Edmond, OK
University of Central Oklahoma

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Central Oklahoma

Eric

Take as many challenging courses as possible while in high school. Take ACT/SAT prep workshops to improve test scores to increase chances for scholarships. Learn how to balance academic and social life better.

Trying to work and go to school full time is frustrating.

Ashlea

The University of Central Oklahoma is a great school to grow in.

The University of Central Oklahoma is a great school to grow in.

Each person is different., some are outgoing, some are quiet, but almost always all are genuinely nice.

The growth experiance from my college is invaluable. There are most definitely not any precise words to describe the transition. Thanks to my college I have grown into the woman I have always wanted to be and am still growing. College has tested my faith, my relationships, my integrity, and always my knowledge. My college is a great place to grow.

Jordan

Everyone is really friendly. They are all open to helping each other out! I like them all.

I have learned a lot in college. The biggest things are to study, get invovled, and don't give up. I have been blessed with wonderful teachers and friends that I have met out here. I am getting a wonderful education that is going to be very helpful in the future.

A little bit of everyone comes to UCO. Its a good school for people who don't want to go to a huge school but also don't want to go to a small school. There is everything from business to teaching to dance and preforming arts.

Torrie

I have gotten so much out of my college experience so far! I chose to attend college in order to find out what I'd really like to do career wise, get a degree, and of course, be able to get a better job. I've met so many amazing people who have had a great impact on my life and will always be my friends. Through my part time job on campus I am learning more about what I can do with my major and it's helping me figure out what I would enjoy doing as a career. I was in a sorority but unfortunately had to drop because of finances, however during my time in it I made many friends and got much more involved on campus and around the community. These are just a few of the many reasons why I believe it is very valuable to go to college. Not only for the academics but also for the networking, friends, and opportunities to become a more well-rounded person though campus activites, volunteering, jobs and various other things. My college experience has been great so far and I believe it will continue to be.

The worst thing about my school is the internet connection. On campus computers it's great, but on laptops you have to log in to their network and sometimes it takes forever to connect or may not even connect at all, and occasionally it will kick you off and make you sign in again which is extrememly frustrating. It usually works just fine but when it isn't working it's terrible.

Everything! However the best thing may just be the campus in general. It's a big school with a small feeling, the class size is perfect, it's always neat and clean and I have yet to meet a faculty or staff member who isn't super nice. It's a pretty place with tons of friendly people and I love it!

G-Coty

I have learned a lot due to my college experience this year. Many students go off to college, and believe since they have no real authority figure around, that they can slack off and not go to class. I had to learn how to be responsible enough to attend all six of my classes and also set time out to study each day. I believe I grew into a more serious person who set goals to accomplish and also concurred most of my fears. As a out-of-state student my most valuable experience was learning to be independent. Though many individuals might not find this important while in college, I believe that it is. Being in college is one step closer to having a career and being out on your on. That is what I learned from my college experience at the University of Central Oklahoma.

I believe the best thing about the University of Central Oklahoma is the activities that goes on. My school host a lot of school activities and famous artist also come to perform. There is always something educational and fun to do on campus during the weekends, and as a out-of-state student I always feel welcomed to join clubs and participant in things.

I believe the worst thing about the University of Central Oklahoma is how hard it would be to talk to your academic advisor. Though you can call and make an appointment you still have to wait and sometime you might not get to see one because they only see a certain number a day. Many times you call and call but continuously get placed on hold and never get through, so that is what I believe is the worst thing about my college.

Cara

My college experience so far has been better than I could have ever expected it to be. I have learned so much about myself with the help of different professors pushing me to be better, and also with the help from the friendships that I have made. I feel that if I would have attended any other college, I would not have had nearly the same experiences that I have had, and I am very thankful for that. The different organizations that I am apart of at the University of Central Oklahoma have helped me to learn different life long qualities about myself, such as how to be a good friend, how to be responsible for my actions, and also how to manage both my time and money efficiently. My college experience so far has been very valuable with buliding me into the person that I want to be.

I wish that I would have known what I wanted to do. I wasted a whole year taking classes that do not pertain to what I want to do with my life, and those classes also made my GPA lower than what it could be.

The worst thing about the university that I attend is that it is a "commuter" college. Most of the students are people who already have families, or who do not wish to participate in college activities and live off campus. This makes the student activity number lower than it should be for how many students attend the University of Central Oklahoma.

Meagan

College has taught me respect for myself and to utilize my ability to the best that I can. It has also showed me that if I work hard enough that I can have my dreams and be happy doing it. Without college I would not have the knowledge of how to live life and how to respect myself as well as others. I use to think of life as re-liveable, but everyone needs to live life to the fullest and never look back just leap forward. If I could reach just one young person and make a difference, I would want them to know not to abuse their future (be AMBITIOUS), live it like you were going to be gone tomorrow and never give up on your dreams. Because what is life without dreams or ambitions?

The worst thing is that it is a huge commuter school with little parking. If I would have known more when I enrolled I would have moved into the housing on campus to get to know people easier and that way it would have been easier making friends, now I live off campus and commute ever day and it is a pain.

Some that doesn't want to be interactive within the school itself also someone that doesn't really want to do work or study because if you just want to drink and party you will not pass the class with good grades, you might not pass at all.

Robbi

My classmates are always smiling and helpful.

My classmates are always smiling and helpful.

I have learned that no matter what happens I must hold my head high and be proud of what I have done. Show others around me that I am a striving college student. College is a new and exciting new chapter in my life. As first it was really rough with my kidney problems and hospital visits, but I am now on track and I treasure moment I am here. I was once told that knowledge is power. I truly believe that statement. I believe with knowledge anything could happen. I believe with the education I am recieving I will hold great power to be a leader and help others in this world to doing and becoming great.

A person shouldn't attend this school if they do not like closeness with their professors or small class sizes. A person shouldn't attend this school if they like getting lost in a crowd and rather be a number than a name. A person should not attend here if they do not enjoy kindness of other people. A person should not attend here if they enjoy not ever recieving help. A person should however attend here if they want all of these things.

Matthew

College has shaped me into a much more well-rounded person. It has given me the knowledge and direction necessary to proceed through life as a more integral part of society. The college experience has taught me much about myself as well as others, and I am thankful for the privledge to be a part of such an incredible community of instructors and learners. The value of college is unforgettable. I have bonded with extraordinary people, and I have found that my academic success has been more significant because of those bonds. College has taught me to work harder, study more, and keep myself more disciplined in many aspects of my life. I've grown to understand the unique challenge of balancing class time, study time, work time, and free time. Through it all, I've learned that dedication to academia is not always easy, but to achieve substantial success, I must concentrate on completing the next immediate task and persevere regardless of any obstacle that may arise.

Danielle

University of Central Oklahoma has a small campus with personal instructors that care about your future and are willing to spend time with their students in order to help themr each their academic goals.

I am currently attending the first semester of my freshman year as a 29 year old student. My experience so far seems limited as I'm always looking at the bigger picture, but it has been very good. I have come to know some truly amazing teachers and form friendships with them, as well as meeting younger students that look to me for direction. The most valuable personal aspect has been meeting other non-traditional adult students and gaining support through those friendships. Academically the teaching style of the professors I have has been very hands on and easy to understand. They truly teach for the student instead of at the student. This has been valuable for me because jumping into a large institution with classes in packed lecture halls is very intimidating for me easing into my education again after ten years. I believe this was the perfect choice for me academically and personally. I have experienced nothing but good things every day on campus.

The only thing I wish I had known was how extensive and time consuming the enrollment process can be for an incoming freshman, so be patient because you will only see benefits after those first two weeks.

University of Central Oklahoma administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.