Richmond, KY
Eastern Kentucky University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Eastern Kentucky University

Meghan

I love it here! Everyone is so helpful and pushes to have you at your best! There are so many nice people around campus that are friendly and helpful. The professors are always offering help or helping with a problem, and it isn't hard to get into contact with them. Problems are addressed quickly. I love it, so much nicer than other campuses I've been to.

nichole

There isn't really any stereotypes that I'm aware of.

There isn't really any stereotypes that I'm aware of.

In my opinion it would be key geeks.

They're very good, the teachers really make sure you know the material.

Asaad

I really recommend this school because the professors are great in teaching the material, and the students are very friendly....

It depends, some are geeks, some are awesome, some are just attending to pass by.

Honor's Program Greek Life Fraternities Sororities, Student Government. Volunteering Community Service

I'm a major in Biology and General studies. My favorite class is Physiology. Most of the students that I know are very competitive. I don't go to office hours that much, unfortunately. However, when I do my professors are always willing to help.

Eager to learn, but not realistic in their expectations

Eager to learn, but not realistic in their expectations

Education, Ciminal Justice, and Forensic Science as majors

I would tell myself not to be afraid to be yourself and put yourself out there to make friends. It is not so difficult to approach people you might really enjoy spending time with. Do not pass up an opportunity to socialize with new people because they might become your best friends. I would also advise never to wait until the last minute to do any type of assignment or hesitate to ask questions. Your professors are there to help you, and they want you to learn and be successful. Having a good relationship with your professors will help you both short-term and long-term, and they will even help when you do not ask.

EKU is a high-spirited, diversified school.

EKU is a high-spirited, diversified school.

If I were to go back in time and be able to give myself advice, I would tell myself to not be afraid. As a highschool student, I was very fearful of the unknown, as many students are at that time. I was afraid of not succeeding, not getting my dream job, I always wanted to please everyone and be the best at everything I did. I soon realized that this was not a realistic expectation and I was only human. Not succeeding at something didn't mean I was a failure, it just meant I had to try something different to succeed. I couldn't have a fear of what people thought about me because not everyone is going to be a positive influence on me and realize my dreams. So, in addition to having no fear, I would tell myself to "dream bigger." Take chances. Go against the flow. Do what I felt was in my heart, even if others disagreed with me. Live like today is the last day that I had on earth, be wise, and take risks.

I believe the best thing about my school is the cultural diversity. There are many different types of ethnicities and backgrounds represented throughout campus. The various activities and presentations allow each culture to be on display in fun and creative ways. From dance, to music, to art, EKU is a great was to heighten your awarness of different cultures.

Jenna

Don't sweat the small things, you feel like you know nothing or nobody when leaving home for college. However, looking back almost all freshman feel that way. Don't ever take your time in college for granted, because here you will meet your future colleagues, future bridesmaids, and even your solemate. There will always be parties, so don't let anyone let you feel like a loser for staying in on the weekend to study because in the long run it will pay off. Read your textbooks, ask questions, engage with your professors; the more your put yourself out there the better connections you will make in the long run that will most likely be beneficial to you. But most importantly, don't blink because college is over with before you know it.

The limited parking is probably the worst thing about EKU, since we pay for parking tickets one would think that would give a larger variety for students to park. However, this is not the case. Almost all student life is confined to a few parking lots.

There is very limited parking at EKU, you can rarely park anywhere without either walking a mile to your destination or without getting a ticket. On campus food could use some improvements as well.

The advice that I would give myself is that I need to work harder to get better grades to get more scholarships, along with going out and getting a credit card so that I could build credit for myself so that I can get school loans all on my own.

How to find more money for school. I also wish I would have known that I needed credit to get loans and would have gotten myself a credit card while in high school.

The most frustrating part about my school is trying to find money to pay my bill. My financial aid doesnt always cover everything and I have to find loans or scholarships to help pay for the rest, but I have to find a cosigner because my parents are unable to help me and my family is not willing to help me.

Karyn

Conservative people with lots of common sense who don't want to sit at a desk for the rest of their lives.

The diversity of socioeconimic status of the student who go here. The ability for me to participate in so many different activites and still handle my coursework.

Kelsey

Wildlife Society meetings in my department. Football is a big attractant, as well as basketball. Lots of students work out.

Of course, college has all kinds of people involved, all with different backgrounds. But, when it comes down to working together in class, everybody jumps on board and is involved in the assignments.

On point. We have a very good staff in my department.

Eastern Kentucky University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.