Mobile, AL
University of South Alabama

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of South Alabama

Reagan

This school was an excellent choice for me. The professors care about the students (as long as the students care about their education, too); there are plenty of facilities & shops in & around campus; the recreation is amazing & have used their services to go hiking, kayaking, & caving. They have a 12 mile bike trail, a nature trail, & a huge Municipal Park a couple of miles away. The only thing I don't like about the school is it is overrun by raghead Muslims & pea-brain liberals. You can't say crap without someone getting offended. I've managed to find a few decent, outgoing Christian friends, but they're hard to come by. Steer clear of the Humanities courtyard & the app called Tapt. Tapt is an extremely toxic community where the worst of the school congregates & the Humanities ledge is where the immoral, hedonistic smokers puff it up.

Jack

I would recommend South to anyone looking for a fun, exciting, and comfortable, yet rewarding and intellectually provoking university. It is an exciting environment full of wonderful people, faculty, and opportunities. I absolutely love South! Go Jags!

leah

I love South Alabama. The school is diverse and a great way to experience a little of every culture. There are no standards pushed on students you can be your own person stand up for what you believe in and there are plenty of organizations that will fit your specific personality. The campus is safe and has all types of resources right there. There is really no need to leave campus unless you just want to there's always something fun and entertaining to do. I couldn't ask for a better school.

Porche

so far i have been attending USA for one semester, and I must say that overall the campus has treated me well. There are so many things to do here and the students and faculty are nice and welcoming. Campus life here at South has been a wonderful experience for me and I would deeply encourage other to attend as well!

Madison

The Un

The Un

South Alabama is a big family. Everyone helps , and supports one another. The school is also big in studying. Its hard to find someone who don't care about their grades since everyone here care so much. The teachers are also their for you. They actually want to see you succeeded, some of my teachers will even email me back near midnight if I have a problem. over all South Alabama is amazing!

College night a bars and clubs are on Thursday nights. A group of guy sit outside my dorm and its hard to walk by them without them yelling something, or people in the dorm its self being crazy.

meeka

I am from Mobile, Al so I do Know A lot about USA. It is a good school. I wouldn'T say for football games, but the volleyball games are awesome. I love going to the track on weekends and I have a few friends that attend USA. not the school of my choice but it is a good school for minors.

Percey

Wonderful

Wonderful

Great area to live and learn!

Great area to live and learn!

There is TONS of development going on in Mobile, AL. The entire mall is being redeveloped, there is a huge, brand new shopping center, and the downtown area is growing exponentially. The school itself is within walking distance of a bad area, and sometimes the crime overflows onto campus. South alabama does have their own police department, and they patrol campus 24/7 even on holidays. Research is a big deal at South. Almost anyone could find a lab to get involved in. Parking on campus is a huge problem, as with most colleges. They build buildings without adding parking and don't have enough parking spaces for the number of parking passes they give out. Residential students are ONLY allowed to park at their dorm. In recent years, housing has been overflowing. The school had to house students off campus last year because they promised more dorm rooms than they had. Participation in Greek Recruitment hits a new record every year. I know our college of computing is fantastic, and we have one of the best cyber security programs in the country (which the US dept of defense has actually awarded). My dept, psychology, is not great. They do not prepare students for grad school. They also don't have many elective choices. It is a decent program if you are interested in trauma and mental health, PTSD, or Autism in children. The behavior analysis program is growing. The foreign language dept has grown over the past few years and are very good about providing specialized language tutoring to students for free, in addition to the school-provided free tutoring (JagSuccess). The arts are prominent at South. There are several instrumental groups, ensembles, and orchestras to get involved in. There is a large drama dept that usually sells out of tickets for their shows. There is also glass blowing and many other visual arts (photography, graphic design, painting, etc) who have art sales and galleries/shows throughout the year. Sports are huge here. Tailgating for football is a must. An on-campus stadium is in the works. Our women's soccer and softball teams have been number 1 in their league several times in the past few years. My main complaint is that South is growing too fast for admin to keep up with housing/parking/maintenance.

Bethany

My fellow classmates are energetic, intuitive, and unique.

My fellow classmates are energetic, intuitive, and unique.

If I could give my younger self advice about the college experience, I would tell her to prepare earlier than I did. I would tell her not to wait for scholarships to come to her because a person has to go to them. I would encourage her to apply for jobs in the fall or spring instead of waiting until just before graduation because getting a good job early is important to financial stability in college. I would tell her that although attending class may be boring, it is essential to success in college. I would remind her to be prepared to get to class on time and to be there every time the class is in session because that is the most effective way for a student to learn. Otherwise, I would tell her to relax and to remember that moving off is not as big a deal as some people make it out to be. It is a new, invigorating experience that some people are not privileged to have. I would tell her to deeply appreciate the opportunity she is being awarded through a good college education.

The worst thing about my school is the lack of enforcing some basic rules such as, "No smoking within 25 feet of a building." I do not appreciate walking through second-hand smoke immediately after exiting my dorm room.

University of South Alabama administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.