Columbus State University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Columbus State University

Tyler

Living on campus is a horrible experience, They walk in and invade our rooms whenever they want and use the claim "Its in your contract". They judge and invade our personal spaces then FORCE us to pay $100-$200 FEES for their stupid policies. The policies are so questionable its obvious they are broke and need funds. They have a "No visitors" policy for our dormitories. Meaning I can't have ANYONE over in MY ROOM that I paid over $3,000 for yet they are FORCING us to attend class physically. President Markwood is obviously a racist. He only interacts with students when he's forced too and takes pictures with black students to showcase "diversity". His only concern is getting new students here for their tuition money. The CSU police harass the students. There was a series of car break-ins in courtyard. Multiple cars were broken into during the night. My gf's car got broken into and you know what the CSU police did? nothing. So if your laptop got stolen? Sorry better luck next time. I do not suggest living on campus at all. Some professors don't teach and use the excuse " We don't hold your hand". Only come to CSU if you want to bring up your gpa other than that this school isn't worth the headache.

Meyia

As someone who transferred into Columbus State University, I feel compelled to say: a college is a college. There are places to eat. There are people to meet. There are things to do--no matter how broke or clueless you are. With any college, you have to make your experience--don't just expect all the fun people and events to come to you.

Jazzlyne

Columbus State isn't a big school, which I don't mid. There are so many activities to get involved in and it seems that almost every day there is something going on at the school. Overall the people here are nice and the professors want to see you succeed and work with you on that.

Jacob

Beautiful campus Great teachers and class sizes Great job placement

Claudia

I love Columbus State University! Part of what motivated me to attend CSU was it's awesome resources for those in the Computer Science Major. From the first day, I was utilizing all of the available on campus resources. From extra computer science labs to extra study rooms, CSU is the way to go.

J'Taiya

It is a very nice school where teachers and staff are always helpful to students.

jada

I really love my school. I'm so glad that I chose it. My school provides me with the necessary academic, personal, and professional services. They encourage us to strive for excellence and to get involved in all of the extracurricular activities we have. You will never feel lost or alone here because of the welcoming environment. Go COUGARS!

Cha'Nyia

I had a lot of fun when i visited it was really cool to have a feel of what its like to be a college student.

abbie

Columbus State University is a great place to be attending because there is almost always something going on like hanging out with friends joining organizations and people playing games out by the clock tower or library. Most of the people i have met are very friendly and the farts and sororities are friendly.

Brieanna

It's a lovely place and the people there are really kind. Everyone looks out for the next person and help is never far. The food is great, the faculty is amazing, and the recreational center is so much fun. I definitely appreciate the thought that went into making my dorm as well.

Loralee

I am a big fan of this college and I fully intend on staying here until I graduate. This semester, I changed my major to Special Education and I must say, I am very impressed and pleased with the efficiency and helpfulness of the people that work in the Education Department. I really enjoy the two education classes and I think my advisers here have definitely pointed me in the right direction.

Akiva

Great school! The professors are really good and always willing to help. The people at the school are very nice and welcoming and always looking for a good time when everyone head isn’t in the books. I would recommend anyone to attend Columbus State University.

Niaja

Columbus State University is very much a community centered college. Although it is a state university, it is on the small side so average classes are less than 30, unless it is a core requirement class. It does offer great nursing, business, and music programs, but other programs are a bit lacking. The facilities are clean and have nice amenities such as a Chic-fil-A on campus. It is a split campus with a main and downtown campus. As one of the cheapest public university's in the state of Georgia, it is a great investment for those looking to gain a professional education without completely breaking the bank.

I really enjoy attending Columbus State University. The area is nice, the diversity on campus is amazing, they always have activities going on around campus, and they always make the effort to let our voices and opinions be heard. All my professors have been caring, and helpful. They always listened to me, and made the effort to help in whatever means possible. My advisor is awesome. He is super helpful, understanding, and he always answers my questions. Attending Columbus State University has been a great experience and I can not wait to see where the next three years take me!

Yasmine

It's pretty nice.

Preslie

Columbus State is a great small campus. Everyone knows majority of the student population and you often have multiple classes with some of the same people. Columbus State is a great campus and has great facilities but sometimes doesn't feel like the "full college experience" because it is a smaller campus. Overall, it's the place to go if you just want to get a degree.

Laneshia

It is a very nice school with a welcoming environment and students that are earger to get involved. Most professors are always there to help you succeed and, because of this, classes aren’t too difficult. There is a wonderful study abroad program, especially in England. Overall, however, the school could improve in the domain of housing and availability of certain classes (there are some that are only offered one semester).

Johanna

It is a good school to go to. I have enjoyed my time here and look forward to more years ahead.

Kattie

Columbus State has it's flaws like any other school but I wouldn't change my experience here for anything else. The major problems with CSU are the financial aid and enrollment services departments, if you take these two out it is an overall great school that I would recommend it to other people.

Lenayah

I actually love Columbus state It feels like home when I got there I felt like I belonged there. It is very modern and up to date. The people there are very very nice and they make you feel welcome and they already feel like you have friends on campus. The faculty is very nice and they help you when you need them. They are always open on their office hours. Also, if our teacher isn't there they even have tutors and counseling if you need it.

Erika

Columbus State University is a good school which gives you opportunities to grow and seek new interests to truly discover who you are. The experience at CSU is not limited to campus life but also, there are many ways to become involved in the Columbus community to broaden your circle of networking.

Madison

Columbus state is a good school to attend. Most of the professors try to to help as best as they can and the students are very friendly. Its a pretty good learning experience in the classroom. The work load is a bit much at times and there are professors that dont care if you pass the class or not which makes it very unfair to students buyt pushing through it and doing the best you can is the only thing you can do.

Sierra

The campus is beautiful, and it is not too crowded. The people are very friendly and there is always something to do. There are two separate campuses, and they are not too far apart, which makes it easy to learn in two different environments. I love Columbus State!

Jacob

This university is exceptionally easy to get used to for new students. The campus is a very moderate size, and the people are always nice. The professors are essentially helpful when it comes to extra help outside of class. I'm happy with being a CSU student.

Victoria

I love the location of my college campus. I love shopping, which is great because there is a mall right across from the main campus. There is a second campus downtown that I have visited less than five times, but I hope to change that this semester. There is so many things to do which makes me eager to move back onto campus and actually experience life outside of the classroom. I love how there is a Chick-fil-A located in the Davidson Center, which is the same place as the cafeteria. I also like the fact that there are PODs (Provisions on Demand), where you buy some quick snacks on your way across campus. The freshman dorms were pretty nice from afar, but it was less impressive up close because the walls were so thin, and the paint on the walls chipped easily. There isn't enough room in the suite as you think because once you move in, it's like you are running out of space. I personally enjoyed my professors, and the class sizes weren't too intimidating. I may be the only one, but I personally love Columbus State University so far.

Grant

CSU can be a very hard college but it is still fun and lots of people enjoy being there.

Nubia

Columbus State University is honestly my dream school. This university is the college that I've always dreamed of going to. Columbus State may have not been my first choice, but I am really glad it was my final choice. My school has so much spirit and it's always opened to teaching new things. My first year of college was a blast because of the environment, the people, and the teachers. It's hard for me when I move to a new place because I do not exactly fit in but the people at Columbus State were very opened and friendly to me. Overall, the school is great and the professors are awesome and helpful. I would not change universities for the world.

Dakota

I'm a freshman at Columbus State, and i must say I'm happy to be here. The student life is here... well, lively! I was debating on where to go, and being from Columbus I had the mentality of getting out of my hometown. Do to circumstances I ended up staying in town, and I don't regret it one bit. The professors are proactive about helping their students, you can see they enjoy what they do. I feel as though my professors actually want me to succeed more than I do! If you're looking for an interactive class, informative professors, and a great student body, then Columbus State is for you!

Cameron

I love Columbus State University. Its small class sizes in combination with excellent professors makes for a very compelling academic profile, whereas the many sports teams, clubs, and Greek Life organizations make for an even more compelling social life here on campus. Since coming here, I have found more like minded friends and classmates than I ever could have hoped to find any a comparable school. I wouldn't trade my time here for anything.

Jazzlyne

Columbus state is overall a good school. The professors seem very helpful and the academic tutoring center is great. The freshman dorms are brand new. The upper class men dorms are nice because they're like mini apartments. If you want a school that's huge in sports, this is not the place for you. Although we have great sports teams I don't know many people that go to them. Plus our football team is a club sport with not that many games. The downtown area is nice but small. You need a car to get anywhere else that is nice to hang out at.

april

No guidance.Wants to be a large University but the surrounding community isn't supportive. I went back in the 1990's and the atmosphere hasnt changed much. If you are trying to get into Georgia Tech they have a great liaison program. They also built strong Musical department and opened up concert halls in downtown Columbus,

L

It is not too bad. Not the best fit for me, but it might be for someone else!

Callie

I like the campus, it's nice and clean. For me, I wish there were more things close to campus that are walking or biking distance from the campus. The city in general is not bike friendly, but you need either a car or bus to get to places. So that I wish there were more of, despite that though, the staff is very friendly and so are the students. I love going to college here!

I am honored to attend Columbus State University. The faculty is helpful and the students are kind and accepting. As a transfer student i found that the campus was easy to navigate, and that the campus resources where easily accessible. The campus facilities are always neat as well.

Paris

The College is very small, in my opinion, compared to a large university. If you are a student all about your academics and less about your social life, It is the perfect school for you. Columbus is the largest city in Georgia, so I am sure there are many places to visit and explore. As far as the school, there are two campuses. One is located downtown aside from the main campus. It is a beautiful campus and a lot of main campus students head downtown for fun. Downtown is where all the weekend activities partake where there are Food, drinks, music and shops. The Main Campus is a small and all around chill environment. How great your professors are is determined by how engaged you are in their class. you really have to put in as much time as you can to get the grades you want. The tutoring services can be A LOT better. There are administered by other students, I've had some that did not remember the material I needed help on. Not to mention the session is only 30 minutes long which flies by. Dining on Campus isn't much to brag about You are better off exploring foods and restaurants around the city. You are given dinning bucks which are called "Cougar Cash" (the mascot is a cougar) along with your on-campus meal plan to use at Chick-Fil-A, Subway, Einstein Bagels, and a mini Market downtown on campus. The dining Hall food is very bad. The menu is the same every week and often tasteless. There isn't much to choose from. The best way to enjoy your experience at Columbus State University is to get out and join clubs and activities on campus, do not be afraid to introduce yourself to new people and stay on your school work and professors, because school comes first.

Jacquez

Columbus State University is a very good university. The faculty and staff is very loving and supporting and cares for the students education. Columbus state provides you with the education and work experience to provide every student success with their future employer.

TROI

OVERALL, GREAT CAMPUS! ALWAYS THINGS TO DO ON & OFF CAMPUS. THE FOOD IS PRETTY GOOD, AND THE PROFESSORS ARE ALWAYS THERE TO HELP WHEN YOU NEED THEM. BY IT ONLY BEING AN HOUR OR SO FROM DOWNTOWN ATLANTA, IT'S GREAT BECAUSE I LOVE GOING DOWN TO THE CITY!

Nya

I really love this school and all they have to offer

My overall opinion on Columbus state University would be from what I've experienced so far is that it's a great school filled with great people and a lot of encouraging people who make sure that you are involved and having fun. They also make sure you have all the help you need to be successful in class. Columbus State is going to be a school enjoy and going to be my family away from home.

Kenneth

I really love it here. I am music major and the school is the prefect place for my major. Being a music conservatory, they place a high value on quality music instruction. The dorms are fantastic. Lots of room and activities and support for the student.

Alexis

My overall opinion of Columbus State University is that it is a great school for those who love a small campus. It has a great size of students who attend. The staff/teachers are amazing they are willing to help you understand the material. They are quick to respond to emails and available outside of class.

aleah

Its a great school there are always events on campus giving out free things. The events are usually fun and where you will meet people. It also just helps you to get out of your room sometimes. The residence life events are usually the most hype events and where you will meet the most people. Housing is great after first year you get your own apartment style dorm or house. The cafe is limited so make sure to always have your refrigerator stocked. If you come down here without a car you will always be bored.

Phoenicia

This is an excellent university. Each department was helpful and seemed very committed to my personal success as a student. There are tons of extracurricular activities and so much support with after graduations plans. The moment of greatest impact on my Columbus State University experience was how prepared I felt to enter the work force after finishing my degree.

Alyssa

Columbus State University is a good school, but there are many things that could change. Overall, I love going here

Mariah

When I visited CSU I fell involve with the community and the art scene. Everywhere I looked there were smiling faces. The professors were nice and welcoming. They really seemed to care about each student education. There is also sculptures and live music all around the downtown campus which I really enjoyed.

Shaikeria

Overall, I feel like Columbus State is a really great school for those that want the freedom of being away from home but not being to far. If you really want the college experience, and partying every weekend, Columbus State is not the place. On the other hand , academics are very important here, and there are lots of caring and compassionate professors.

Ahzhane

fewfwe

Columbus State University offers a lot of benefits to it's student. I think one major plus side to Columbus State University is the professors. Their availability as well as their attitude. Although, to be expected, the finical aid team for Columbus State University is a little crabby.

Lucy

Since arriving here, I have enjoyed being on campus. The professors are great and my classes are going well. The on-campus housing varies; living on the RiverPark campus definitely seems to be better than the main campus. Living uptown means having your own apartment-style dorm for a lower price than the smaller dorms on main campus. My main issue has been with the admissions/financial aid offices. They didn't out my aid through until after i arrived on campus despite my having applied early. They informed me that I was going to be dropped from classes if I didn't have the money for full tuition, housing, etc. because they didn't put through my loans and other aid. Essentially, everything is fine, but avoid administration if possible. Go cougars!

Summer

Columbus State University gave me a high expectation of what a college should be. Not only is the campus beautiful, but it is resourceful. There are many clubs and organizations that you can join that will academically improve oneself, and the faculty is friendly and provides daily challenges for the student. I am delighted that I chose Columbus State University as my home. Go Cougars!