Edmond, OK
University of Central Oklahoma

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Central Oklahoma

Sierra

UCO is mainly focused on the student success, its great.

UCO is mainly focused on the student success, its great.

Apply for scholarships, you need to take advantage of any "free" money that is out there. Also, be open minded about what you want to major in, don't waste your money on something that you don't even know you for sure want to do. Choose wisely on your major, you have to be happy with what you do the rest of your life.

The only frustrating thing would be parking, what campus doesn't have terrrible parking?

Alexis

Push for your dreams, do not let anyone or anything hold you back, you are completely capable of succeding at a large university. Do not be afraid of people. Get out there let your voice be heard and get involved. Everyone is looking for new friends, not just you. Things will work out, more people have gone before you and made it, now it is your turn to show the world what you are cappable of and you have it in you. Just let it out! Go get em'!

The best thing about UCO is the small class size, it really gives the students an opportunity to connect with the professors and get help whenever it is needed.

I wish that I would have known how small it actually is, I knew it was going to be small but who knew I would see the same faces on a daily basis. I went to a huge High school and am ready for the larger university feel of things.

Nismah

I remember vividly many moments during my time in high school in which I would ponder over the seemingly inexplicable environment I experienced daily. One thing was clear for me- I would not allow myself to get caught up with a "bad crowd," so to speak. I had good support from my mother and other family members, so I never struggled with drugs, alcohol or promiscuos behavior. I had good grades, wonderful friends and was achieveing great things for myself. At the time it seemed as if I was riding the perfect track to success. Looking back, I realize now that I was missing an imperative aspect of life that would have changed my own and many others'. See, it was not enough for me to simply stay away from the bad things and the difficult people. If I could give any bit of advice to my senior self, it would be to invest in the lives of others while I could. I had what I needed to truly succeed- but, alas, it is not just about myself. Reaching out to others and making a difference in their lives is what matters. It can change the future.

Guadalupe

If I had the opportunity to time travel, I would go back to the fond memories of my ninth grade year in high school. In that time period, I would tell myself who my “real” friends are, and ignore the “fakes.” I would motivate myself to study, work harder, and repeat to myself that everything is worth it. In doing this, I believe I could have excelled more in the high-school environment overall. Most importantly, if I had this opportunity I would have encouraged myself to obtain an AA degree before graduating high-school because afterwards, the worst is over, and all I would have to do is concentrate on what is important to me, such as my bachelor’s degree, what university I would be attending, and what major I choose. I feel that if I had the opportunity to talk to my “past-self” I could have eventually moved from my parents house and started living on my own long ago. However, I am happy with where I am at now in Polk State College, I am proud of being an eagle, and having the opportunity of attending this spectacular school.

My classmates can be describe as unique, each and everyone of them is different. They are all from a different back ground, and a lot of them from different countries and cultures.

Knowing what I know now about the college transition I would tell myself to take more concurrent classes so I could get more of my credits out of the way. I would also tell myself to apply for more scholarships because it is always smart to be prepared and have money for your schooling. I would tell myself to be as involved as I can and to make everything I do fun, because school is shcool and it is what you make of it.

The worst thing about the University of Central Oklahoma is that if you are not involved in greek life you basically don't exist.

Brandon

Do not wait until the last minute is one of the many phrases you'll be hearing and is undoubtedly the most accurate. Once you graduate things will only get harder, especially financial wise. You'll be presented with several oppotunities to apply for scholarship programs that will be beneficial towards paying for college. I told myself "oh, i have plenty of time to this before i graduate." now I'm struggling to pay for my first semester, this is not something that can be done with the snap of your fingers. Another thing would be not to hesistate, I had to re-take the ACT because I missed it by 1 point, but ultimately decided not to because I knew money was tight. If i had decided to pay, then I would probably not be in the situation I'm in right now. So what I'm trying to say is never let yourself waver because of money issues, always take the chance because by doing so it could potentially be one of your greatest assets. Always remember that by spending a little now, will lead to prosperity in the near future. Be wise in making your decisions.

I would tell myself to join National Honors Society, Fellowship of Christian Athletes, STUCO, and a few more of the other clubs Piedmont High School offered. Although I was very involved in the sports, musicals, and yearbook, the other organizations and clubs would also help my transcipt and resume. I would have told myself to volunteer more often and step out of my comfort zone.

I think the best thing about my school is the class size; the class sizes are about the size of high school classes. I would also have to say how the professors care about their students and helping them network.

I do not think that there is not a single person who should not attend the University of Central Oklahoma. I say this because the professors offer a ton of help to their students and there is also tutors available.

Kristina

I would say to think harder about where I wanted to go in life so I could choose the more appropriate way to get there.

What the town was like... It turned out to be all rich, stuck up people and most of the students are local.

it's not that great for introverts. The school pushes the professors to focus on group work and class presentations which are very stressful for shy people.

Marisa

As of now, I will not be attending the University of Central Oklahoma next year. While many students love UCO, I never felt comfortable there. Unlike many universities, there is not much of a campus community. It is fairly difficult to meet other people outside of classes due to the majority of students being commuters. However, many of my fellow students loved UCO because it is in the middle of Oklahoma and within driving distance from all cities.

I do not regret anything that has happened in the past, however I always think of how interesting it would be to see how I would have turned out had I known in high school the things I know now. I've learned a lot during my first year of college. I now understand that I don't need to worry about every little thing. We are not in control of everything. Dwelling on mistakes will only lead to more stress. College is much more difficult than high school and mistakes are going to happen. Any who try to reach perfection will only be let down in the end, for perfection is unattainable. I graduated high school with a 4.0 and receieved my first "B" this past year. I was upset at first, but I realized that I should focus on the positive rather than the negative. I had worked hard all of high school and never made below an "A." That's something to be proud of! If I could go back to my senior year, I would tell myself that everything will turn out okay and that looking on the bright side is vital to college survival.

University of Central Oklahoma administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.