Miami, FL
Barry University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Barry University

Stephania

My school is known for its psychology, business, education, and nursing programs. It is also known for its soccer team.

I would tell the parents and the students to search for schools that has the students desire student -teacher ratio meaning if they prefer being in small classes, then they need to look for schools that have a small to medium size population. Secondly, they should go to on the campus tour of the school they are interesting in. By going on the tour they will get more then learning about the different buildings and the services that are provided to the students; however the parents and students can take the time to the chairperson of the students desire major. That way the parents and the students can learn about the services that the department provide to their students, as well as to talk with the students in the program about their perspective of the program. The second advice I would give the students is to take advantage of the services at their school and join clubs that suite their interests. In addition, they need to take the time to learn about arrange services their school provide for them to go to the beach, amusement park, shopping centers, and any location near or far from their schools.

I wish I had learned about the crime rate that surround my school and its food is really like.

Mandy

Everyone is easy going and friendly.

Everyone is easy going and friendly.

Visit campus to see what school fits you, ask million and one questions about the campus and once you decide and choice a school for you make friends it makes the experience worth while. education is the key to the future no matter how old you are there is a school that is made just for you!!!!

the learning environment. The teachers are understanding and are there for your benefit. There are more than 40 tutoring programs so no excuses to failing

Karla

My classmates are really friendly and helpful.

My classmates are really friendly and helpful.

Parents should give advice to their kids about making the right college decision. I went through that experience and I could say that I was somewhat scared about entering a new stage in my life. A parent's support is the best comfort for students beginning college. It is best to make college visits, and then when it comes time to make a decision, pick the best college that suits the student's liking. The student should be able to feel comfortable and secure in a new type of setting. To make most of the college experience a student should come prepared into a new college to succeed and leave a mark on campus, so that student can be remembered when they leave. That is why is it best to get involved in clubs and activities and in the campus community. But it is important to never ignore your daily duties and to never forget why you are attending college.

Malikka

I would say to researcha nd find out everything about the school that you can. Be sure to visit the school and get to be familiar with your surroundings so that when you are on your own you can know where to get your neccesities. Be sure to find out if the school can provide you with what it is that you are looking for within a safe environment and a worthy school.

I wish I would have know that the school no longer had journalism as a major. Even though I am now a communications major, which I am happy and content with, my original passion and major was journalism. I had heard many great things about their journalism program before I applied to the school. When I then tried to switch journalism to be my minor I was told it was no longer offered as a major or minor and it really saddened me.

An open minded student, looking to work hard should attend Barry University. They should be able to survive in a small warm setting and still have a big personality because they will be recognize for the positive aspects that they will bring to the campus. The student should also be willing to experience new cultures because the campus stores individuals with plenty of diversity.

Janice

Open minded and careing of all students.

Open minded and careing of all students.

The most important advice I can ever give about finding the right school is to go and ask questions. Do research and make sure it is the one where you feel comfortable in. An educated choice is the best choice that can ever be made. When I visted Barry University I feel in love wth the hospotality of all the faculty and staff and in an instant I knew this is where I belonge. Many people frownded upon me for having choosen such a small private school that tends to be a bit more pricey then the neighboring community colleges of Miami but my response to that is, you just can not but a price on your education.

A lazy individual who is seeking just to drink their lives away at college.

Josefina

Barry University has a friendly, caring, and welcoming environment. It is the most diverse university in Florida. I met people from all over the world. The class-size is about 25 students and the professors know each student's by first and last name. STUDENTS ARE NEVER A NUMBER! Student advisors know the students' names & majors. Each student receives a breakdown of the courses to take each semester in order to graduate ontime. Barry is a small school that allows you to make friends forever. The extracurriculum activities are great and the students are very involved.Proud to attend Barry!

I lived on-campus for the four years I attended Barry University. From my experience, I advice parents and students to visit the college, research the area, and learn about the accreditation of the university and the school of interest attending. These are key factors to know before selecting a college to attend because many schools are not accredited, even though the university has an accreditation. This can cause problems in the long-run because graduate schools require the undergraduate school to have a specific accreditation. Additionally, the best advice I can give anyone is to live on-campus. Campus life gives students the overall college experience because they have all the resources they need to succeed in school. For instance, students who live on campus attend the labs, where tutors assist students with their homework. Also, I noticed that students who participate in extracurricular activities are those who reside in the dorms. Furthermore, students are able to meet their classmates and make friends forever, since they spend more time together: in the cafeteria, library, study groups, etc. Moreover, residing in the dorms allows students to become independent and grow personally and professionally.

I wish I had know that Florida Public transportation is really bad. And, that tuition increases every year by about $1000.00! For the most part I enjoyed attending Barry University.

Karla

Barry University is best known for nursing, sports management, and business.

Barry University is best known for nursing, sports management, and business.

Make sure that your child feels comfortable in the environment that the campus is located in. Remember that they need to feel like they are at home and that it is a friendly environment.

Nothing, I am completly satisfied with Barry University.

Jonathan

My school is best known for being a Catholic University which is very understanding towards other people of ethnic diversity and religious choice.

Find the school with the field of study you enjoy most and not one you choose because you feel the need or pressure to go to college. Choosing a school for the wrong reasons will cause you not to get the most out of your enducation and social life. When picking the college you wish to apply to pick the one you feel most comfortable in and would feel at home.

The mos frustrating thing about my school is the lack of food choice and the quality of food.

Karl

A fun loving but dedicated group.

A fun loving but dedicated group.

It was extremely diverse and small so the classes were more intimate .

If your student is looking for a good pre-med program Barry University is a amazing school. That also goes for if you are looking for a small program where you can expand. Our Psychology Masters program is one of the best in the country. Though other then that you really need to look into your program to see if it suits your student. Barry is a great academic school but campus wise it has a way to go if you are looking for a lot of things to do on your campus Barry might not be a great place to go. Just make sure to take a tour of the school and talk with the students and you will get a pretty acurate desciption of what it is like to be a Barry student.

Barry University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.