Conway, AR
University of Central Arkansas

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Central Arkansas

Brandon

My classmates seem to be very focused on their performance in class and participate regularly in discussions.

The advice I would give myself is to study harder for class and especially for the ACT. I would also teach myself better time management skills .

The worst thing about UCA is the technology department. Their equpiment is outdated and is not reliable, therefore causing our wireless network to be unpredictable.

The University of Central Arkansas is fun, educational, serious, caring, growing, and amazing with the best Physical Therapy program in the state of Arkansas, amazing athletic programs, awsome early childhood department,and gives a great opportunity for every student's future as a district one college.

If I could go back into time and talk to myself as a senior I would give an amazing amount of advice to myself. First, I would make sure to tell my Senior self to take college Algebra and Comp I since it is college credit and I could get it out of the way before my freshman year which would save money and time. The second point of advice would to study for the ACT more so that I would make a higher score and have more possibilies for scholarships since I stress financially everyday now as a college student. My third point of advice would be to make sure to take all of the hard AP classes so that is would better prepare me for my college courses and experiences. Oh, how I wish I would have signed up for AP Chemistry and Biology because I could have deffinetly used that knowlegde now. Last but not least, would be to not spend so much money because in the near future I will be scraping for change to just pay for a caffeinated drink to keep me awake while studying. Knowing these points of advice would have helped tremendously.

People that attend Universtiy of Central Arkansas should be hardworking, determined and have the goal of acheiving their best in their classes. Although some general eduation classes are easy, most classes are challenging and ready to make students think out of their normal box that they put their selves in daily. People that come to this universtiy should also be able to handle change because something changes daily here; whether its the University's websites, construction on campus, and most deffinetly the weather. People who are looking for a great education and experience should come to University of Central Arkansas.

Jelena

UCA is a great school for anyone rather it's studying, partying, or just experiencing college life!

This campus has a variety of students and groups which means anyone can attend and will feel right at home.

Brandie

The University of Central Arkansas is unique in that it is very diverse in cultures and backgrounds. This allows each student to interact with someone that is not of the same background as the other and hopefully learn new something along the way. Another unique feature about UCA is the school spirit. Everyone here is very dedicated and proud to be a UCA Bear!!

Going back to talk to myself as a high school senior, I would say "take advantage of the resources provided". There are many resources that I have found to be so helpful along my two and a half year journey at the University of Central Arkansas. These include the teachers/faculty, Academic services, Career services, Health center and many more. But I did not discover some of these resources until my second year of college. Had I known about these services earlier, I may have been in a better position to be more competitive with my peers. For example, the career services division has given me a lot of help with my resume, job hunting, and internships. All of these things are necessary in becoming a successful adult. Now that I am a junior, I am very glad that I have found these resources and will continue to use them to my advantage to strive for graduation and my career.

Sometimes faculty will give you the run around about a question you ask them instead of answering the question straight forward. This is frustrating especially for freshmen because they are new to the environment and really don't know the answer.

Karissa

There are guys and girls, big and small, but we all share the same dream - we are here to get an education, to better ourselves so we can go out and make a difference in our community.

Take a deep breath. Relax. Remember the nerves and worries about starting high school? What happpened? When you got there, how long did it take? About a week? And then everything was comfortable and safe. It's the same for college. You may be in shock upon arrival, but give college life a week or so and you will feel at home. Until then, remember every other freshman feels just as awkward and confused as you do, so don't be afraid to ask questions (chances are, they're wondering too!). Go ahead and get involved right at the start; it's the best way to make friends. I know everyone tells you this, but that's because it's true. I guess we think if we say it enough someone might listen. Please, believe it. Don't let college scare you, it's just another step, and high school has prepared you to take it.

My school recently had to cut back funding in a lot of areas, especially in grants and scholarships. The amount of full-rides available to students has been cut significantly. Money to travel abroad is now very limited. Many students rely on scholarships in order to complete their education; therefore, with this cut in funds, there will be students that won't be able to obtain a degree or will go in to debt in doing so.

Shelby

My school is predominantly white, with a boring band, horrible dance team, but very nice campus!

I would tell myself to take the ACT and/or SAT as SOON as possible and as many times as possible! I would tell myself to do a lot of college visits. I did not know about my college campus until I was a freshman on campus and now I am wanting to transfer and having to do the college visits as a sophomore. I would tell myself to keep my grades at all A's and B's because a good transcript is the key to college and I wish mine would have been better. Last, but not least I would tell myself to do as many scholarships as possible! I was somewhat lazy when it came to getting scholarships and now that I am in college I know how important they are!

That it is not equally diverse and that the advising would be so terrible.

As a high schooler I don't think I really understood how expensive college was and how my GPA would affect my financial aid. If I could go back and talk to myself as a high schooler, I would seriously tell myself to literally put all my effort into my work; don't procrastinate and settle with a bad grade because getting into a college is much easier with a good GPA. College life is more stressful and a lot more "adult" work but it makes you grow faster in maturity and I think you find your true friends in college. In high school I always thought that teachers were dumb and the work was pointless but thinking about it now, I would tell myself that the work and tests in high school are preparing me for college and I need to do it. The last point I would tell myself is that I'm going to get further and be more financially stable if I have a good career. If I don't try to do all my high school work to the best of my ability, in the long run its going to hurt me and my future.

Krystal

Although making mistakes is part of a learning process, one mistake I would alter would be not giving high school my all. During my senior year, I will admit, I slacked off a bit. It was not to the extent that others do, but when I did reach graduation, although my grades were decent, I wish I would have pushed myself harder. Through out school, I was the quiet girl in the corner of the room that always got As and fret when I saw anything otherwise. I know I am too hard on myself at times, but seeing that I had not aced my senior year really made me disappointed in myself. What bothered me about that C in Trigonometry was the fact that I knew I could have applied myself more. I know it sounds silly, but that actually hurt my self-esteem, and it was preventable. I would tell myself that you only have one shot at high school, so may the most of it and its resources.

Sydnie

My classmates are diverse.

My classmates are diverse.

If I could go back in time, I would tell myself to apply for as many scholarships as possible in order to save myself more money and to prevent getting into debt. I would also tell myself to relax and to stop stressing out because college really is a great opportunity and it is not as scary as one might think. I would let the high school me know that it is important to step out my comfort zone and to put myself out there. College is a fresh start and a chance to meet all kinds of new people. It is as exciting and fun as everyone says it is. The school work may be a little more difficult, but it is not so bad, especially because you get to pick your schedule and teachers. Lastly, I would tell myself to enjoy my senior year and that things only get better from here!

The worst thing about UCA is that it is hard for students to get involved. There are plenty of opportunities, but they are not always advertised well and personally, there are still many organizations that I just do not know anything about! Living in the residential dorms and joining a sorority has helped me to become more involved. However, I think it is still somewhat difficult to become involved on campus, especially as a freshman.

Tara

In my art classes I am surrounded by Artistic, free thinkers, in my education classes, my classmates are caring and committed to education and learning all they can to be effective teachers..

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to focus, work hard, and explore my career options. Unfortunately, I did not enjoy high school, so when I went to college the first time (in 1990), I was not successful. I would have viewed college differently than high school and I would have focused more on my studies and realized how important it is to make good grades. It took seventeen years, and three children before I realized that I needed to teach art. I certainly wish I had been more focused when I was a teenager, because it is much more difficult to attend college and take care of a family. Lastly, I would tell myself that I am not "dumb," and that I really can do anything I put my mind to! If it is possible to carry 18 hours, drive an 80 mile round trip daily, raise 3 active children and maintain a 4.0 GPA at 37, then I certainly could have done it when I was 18.

I tell people that most of the professors are very friendly and helpful, and the campus in general is accepting of non-traditional students, like myself.

University of Central Arkansas administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.