Conway, AR
University of Central Arkansas

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Central Arkansas

Shalisa

Study hard and work hard. But it's alright to socialize and have fun too. It's great to have balance in school and in life. Keep up the good work.

If you just want to party, don't attend this school.

Kahlon

The way the campus is designed and the buildings that make it what it is.

The way the campus is designed and the buildings that make it what it is.

I would tell myself to start looking for scholarships ASAP and find someone who is looking for the same things in life that I am that is willing to help. I would also tell myself to find a group of people to sociate with that are helpful and are serious about achieving their goals and making their dreams a reality. I would tell my senior self to develop better study habits and even encourage myself to sit on the first row in class so I know I am taking quality notes and that I am understanding what the teacher is teaching us. I would also tell myself not to worry as much because college is not so different as high school and my senior self would eventually see why I told him that.

That it was going to be hard to find scholarships to pay for my schooling.

Sara

Perhaps the new purple and gray field over the football field? Not exactly economically smart, I would say.

Take the concurent classes. Breathe--you'll make it through. It helps you insanely when you are applying for schools and increases your GPA like you won't believe.

The feeling that there is too much to be dont beofre the end of the semester--a (good) paper per semester is one thing. Five per semester is completely different, especially when nearly each is completed with a different page requirement between 4 and 25 pages.

Kenya

The University of Central Arkansas is a multicultural splash of diversity in a quaint but modern Arkansan city, a place of comfort where you are still taught the importance of getting out of your comfort zone, one of the few quality Arkansas universities that offers a variety of programs, an open-minded, innovative stronghold that always seeks for improvement for the sake of its students, a community that challenges, nurtures, prepares, entertains, and teaches all at once.

My school has several aspects that make it a popular choice among Arkansas students, as well as those out-of-state and abroad. It has one of the leading southern U.S. medical programs. It is the only university in the state that offers Linguistics as a major. Its sports teams are well-trained and highly competitive. The buildings are often renovated to enable more room for prospective students. Nearly every other year there is a new area of study being added. Just last semester a committee was established to create a TESOL minor and Korean as a language option.

Don't rush the decision, but don't overthink it either. That's the first thing I would tell my senior self. There are hundreds of colleges and universities in the U.S. alone, and all of them are excellent institutions in their own ways. Find the one that really stands out to you, the one in which you immediately imagine already walking and living on that campus, knowing you truly belong and that it's meant to be. It's okay to be indecisive about the process, and it's okay to change your mind as soon as you arrive on campus, or even in the middle of your college career. The cool thing about colleges is that you never have to worry about finding a place for yourself. Colleges are so diverse and welcoming these days, that it's always possible to march to the own beat of your drum, and people will understand what you're about. When you go to college, it's like having a miniature version of the world at your disposal, in every fathomable way. Take advantage of this every single moment! I guarantee it will be an experience worth the money.

Twighla

There are all age ranges, sexes, and diverse groups of religious orrientation and culture.

I was such a dummy back then. I didn’t pay close enough attention in class, understand the importantance of a good education, and I didn’t have the desire to finish college. In thinking back as to high school, here are a few words of advice about starting school and finishing. Pay close attention. The basics are what carry you through school. Dig deep down within yourself to find the want and desire to have an education behind you. Your education is the root system of your life; it provides the strength to overcome adversity. You are a true individual when you strive towards your goals and you are no longer just a follower. If I had only realized back then how much my education would have been helpful now, I would have had a much easier time of it now. Being blind to the possibilities that would have been available to me, I am now struggling to complete my goal. I now know if we set our mind to the mission at hand and press forward, we can do anything, and that includes finishing our education at a higher level. Thanks high school self for listening

The worst thing about my school is that even though i love it's size, sometimes it's too big in the sense i don't always know about all the activities that are going on across campus that are free events set up for the students.

samantha

If I could tell my highschool self anything it would be, do not worry life and school get better. You will have to work harder, but it will be towards a life for your new baby girl and it will all be worth it. I would also like to say that the social life is better in college, there will be no more eating lunch and roaming around alone. Best of all, all of the stress you feel will all go away after you PASS each assignment.

I learned enough about it through the website and friends who have gone here, I was not blindsided by anything. I knew it would be hard and expensive, but a fun experience.

I always tell them how efficient their financial aid and teachers are. I also love the fun atmosphere and the variety of choices on campus from food to the classes.

Leanne

During my freshman year, the typical telephone conversation with my mother progressed in the following format:Me: "Hi, Mom (tears)"Mom: "Have you gotten enough sleep?"According to the National Sleep Foundation, 63% of college students do not receive enough sleep. Sleep deprivation has been linked to a variety of physical, mental, and emotional health problems including depression, weight gain, irritability, and headaches. Although the amount of sleep needed for every person is different, it has been found that students who sleep 7-8 hours receive higher GPA's, have fewer emotional/mental issues, and have better memory retention.Looking back at the times when I was confronted with a problem and felt anxious or overwhelmed, the best solution was always to go to bed and "sleep on it." The morning always seemed to bring a sense of calm and clarity to the situation, and I was able to rationally evaluate or creatively solve my predicament. If I could give one piece of advice, it is that a good night's rest is priceless.

The worst thing about my school is the lack of interdisciplinary interaction. I would love to see the different departments and "majors" at the university collaborating and working on projects together. Ideas should not be confined to a "building" or department, and I believe more sharing and interaction between disciplines could bring about great things for the university, community, and world.

The University of Central Arkansas is ideal for a student that wants a well-rounded education; in addition to the rigorous courses of one's major field, the university offers a thorough general education compenent. It offers the practical student a stimulating and engaging education for a great price.

Cameron

I would tell myself to get involved in the community more. Find something that interests you and stick with it the entire year. Community service teaches you time management, discipline, goal-setting, and the value of helping others. In high school, I have always been very studious in my academics, taking a bunch of honors and AP classes and graduating with an over-4.0 GPA. But I never knew the great importance of being a well-rounded person when it came to showing yourself off to the college admissions committees. I had the mindset that my relatively high grades would get me into my top-choice univeristy. Establishing yourself as a well-rounded person shouldn't just be about getting into a prestigious university, it should be about finding what you love to do. Get involved in community service, clubs, or sports because you want to, not because it looks fantastic on your college application. Your own initiation, not your thinking solely about whether you will impress an admissions officer, will translate into a passionate story that will be sure to make you stand out in the selection process. So do what you love, and have fun doing it.

DwaLisa

Dear Younger me, Your not ready. Listen to the adults around you because you don't know it all. Those who are trying to help you, LET THEM. The friends you think you have are most likely aren't going to be there at the end of your journey. When you start working towards your career they're only going to get in the way. Your so ready to get out the house and be on your own, trust me your only getting your feet wet you still need help getting on your feet before you're able to walk alone. The transition to college is a great experience but dont get caught up in the partylife it will still be there. You think you can handle the night/early mornings when it's time for the a.m. classes you're going to regret it. GO TO CLASS your going to look at those days they give you and your going to hit that limit faster than you think. All that I am saying is that college is the start of a wonderful journey don't mess it up before you even starts. Love, Future You.

I feel that the University of Central Arkansas is the place for anyone who is comfortable enough to call this place home. I will say it's nothing like you would ex[ect. I've have many good and bad times here on campus. The home of University of Central Arkansas is definitely what you make it.

The most frustrating thing about my school to me is that just trying to satify each instructor. They are all different but its also helpful in learning to work with different people.

University of Central Arkansas administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.