Edmond, OK
University of Central Oklahoma

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Central Oklahoma

Kara

University of Central Oklahoma is a welcoming and caring campus filled with teachers, faculty, and students who truly care about one another.

My college experience has been great. I have made plenty of new friends that truely care about me and hope nothing but the best for me. All my teachers are amazing! We have a maximum of fifty kids per class so it makes it easy for the teacher and student to get to know eachother better. Coming into this experience i expected for college to be a little bit easier, but with a full load of classes and work life gets pretty stressful. I've learned over the learned over the last couple of months that you arent always going to have someone sit there and baby you, and as much as i don't want it, it's time step up on my own and experience the real world as an adult. College shapes who you are and what your going to become and even though its just the beginning i am going to make the best of my situations!

The most frustrating thing about UCO is that your freshman year, you arent assigned to one advisor. If you need to go see an advisor or councelor for something you could meet with a number of people, so its hard to get to know them and vise versa.

Leslie

I am a single mother of 2 boys, aged 2 and 3. They have changed my entire world. When I graduated high school in 2002, I went on to attend college because, well, that's what you do when you graduate high school. I didn't have a drive for schoolwork because I didn't know what I wanted to do with my life. I then was granted the privilege of becoming a mother, and took time off from being a student to attend to my life as a homemaker. This all worked for me until I divorced and became a single mom. I kept my head high and decided that I would finish my education and get my BA so that my children didn't have to be raised by a waitress. I have since started back up, and am absolutely loving school now! I am going to get my degree in Social Work, so that I can help other families that are in need of assistance. I have a huge passion for this, and that is why I am excelling in my classes. I have such an important reason for graduating. My beautiful family.

Eric

Some excited about college. Some bored with college. Most working and attending college.

I am learning to live on my own and manage my own time. With college classes, university color guard, and working as a color guard instructor at a local high school, my schedule is busy and stressful. Living in a dorm is stressful. Trying to live with a very limited income is stressful. Finishing college is still my goal.

Jamie

My college experience so far has been valuable in many ways. I have learned more about myself. I have gained a new appreciation for education and I have decided on my life's work. I learned that I was stronger than I thought and able to overcome challenges on my own. I learned that all the things that parents and educators had told me in the past about the importance of a good education, study skills, and work ethic were all right on the mark. The most valuable thing I have gained from my college experience so far is that I am so excited about becoming an Early Education teacher. I want to learn all I can about the field of education, I want to experience an elementary classroom and I want to be the best Early Childhood teacher ever. I have always loved children and cannot wait to be a part of their first experience with education. Hopefully I can instill in them a love for learning that will last them a lifetime.

The worst thing about UCO is that their is not much participation in student organizations and activities. This makes it very hard to ever feel apart of the school or campus life. I guess it is just a result of UCO being more of a commuter college where students just come to class and then go back home to their parents, or families and other jobs and activities.

I would not advise students who come from a small town , very close to their families, shy or not use to large cities to come to the University of Central Oklahoma. It is a fairly large commuter college with not alot of student life. Students who do live on campus come from upper class families and are not that interested in making friends with outsiders. Edmond is a fairly large city and anyone not used to driving or comfortable getting around in a large city might not want to come to UCO.

Justin

Gorgeous campus, very lively, always something to do. one of the oldest campuses in Oklahoma

Classmates are great, very helpful and willing to branch out and meet new people. very willing to form a study group which is awesome, and you meet new people everyday and you'll love it.

My college experience has been unbelievable, meeting a whole new group of friends after leaving my high school friends after 10 years so it was really hard, but moving to UCO was the best decision i have ever made and i wouldnt take anything back for the life of me.

Darby

I have made lifelong friends, as well as my husband, at UCO. I feel as though all of my professors would be willing to help me out in any ways that they could, even after I graduate. The class sizes are small, so you really get to know the professors and the other students. I attended another state university before transferring to UCO. My experience at the other university did not seem personal; it seemed much more lonely. My experience at UCO has been truly priceless. I would have begun my college career at UCO if I had known the differences between the two schools beforehand.

I love UCO because the professors really care about their students. Also, each student is able to be themselves, without being judged. The student body is very diverse.

I wish I had known how great UCO really is. Growing up in Oklahoma City, I thought it was more just like a community college. UCO is a great school, and I wouldn't have gone anone else! The class sizes are smaller, so it is easier to adjust and get to know people.

DAVID

THE TEACHER EDUCATION DEPARTMENT

THE TEACHER EDUCATION DEPARTMENT

I SPENT EIGHT YEARS IN THE MILITARY BEFORE COMING TO COLLEGE, AND HAVE FOUND MUCH OF THE SAME COMRADESHIP AMONG, AT LEAST OTHER HISTORY MAJORS, AT THE SCHOOL AS I DID IN THE MARINE CORPS. EVERYONE IS WILLING TO GO OUT OF THEIR WAY TO HELP EACH OTHER. I WILL BE ABLE TO EARN MY BACHELORS DEGREE AFTER ONLY ABOUT THREE YEARS, AND WILL BE ABLE TO ENTER THE WORKFORCE AS A TEACHER SOON THEREAFTER.

WE HAVE ONE OF THE BEST TEACHER EDUCATION PROGRAMS IN THE COUNTRY, AND THE SCHOOL IS LARGE ENOUGH TO BE ABLE TO PROVIDE THE HELP STUDENTS NEED IN MOST CASES, BUT STILL SMALL ENOUGH THAT IT FEELS LIKE A PERSONAL EXPERIENCE WITH FRIENDS.

Josh

I strongly believe that college is necessary to succeed in today?s society. The job market is very competitive and if you are not prepared for the real world you will struggle to stay ahead. My first year of college has really opened my eyes and shown me how fast I am expected to learn. Classes are very well organized and everyday is something new to discover. Although it is challenging to stay on top of my classes and maintain a 3.5 GPA, I know I can strive in my classes as long as I am enjoying what I am learning and know I am enhancing my knowledge. I plan on getting a four year degree in criminal justice and becoming a police officer. I am now enrolled in a criminal justice class at my college. It's a class I look forward to every week. I am able to thoroughly understand the curriculum because I am able to stay focused and I enjoy what I am learning. The fact that what I am learning is crucial information I will be using when I am a police officer motivates me even more to succeed and do my very best.

Alisha

My college experience is an amazing journey that has helped me stick my foot in the door of life. From relevant classes to flexible schedules, college has truly changed the way I view education. College has made me more outspoken and determined in every aspect of my life, including work, family, and decision-making. I have learned that school expenses remain a constant variable in any career path, but being able to strive for excellence is a quality that not many individuals retain. College has enriched my mind with information about the world, allowing me to set goals for myself and recognize the necessary steps in order to obtain them. As a young Hispanic woman, attending college is emotionally and financially rewarding. Seeing my parent's eyes as I reached for my diploma was enough to make me want to succeed for the rest of my life. Not only am I concerned about my future, but for the underprivileged minorities in the United States as well. For them, college education seems as if it were on another planet. My goal as a woman is to educate others so that they may accomplish their dreams and create a more peaceful world.

Derek

The University of Central Oklahoma is a great university to grow in, not only does it give you a genuine college experience, but you still have the feel of your hometown.

The University of Central Oklahoma is best known for it's forensic science department.

I have received quite a lot from my college experience. My time in college has taught me to be an individual and to really come out of your shell. Many other factors contribute to my college experience, however these are the most prevalent. Once I entered college my freshman year, it was obvious that everyone had their own way of doing things. Everyone either had his or her own friends or just kept to themselves. Whichever path taken, everybody in my college is unique. My college is also very accomidating to each individual's personality or hobbies. No matter what your background, there is a place for you. In highschool I had trouble coming out of my shell because I knew everyone and I never had to introduce myself to someone new everyday an engage on my own will into a conversation with someone who I had never met before. The university also requires a public speaking class, which at first scared me to death. I am now taking the class and look forward to my next speech. I can't wait to find who I'm truly meant to be through my college experience.

University of Central Oklahoma administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.