Edmond, OK
University of Central Oklahoma

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Central Oklahoma

TaVon

If i could go back in time to give advice to myself, I would tell myself that I have to separate fun time from study time. It is hard to succeed in college if you party more than you study. You also have to know how to study. It would be better to study for periods of time instead of one big study session. You must also go over the notes and read the books mutliple times. College is not all about studying though. You will have a lot of time to hang out with your friends and party on the weekends. Don't do it too much though. If you fall behind in classes it is very hard to catch up. Schedule your classes around a time where you will perform your best in the classroom. If your not a morning person then schedule your classes in the afternoon or evening. Showing up late to classes can hurt your grade. Especially if there is a quiz at the begining of class. Remember, have fun in college but remember what you are there for. The main goal is to get that degree. Stay focused and good luck.

I would say to apply for more scholarships, beacuse it is very difficult to do eighteen hours of classes and a twenty hour work study job. You do not have to worry about fitting in, this is not like high school where there is a "popular crowd". Everyone here is so different from one another that it works. Do not stress about clarinet auditions, they only happen once a semester. And above all, be happy. College is the best thing you will experience as of yet.

To attend UCO, you must be open to diversity. A good percentage of the student population are foreighn exchange students, in training for the paraolympics, etc. The campus is flooded with different languages, accents, and cultures. If you love this kind of atmosphere, this would be a great school to look into.

Shannon

Please believe in yourself and your dreams. You can do anything if you stay focussed on your goals. Don't let friends or family talk you out of your dreams because they think they know you better than yourself. Only you know what is in your heart. Take the time to reflect on yuour choices to be sure they will help you achieve what it is you want. It's O.K. to let your hair down once in a while, but you have to get right back in the ring and keep fighting for your dreams. Try not to get too bogged down in debt by your education and don't let the price tag keep you from pursuing your higher education. Apply for scholarships! Ask for help if you don't already know how to do so. Most importantly be true to yourself and your values. College should be the best time of your life. Explore your options. You can't know what you want if you don't know what is out there!

Molly

I wouldn't give much advice except for to let myself know that it's only school and to not get overly stressed. I thought college was going to be this big, scary monster, and I really let it hold me back my first semester. If that's the advice I could give myself and all incoming freshmen, I would give it a million times over.

An open minded, laid back person who is supportive or indifferent to different cultures and orientations of people. Someone who seeks smaller classroom sizes with more one-on-one time with professors and a more personal education.

It is a fairly liberal school in Oklahoma, with many different kinds of people. The classroom sizes are smaller so you are able to receive more attention from professors if you seek it. Most of the people attending are outgoing and friendly, typically open minded individuals. The campus is beautiful without being too big and spread out.

Drew

My classmates are very diverse and most of them will help you of they can.

My classmates are very diverse and most of them will help you of they can.

Get back in the chair and learn a lot more math. Learn Algebra, Trigonometry, and Calculus like the back of your hand and then get into the sciences. Stop focusing on what you think so much because it narrows your vision of how things work in the world.

Someone looking to get a degree in liberal studies. The math department is getting better but took a major dive this past year.

Heather

The class sizes were small and you had majority of the same students block through your major classes with you. You got to know your classmates well.

It was that holy cow moment; I realized that in just two years I would be graduating college. What was going to happen to me after that diploma? Would I continue to spend hours watching reruns on TV, playing volleyball with frat boys, and checking Facebook every half hour? It was time to redirect my focus; my whole future was ahead of me and I had all intentions of making it a successful one. My adult mindset took front seat; I began a conservative financial plan and a future focus education, I finally understood their importance. My regret, why did I wait to practice this frame of mind? I would love to chat with my 18 year old self; I would simplify what took years to learn: 1. Don’t spend money frivolously, most stuff you won’t want in a year, save instead. 2. Start internships early. Practice networking and relationships because those will be valuable in the end. 3. Focus on what is important now, why wait? How were any actions of my younger self of relevance to my future? Well here it is again, that holy cow moment, because everything you do can reflect a brighter future.

Joshua

Nothing will ever be as simple as it is today. Once highschool is over everything will change. School will become very important and will be taken into consideration in everything you do. Do not ever take this time for granted and enjoy the time you have with your family because when you move away to college you will miss them, no exceptions. College life is exhausting, you will eat the same cheap food everyday and sleep in a tiny bed in a tiny room. This might sound scary or upsetting but it is not all bad. All in all college is great. It is a wonderful place where you will meet new wonderful people as well as familiar ones that you will spend time with all going through the same experiences. At your home away from home friends are who you have to rely on. When you get down and need some help they will be there because you will be there for them when they need you. Have fun and enjoy yourself but keep on top of you work because school is your future and the better you do in school the better your life will be.

Kasi

Very goal orriented people.

Very goal orriented people.

Small campus with a big University mentality. Very caring faculty and staff.

I would have told myself to do a better job of seeking scholarships and other financial aid. I also would have told myself to get involved with more organizations as a Freshman & to utilize the tutors available.

Cynthia

All round, has pretty amazing professors who are willing to help, campus is beautiful, people are very friendly there, and class sizes are the perfect size!

I would tell myself to apply for many many many scholarships because finding a job is not easy and scholarships are not just handed down without working for them. Finances play a big role in attending college, especially if you are going to live on campus. I would also tell myself that the transition is hard at first, but change is a good thing. Make many friends and really study for classes, even if that means meeting up with other people from class. If the best you could do was a C in a class, take that and move on becaus as long as you gave your best, it doesn't really matter. Just make sure you work harder in your other classes to make up for the C. I would definitely tell myself to make sure I had a job so that way my parents would not constantly remind me that I need a job. Work hard in all you do and have fun as well. Live life to the fullest and be prepared for a challenge.

The worst thing is that the school doesn't give out very many scholarships. It is a very good school, it just does not have sufficient funding for prospective students. Most of the funds that they do get goes toward athletics.

University of Central Oklahoma administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.