Edmond, OK
University of Central Oklahoma

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Central Oklahoma

Meagan

College has taught me respect for myself and to utilize my ability to the best that I can. It has also showed me that if I work hard enough that I can have my dreams and be happy doing it. Without college I would not have the knowledge of how to live life and how to respect myself as well as others. I use to think of life as re-liveable, but everyone needs to live life to the fullest and never look back just leap forward. If I could reach just one young person and make a difference, I would want them to know not to abuse their future (be AMBITIOUS), live it like you were going to be gone tomorrow and never give up on your dreams. Because what is life without dreams or ambitions?

The worst thing is that it is a huge commuter school with little parking. If I would have known more when I enrolled I would have moved into the housing on campus to get to know people easier and that way it would have been easier making friends, now I live off campus and commute ever day and it is a pain.

Some that doesn't want to be interactive within the school itself also someone that doesn't really want to do work or study because if you just want to drink and party you will not pass the class with good grades, you might not pass at all.

Robbi

My classmates are always smiling and helpful.

My classmates are always smiling and helpful.

I have learned that no matter what happens I must hold my head high and be proud of what I have done. Show others around me that I am a striving college student. College is a new and exciting new chapter in my life. As first it was really rough with my kidney problems and hospital visits, but I am now on track and I treasure moment I am here. I was once told that knowledge is power. I truly believe that statement. I believe with knowledge anything could happen. I believe with the education I am recieving I will hold great power to be a leader and help others in this world to doing and becoming great.

A person shouldn't attend this school if they do not like closeness with their professors or small class sizes. A person shouldn't attend this school if they like getting lost in a crowd and rather be a number than a name. A person should not attend here if they do not enjoy kindness of other people. A person should not attend here if they enjoy not ever recieving help. A person should however attend here if they want all of these things.

Matthew

College has shaped me into a much more well-rounded person. It has given me the knowledge and direction necessary to proceed through life as a more integral part of society. The college experience has taught me much about myself as well as others, and I am thankful for the privledge to be a part of such an incredible community of instructors and learners. The value of college is unforgettable. I have bonded with extraordinary people, and I have found that my academic success has been more significant because of those bonds. College has taught me to work harder, study more, and keep myself more disciplined in many aspects of my life. I've grown to understand the unique challenge of balancing class time, study time, work time, and free time. Through it all, I've learned that dedication to academia is not always easy, but to achieve substantial success, I must concentrate on completing the next immediate task and persevere regardless of any obstacle that may arise.

Danielle

University of Central Oklahoma has a small campus with personal instructors that care about your future and are willing to spend time with their students in order to help themr each their academic goals.

I am currently attending the first semester of my freshman year as a 29 year old student. My experience so far seems limited as I'm always looking at the bigger picture, but it has been very good. I have come to know some truly amazing teachers and form friendships with them, as well as meeting younger students that look to me for direction. The most valuable personal aspect has been meeting other non-traditional adult students and gaining support through those friendships. Academically the teaching style of the professors I have has been very hands on and easy to understand. They truly teach for the student instead of at the student. This has been valuable for me because jumping into a large institution with classes in packed lecture halls is very intimidating for me easing into my education again after ten years. I believe this was the perfect choice for me academically and personally. I have experienced nothing but good things every day on campus.

The only thing I wish I had known was how extensive and time consuming the enrollment process can be for an incoming freshman, so be patient because you will only see benefits after those first two weeks.

Kara

University of Central Oklahoma is a welcoming and caring campus filled with teachers, faculty, and students who truly care about one another.

My college experience has been great. I have made plenty of new friends that truely care about me and hope nothing but the best for me. All my teachers are amazing! We have a maximum of fifty kids per class so it makes it easy for the teacher and student to get to know eachother better. Coming into this experience i expected for college to be a little bit easier, but with a full load of classes and work life gets pretty stressful. I've learned over the learned over the last couple of months that you arent always going to have someone sit there and baby you, and as much as i don't want it, it's time step up on my own and experience the real world as an adult. College shapes who you are and what your going to become and even though its just the beginning i am going to make the best of my situations!

The most frustrating thing about UCO is that your freshman year, you arent assigned to one advisor. If you need to go see an advisor or councelor for something you could meet with a number of people, so its hard to get to know them and vise versa.

Leslie

I am a single mother of 2 boys, aged 2 and 3. They have changed my entire world. When I graduated high school in 2002, I went on to attend college because, well, that's what you do when you graduate high school. I didn't have a drive for schoolwork because I didn't know what I wanted to do with my life. I then was granted the privilege of becoming a mother, and took time off from being a student to attend to my life as a homemaker. This all worked for me until I divorced and became a single mom. I kept my head high and decided that I would finish my education and get my BA so that my children didn't have to be raised by a waitress. I have since started back up, and am absolutely loving school now! I am going to get my degree in Social Work, so that I can help other families that are in need of assistance. I have a huge passion for this, and that is why I am excelling in my classes. I have such an important reason for graduating. My beautiful family.

Eric

Some excited about college. Some bored with college. Most working and attending college.

I am learning to live on my own and manage my own time. With college classes, university color guard, and working as a color guard instructor at a local high school, my schedule is busy and stressful. Living in a dorm is stressful. Trying to live with a very limited income is stressful. Finishing college is still my goal.

Jamie

My college experience so far has been valuable in many ways. I have learned more about myself. I have gained a new appreciation for education and I have decided on my life's work. I learned that I was stronger than I thought and able to overcome challenges on my own. I learned that all the things that parents and educators had told me in the past about the importance of a good education, study skills, and work ethic were all right on the mark. The most valuable thing I have gained from my college experience so far is that I am so excited about becoming an Early Education teacher. I want to learn all I can about the field of education, I want to experience an elementary classroom and I want to be the best Early Childhood teacher ever. I have always loved children and cannot wait to be a part of their first experience with education. Hopefully I can instill in them a love for learning that will last them a lifetime.

The worst thing about UCO is that their is not much participation in student organizations and activities. This makes it very hard to ever feel apart of the school or campus life. I guess it is just a result of UCO being more of a commuter college where students just come to class and then go back home to their parents, or families and other jobs and activities.

I would not advise students who come from a small town , very close to their families, shy or not use to large cities to come to the University of Central Oklahoma. It is a fairly large commuter college with not alot of student life. Students who do live on campus come from upper class families and are not that interested in making friends with outsiders. Edmond is a fairly large city and anyone not used to driving or comfortable getting around in a large city might not want to come to UCO.

Justin

Gorgeous campus, very lively, always something to do. one of the oldest campuses in Oklahoma

Classmates are great, very helpful and willing to branch out and meet new people. very willing to form a study group which is awesome, and you meet new people everyday and you'll love it.

My college experience has been unbelievable, meeting a whole new group of friends after leaving my high school friends after 10 years so it was really hard, but moving to UCO was the best decision i have ever made and i wouldnt take anything back for the life of me.

Darby

I have made lifelong friends, as well as my husband, at UCO. I feel as though all of my professors would be willing to help me out in any ways that they could, even after I graduate. The class sizes are small, so you really get to know the professors and the other students. I attended another state university before transferring to UCO. My experience at the other university did not seem personal; it seemed much more lonely. My experience at UCO has been truly priceless. I would have begun my college career at UCO if I had known the differences between the two schools beforehand.

I love UCO because the professors really care about their students. Also, each student is able to be themselves, without being judged. The student body is very diverse.

I wish I had known how great UCO really is. Growing up in Oklahoma City, I thought it was more just like a community college. UCO is a great school, and I wouldn't have gone anone else! The class sizes are smaller, so it is easier to adjust and get to know people.

University of Central Oklahoma administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.