Denver, CO
Regis University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Regis University

Mallory

The advice I would give myself If I were able to talk to my high school self would be to loosen up, have fun, and achieving top tier grades aren’t all that important. Sure that’s what the teachers tell you but the true gift of knowledge is what you do with it and the joys you get out of it. If all one ever cared about was grades then they would find no joy in life because they would be so obsessed with getting the grades that they forget everything else. One thing I would also tell myself would be to focus more on the qualities of a career that are of interest to me. Currently in College, I spent so much time figuring it out that when I finally found it, it was almost a last minute change and I am soon to be graduating so I missed out on all the opportunities that I could have had. The third and final thing I would tell myself would be to not be limited by one’s fears-another aspect about college is to experience things. Don’t be limited by what you are comfortable with: have fun!

Kelly

I love this school because we are minutes from downtown Denver and only a few hours from the mountains and skiing. It is the perfect location, not to mention a beautiful campus that is also an Arboretum!

Where is the best place to get work done on campus?

The best place to get work done is most definitely the library. It is a gorgeous building on the inside, with four floors. The third floor is my favorite because it is reserved for quiet study so no talking aloud! All the desks have a view out one of the bay windows that surround the entire building. You can find little nooks and crannies to study in the basement and there are several group study rooms with televisions. The basement also has a great movie selection for renting movies (free of course). The front overlooks the quad. The only thing that distracts me is looking out the window at all the students having fun playing frisbee and sun bathing while I am stuck studying - but this is inevitable!

When you step off campus what do you see?

When I step of campus, I am surrounded by a friendly, mainly Hispanic community. Many of the store signs are written in Spanish like, "Lavaderia" and "Carniceria." On one side of Regis we have Lowell Blvd which will take you straight down to the Highlands, a cute little area of town with many delicious local restaurants and shops. The Federal Blvd side of campus has chain restaurants like McCoy's, Wendy's, Caesars Pizza, and McDonald's. I mainly stay away from this part of town unless I am driving through to get to highway 70. In walking distance there is the Rocky Mountain Lake which is great to go for a run or a bike ride.

What do students complain about most?

Students complain mostly about the food services... although, I must say that this year the food is excellent. Last year we were catered by Sodexo - not so good. This year we are catered by Bon Appetite. All of the food is organic and a lot of it is local and is grown (or raised) in Colorado. There are good options are vegetarians and the salad bar is incredible! I am so satisfied with this company.

Our campus is an Arboretum! Don't worry, when I came to Regis, I had no idea what an Arboretum was either. Basically, it is a botanical garden devoted to trees. People come from all over the country just to see all the different kinds of tree and plants that Regis has growing on campus. Almost all the trees have identification tags on them. So don't be surprised if you see small tour groups crawling through the foliage!

Describe the dorms.

The dorms at Regis are in prime condition when you consider those at some other universities. The two freshman dorms are Desmet and O'Connell. I lived in Desmet my freshman year and I loved the red bricked walls lining the inside of every room, as well as the bunk beds, comfy NEW mattresses, and heating/air-conditioning. I was extremely comfortable and O'Connell is similar except has white walls instead of red brick. They both have grassy areas out front for hanging out and are a 1 minute stroll from the quad and the cafeteria.

What's the Greek scene like?

There is no Greek life at Regis. Personally, this does not bother me one bit. I am not the kind of girl who would enjoy a sorority. It just depends on what you are looking for. There are plenty of ways to get involved at Regis and finding that nitch is not too difficult because of the tight knit community we have here.

Tell us about the sports scene on campus.

So, the sports scene, or lack of, was probably the only real dislike I have of this university. There are plenty of varsity sports like mens and women's soccer, basketball, lacrosse, golf, volleyball, and cross country. The only major sport we don't have is football, the sport which many students think of when they imagine college. We do not have a big stadium and the school spirit definitely needs improvement. Recently, the Dance Team and Cheerleading Squad has been working to improve school spirit and get more students out to games.

Despite Regis small size, we really know how to party. Typical party nights are Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights. What we lack in tailgating for a football game (no football at Regis) and fraternities and sororities, we make up for at large house parties.

Students at Regis are very relaxed with their day to day appearance. Sweats and t-shirts are acceptable and widely worn. The majority of students do not dress-up for class or sports games. We like to save the cute clothes for the weekends and special occasions!

Academics, at least in the nursing program, are challenging. We focus not only treating a patients physical ailments, but also the psychosocial and emotional component which all exceptional nurses assess in their clients. This is a holistic healthcare that we focus on at Regis.

Cassi

Regis has ambiance and the professors contribute to the positive environment. The mountains are only an hour away, and there are plenty of opportunities through Regis to go on trips to explore the outdoors. People are outgoing, down to earth, and focused.

Regis has a variety of opportunities and is open to student's ideas. Athletics, theater, music, intermural sports, and debate are just a few of the opportunities available for student involvement.

Regis attracts a diverse group of students. Most are academically focused and enjoy the outdoors. People come from all financial backgrounds and lifestyles. Regis provides a very accepting environment that promotes student development and involvement.

Regis students are normally pretty down to earth people, who are academically focused and very active outdoors people.

Larissa

Overall I think that Regis is a really good school to attend. The best thing in my opinion is how small the class sizes are. If I could change one thing it would be the location of Regis.

The most popular activities at the school are surrounded around sports. Even though we don't have a football team the school is still pretty interested in sports and athletics and they are usually a lot of students at the games.

At regis there is lots of diversity and I don't think there are any students that would feel out of place here. Even though we are a catholic university there are no pressures of converting to catholicism

The academics are pretty challenging but I really feel like I'm learning the material that I'm expected to learn. The teaching styles are pretty successful, and most of my professors know my name. I'm majoring in nursing but currently I am just finishing my pre-requisites and I will enter the nursing program next fall.

I have heard many people be skeptical towards my choice of school because they think that Regis University is only for rich Catholic kids but in reality you don't need to be rich to go here ( they offer many scholarships) and you don't have to be catholic (they are accepting of all religions!

Mary

Mary, for goodness sake do NOT listen to those people when they tell you negative things about you. You ARE smart and you CAN be a college student, and you CAN live the life you had always wanted for yourself WITHOUT feeling guilty about it. Go to college as soon as you can, get in and keep your nose to the grindstone. You always wanted to be a CPA, now is the time to do something about that. You can do this because you ARE smart enough and you ARE strong enough. Those people just tell you those things because they see that and they don't see it in themselves and therefore want you to feel as bad about yourself as they do with themselves. Get away from those people, they don't know what they are talking about, nor will they ever stick around long enough to see the brilliant person inside you flourish into the great loving and productive community member you are. Just go and grow kid! Your mom will be so proud! And so will you.

parking, that is a nightmare, but we are a bit land locked in a well developed neighborhood so the only way to build is up. Just choose to walk to campus and you will be fine.

people who are not driven or serious about their goals would be wasting their time at Regis. This is a private university which means it is more expensive, and the accademics tend to be more driven and intense, not something that a kid who wants to party all the time will want to be, or even survive the first semester.

Heather

Half pig, half girl Almost woman, shaped like sausage curl Mistaken thoughts majority rule Feels like Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer Too sluggish for the girls on cheer Boys think I am queer Cheerleading, basketball, track Muscles I lack Want to try out But full out doubt Ditch class to get away To video games I play Stay up late Slit wrists because of self-hate Listen to music “Never cared for what they do Never cared for what they know And nothing else matters” Lyrics give me solace No longer want to be a carcass Times goes on Play guitar like Stevie Ray Vaughn Go to college Gather lots of knowledge Take yearbooks off of shelf See sad images of former self Wonder why, why why No adults saw me cry? Pain was buried deep inside My youth died Advise to former self Read Marriane Williamson “who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and fabulous? Actually, who am I not to be? Resolve to love life, and love myself Forge friendships with positive kids Let my light shine Work hard and dream big

Regis University is a smaller school which allows for forging better relationships with faculty, staff, and other students. It is a close knit community. I enjoyed participating in activities such as : The School of Americas (SOA) delegation, the Young Democrats Club, and student government.

The kind of person who should attend this school is someone who enjoys peace, social justice, and God.

roxana

I would tell myself quite a few things acutally. The first being that I needed to work harder to get what I wanted out of life. That my focus should be on getting better grades and applying myself to my full potential. I needed to apply for scholarships, grants, etc instead of leaving it to the wayside. I would tell myself that my number one priority should be my education and preparing to excel in every aspect of my education. I would also make sure that I was prepared for the transition from high school and living with my parents to going to college and being an independant person.

Someone who isnt open minded about religion.

Availablity of classes each semester.

Kimberly

My classmates were all non-traditional, adult students who also worked full-time.

My college experience has been valuable in both my personal and professional development. The knowledge and experience gained while continuing my education has helped me grow to be a better citizen, employee, and parent. Returning to school as an older student was beneficial as I appreciated the opportunity more than I had as a teenager. Regis University was an integral part of gaining confidence as a non-traditional student and in my desire to continue on to graduate school to obtain my MBA.

Bethany

The day I arrived at Annunciation Elementary School, I knew my experience would be special. This particular semester opened my eyes and changed my life forever. When I arrived at this inner city school in Denver I was immediately greeted by cheerful Kindergartners with so much love to give. These bright, vibrant children were eager to learn. I soon realized their life at home was a struggle. Many of these precious children would go without food from Friday afternoon until Monday morning. Every so often a child would come to school exhausted after being awake all night from gun shots outside their home. This experience Regis University provided altered my life forever. After witnessing the love these students have to give even with the hardships they endure on a daily basis has inspired me to give back to those less fortunate. The Regis University motto is "Men and Women in Service of Others." This ideal is emphasized in just about every class taken at Regis. The professors emphasize giving to those less fortunate by providing and often times requiring community service. The community service aspect Regis promotes and encourages of its students has made it a valuable institution to attend.

I think the best thing about Regis is the small campus feel of small class sizes and getting to know your professors who want you to succeed.

If you are thinking about attending Regis you must be willing to spend a lot of time working on homework. Most of your classes will expect you to participate. You will have small class sizes and really get to know your professors. The school is small so you will get to know a lot of people and see the same faces around campus. It is a Jesuit institution, although people who attend here and aren't Catholic do not feel out of place.

Yesenia

What I have gotton out of my college experience is that if you do not try your best you will not succeed. I tried to put my homework aside for a little while and when I least expected it in was finals week. I stayed up all night and only slept for four hours trying to finish , and I did I was proud of myself. It has been valuable to attend college because it has taught me not to give up and that it is never to late to get an education. College is not like highschool where the teachers can forgive a letter grade and still pass you. College is much more helpful because they won't pass you unless you know the subject. I like that because it gives me a challenge as well as a brain to work with. I love learning because it makes me feel smart when I teach someone else what I learned. I get excited when I teach someone else my knowledge that they did not know.

Regis University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.