New York, NY
Pace University-New York

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Pace University-New York

erika

Pace is a career-focused school with supportive professors that will push you to your best ability.

The worst thing about Pace is the financial aid office. It is very disorganized and if you need help they will help but will not have the hasty/ sincere follow-up attitude that makes you feel like they dont care if you get the loan or scholarship or grant or not. I also dont like the student advisors they make you feel like you did something wrong by picking out the wrong class. I rather they help me choose the right class then allowing me to take the wrong class and spend another year trying to take the right class.

Pace University is best known for its business school and musical theater department.

I would tell myself that the transition is really hard, and that it takes time but eventually I will get used to living away from home. I would also tell myself to try and talk to as many people as possible in the beginning of the semester so I can make a lot of friends. Everyone is going through the same transition as you are, they just may not show as many struggles as you. Freshman year is hard on everyone, but just know that you will get through it, and it's going to be the greatest four years of your life. Also, it is important to know that half the people you meet at the beginning of you freshman year you won't be friends with even halfway through the semeseter. It's important to put yourself out there, you have the chance to be whomever you want you want too be, no one knows you. College is the time to start over without any repercussions.

I wish I knew what it would truly be like to live as a student in New York City. Also, I wish I knew how different the college experience is when not living on a campus.

I would have a lot to say, if I could go back and speak to the high school version of me. I would tell that younger me to find “extracurricular activities”- whether that was a sport, or me and a few other art-inclined students forming a group at the high school… just something more than only focusing on the academics. I would give younger me a push in the direction of community service; not just for scholarships, but to break out of my shell a little more I would sit the younger me down and tell her to go for her dreams from the get-go... to not be so afraid to say that I wanted to go into the art field. I would have felt a lot less stress back then, if I had had the confidence to say that to myself. At the same time, I would tell her to keep her chin up... that even though I would make mistakes, miss out on certain opportunities, everything would turn out okay- that I find myself, just a little bit more everyday. I think, hearing that from an older me... would have really changed my mindset back then.

Shannon

Pace University is best known for its location in the land of opportunity. It provides excellent experience for students to get hands-on in their field of work. There are thousands of internships that Pace's co-op center can offer and they are extremely helpful in getting their students into the work force and internship field. The business school is top-notch and well-known.

I wish I had known that it was mainly a school for business majors and they have a strong focus on the students who choose to be in the business school.

Qa'Sean

I've learned about the importance of work. There will never be a case where someone is successful and can sustain that success without work. In the short time I've been here, I've wanted to do more with myself, from searching for jobs here and there to volunteering to be my floor's representative. I want to express myself and be sucessful, but I don't think I can do that without putting in the work.

The best thing about Pace is the location. The fact that it's in the Financial District allows for students to sight-see, eat at different places, get jobs/internships, and still be enrolled to the school.

The worst thing about Pace is that the two campuses, New York and Pleasantville, are so far away from each other. While the location of the NY campus is better, the Pleasantville campus has the sports teams and I believe the sport aspect, being a fan and such, is something the NY campus doesn't provide.

Jasmine

Attending college is now more common than ever. Though it seems unfortunate perhaps, the experience is great. The cost of attending may be high, but I have so far found it to be well worth it. I live among some of the most interesting people and love this journey I've been able to take.

the school may be unorganized at times and it creates many problems as well as the price.

Armanda

Mi experiencia universitaria ha sido de gran valor para mi ya que me siento como todo una profecional . Tambien ha sido de gran valor para mi pertenecer a la mejor universidad que tiene Puerto Rico una universidad comprometida con el estudiantado y con la humanidad ya que no solo educan si no que creean valores se la recomiendo a todo el mundo. Yo soy la Inter y tu que esperas.

Cara

It's like at any school. You have those who get good grades, but don't really care about learning. You have those who do care about learning. And those who are just trying to earn credit.

My college experience is valuable because I finally feel that my life is fulfilling. In the past, I could not completely enjoy the present, but I knew my future experiences would be worthwhile. I now have many choices when it comes to my learning opportunities. My course choices are not based merely on curriculum requirements; I choose classes to learn about topics that I genuinely want to study. I love college because I am receiving a truly liberal arts education and I have ample opportunities to make a real contribution to my campus community. My extracurricular activities have added such richness to my experience. I am gaining life lessons that will become a part of defining who I am. My interactions with students and faculty have made me more confident. I may have completely rid myself of my shyness—something I have been struggling with during my high school years. I have been able to meet such wonderful people and build friendships that do not feel fake. What I am saying may sound typical, but it is genuine. These are aspects that I have always sought in my college dreams. I honestly, cannot image my life without this unique experience.

It's expensive, just like any school.

Genevive

I have learned many things from my college experience. While I have learned many of the course objectives that are given in college classes, I have also learned a more valuable lesson. That lesson is who I am, who "Genevive Lusaria" is as a person. In college, while I have been given information, many explaining concepts and procedures, I have also learned what kind of person I am and through that, I have made my decision of what kind of person I want to be. My college experience has helped me better understand the process I need to undergo to make that transformation. Once I've realized my personal goals, I worked to achieve them along with my academic goals. Every class since then has contributed to the person I want to be, building my determination and desire for success.

I wish I knew more information about the school's cafeteria and which places were good options to buy from and which were not.

Someone who isn't completely dedicated to their major or is unsure about what major they want to be in shouldn't attend this school. The tuition is rather pricey, and being unsure about what you want to pursue or still exploring your options would be less of a financial burden at another school.

Pace University-New York administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.