that defines who your going to be and what your going to do with your life. In order to sucessfully transition into college and live the life of your dreams you need to do three things; believe that you are capable of doing anything, work hard, and be determined. If you will do these three things, I will assure that you will find a way to pass any class within any degree, find finacial resources to help pay tution through scholorships, and most importantly you will feel great about yourself and enjoy your time as a college student.

Lorraine

My fellow students are inquizitive & helpfull, they understand there are No stupid questions. With me being generally the eldest in the class I am usally outdated in my talents, yet the other students are readily available to assist me. Thank God for the younger students and their ability to navigate the computer, with out them I would have given up.

Is there one?, Murray State offers such a diverse curriculum that I feel any type of student could flourish.

IT IS NOT ABOUT THE PARTY!!!!, unless i want to retire from flipping burgers futhering my education is probably the most important thing after H/S graduation. DO NOT FEAR it is eaiser than you are thinking, YES, I AM CAPABLE i can pass the classes.

William

it is a small school where everyone at the school is friendly and knows who you are.

do not get behind in collage. have a schedule and look at your sylibus every day. if you do your best and then you will suceed. there are people here to help you but you have to put fourth the effort.

i think that if you do not have self motivation than you should not attend this school . The professors will help you if you have a question but neither them or anyone else will be hovering over your shoulder and telling you to get your homework done. you also have to have time management because the professors will not care if you are late or not there.

Oluwatomiwa

Tomiwa, I know this seems bizarre. You're probably in school, wondering why you're taking the Cambridge exams. You've got a lot on your plate. But I need you to know some things. About college. Just give me... less than 200 words. That's all. So here we go. First thing I want to go over is Computer Science. It's your firs choice fo college, and you haven't started research. Yeah, it's never too early. Trust me, you don't know half as much as you think. What I will tell you: learn programming. Start early. Save yourself lots in the future. Secondly, extra curriculars. You think it's nonsense. Why bother when you could be studying, right? I will tell you this, extra curriculars and community activities are a s important as your degree. They look good on a resume. Most importantly,start getting ready. It seems you have all the time right now, but the sooner you start, the better. The better prepared you are, the quicker you will sync with college life. And don't forget to live a little. College means being the best you can. That's all. Tomiwa (2014).

Johana

In High School kids think that they already know everything about how the" real world" works and how it functions. If I could go back in time to my high school days I would tell myself, " Girl, you do not know what is waiting for you out there in the real world, try your hardest to aim for a good score on the ACT/SAT because getting a high score can help you get better scholarships and grants". I made the mistake of taking the ACT only one time thinking that the score that I got was good enough to get me into college. See I could have gone the extra mile and gone to tutoring and asked my teachers for help in my weak subjects but I did not do that and now I regret it. I would also tell myself get ready because you are going to be independent and you will have to grow up pretty quickly. My college transition was difficult because I was not sure of what degree program I wanted to pursure so I spent a lot of time doing research and quickly learning how to become the responsibe adult that I am today.

Murray State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.