Richmond, KY
Eastern Kentucky University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Eastern Kentucky University

Lindsay

EKU is very involved in promoting diversity on campus. Other schools that I looked at didn't seem as invested in educating their students about diversity or how students could get involved in some sort of diversity program.

Before coming to college, I had a vary narrow view of the world and the people that lived in it. By attendng EKU my eyes have been opened to a whole new world. I have learned about different cultures, religions, sexualities, and ideologies. I am a more understanding and accepting person because of the experience I've had while attending EKU. In my future I believe this will help me because I will better be able to understand how people think on certain topics and why they think they way they do. By being a diverse person, I can better communicate with others affectively and understand the culture from which they come.

The most frustrating thing and EKu is the parking on campus. During the week you can hardly find a parking spot and if you do, it's in the farthest spot from where you are going. There are not enough student parking spots and more than half of campus is employee parking. I think a parking garage or another parking lot should be built.

Willis

Eastern Kentucky University is academically comptetitive, socially stiumulating, and committed to improving.

Eastern Kentucky University is best known for its excellent Criminal Justice and Aviation programs, as well as a very good Recreation program.

Attending college at Eastern Kentucky has forced me to grow in my ability to make good decisions. Academic decisions include choosing a major, deciding what I want to do vocationally, determining how hard I will try to get excellent grades. There are many social decisions as well, from choosing to drink or not, to deciding what extracurricular activities to attend. I chose to join my school's rugby club, in order to keep fit, have fun, and build friendships. I also chose to attend all my classes and put in the necessary work to keep a 4.0 GPA. I have also decided to go against the flow and not participate in any underage drinking, because I have seen too many people do too many stupid things while drunk., and I belived in respecting the laws of my country. I enjoy college, because it is the doorway to the rest of my life. I am getting better at making big decisions, and good ones.

One in a million, everybody has there own out look on life and we grow stronger when we are together.

Leaving home might have been the hardest thing for me to do. But attending Eastern Kentucky has showed me that no matter what happens you become a family with the friends around you. Living here for the past two months has been great and has allowed me to talk to people I would have never expected to. The campus is beautiful and having friends to go to in the time of need is great. This campus is home. Its more like a small hometown were everybody knows everybody. Its the best feeling in the world to be able to attend class and have a one on one experience with you teacher for a better understanding on what is going on in class.

You should not attend eastern kentucky if you are not willing to work with others, this school offers a broad ideas to help you grow and you need to be able to work well with the ones who are different from you.

Nathan

the most i have gotten out of college so far is the knowledge from the teachers that are helping me become a teacher so i can give back to kids. the reason i want to give back is the teachers i had in high school did not give me the knowledge i needed to start college i want kids to be ready for college an the real world. my teachers did not get me ready for the college work load and how the teachers would do things in college. it has been valuable to attend this school because it is a top notch school for teachers to graduate from.

about how the school gives me a chance to be who i want to be and gives me the best chance to succeed in lilfe.

Mikyla

The size is unique. I considered many larger schools, but this one feels more like a community. Everyone gets to interact and you always can find someone you know or recognize where ever you are.

I have learned a great deal about communicating, working with, and surviving in the world. You learn things about life that you can not learn in a high school setting, or even in going right out into the job world. You learn about many different cultures, and people, and you learn how to interact with them. College has been valuable to me because of all of these things. The friendships I have made while in college are priceless.

I think the personal feeling of my school is the best. I attended a large college before this one and I felt more like a number than a student. My school does very well about making me feel as if I am just as important to them as they are to me.

My classmates at Eastern are one helluva mixed bunch, filled with diffrent backgrounds, accents, and strong opinions.

Choosing to go to school in Kentucky, a 14 hour drive from where I was born and raised in New Jersey has been an amazing experience that I wouldn't trade for anything. So far, and so early into college, I already feel more well rounded and adjusted to the world outside the "bubble" of my hometown. College is going to prove to be invaluable to me in the job market and in the real world simply because I know more about what makes up the world we live in. People are going to talk different, think different, and be different, and I really have learned to appreciate that. I've also learned that making a mistake is not the end of the world. Mistakes are meant to be learned from. Whether it has been walking into the wrong class, answering a question in class with another century in mind, or making the wrong roommate choice, there is nothing that cannot be learned from and improved upon. College has made sure that I learn to laugh at myself, and make friends that I can laugh along with. Overall, college has been a learning experience in so many ways.

The worst thing about Eastern Kentucky University would be how small the school can feel sometimes. Everyone makes social goof-ups their first year and everyone wants to be alone once in a while, but Eastern makes that difficult. Yes, it can be great walking across campus and being able to wave to someone everywhere you go. But, even with 8,000 students on campus, your roommate's boyfriend's gym pal's study buddy, always seems to have class with that guy who you gave your number too the night you forgot to put your contacts in. Ouch!

College has been an eye opening experience. I have learned so much in just two years at school. The primary reason that i've learned so much is because I actually want to be there. I choose the courses to take which makes me interested in the subjects. I would have never imagined that I would actually retain as much knowledge as I have. I come home each night and actually get excited about what I've learned in the classroom. I exercise my brain fully each day that I attend. I am attentive and alert to all the information and experiences that are provided in front of me. Each class I think about moving closer to the goal of someday having my dream career. I would recommend college to anyone questioning the process. It has been a valuable experience that I wouldn’t trade for anything. The journey has been difficult, but no good things come easy. In addition, no one can ever take away the knowledge that I’ve gained. Not only has college given me an education but it has allowed me to be comfortable in my own skin and find the person that I truly am.

From what I have seen during orientation, they are very smart and competitive.

I have not started classes yet. I have had contact with some of my future class mates during cheerleadingpractice and camp. As far as why its has been valuable. I cant answer the quest tion that why. Why will be it of value. i plan to pursue my Masters in Forensic Biology and I plan to work one day for the FBI. The education it will get from EKU will make me more marketable in the work force. they have one of the best Forensic programs in the nation. I am honored to be accepted into their program.

Jordan

I was not impressed or challenged academically.

Serious party school. Mostly KY kids from the eastern/central KY that couldn't get into better state schools. ] Real suitcase college - most kids oack up and go home every weekend, especially those not in a greek org.

Eastern Kentucky University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.