New York, NY
Pace University-New York

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Pace University-New York

Fixed  rate loan

Nicholas

If I could go back in time to give myself some advice about the transition into college and about college life, I would tell myself three things: First, I would tell myself to attend community college before an expensive university or private college. The classes are all the same, but at the community college they cost a lot less. Second bit of advance would be to not panic the first day of classes. Often the first day of class the professor will go over the syllabus and lay out the expectations for the course, which can be intimidating. I remember staring up a mountain of assignments and reports to be done at the beginning of the quarter, but by the end of the term I remember thinking, that wasn’t so bad. Last piece of advice I would give myself is to take care of your body outside of class. Make sure to eat right and exercise. It takes time to do that, but it will greatly help your focus and energy level. Go to a community college, stay calm and take care of your health are the three things I would tell myself in high school about college.

Alisha

Make sure you know how to manage your time and be very proactive! Join more clubs and always try to make time for yourself because sometimes it may get a little hectic! Stay focused and always ask for help when needed. Take more intro classes so by the time your ready to choose a major you know exactly what you want.

That I wanted to do pharmacy but still had a great experience learning about my self and finding life long friends

Honestly I cannot come up with a thing. Maybe how active the students are which is actually a good thing!

Very spread out. Some care a lot about there studies and some hardly care. Stay with the right crowd.

You worked hard to make it where you are now. Dont' stop now. Keep focused and your mind on what you want to achieve. This is your first time going away from home, get yourself involved. Many new social activities are going to come your way, learn how to manage your time. Yes you can have a good time, but keep your head in the books . It is easy to fall behind if you let yourself. Make a schedule that you can stick to. Have fun, be involved, and get good grades. (It costs a lot of money to have to retake a course). Enjoy yourself while you are young, but remember this is your seed to planting the rest of your life. Make the most out of your college experience and take advantage of everything your school has to offer.

tyler

My classmastes through college have expotentially suprised me with showing me how nice and caring we can all be to each other...

I would have told myself to be more social with the people around me. I was not anti social in high school but i taked to a lot less people. When I got to college I talked to more people and got highly more accepted because of this. I would also tell myself to study more in the books every night to get ready for college and practice at least 1 hour of chinese a day.

My school is actually very accepting for who you are as a person as well as your major. On this I believe any person can come into this school and be very happy.

Kelsey

Go and fill out every scholarship application you can lay your hands on. And study harder in Lit and Calc because 3's won't cut it.

There are so many opportunities here, with interships, with education, simply put I love it. It is not a traditional campus, New York City is our campus and it never leaves room for a dull moment. Pace has an honors program that puts you with advisors to help you get through your four years in the best ways possible. From helping you pick classes, guiding you towards the best professors for that area. There are people who can help you with everything you need, all you have to do is ask.

Someone who wants to be a part of a very nontraditional campus, and want to take on the adventure of the "big-city" life. It is a great school for the arts, Inside the Actors Studio is filmed here, but they are also great for many other areas of acedemic study.

Sungi

You never really know what type of people you'll be in class with, unless you either ask or sign up with people at the same time.

STUDY, STUDY, STUDY!!! In high school I never studied for anything because I was the type of student that always did his home work and participated in class; which you had five times a week, and did perfectly fine. Now that I'm in college and have a class a max of 2-3 times a week, I can't afford to rely only on my class participation and home work; studying outside of class, and not just the day before a test, is a lot more benefitial. I would also tell myself to do the home work even if the professor doesn't collect or grade it; it all helps put in the end.

Honestly there's really no specific type of person that will or wont fit in at this school. Regardlesas of what typw of person you are, odds are you'll find someone that you can get along with and relate to. There's a decent enough variety of people here.

Domingo

If I can go back to my senior year in high school, I would tell myself to be open and speak to random people. Don't be shy and open up to others. The more open you are, the better. Through conversations with strangers, you learn a lot about the diversity of your school and the types of people that study in the same rooms you study. Make friends, and remember that a stranger is just a friend you haven't met yet. Also, consider dorming, even if its just for one semester. It might be a financial burden, but remember that it's important to spend a lot of time on campus in order to get the full college experience.

The worst thing about my school is the administration. They are corrupt and some of them find ways to make your life miserable when you sincerely try to succeed. Administration just makes it harder than they should in order to help you with anything.

I brag about the fact that I'm in the city and that I have the access to everything in the tip of my fingers. I have access to all the trains, theaters, restaurants, and touristic spots all so close to me.

Nikki
Describe the dorms.

Describe the dorms.

The dorms are not the best, but I've seen worse. Maria's Towers is where most freshmen live, its right above the classrooms and its small with shared bathrooms, the only upside is you meet a lot of people quickly. There is also the option of John St., about a five minute walk from school and Clark and Henry St dorms in brooklyn, which are a short commute of ten minutes and newly updated. Fulton St dorms are the nicest and are the closest to school, but usually taken by seniors and juniors. By junior year most students get apartments because it is less of a hassle than dealing with Pace housing.

Why did you decide to go to this school?

I decided to go to Pace University because I wanted a really unique college experience. I didn't want to be on a huge college campus, where I am just a number, or somewhere that is all about football. I love that fact that Pace gives me real world experience everyday just by the mere fact that it't in New York City. Pace is also great for it's connections in so many areas, I've really learned how to network in a short period of time.

Greek life is pretty active and is also very involved on campus. Student Government is a great way to become more involved at school as well. All the major departments have organizations that hold events that are interesting to attend.

The academics at Pace get a mixed review. When it comes to the professors its a hit or miss. The honors college and Lubin are known for their very good professors. The great thing about Pace is some of the unique classes like Urban Planning, New York architecture, and broadway shows.

The students at Pace University come from a diverse background. A majority of the school is from the east coast, but there is a large group of international students as well. Although it can feel like a commuter school at times, there are so many ways to get involved through on campus organizations, greek life and internships in lower Manhattan

One of the major stereotypes of Pace University is that its just a business school or just an acting school, but that couldn't be further from the truth. Pace has many majors within its other schools as well. Some other popular majors are communications, political science, and english.

Sebastian

I used to be one of those spoiled children who thought I could get through life just with charm. I would mainly advise myself on the importance of getting good grades. However, I did recieve this advice but it didn't settle in until it was a bit late. Therefore, I would also express the importance of working and succeeding by your own means. The realization of the importance of money is a key factor in appreciating your education. In life you need to prove yourself and there if lots of competition in the academic field, therefore you need to persue a career that engages you and you are willing to fight for.

The worst part about this school would have to be the tuition cost in relationship to what you recieve in exchange. The campus is quite small and doesn't have the nicest facilities/equipment (labs, gym, library, cafeteria, etc.) The high tuition with a low standard of education causes many of the students to be quite mediocre but with wealthy families who pay for their tuition. In other words there are many spoiled students who aren't studying because they want to, but because they are obligated to.

It is a very business oriented school and has a good business program. Therefore, I would recomend it to business students. If you're not interested in business I think it is a good steping stone school for students who haven't done as well as they wanted. At Pace students recieve valuable student-teacher relationships that allow you to improve your grades and/or experience in your field of study.

Pace University-New York administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.