New York, NY
Pace University-New York

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Pace University-New York

Fixed  rate loan

Fixed  rate loan

Francisco

The advice that i will give my self if i could go back in time and see my self as a senior again will be to stop waisting your time and pay more attention to the teacher so that when you go to collage and try harder in college.

Aiyanna

Most known classmates are either greek, athletes, nursing majors,or business majors...all others in their own groups.

I would tell myself to work harder as a high school senior. I know I can do better than I did, I just didn't take it seriously. Thought I could just get into a college and be done with it. College choice makes a huge difference on your career. Also, I would let myself know that it's okay to change your major. Do whatever makes the better grades to get you where you want to be.

I actually attend the Pleasantville campus. You should attend this school if you're getting a full ride scholarship or have a lot of money. You should not go into debt with student loans from this school unless you're a nursing or business major. If you are interested in greek life or sports, this is the school for you.

Hilda

I really have grown to become comfortable of the environment of Pace. I love the leadership opportunities that Pace has provided for me. I think the size of the school is perfect, I don't just feel like a drop in the sea of students like some may feel at larger schools. However, Pace is not too small either. When I first told people I was attending Pace they seemed impressed that I was going to a school with such a good business background.

What are the most popular classes offered?

PUBLIC SPEAKING UNIVERSITY 101 INTRO TO COMPUTER SCIENCE

The stereotype is that Pace is mainly a business school.

Where is the best place to get work done on campus?

The library or the computer lab

Legacy Events: FALL & SPRING FESTIVAL - FREE STUFF ALL OVER CAMPUS (BUILD-A-BEAR, FOOD, CARICATURES, ETC) HOMECOMING CONCERT - IN THE PAST WE HAVE HAD: BUSTA RHYMES< FABOLOUS, KANYE WEST, GYM CLASS HEROES, KERI HILSON

Describe the dorms.

The dorms vary by building. All dorms have RAs, gyms, cable, wifi and guards. All of them are also close to school. Maria's Towers is more of a communal space. Each floor share four bathrooms and two lounges. Also it's above the main building so it's only one elevator ride to class. It may seem a little weird at first but it is the BEST dorm for freshmen. You make your main friends and stories there. Fulton is more apartment like. You can get a closed quad or open quad. The closed has more privacy but the open seems to have more space. These dorms also have nicer bathrooms and full kitchens. John St is more of a separated space. Narrow hallways and tall ceilings. These rooms look more modern but are smaller than other dorms. Each room has their own bathroom but only two kitchens for the whole building. BROOKLYN DORMS (St. George & Clark St) Same building but two different sides. Downtown in Brooklyn Heights with free shuttle buses to school or just one MTA train stop away. These dorms have the best neighborhood. The rooms are bigger than John St. but very similar in style. The kitchen, lounges, and screening room in this building are really nice. Many people tend to say the Clark St. side is slightly better than the St George side.

The stereotype I am most aware of is that idea that Pace is mainly a business school. This is not accurate because the school is made up mainly students in the Arts & Science fields such as Communications and Theater Arts.

What's the Greek scene like?

Greek life is there on campus but not as big as other schools. It's only more relevant when you are involved with it.

Describe the best and worst parts of the social scene on campus.

The best part is that it is diverse the worse part is that it's not as active as traditional-campuses

Describe a typical weekend.

Everyone kind of does their on thing when it comes to weekends. Basically hanging with their close friends around the city or at parties or concerts

What's the dating scene like?

There is not really a big on campus dating scene. But it's New York so there is someone for everyone so just get out there.

Why did you decide to go to this school?

I chose Pace because they offered me the most financial support in a private institution. I also loved the location.

Get you core done first! Try if possible to do 18 credits the first 2 years to make the last two less stress full. Also get involved with clubs they have great opportunities. Finally if possible dorm at Maria's Towers it might now look like the best dorm but you form friendships and experiences that will last for a very long time.

Describe a day on campus you'll never forget.

When the Yankees won the World Series the Parade was right by the school and Pace hung a banner on the front building that said "Pace (hearts) Yankees". Because I was a Pace student the police let me closer to the blocked off streets and I even got to see Jay-Z perform. It was so much fun!

Tell us about the sports scene on campus.

All the sports are at the other campus, sorry

What are some hot-button issues on campus?

Taking the elevator one floor DOWN Tuition price

The most popular clubs and organizations on campus are: P.A.C.E Board (the entertainment group that manages major events from Homecoming Concert to school-wide festivals), BSU (the black student union that address controversial topics effecting all students, not just minorities), Pace Press (the school news paper that covers both on campus and local news), POP TV (the student run television stations the broadcasts on campus), SGA (the student government), and the Greek Life (sororities/fraternities).

Students at Pace as in many New York City schools are very diverse. They are diverse in style, backgrounds, and interest. I feel that Pace has less of a competitive atmosphere and more of a social one.

I really appreciate the professors at Pace because a majority of them a working professionals within their field. I feel I am not just handed a textbook to read cover-to-cover but rather given real world knowledge and experience from insiders of the industry.

Rose

I absolutely love Pace! It was my first choice school and I'm so happy I came here. It is a small, private university which is very benefical when it comes to learning and student professor relationships. At Pace each of your professors knows your name and it is a community that we all take part in.

What are your classes like?

This semester my classes are becoming a bit easier. I'm only one full semester away from graduation so majority of my difficult course, I have already completed. I enjoy my classes this semester because they are really helping to get a taste of what I will be facing in the real world at a real job.

Pace University does have a large number of Greek life on campus, both social and ethnic. We do have an athletics program, with sports such as football, basketball, baseball, mens lacross and womens soccer. There are also a number of campus organizations such as the student radio station, the student newspaper, psychology club and a gaming club.

Pace University is very diverse. There are students from many different racial and cultural backgrounds. There are students from a range of social classes. There is a LGBT community at Pace University as well.

The academic programs at Pace are great. We have a diverse number classes in psychology, business, environmental science, media communication arts and many others. The professors are very personal and get to know each of their students. Classroom sizes are small which helps the student to get more one on one attention.

I do not think there are sterotypical groups of students at Pace University. We have a very diverse campus and many of the students are involved in multiple organizations and groups at Pace.

Colby

Coming to Pace University was one of the best decisions I've ever made. In my two and a half years here I have been a member of the softball team, Honors College, newspaper, radio, student athletic advisory committee, colleges against cancer, various honor societies, and had three internships. This success was a combination of my determination to be involved but also the opportunities that Pace provided to me. Some people may not like the idea of a small school but I beleive it has given me the opportunity to be a big fish in a small pond rather than a small fish in a big one. The best part about Pace is the overall friendly atmosphere. People hold open doors for you, professors go out of their way to provide you with opportunities, and other administrators are always trying to make you feel right at home. Another positive aspect of Pace is its close proximity to the city. Students often go down on the weekends to visit the city, have internships there during the week, or go out and enjoy the night life. One thing that people often have an issue with at Pace is the seperation of campuses. Many students live on the Briarcliff campus and find it inconvenient to have to take the bus or drive their car to the Pleasantville campus for class, meetings, events, and the gym. I lived on Briarcliff for two years, and had a car one of those years and didnt feel terribly inconvenienced. Honestly taking those bus rides to the other campus was a bonding experience for me and my friends, and always gave us an adventure to laugh about later. The shuttle brings you into the town of Pleasantville, which has everything that a college student needs, whether its a slice of pizza, the train station, or a grocery item. Its just a quick bus or car ride away. Also, the city of White Plains is also close by which has a multitude of restaurants, shopping centers, and exciting night life. Local businesses and restaurants in town often have deals and discounts for Pace students, which really helps out with an often limited college student budget. Overall, my personal favorite part of Pace is how at home I feel when I'm there. I feel like the administration is there to help me and I feel like Pace has given me the tools I need to be successful in the future.

Pretty much at Pace you will eventually fall into one of three categories, or two of three or three of three categories. Its almost impossible to not get involved on campus, and I've found that most students find a desire to become involved once they meet more people. In freshman dorms people always have their doors open and are looking to socialize at all hours of the day. Once you get older and move into upperclassmen dorms, that "open-door" aspect starts to diminish and you have already developed the close friends that youll make plans to hang out with. Greek life is very important to people in Greek life. If your not a freshman getting recruited or your not in a fraternity or sorority, greek life wont affect you.

Pace University is a melting pot for all students. There is every kind of person at this school, the athlete, the video-gamer, the over-achiever, the sports fanatic, the girly girl, and the laid back musician. The three most popular areas that students tend to be from are Westchester, Long Island, and New jersey. There are also students from upstate NY, California, Oregon, Ohio, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Maryland, and even Washington. Students from far states are usually lured in by Pace's sports programs. There is also a lot of racial diversity on campus. I feel like students of different races definitely interact in class, clubs, sports, teams, Greek life, and social life. Financial matters are pretty relevant to students at Pace. Many students are business or finance majors and have a lot of concern for the economy and whether or not theyll get a job upon graduation. For many students, finances is one of their top five concerns.

I am a communications major, political science minor at Pace. I have had many good experiences with my professors and courses and have been able to mantain a 3.8 GPA. The communications professors all have experience in the field, and have valuable connections to people currently working. The professors I have had, have all had some type of investment in my future and have been more then willing to help me out or meet up with me after class. Also, Pace's requirements for a minor are really do-able. I was able to get a minor in political science in two years by taking 5 related courses. The more minors you can get the better because it shows a future employer that you are a hard worker and very committed. One complaint that many Pace students have is called an Area of Knowledge 1 course. these types of courses require civic engagement, and a lot more work than the typical core requirement class. However some students who have taken these classes enjoyed the break from the typical lecture-type class. As far as competitiveness goes, my classes have been moderately competitive. Mostly students are competing for the spotlight, attention of the professor, and competing to have their opinions heard and listened to. In the communications department a majority of the classes are very hands on, and we are able to use actual equipment that we would use in the field after graduation. My classes, paired with my internship experience has really prepared me to go out into the field.

Many people when looking at Pace will notice the high percentage of students that are commuters. While the number which is close to 50% may be high, it doesnt limit the number of new people you will meet on a daily basis. When I was applying to Pace I was nervous that the high number of commuters would take away from social life on the weekends and limit my opportunities for friends. This couldnt be more wrong, there is a great weekend social life at Pace! The students that dorm tend to be involved in athletics, Greek life, or other organizations on campus and are always sticking around to hang out on weekends. I'm a junior this year and I am still meeting new people when I am on campus!

Craig

I transferred to Pace from a state university in Pennsylvania. I am incredibly happy with my choice to transfer here. Obviously, the location of the University's NYC campus is integral for internships, jobs, and general life experiences. Attending college in NYC is unlike anything else. By sacrificing the "typical college experience," one is able to learn things that others dream of.

Tell us about your professors.

Most of my professors have been really enthusiastic about the classes they teach. Many are professionals in their field which really allows students to gain first-hand experience in their desired career path.

Pace can look rather cold from the outside. The building is very straightforward. Once inside, the views are great.

Tell us about the sports scene on campus.

The sports culture is rather non-existent on the NYC campus. Our focus is on academics.

Describe the best and worst parts of the social scene on campus.

The best part is obviously the school's location in New York City. The subway system allows students to experience any part of New York City for the just the price of a metrocard. The downside is the school's proximity to the financial district which is typically free of social activities on the weekend.

What do students complain about most?

Our Office of Student Assistance seems to get the most flak on campus. They're responsible for financial aid, scheduling issues, and almost all other administrative issues on campus. Like with any bureaucratic entity, OSA certainly has its fair share of speed bumps but the school has taken steps to improve efficiency within the department so we'll see how that goes.

Where is the best place to get work done on campus?

There are plenty of places to work depending on how you like to study. If you can handle the noise of the cafeteria, there is plenty of space to eat and study. If you require silence, the library and the reading room in the basement are great options. There is definitely no shortage of space to get work done.

Tell us about the food and dining options.

After a slight hiccup last year in regards to our food options, the new food provider has stepped it up in terms of options and quality. This year, a flex dollars plan was introduced allowing students to use their meal plan off campus at restaurants like Chipotle. I feel that Pace is finally on par with other NYC schools in the food department.

Because of our history as a business school, most non-students assume that we attend Pace for business.

When you step off campus what do you see?

City Hall is directly across the street from Pace Plaza while such iconic landmarks as Wall Street, the World Trade Center, and Battery Park are just a short walk away.

What are your classes like?

Because of other commitments, I opted to take most of my classes online. I like that I have the option to do so because it allows me to open my schedule up to potential internships and jobs.

The academics at Pace are incredibly strong for a school of this size. In fact, I attended a smaller school prior to Pace and had larger class sizes. I haven't taken a class at Pace with over 30 students. Academic scheduling is pretty good at ensuring that there's a wide range of class choice each semester so that students aren't locked out when registration comes around. Like with any school, the professor's level of personal involvement varies from class to class. I've had professors that have memorized my names within a week and have become mentors to me. I've also had professors who completely disconnect themselves from students. Fortunately, most professors are examples of the former.

Due to the University's proximity to the financial district as well as it's origins as a business school, most people assume I attend Pace for business. While our business school is internationally renowned, we have an incredibly rich college of arts and sciences.

Marisch

As a recent graduate of high school, one thing I can mention about senior year is that it is very important to keep up with the pace! In other words, it is important to manage your time. Senior year is a very exciting and eventful time; however; you do not want any distractions to get in the way of deadlines, applications, classes, etc. As an expected graduate, you want to be able to walk down the aisle on graduation day knowing that you have accomplished all that you possibly can. Remember, you represent your high school wherever you go or wherever you put your name on an application. To that extent, be mindful of how to be the best student you can be. Do not worry about where your friends are going to college or what they are studying - you must stay true to yourself in order to find the right path after high school. You want to sustain a good relationship with your teachers, principal, and advisors because those are the people you will be asking references from. Ultimately, enjoy your senior year while it lasts and at the same time, stay focused on things that matter the most!

A student who wants to study at a university in New York City should definitely apply to Pace University (NY campus). A student should apply to Pace University if he/she wants to be prepared to become leaders in their choice of study. Pace University provides an education that combines exceptional academics with professional experience. Pace University is good for students that want to take full advantage of New York. Students who apply to Pace University has the choice of going to school at three different campuses, locaed in New York City. Pace University is a great private school.

A student who does not want to attend college in New York City, should not apply to Pace University (New York campus). A student who does not want to go to private school should not attend Pace University. A student who does not like to interact with other students should not attend Pace University. A student who does not want to accept help in their education, should not attend Pace University.

Meghan

I would tell myself to not be as concerned with the name or reputation of a college. I would tell myself to go where they were offering me the most money. Pace has an extremely high tuition but there is no justification for it. I would look around for a cheaper institution. If I felt the money was worth it then I wouldn't mind the amount of debt I will be in when I graduate. But I feel I have wasted a significant amount of time and money with my attendance at Pace. After transferring to Pace I realize now that things were too easy at the time. I would have told myself to stay more on top of my credits and keep better track of everything. Because in the end the only person that actually cares about my education is me. Looking back I would have changed everything I considered important at the time.

I attend the Pleasantville campus. I wish I had known that there was very little commuter involvement. Commuters really have no place to go on campus. I would have also liked to know that the advisors are unorganized and lack knowledge. The departments do not communicate with each other and can rarely answer simple questions. If you want to succeed you need to constantly question faculty and be on top of your credits.

Kim

I would tell myself to go directly into college and do not take a break. Sometimes when you take a break life happens and you may make a decision not to go to college. You may get a job without a college degree, but if something happens to that job, where will you be then. You need a degree to ensure yourself a good stable job.

Betty

Paceis best known for its business programs. It is ranked very high for being a good school for business.

I was raised by a controlling father who taught me that the only two places in this world I need to be familiar with are school and home. Although this kept me out of trouble, it limited my development socially because I only interacted with people I was already acquainted with. Thus, whenever I’m forced outside of my comfort zone in social situations, I’m extremely shy. It wasn’t until I entered college that I realized how great an effect this lifestyle had on me. College is more than just a place to further one’s education—it provides many opportunities to network with people from all walks of life. The social aspect of college life has been extremely challenging for me because of my shyness. I’ve realized that there are so many walls I have to break down. If I could give myself advice as a high school senior, I would tell myself to start preparing for this transition early by stepping outside of my comfort zone and actively placing myself in new social situations. If I had had this head-start at breaking my shyness, it would have lightened the burden on my shoulders now.

Pace is a school for people who are convivial and able to network. Although this is a good characteristic to have for any college, Pace offers many opportunities to network with others and socialize. Therfore, it would be difficult to adjust to attending college here if one is very shy.

Pace University-New York administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.