Edmond, OK
University of Central Oklahoma

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Central Oklahoma

richard

What I learned about attending college? Well first off I am very happy about being enrolled in college if betters my self esteem? Helps me with understanding the carrer i am trying to achive in the next couple of year. The teachers and students are all very help full and help you cope with all your problems and homework. I like the fact that are campus is open to all people trying to achive a degree. I am most greatfull for the help from all of the staff when i was enrolled for my first semester they helped me out with all of my home work and had a tutor on site everyday to acoomedate me. I like the fact that i can take night classes and still be able to work at night. Also that there are many campuses around town that i can easily get too when i have to work late and want to study for my upcoming tests.

Steven

I have obtained the necessary skills and knowledge needed to graduate a four year degree. Thomas Nelson Community College has also introduced me to the social aspect of college life and how to interact with adults my age. With these various skills I will be able to transfer to a four year college, gain even more knowledge and wisdom, then impact the world I live in.

Russell

University of Central Oklahoma is a modern day campus with values similar to what our parents grew up on.

There are many things that I have gotten out of my college experience. I have made life long friendships, discovered exactly what a higher level of learning offers and have become masterful in meeting deadlines. With all the memorable experiences in which I have encountered, the most important one to me is experiencing significant achievement.

University of Central Oklahoma is a school with open arms to all. While strolling through our campus, one would see a wide range of diversity that many schools long to desire. Excluding anybody from the opportunities that University of Oklahoma has to offer would be unfortunate and unjust, everybody should attend this school.

Daniel

College has taught me that you have to be responsible for yourself. Your parents will only do so much, but it's up to you to make sure your work gets done on time and the overall quality of your work is the best it can be. College is preparing me to be responsible later on in life at my job too. It is helping me meet deadlines with my best work ready.

Corinna

As a student at the beginning of my second semester of college, I do wish I could go back and talk to my high-school-senior self. First and foremost, I would encourage myself to look around more for a university; I have to admit I settled with UCO and there are regrets there. Also, as much as I hated it then, I would emphasize the importance of getting scholarships, and uge myself to do more in that area. Beyond those two items, there is not much else I can say; if I had excelled more there I would be in a different place now. I must admit, this is truly difficult. I was recently not accepted into an internship program I wanted to be a part of very dearly. So in all honestly, I would tell myself what I believe I did wrong when applying and change the outcome. This may not be the "right" answer, but when I take the time to really imagine what I would say, it is that. If I could change anything within the past year, it would be the results of that interview, as they truly broke my heart.

The University of Central Oklahoma offers a wonderful campus experience; the size is ideal. It's not so large that you have to allow twenty minutes to get to your next class, but you also don't feel like you're suffocating! I live in the dorms, and I absolutely love it. I was nervous about sharing a bathroom with my hall, but it's great! I also love my room, which is so much larger than I anticipated. UCO is in Edmond, which is a perfect college town, and it's just minutes from downtown Oklahoma City!

I have to admit that I have had a few problems this first year. This is a degree-oriented problem, but my theatre professors have been a disappointment. Although some are wonderful, the two technical directors, which are the people I interact with most as a tech/design major, are not very helpful and are often so immature they only frustrate and occasionally offend. Although they're very talented individuals, they're terrible at offering advice for students who are struggling to find direction. This has turned me off to the theatre program at UCO, which is a great disapointment.

Danny

There are two extremes on a college campus. There are the people that sit back and do nothing but study and go to class; they don?t socialize, they don?t go to games, they don?t join clubs or organizations. Then there are the people that do everything but study and go to class; they are the social butterflies, they are at all the games and in all the clubs. I was the latter, however doing so spread me too thin and hurt my GPA in the long run. If I could talk to myself as a high school senior I would tell myself to get involved in clubs and organizations, but not to get too involved. Joining things is definitely a great part of college, but you don?t want to do so at the expense of your grades. To be successful, you need to make a balance between schoolwork and fun. I would tell myself to be neither extreme, but instead be in the middle; enjoying college life and making good grades.

The best thing about my school is that there are so many diffrent races that go there. I went to a predominantly white high school and I wasn?t exposed to many people from different races; now that I go to UCO, I continually find myself in the company of many people who are of different races. It is a very new experience and I have learned so much about other cultures and customs.

The main things I brag about is about how many different clubs are at my school. I have attending meetings of the Gay Alliance of Tolerance and Equality (GATE), Black Student Association (BSA), Fencing Club, Hispanic Student Association (HSA), Lifegroup, and the Latin Dancing Club. All of them have given me an experience to meet and network with other people while all the while enjoying myself.

Stoyan

Good academic advicement srvices

Good academic advicement srvices

If I could go back in time and reconsider again going to college and choosing a major, I would think about what jobs would be most in demand in the future. Certainly, with the experience that I have now at 26, it is quite obvious that Science related jobs are more in demand than any other cause the business field is quite saturated. If I could make a new start I would probably have chosen a degree in Computer Science or Engineering rahter than Business Administration or Accounting. To land at a good business job, aside from the education, you need to have connections and a good community network so candidates who come from other states or countries have that disadvantage of not knowing as many people as local folks. On the other hand if you are a good programmer or an engineer your skills are more likely to be appreciated by employers cause connections and word of mouth cannot substitute the high technical knowledge that one acquires pursuing such degree. So I would definitely go for a Science degree rather than a Business one. That's of course just my personal point of view.

jessica

Going back in time to my high school years knowing what I know now, I would tell myself to take in all the education and skills that I have aquired from the vocational program that I was enrolled in. Back then, I didn't think that college was necessary and a full-time factory job would be just fine to get me through the years. Knowing now that I got pregnant and skipped out on college and worked in a factory, I regret it, and I would most definately tell myself to take the college route when I should have (after high school). Education is important as well as the grades that you acquire. Grades and a college education make your future, not a factory paycheck. Having two kids now and living off of government assistance, I really do regret not taking the advice and lessons that were given to me. Now, 6 years after graduating high school, I am now a college student with two kids and no job, and a husband that drives fifty miles a day to and from work. If I was smart back then, I should have gone to college and kept my grades up.

Amy

UCO has been given milliions of dollars to develop their Forensics Science program in addition to assembling an impressive group of staff and faculty. The new Forensic Science building is positioned across the street from the new OSBI Forenics lab. Grad school students are afforded the opportunity to obtain internships at the OSBI. I can foresee that the Foresic Science Institue at UCO will help to propel Oklahoma's OSBI Forensic Lab as one of the nation's future leaders.

When I was growing up the value of education was never emphasized. It took me several years coupled with several unfulfilling low paying jobs to understand the importance of a college degree. If I could travel back in time and give myself advice I would say this: College is a must not a choice. It is one of the single most important decisions you will make in life and it is important to obtain a college degree before you do anything else in life. It will afford you options you would not otherwise be afforded. Find a major you're interested in; one that is in demand and specialized. Surround youself with likeminded friends. Make good grades in high school, participate in different school clubs, and volunteer in the community. Take AP courses, and if available take a few college level courses. Visit colleges you are interested in going to and once you graduate from high school either move to a college dorm or join the Greek system. But either way and above all do the full college experience and have fun!

The University of Central Oklahoma has offered me an avenue to use my Psychology degree in an interesting way and that is applying it to the field of Forensic Science. They have a stellar program with the most impressive group of instructors I have ever had the honor and fortune to be around.

Juanita

Dear Juanita *May 2006, Wow! Congratulations on your graduation. I know that you are proud, but this is just the beginning of your life. You will soon be headed off to college and I wanted to give a few tips; but before you just shrug off what I have to say, just know that I've been there and I really hope you take my advice. Be sure you have an idea of what you want to do, it'll be less stressful later on if you don't have to keep switching your degree choices. Be careful to budget your spending, I know you'll be living on campus for a couple of years, but keep your mind clear for the future-you'll need some money then. There are always unexpected expenses that spring up at the worst possible times. Study a little every day instead of cramming the night before the test. Not only will you retain more information, it's much less stressful. Stay close to your family, just because they live close, doesn't mean you can't drop by once a week, or call to say hi. Remember these, and you'll do fine.

The University of Central Oklahoma is for students wanting to learn in a great environment; surrounded by helpful teachers, diverse students, and a not too small-but not too big town. There are people from all over the world at UCO, you'll fit right in-whoever you are.

Honestly, if you're just going to school to have a good time with Mom and Dad's money, don't choose UCO. There isn't a lot of "partying" that goes on. Most of the students here are serious about getting a good eduction for their future careers.

University of Central Oklahoma administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.