Richmond, KY
Eastern Kentucky University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Eastern Kentucky University

Mick

Diverse individuals with varying levels of open-mindedness.

Diverse individuals with varying levels of open-mindedness.

In order to fully take in and appreciate the life of a college student you must devote yourself to being one. Immediately get involved with clubs and take at least a semester before deciding to join any lifelong commitments, like fraternities or sororities. Rediscover yourself using the new friend base you have from orientation classes. Try to get into whatever Honors Program the school offers, they typically aren?t terribly difficult compared to regular general education class but offer way more opportunities. Do not allow yourself to get caught up in superficial things like: cars, money, sex, drinking. Appreciate those around you and remember that for the next two to four years, or even six, school and everything that comes with it is your new life.

Any kind of person who wishes to get a supreme education with no budget cap.

Betsy

I would let myself know that EKU is a very good academic school even though it lacks in the social aspect. I would remind myself that working hard in college pays off in the long run. By keeping a positive outlook on life and setting goals for yourself, makes you successful. It is very important that you keep your future in mind while making decisions and to stay focused. I would also remind myself that school is very important, but a person needs to have fun. It relieves stress and makes life more clear. I would tell myself it is important to make close friends because you will need them when times get hard.

I think the best thing about my school is the small class sizes. When I was looking for a college to attend that was the number one thing on my list. I feel like my professors know me and I'm not just a number in my classes.

I believe a person who likes smaller class sizes, but still not know everyone would be great for this school. It is the cheapest public university in Kentucky and it offers several majors. EKU is a growing college with a lot to offer.

Holly

Being in Advanced Classes does not matter as much as you would think. At college, people don't care about your skin color, they don't care about your sexual orientation, they do care about each other. Living in the residence halls and going to programs that your Resident Assistant has for you, will allow you to meet so many new people, all with different stories to tell. Study like you should, have a social life, and live every possible minute to its fullest. Having friends and a social life is very important, these people are the ones that support you when family is not around. These are the best years of your life, they really are. You have the friends that you want, people are at the maturity levels that you need, and you are becoming more and more independant. Get involved on campus, because having friends and doing things with them is one of the biggest stress reliefs. Get excited about moving on because, in college, you have everything you have ever wanted.

I wish that I had known about some of the services offered at the school. I didn't know about our counseling center, our IT servies, gym membership, or that we were allowed to rent any electronics (examples being projectors, laptops, digital cameras). I knew what I wanted to do, and decided on Eastern Kentucky University, but I didn't know about all the things I could do on campus. EKU was better once I discovered all the services provided to students.

I believe there is too much emphasis on the fraternities and sororities. They get quite a few priviledges that most students on campus do not get. Greek life is not the most emphasized group on campus, but they do have a lot of recognition, and do get a lot more than other groups.

Laura

I would tell High School self to have fun while in college, and not to stress myself out too bad, because the friends and memories you make in college, you will carry with you for a lifetime. You can't relive the years you were an 18-24 year old college student, so make the best of it, go to a lot of sporting events, campus events, concerts, and lectures. Even if it's something you might not be that interested in, you never know who you could meet and it's an experience. Basically I would just tell my high school self to make the most out of everything, good and bad, in college. Those experiences will also help you figure out what kind of career you want to pursue. I would also recommend going to several job fairs and atleast talking with possible future employers just to find out what they do on a daily basis, to see if that's possibly something you want to do later in life. Lastly, I would say to join some kind of group, either a sports team, intramural team, sorority, or church group, just be a part of something.

Everyone is really friendly, there are alot of fun activities planned, sports are pretty big, and its small enough, but also not too small, and close to a big city.

Patrick

I would tell myself to look at organizations to get involved in ahead of time and learn how to get involved.

Troy

I would tell myself to study study STUDY!!! I never had to study in high school, and now that I am in college thats all I have to do in order to be successful!

Nothing at all. I really can't think of anything I absolutely hate. The only thing that I might not like somewhat is the choice of food. We have a food court, but it doesnt really have a good choice of food. There are only 5 food stations, with food that really gets old fast!

BreAnna

It is a smaller school, I have never had a class with more than 50 people in it including biology lecture.

Be responsible and remember to keep a balanced social life as well as academic life.

EKU is very friendly. My department is particularly small and I get to know my professors very well!

EKU has a beautiful campus. There is a lot of school pride, and it's located in Richmond so there are two malls (fairly small but with good stores). On campus you will find a Chik-fil-a, a mexican restaurant (Zoca), grilled food (Grill Workes), Einstein bagels, Java Cafe, and a Quiznos. Everything you could ever want it found on EKU's campus.

EKU's student body is very diverse and anyone will fit it here!!

NO, they are not accurate. EKU is an amazing college full of wonderfully bright professors, staff, and students. AND, it is not a "party school", you only party if you want to and I have been going here for months and have not attended one party nor have i been invited to one. It's your decision whether you want to party or not!!!

Since EKU is a small campus most of the professors learn their students names, and have office hours if you want to meet with them outside of class to discuss problems you are havings. There are always hundreds of students at the library studying and it's very easy to find people making study groups.

People say EKU is a huge party school. People say that EKU is a bunch of hicks from KY

Nathan

The most unique feature about this campus is the living arrangements. Here Fraternities and Sorities live in dormitories together, they also can house you with people that are in your current degree program, you just do not find many schools were the housing arrangements are taylored to fit.

If I could go back and talk to myself in high school I would have stressed the point that college life is about having fun while doing good in class. I would also have explained that professors expect excellence out you rather than letting you slide like some high school teachers do. I would have reminded myself that hard work got me that grades in high school and to make sure that I carried them over with me as I made into college. The point would have been made that I was becoming an adult and remind myself that my parents wouldn't be there to get me up in the morning and help me along the way. Time management would have been part of the discussion. I would have also chosen to have come to EKU straight out of high school because that is where my occupational choice would lead me to in the future anyways.

The only downside that I can see towards EKU is their attendance policy. They only give you a certain amount of days that you can miss and if you go over, no matter what the reason, you recieve an automatic F for the course.

Eastern Kentucky University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.