Edmond, OK
University of Central Oklahoma

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Central Oklahoma

DAVID

THE TEACHER EDUCATION DEPARTMENT

THE TEACHER EDUCATION DEPARTMENT

I SPENT EIGHT YEARS IN THE MILITARY BEFORE COMING TO COLLEGE, AND HAVE FOUND MUCH OF THE SAME COMRADESHIP AMONG, AT LEAST OTHER HISTORY MAJORS, AT THE SCHOOL AS I DID IN THE MARINE CORPS. EVERYONE IS WILLING TO GO OUT OF THEIR WAY TO HELP EACH OTHER. I WILL BE ABLE TO EARN MY BACHELORS DEGREE AFTER ONLY ABOUT THREE YEARS, AND WILL BE ABLE TO ENTER THE WORKFORCE AS A TEACHER SOON THEREAFTER.

WE HAVE ONE OF THE BEST TEACHER EDUCATION PROGRAMS IN THE COUNTRY, AND THE SCHOOL IS LARGE ENOUGH TO BE ABLE TO PROVIDE THE HELP STUDENTS NEED IN MOST CASES, BUT STILL SMALL ENOUGH THAT IT FEELS LIKE A PERSONAL EXPERIENCE WITH FRIENDS.

Josh

I strongly believe that college is necessary to succeed in today?s society. The job market is very competitive and if you are not prepared for the real world you will struggle to stay ahead. My first year of college has really opened my eyes and shown me how fast I am expected to learn. Classes are very well organized and everyday is something new to discover. Although it is challenging to stay on top of my classes and maintain a 3.5 GPA, I know I can strive in my classes as long as I am enjoying what I am learning and know I am enhancing my knowledge. I plan on getting a four year degree in criminal justice and becoming a police officer. I am now enrolled in a criminal justice class at my college. It's a class I look forward to every week. I am able to thoroughly understand the curriculum because I am able to stay focused and I enjoy what I am learning. The fact that what I am learning is crucial information I will be using when I am a police officer motivates me even more to succeed and do my very best.

Alisha

My college experience is an amazing journey that has helped me stick my foot in the door of life. From relevant classes to flexible schedules, college has truly changed the way I view education. College has made me more outspoken and determined in every aspect of my life, including work, family, and decision-making. I have learned that school expenses remain a constant variable in any career path, but being able to strive for excellence is a quality that not many individuals retain. College has enriched my mind with information about the world, allowing me to set goals for myself and recognize the necessary steps in order to obtain them. As a young Hispanic woman, attending college is emotionally and financially rewarding. Seeing my parent's eyes as I reached for my diploma was enough to make me want to succeed for the rest of my life. Not only am I concerned about my future, but for the underprivileged minorities in the United States as well. For them, college education seems as if it were on another planet. My goal as a woman is to educate others so that they may accomplish their dreams and create a more peaceful world.

Derek

The University of Central Oklahoma is a great university to grow in, not only does it give you a genuine college experience, but you still have the feel of your hometown.

The University of Central Oklahoma is best known for it's forensic science department.

I have received quite a lot from my college experience. My time in college has taught me to be an individual and to really come out of your shell. Many other factors contribute to my college experience, however these are the most prevalent. Once I entered college my freshman year, it was obvious that everyone had their own way of doing things. Everyone either had his or her own friends or just kept to themselves. Whichever path taken, everybody in my college is unique. My college is also very accomidating to each individual's personality or hobbies. No matter what your background, there is a place for you. In highschool I had trouble coming out of my shell because I knew everyone and I never had to introduce myself to someone new everyday an engage on my own will into a conversation with someone who I had never met before. The university also requires a public speaking class, which at first scared me to death. I am now taking the class and look forward to my next speech. I can't wait to find who I'm truly meant to be through my college experience.

richard

What I learned about attending college? Well first off I am very happy about being enrolled in college if betters my self esteem? Helps me with understanding the carrer i am trying to achive in the next couple of year. The teachers and students are all very help full and help you cope with all your problems and homework. I like the fact that are campus is open to all people trying to achive a degree. I am most greatfull for the help from all of the staff when i was enrolled for my first semester they helped me out with all of my home work and had a tutor on site everyday to acoomedate me. I like the fact that i can take night classes and still be able to work at night. Also that there are many campuses around town that i can easily get too when i have to work late and want to study for my upcoming tests.

Steven

I have obtained the necessary skills and knowledge needed to graduate a four year degree. Thomas Nelson Community College has also introduced me to the social aspect of college life and how to interact with adults my age. With these various skills I will be able to transfer to a four year college, gain even more knowledge and wisdom, then impact the world I live in.

Russell

University of Central Oklahoma is a modern day campus with values similar to what our parents grew up on.

There are many things that I have gotten out of my college experience. I have made life long friendships, discovered exactly what a higher level of learning offers and have become masterful in meeting deadlines. With all the memorable experiences in which I have encountered, the most important one to me is experiencing significant achievement.

University of Central Oklahoma is a school with open arms to all. While strolling through our campus, one would see a wide range of diversity that many schools long to desire. Excluding anybody from the opportunities that University of Oklahoma has to offer would be unfortunate and unjust, everybody should attend this school.

Daniel

College has taught me that you have to be responsible for yourself. Your parents will only do so much, but it's up to you to make sure your work gets done on time and the overall quality of your work is the best it can be. College is preparing me to be responsible later on in life at my job too. It is helping me meet deadlines with my best work ready.

Corinna

As a student at the beginning of my second semester of college, I do wish I could go back and talk to my high-school-senior self. First and foremost, I would encourage myself to look around more for a university; I have to admit I settled with UCO and there are regrets there. Also, as much as I hated it then, I would emphasize the importance of getting scholarships, and uge myself to do more in that area. Beyond those two items, there is not much else I can say; if I had excelled more there I would be in a different place now. I must admit, this is truly difficult. I was recently not accepted into an internship program I wanted to be a part of very dearly. So in all honestly, I would tell myself what I believe I did wrong when applying and change the outcome. This may not be the "right" answer, but when I take the time to really imagine what I would say, it is that. If I could change anything within the past year, it would be the results of that interview, as they truly broke my heart.

The University of Central Oklahoma offers a wonderful campus experience; the size is ideal. It's not so large that you have to allow twenty minutes to get to your next class, but you also don't feel like you're suffocating! I live in the dorms, and I absolutely love it. I was nervous about sharing a bathroom with my hall, but it's great! I also love my room, which is so much larger than I anticipated. UCO is in Edmond, which is a perfect college town, and it's just minutes from downtown Oklahoma City!

I have to admit that I have had a few problems this first year. This is a degree-oriented problem, but my theatre professors have been a disappointment. Although some are wonderful, the two technical directors, which are the people I interact with most as a tech/design major, are not very helpful and are often so immature they only frustrate and occasionally offend. Although they're very talented individuals, they're terrible at offering advice for students who are struggling to find direction. This has turned me off to the theatre program at UCO, which is a great disapointment.

Danny

There are two extremes on a college campus. There are the people that sit back and do nothing but study and go to class; they don?t socialize, they don?t go to games, they don?t join clubs or organizations. Then there are the people that do everything but study and go to class; they are the social butterflies, they are at all the games and in all the clubs. I was the latter, however doing so spread me too thin and hurt my GPA in the long run. If I could talk to myself as a high school senior I would tell myself to get involved in clubs and organizations, but not to get too involved. Joining things is definitely a great part of college, but you don?t want to do so at the expense of your grades. To be successful, you need to make a balance between schoolwork and fun. I would tell myself to be neither extreme, but instead be in the middle; enjoying college life and making good grades.

The best thing about my school is that there are so many diffrent races that go there. I went to a predominantly white high school and I wasn?t exposed to many people from different races; now that I go to UCO, I continually find myself in the company of many people who are of different races. It is a very new experience and I have learned so much about other cultures and customs.

The main things I brag about is about how many different clubs are at my school. I have attending meetings of the Gay Alliance of Tolerance and Equality (GATE), Black Student Association (BSA), Fencing Club, Hispanic Student Association (HSA), Lifegroup, and the Latin Dancing Club. All of them have given me an experience to meet and network with other people while all the while enjoying myself.

University of Central Oklahoma administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.