Edmond, OK
University of Central Oklahoma

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Central Oklahoma

Chasey

The University of Central Oklahoma is known as a commuter college and for the Nursing and Education departments.

The advice I would have gave to myself was to stop rushing growing up and to enjoy the last moments with the people that you've spent the last twelve years with you have. I would tell myself that college isn't staying up all night running the streets and crazy parties that you on movies. College is actually hard and the nights you do stay up all night is because you will be in the library studying your brains out. That you have to grow up and be responible because there isn't someone there to make sure you are out of bed and heading to class or someone to wash your clothes. If I could tell myself anything before I went to college it would be to be thankful for the parents I have because in college those two people that have raised you your whole life are the only ones you can really trust and the only ones that will truly be there for you when you have a total breakdown becasue you've been studying for hours upon hours.

The University of Central Oklahoma is a college that anyone could attend. There isn't a specific type of person someone must be to be able to fit in there.

Michaela

My classmates are like family.

My classmates are like family.

Dear high school senior me, do not fret. You may think that graduating high school will be the end of the world and nothing will ever live up to Friday night games and Homecoming, but you are wrong. College is greater than you can imagine. Moving in seems so traumatic, but in reality it is one day and will be over with before you know it. There are so many new experiences in college. The amount of people you meet is crazy. You will say your name, year, and major more times than you can count, but it is all part of the experience. You will meet people that will make you think and become a better human. You will find your bestfriend here. Everything seems so overwhelming at first. When things seem too tough and you are tremendously homesick, just take a deep breath. That big test will pass no matter how much you panic. You will go home and see your family. Don't be so overwhelmed and scared for the future that you forget to enjoy the present. Welcome to the next chapter of your life. Read slow, it will be over before you know it.

I believe the best thing about my school is the people. Everyone here is so kind and wonderful. The faculty really does care and have an interest in the students' lives and they want to see the students succeed. The students in turn work hard and have pride in this wonderful university.

Petra

Super friendly and practically family. Everyone is helpful and wants to see everyone else succeed. It's almost impossible to walk down the halls and not have anyone say hello to you.

Dear 17 year old Petra, I know you are excited, nervous and anxious as you are about to begin your collegiate career. Here is my advice to you: Don't panic! You are in good hands. You are about to have one of the greatest experiences and make sure you soak up every second of it. This is a chance for a new beginning, high school was rough and people were not the nicest. Good news, the bullies don't make it to college with you. Take advantage of building relationships with professors, networking with professionals and making friends. These connections you make are so important for your future. College is a chance for you to find yourself and your calling in life. You are indecisive about your major and that is perfectly okay, everyone is a little unsure. Trust yourself when you are about to decide and get ready, because you are about to fall in love. Sincerely, older you. P.S. Listen to your parents, they actually know what they are talking about.

The professors and the relationships. All the professors are skilled in their area and have had real life experience. It's rare to find professors who have been in the field, especially in mass communications. The professors are so easy to bulid relationships with and are always available outside of class. It's much more enjoyable to learn when it is from a friend.

Abby

All of the classmates I've met are hardworking and dedicated and seem to really be working hard for their degree.

College isn't as terrible as it seems. Don't procrastinate. Ask questions. Join as many organizations as possible and meet new people. Get involved and volunteer as often as possible. Talk to strangers in the elevator. If someone looks like they need help, offer them some. Never miss out on free food. Don't take an 8 AM class. grab all the free stuff from tables outside and in the Nigh, even if it means having several pairs of sunglasses. And do whatever it takes to get the free t-shirts they give out. Take advantage of the Wellness Center, even if it's just sitting on an exercise bike do something. Fill out as many scholarship applications as you can. Always check your e-mail. And keep up with your online work.

The most frustrating thing about my school is the parking situation. There aren't enough spaces for all of the students, and the parking permits limit you to only one or two lots. I have a housing permit because I live on campus and I got a ticket for parking in another lot, even though I live here and pay to park!

The University of Central Oklahoma is a rare gem considering it's location, it is diverse and accepting of all walks of life. It is also the only university in Oklahoma with an accredited art program. The classes are smaller, the students are always involoved in some kind of activity, and the proffessors are wonderful. Being treated equally, with kindness and understanding is very important to the faculty at UCO. I'm happy to be at this school.

If you ever doubt your choice of a Bachelor's in the Fine Arts, stop. It takes a lot of courage to pursue something you love instead of something sensible that you know will be able to keep your bank account in check. Sometimes it's going to be difficult and you are going to doubt your capability as an artist. This is normal, everyone questions there career choices, the important thing is to be true to who you are and what you love and believe in, because doing what you love and what makes you happy is important, don't ever think otherwise. Good luck kid, I know you have what it takes.

Occasionally enrollment can be frustrating, because the wait for meeting with advisor's takes a large chunk out of my day.

Faith

The University of Central Oklahoma is one of the most saught after schools a person could find. Compared to other schools, UCO has many neat things hard to find anywhere else. The library has many purposes, including a music section with record players, old records, and movies. There are also many other things, like a gym, delicious meal plan, lots of service centers, and plenty of motivational words around this campus. This schools wide variety of opportunities can only be found in places like dreams, and to have them here is a dream come true.

Hi, Faith! I'm so glad you've decided to go to college! You will love UCO! There are some tips I'd like to give you. First, enjoy it! You've come so far to get here. This college has so many opportunities, you'll feel like they're made for you. If you see something you like, don't let it pass by. Second, learn anything you can! That's what college is about, right? It has almost everything you need to create the life you want. The many things you're interested in could be right at your fingertips! There is no doubt that by the time you leave college, the expierience and knowledge you have gained will surely become a part of who you are. Lastly, focus on you! This is a time for you to really look into yourself and find who Faith is. Life is too short to mind what other people think. In the end, you will be so very happy that you did this all for yourself. I look foward to you remembering reading this. Remember, enjoy this expierience, learn, and just be Faith! I have no doubt you've got this!

The University of Central Oklahoma has many services, which can suit many different people. If you're looking for an excellent place to study and maintain concentration on your grades, this school is for you. With many different areas in this school, anywhere is a perfect place to get things done. Easy-to-meet people also make this school wonderful. With all the clubs here, it's difficult not to meet others. Living on such an open campus also lets you be independent. UCO is a great place to just be who you are, and help create who you are.

Mariah

Some students are hardworking, while others sit in class doodling or texting on their cell phones.

It is the only school in Oklahoma that has a facility dedicated to the Forensic Science fiel and it taught by retired Law enforcement/FBI/OSBI employees.

I would tell myself to focus more on school and less time on playing video games.

Aviane

I think the two words that best describe my classmates are eclectic and diverse because I feel like there are so many different backgrounds here and because of that I really feel like I learn something new from everyone I meet.

While it's known for many things including academics and the arts I feel like what it is best known for is that while it is a rather large university you don't feel like you disappear into the crowd there. They are really good about being there for their students and giving them the resources they need to succeed.

The things I am about to tell you, about where I am in life, will probably shock you. Try your best to hear me out though because these things have led you to a good place. First off the facts: You have been to the same two universities two seperate times each yet you have yet to get a degree of any sort, you have moved back in with your mom, and at the age of almost 25 you still have yet to find Mr. Right. Like I said hear me out. The reason you have been in and out of college so much is because God was sending you on a journey for self-discovery. I had no idea what we wanted to do at your age. However this has taught us perseverance and determination. Also living with mom isn't so bad because she is helping you reach your goals financially so that you can sooner or later go to New York and follow God's dreams for you. And about Mr. Right? Stop trying to plan that cause that will just make you settle. Here's my advice: Dream big and know that God is with you!

If I could go back in time and talk to my high school self I would have a lot of advice. I would tell myself to look into more colleges, rather than just settling for a local community college. I would explain that I would be challenged more and that college is more than just an adacdemic experience. Now I have learned that it's important to find a college campus that fits one best. I would also tell myself to take my high school classes more seriously. As important as it is to make memories to look back on, taking one's studies seriously will help prepare for the future. One last thing, take the ACT as many times as possible, it will help open more doors every time you improve your score. Being proative towards one's future during high school is more important than students realize, as it will impact the rest of your life.

sara

we are known for the forensics program

we are known for the forensics program

I would tell my self that i would need to learn how to time manage when it comes to transitioning into college. Time is a big essence to college you have a lot of classes and work to do, so i think time management would be the only thing i would tell my self to work on and get it down to a 'T"

I wish I would have known more about the campus life before coming, its not bad but it could be more spirit.

University of Central Oklahoma administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.