Queens, NY
St John's University-New York

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend St John's University-New York

Roderick

St. John's university has a real diverse student body. Yes you have your nerds, your Jocks/Frat Boy, your wealthy snobs, and your arrogant jerks. Overall though, most students are real friendly and cool to be around.

Somebody who wants to open their boundaries and get a great education.

Monifa
Where is the best place to get work done on campus?

The D'Angelo Center in my opinion is the best place to get work done on campus. It's not too loud or too quite.

Where is the best place to get work done on campus?

What are your classes like?

There awesome!!! It does depend on your professor and what class your actually taking, but its great.

Marica

Dear Marica, Sweet girl, you will make it. You will be a 2013 graduate of C. D. Hylton High School. You will attend St. John's University in NYC. College is not like the movies where you see them rarely studying. College is difficult. You will need to study in order to succeed. Do not party. Do not fall for those fraternity boys. Meet a guy that likes you because of your intelligence and your beauty. You will be miles away from home but remember, your mom and dad are only a phone call away. They want to hear your voice, so give them a call and tell them about your day. Remember, every time you visit home, dad puts a $20 bill in your glove compartment for emergencies. Do not spend it. Tell those you love that you love them. Try new things. Travel anywhere you can with what you have. Eat all the food you want. Eat the extra slice of pizza. Stay loyal and stay strong. You are beautiful sweet girl. Grandma and poppop are watching, make them proud. Most importantly, do what makes you happy. Love, Me

You should not attend this school if you are an introvert. Everyone is very out-spoken and you will most likely feel uncomfortable. I do feel that this school has a good mix of introvert and extroverts but one can tell that the introverts are uncomfortable.

I wish I had known how much this school revolves around its fraternities and sororities for its extracurricular activities. It also seems that the school cares more about the men's basketball team than the rest of the student population.

Catherine

St. John's University is a school that always strives to be to improve and looks to the advice of it's students for that matt...

St. John's University is a school that always strives to be to improve and looks to the advice of it's students for that matter.

I would tell myself to carefully decide where you want to go to school. How you feel about the school itself impacts you're entire college experinence, good or bad. Especially, if you're in a situtaion where you cannot transfer, you have to find ways to make it the greatest experinence. It is what you make it.

Somewho is looking to comtemplate on their life choices as well as decideding what the want to do in their life; someone who needs time would go to this school.

Joshua

If I could go back and talk to myself as a senior, my advice would be not to worry. As a senior in high school I was quite nervous about college. Not a single one of my friends was going to my college and I was afraid of having to start over. I was afraid of losing contact with old friends, I was afraid of the classes, I was afraid of the future. As I have progressed through my first year of college I realize it was a silly fear. I have made great connections with people who will hopefully remain lifelong friends, I have been engaged in some of the most interesting classes that have made me thing and wonder. And I am no longer afraid of the future. I have come to realize the future does not have to be this random thing where no one knows what is going to happen and where you will end up. I have set a goal for myself, and I intend to make that future happen. I wish I could tell this to my past self, without spending all that time worrying, I would have had a much better senior year.

A person who is unwilling to set goals and work hard towards them should not bother to attend this school. The professors and counselors are all willing to help you, but unless you are determined to better yourself, their help will not be effective.

The most frustrating thing about my school is how there are so many majors and different opportunities offered, that you cannot possibly explore each one. It makes it so much research must be done in order to succeed in creating a plan on how you will spend your years at this school.

Erika

My undergraduate school is best known for their education and speech pathology programs.

If I could give my high school self-advice I would tell her that I should be taking my classes more seriously. I know I have the ability to be a great student and I chose to slack off and fly under the radar. I would tell myself to push harder and prove to everyone you are capable of being a straight “A” student. If I applied myself I would have been accepted to my dream university. I would tell myself it is way cooler to be a diligent student, than one who is embarrassed to speak about grades with friends. I would tell myself that when everyone was receiving acceptance letters from multiple schools, I could have been too if I studied more. I would tell adolescent me that it is okay if you are not good at a subject but if you apply yourself, there is so much to be proud of when you put in the effort to pass the class. I accept my flaws and my failures and although I made mistakes in school in high school, I am proud to say I learned my lesson to give advice to others not to make my mistakes.

I wish I was aware of how bias the professors were at my undergraduate institution. They play favorites and will tend to the needs and the success of those students.

If I could tell myself, as a high school senior, to do more early on, I would. Going into the medical field is extremely competetive and if you are not 100% focused on your goals from the beginnning, you will not make it. Start volunteering, interning, and reseraching from day 1. Don't let anyone put you down, or doubt your dreams. You can do anything you put your mind to. Don't be lazy. Spend your weekends studying, and party when its worth it. Have fun and don't stress.

Someone focused and ready for the real world, not a crazy party school.

Celeste

St. John's is a melting pot of ethnic and social backgrounds; it has so many different clubs and organizations for students to choose from--for example, there's groups like the Mexican American alliance, Catholic Student Community, a wide range of fraternities and sororities, and everything in between--and also hosts a plethora of different events for students to enjoy, meet new people, and share interests with people they had never talked to.

17 year old Celeste Najera unfolded the paper she found at the bottom of her backpack while looking for her English homework: "September 16, 2014 To Celeste Najera: Hey dude! This is you from the future. Yes, I'm serious and no, you're not tripping. This is real and you need to read this and believe me...well you need to believe you because we are the same person. Anyway, the point is that I'm already at SJU. I've seen the dark side...and it's bad. You're not going to like it at all. Beware of the roommates! Trust me, you're going to meet them and they'll seem nice, but don't be fooled! Don't take anything that they give you and most definitely do NOT take their pizza! Just stay hungry and wait until morning to eat. You will think that they are trying to be nicer to you, but it's all a lie! Also, keep looking for scholarships because you're going to need it. Just do what I wrote and you'll be good, Future Celeste Najera P.S. Bring toilet paper. Seriously. P.P.S. Good luck!"

If you don't like to meet new people and be exposed to all kinds of thinking and perspectives, then SJU is not your school.

St John's University-New York administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.