New York, NY
Pace University-New York

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Pace University-New York

Additional Loan Options

Fixed  rate loan

Fixed  rate loan

Meghan

I would tell myself to not be as concerned with the name or reputation of a college. I would tell myself to go where they were offering me the most money. Pace has an extremely high tuition but there is no justification for it. I would look around for a cheaper institution. If I felt the money was worth it then I wouldn't mind the amount of debt I will be in when I graduate. But I feel I have wasted a significant amount of time and money with my attendance at Pace. After transferring to Pace I realize now that things were too easy at the time. I would have told myself to stay more on top of my credits and keep better track of everything. Because in the end the only person that actually cares about my education is me. Looking back I would have changed everything I considered important at the time.

I attend the Pleasantville campus. I wish I had known that there was very little commuter involvement. Commuters really have no place to go on campus. I would have also liked to know that the advisors are unorganized and lack knowledge. The departments do not communicate with each other and can rarely answer simple questions. If you want to succeed you need to constantly question faculty and be on top of your credits.

Kim

I would tell myself to go directly into college and do not take a break. Sometimes when you take a break life happens and you may make a decision not to go to college. You may get a job without a college degree, but if something happens to that job, where will you be then. You need a degree to ensure yourself a good stable job.

Betty

Paceis best known for its business programs. It is ranked very high for being a good school for business.

I was raised by a controlling father who taught me that the only two places in this world I need to be familiar with are school and home. Although this kept me out of trouble, it limited my development socially because I only interacted with people I was already acquainted with. Thus, whenever I’m forced outside of my comfort zone in social situations, I’m extremely shy. It wasn’t until I entered college that I realized how great an effect this lifestyle had on me. College is more than just a place to further one’s education—it provides many opportunities to network with people from all walks of life. The social aspect of college life has been extremely challenging for me because of my shyness. I’ve realized that there are so many walls I have to break down. If I could give myself advice as a high school senior, I would tell myself to start preparing for this transition early by stepping outside of my comfort zone and actively placing myself in new social situations. If I had had this head-start at breaking my shyness, it would have lightened the burden on my shoulders now.

Pace is a school for people who are convivial and able to network. Although this is a good characteristic to have for any college, Pace offers many opportunities to network with others and socialize. Therfore, it would be difficult to adjust to attending college here if one is very shy.

My school is unique because it offered me the work experience I desire as well as a combined degree. I am in the BBA/MBA accounting program, meaning that by the time I am 21, I will have both a bachelor's and master's degree, as well as a CPA license, a few internship experiences, and a job waiting for me when I graduate. Other schools, while also in urban areas, did have internship or co-op programs, but not to the extent that Pace University does or with a combined degree that would be useful.

My school is known for its business connections and opportunities in the financial district. There are hundreds of internship, both paid and unpaid, opportunities available for students. There are several recruiting fairs as well as an online database. Most students complete internships and many have jobs waiting for them when they graduate. This is a great opportunity for anyone to have, especially since you need experience to even be considered at most New York, respectable, jobs.

To my former self, Don't think about where you'll be in 10 years, what office you want to work in, or try to plan anything because it's silly to do that now. Don't pick a school based on money, since you'll be able to afford in anyways; based on degrees, since every college you're looking at has options; or based on where other people you know will be. Make the decision about feelings, the vibe that a place has. You will have fun, you will make friends, the work will be fine, as long as you relax. Take it one step at a time, letting the pieces fall into place without trying to rush everything or make plans for months and years ahead. Focus on yourself now because this is a time to define yourself, to become who you will, but only if you let it happen. Trying to control every outcome will only make you crazy, so take a deep breath and go with the flow. You will have a job, whether it's your dream job or the step to it, so follow your heart for now. Love, Your future self

erika

Pace is a career-focused school with supportive professors that will push you to your best ability.

The worst thing about Pace is the financial aid office. It is very disorganized and if you need help they will help but will not have the hasty/ sincere follow-up attitude that makes you feel like they dont care if you get the loan or scholarship or grant or not. I also dont like the student advisors they make you feel like you did something wrong by picking out the wrong class. I rather they help me choose the right class then allowing me to take the wrong class and spend another year trying to take the right class.

Pace University is best known for its business school and musical theater department.

I would tell myself that the transition is really hard, and that it takes time but eventually I will get used to living away from home. I would also tell myself to try and talk to as many people as possible in the beginning of the semester so I can make a lot of friends. Everyone is going through the same transition as you are, they just may not show as many struggles as you. Freshman year is hard on everyone, but just know that you will get through it, and it's going to be the greatest four years of your life. Also, it is important to know that half the people you meet at the beginning of you freshman year you won't be friends with even halfway through the semeseter. It's important to put yourself out there, you have the chance to be whomever you want you want too be, no one knows you. College is the time to start over without any repercussions.

I wish I knew what it would truly be like to live as a student in New York City. Also, I wish I knew how different the college experience is when not living on a campus.

I would have a lot to say, if I could go back and speak to the high school version of me. I would tell that younger me to find “extracurricular activities”- whether that was a sport, or me and a few other art-inclined students forming a group at the high school… just something more than only focusing on the academics. I would give younger me a push in the direction of community service; not just for scholarships, but to break out of my shell a little more I would sit the younger me down and tell her to go for her dreams from the get-go... to not be so afraid to say that I wanted to go into the art field. I would have felt a lot less stress back then, if I had had the confidence to say that to myself. At the same time, I would tell her to keep her chin up... that even though I would make mistakes, miss out on certain opportunities, everything would turn out okay- that I find myself, just a little bit more everyday. I think, hearing that from an older me... would have really changed my mindset back then.

Shannon

Pace University is best known for its location in the land of opportunity. It provides excellent experience for students to get hands-on in their field of work. There are thousands of internships that Pace's co-op center can offer and they are extremely helpful in getting their students into the work force and internship field. The business school is top-notch and well-known.

I wish I had known that it was mainly a school for business majors and they have a strong focus on the students who choose to be in the business school.

Qa'Sean

I've learned about the importance of work. There will never be a case where someone is successful and can sustain that success without work. In the short time I've been here, I've wanted to do more with myself, from searching for jobs here and there to volunteering to be my floor's representative. I want to express myself and be sucessful, but I don't think I can do that without putting in the work.

The best thing about Pace is the location. The fact that it's in the Financial District allows for students to sight-see, eat at different places, get jobs/internships, and still be enrolled to the school.

The worst thing about Pace is that the two campuses, New York and Pleasantville, are so far away from each other. While the location of the NY campus is better, the Pleasantville campus has the sports teams and I believe the sport aspect, being a fan and such, is something the NY campus doesn't provide.

Pace University-New York administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.