Richmond, KY
Eastern Kentucky University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Eastern Kentucky University

Hope

I really enjoy how diverse my school is and also the size, it really makes you feel like you're in what I call "The Eastern Family." They have many differect activities, clubs, and various opprotunities to explore.

If I had the chance to go back in time to advise my youngerself, I would stress how important it is to study hard and also to learn time management in order to have that balance between homework, studing, and socializing. I was very involved in high school and would tell myself to stick with that and continue to be involved in school affairs and join activities. I would also like to tell myself to sign up earlier for scholorship opprotunities and to also think ahead to the future so that I will be prepared for what may soon come.

The most frustrating thing about my school is balancing the socail and academic life.,

If I could go back, I would tell myself that college is not as easy as it sounds. I would make sure to express that friendships get tested, school work gets harder, and that responsibilites become greater. I would stress that when you go to college, a lot of your friendships change, you may lose some, but you gain even better ones. I would also tell myself not to stress out about the work load, and explain that yes it may be harder, but I am a smart individual who can do it. Managing time, would also be something I would make sure I knew the importance of. When you're in college, you no longer have someone to tell you when to get things done or to remind you of due dates. Most importantly, I would tell myself that anything is possible if you put your mind to it; yes college may be scary, but it's something you have to be determined to do well in, in order to succeed to the fullest.

I think the worst thing about this school is the parking. I feel this way because, most of the dorms do not have parking around them. If a dorm happens to have a parking lot near it, there still isn't enough spaces. When you're fortunate enough to get a parkin spot by your dorm, then you don't want to leave campus because you know it will be gone by the time you get back. I feel as if the parking should be near the dorms, rather than away from them.

I believe that there is one type of person who shouldn't attend EKU. This type of person, would be someone who is not willing to do their work. Most of the classes have work that you can not slack off or procrastinate towards. Also, the professors are generally understanding when it comes to making up work, but they won't tolerate makeup work if there is not a valid excuse. EKU is a school that is going to make sure you apply yourself fully. People that plan to just breeze by, need to rethink how they go about things.

Madison

My classmates are welcoming and friendly.

My classmates are welcoming and friendly.

If I could go back in time, knowing what I know now, I would have made a bigger effort to get involved on campus. When I came to EKU for my visits and orientation, everyone was making a big deal about how important it was to get involved in a sorority or a club right away. I never understood this until my roommate moved out, leaving me to live by myself. It has been very hard to go through a semester of college living alone and not having anyone to talk to. My biggest mistake was not listening to my advisors when they said to get involved and make new friends.

The thing I would brag about most are the GURUS we have on campus. They are tutors that are flexible in several different subjects and they are located in three different locations on campus. They can also be accessed online!

Jamie

focused and hardworking.

focused and hardworking.

Go to all the orientations and new student meetings that you can that way you are better prepared and know what to expect for the next four years.

The professors most if not all have soe experience in the field that they are actually teaching the classes for so you get to know what it is actually like and what to expect after you graduate and get a job.

Jenell

The following is what I would say. Jenell we need to sit down and talk about college. You are now a senior and should have some idea of what you would like to study at college. College is a big step from high school. I know you have been studying hard to maintain good grades, but college is very different. College teachers do not remind you of up coming assignments. They do not ask for them, but expect you to turn them in on time. Should you not be able to attend class, you need to notify your instructor, and obtain your missed assignments. You should have a couple of your classmates numbers. Jenell, do not declare a major when first beging college. Complete your basic studies and give yourself time to decide on what you want to study. Keep your grades up, ask questions, and participate in class. Should you not understand something request clarification, most likely there are others who need clarification too. Rememberyou are paying your instructor to learn, so obtain the most out of each class. Jenell, remember to have fun, study hard, meet new people, but be careful. Live life to it's fullest.

If i could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school student , i would say to myself . Go and meet with your couselor every week and your i.e.p manager , ask questions on test i could take for college . I would advised myself to look more into college selections and also to have made a more wiser choice of time as in when i should have enrolled and picked up more healthier study habbits. Also go and take tours of the campus and made appointments to talk to financial aid, advisors at the school of choice and looked over all the programs the school has available and also, look more into a tutor outside of school.

AnnaLeigh

I would tell myself to get on to scholarships a lot earlier. I suffered a lot through my senior year, and now, having to deal with fighting others for the little amount of money thats begin given out. I also would push myself to try more things such as go further into my sewing and my acting so that I may have other things to gain money from. But when it comes to the actual transition, I would have myself study more and learn better studying tecniques. I struggled a lot this past semester having to deal with not knowing how to prepare for tests and other exams and papers. I believed I was smart enough to just cruise by, and though that worked in high school, its not something that helps in college. Looking back, I just wished I would have worked harder for my future and I would have pushed my past self to do just that.

Contributing to the aformentioned attendance policy, the school just seems to be too controlling for a public university. Not only is it now a dry campus, which is hard enough on its own with my school having so many veterans, it has recently become a tabaccoo free campus which I believe will be very detrimental to the sucess of the study body. Many students on campus feel as though we are being pushed back to a more high school like setting, which takes away from the experience of the freedom of college.

Olivia

Inspiring teachers, inspiring students.

Inspiring teachers, inspiring students.

The best schools doesn't mean the best education. If you work hard enough, apply yourself and make a great portfolio that is all that matters. A degree from a big name school doesn't compare to a great portfolio. Stop being scared of whether you're good enough. Keep practicing and practicing art and coding and you'll make it there, you'll see.

How excited other people in my major can get over their projects. It inspires me to work hard.

Jamie

If I could go back in time and tell my senior self anything about going to college, I think I would tell myself to go with your gut and go to your dream school no matter what anyone else tells you because you do not want to regret it later. Just because the family thinks they know best does not mean they do, only you know what is best for you and you need to do what you need to do. You are the only who has to deal with the decision you made for the rest of your life.

Finding a parking space, thats why I decided to car pool with friends from my town who go to the same school.

danielle

The advice I would give myself is to not worry about changing yourself so that others can like you because being yourself is what makes people like you for simply you.

I think everyone who is willing to learn and get a degree for their particular major should be allowed to attend school. I think attending a school should not be based on how rich, popular or what background you come from it should solely be based on academic performance. Hence I think persons who are not willing to learn and get a degree should not attend school.

Eastern Kentucky University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.