Richmond, KY
Eastern Kentucky University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Eastern Kentucky University

AnnaLeigh

I would tell myself to get on to scholarships a lot earlier. I suffered a lot through my senior year, and now, having to deal with fighting others for the little amount of money thats begin given out. I also would push myself to try more things such as go further into my sewing and my acting so that I may have other things to gain money from. But when it comes to the actual transition, I would have myself study more and learn better studying tecniques. I struggled a lot this past semester having to deal with not knowing how to prepare for tests and other exams and papers. I believed I was smart enough to just cruise by, and though that worked in high school, its not something that helps in college. Looking back, I just wished I would have worked harder for my future and I would have pushed my past self to do just that.

Contributing to the aformentioned attendance policy, the school just seems to be too controlling for a public university. Not only is it now a dry campus, which is hard enough on its own with my school having so many veterans, it has recently become a tabaccoo free campus which I believe will be very detrimental to the sucess of the study body. Many students on campus feel as though we are being pushed back to a more high school like setting, which takes away from the experience of the freedom of college.

Olivia

Inspiring teachers, inspiring students.

Inspiring teachers, inspiring students.

The best schools doesn't mean the best education. If you work hard enough, apply yourself and make a great portfolio that is all that matters. A degree from a big name school doesn't compare to a great portfolio. Stop being scared of whether you're good enough. Keep practicing and practicing art and coding and you'll make it there, you'll see.

How excited other people in my major can get over their projects. It inspires me to work hard.

Jamie

If I could go back in time and tell my senior self anything about going to college, I think I would tell myself to go with your gut and go to your dream school no matter what anyone else tells you because you do not want to regret it later. Just because the family thinks they know best does not mean they do, only you know what is best for you and you need to do what you need to do. You are the only who has to deal with the decision you made for the rest of your life.

Finding a parking space, thats why I decided to car pool with friends from my town who go to the same school.

danielle

The advice I would give myself is to not worry about changing yourself so that others can like you because being yourself is what makes people like you for simply you.

I think everyone who is willing to learn and get a degree for their particular major should be allowed to attend school. I think attending a school should not be based on how rich, popular or what background you come from it should solely be based on academic performance. Hence I think persons who are not willing to learn and get a degree should not attend school.

Kristian

I would tell myself to first of all, drop the Rock n' Roll, ripped jeans and heavy metal look because it just makes me look like a bum. I would also tell myself to not worry about what all the other kids thought about me because it doesn't matter; most of those people who made fun of you are going to end up not being as promising or as successful as you are now. When you get to college you are going to create many friends and connections that will possibly brighten your future; just remember that there is every kind of person out there so try to make good with everybody. You are going to feel like you've been sent to summer camp for the first month but you will get homesick, so please call Mom every now and then to talk to her; trust me it will make your transition to college a little easier. Also, spend your money wisely and save it when you can because when you're on your own, your on your own. As for the ladies, I'm still trying to figure that puzzle out, so just keep being yourself Kristian.

If you hate a beautiful campus that is big but also a small town feel then EKU is not for you. If you are narrow minded about anything in the social world then you might feel a little uncomfortable here.

It is a great school with many people to get along with. I love the sports, campus life, and the education that I'm recieving here at Eastern and would never change my mind about choosing this place.

Anthony

Not the most educated group of people.

Not the most educated group of people.

I would tell myself to do exactly what I did and turn down the scholarships that were offered to me and continue to join the United States Army and serve my country. I would also instruct myself to take more advantage of college during my six years in the Army.

Anyone looking for an Ivy League experience.

Melissa

If I could go back, I would tell myself to take some time off before I started school. Taking time off to work, question myself and allowing the world to open my eyes has strengthened my pursuits in my passion. When I first started college, I was a Marine Biology major. Many of the related experiences formed and shaped me as a person. From holding seastars for visitors at a science center to training as a euthanasia technician, I went through a huge personal growth. None of these experiences were obtained from going to school. I did not have the drive and failed my science classes. After taking a year off, I discovered that I did not actualy want to be a veterinarian and that there was another route to my dream job. Within my first semester back, a charcoal peice I did was in a student show. After three years back, I am now more excited and driven then ever before for my studies. I am refreshed in my outlook and have have seen my life without higher education... And quite frankly, I was "scared straight". Noone wants to clean toilets for the rest of their life.

trang

I am a high school senior from class of 2006. I am proud of my studying now. I worked hard to go into college. However, college environment is new, big, and complex environment. I will meet many changes, new challenges. I need to find, learn new skills to adapt to this environment. I will learn all skills in school as well as out of society. I will not be afraid of the difficulties. Although I am in any circumstances, I will try to finish my tasks well. Because I have only one wish that I can perfect myself through the life.

kaitlin

I wish I would have made better grades so I would have recieved more kiis money.

i was unaware I would need to apply for the BFA program as an art student.

After two years of college and about to transfer out of community college, I have learned a lot about myself and life. In high school I was convinced that everyone should go away to school, that community college would not give you the same education or experience you would get going away. However, going to a community college was actually the best choice I ever made. Getting a good education and maybe even a better one that allowed me to stay home, work part-time and get a promotion. My friends have debt that has only half accumulated; I was able to keep my debt minimal before going to a 4-year school. Community college allowed the transition from high school to college easier and more enjoyable. My advice to my high school self would be not to be in such a rush to grow up and leave. That community college is not a bad place to start but the smart place. Sometimes it is better to enjoy life and the possibilities that await you.

Eastern Kentucky University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.