Springfield, MO
Evangel University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Evangel University

Brianna

So far, in my college experience, I have only attended Evangel University to take a tour of the campus and meet up with some students already attending Evangel, yet because of my experience, I feel like I am already a part of the Evangel family. When taking a tour of the campus, our student guide had been very helpful in answering our questions and added an extra "umph" to the tour because she told us all about her Evangel experience as a student. It took my interests into a whole new universe. I fell absolutely in love with Evangel. I also stayed overnight in a dormitory with one of the students, and I not only met new Evangel students, but also I learned how much more I could get out of college other than just an education. I could get the whole experience of new friends from different states and countries, and I could experience the ministry in a whole new spotlight because of the college mission trips that Evangel offers. Now, with Evangel on my life plan, I know that my life journey will be spiritually enriching and joyful. '

The worst thing about Evangel University is that there seems to be nothing wrong with the school. This can be good or bad, but for me this is very good.

A dedicated person who is committed to a relationship with Jesus Christ and who has high expectations for their college dormitory, classes, and staff should attend Evangel University. The student does not need to have full confidence in themselves to attend Evangel University because the students at Evangel, that this student will meet, will be kind and caring enough to guide this student through their classes and the beginning of their college life. With God and Evangel, the kind of student that attends Evangel will have a strong confident environment that does not allow judgment and put-downs.

Roby

At first, college was something that I wasn't doing for me. This was something that I was doing for my parents. Even though I am married and moved away, I still want them to be impressed with my life. One day, I saw a video of a musician on YouTube. He was a boy in the sixth grade and he was spectacular. When I saw him, I thought "I love playing music. I can mar in music at my college and further my talents. This way I can be sure that music will be part of my future." That was when I decided to make my dream my reality. Now I cannot wait for my next semester full of music classes, and I am very excited to be growing in that which I love. I have dreams, but they are not foolish. I am shooting for the stars and I am very determined to reach my goals. I never thought that something that could help me do thatwould be a college education, but that is how it is looking for me. I have never been so excited to get back to school.

Evangel University is a great school and I have nothing to say about it that would be a worst thing. If I had to write something though, it would be arrogance. Some people at our University are very stuck up and unteachable, but this is an aspect of every college. There are always many young arrogant minds that are set completely in their ways.

The kind of person that should attend Evangel is one who is serious about growing in their abilities for their carreer as well as their relationship wth God. Evangel is an intimate campus with many advantages to that of a larger university. Students can improve academically as well as spiritually with help from great professors and staff.

Kendall

I see it as a way to achieve a lifelong goal. A stepping stone, momentum, the ability to grow, develop, and create contacts and relationships to last a lifetime. One should always be learning through life, and college is a opportunity for one to learn in depth, hopefully guide towards the next learning step.

Alexa

I like the small setting, and the christian aspect. For me I learn by listening and interacting and I think this campus is a good fit for me.

It is very expensive. My family has had alot of financial hardships theses past few years and its been a strain on my parents. I didn't care enough about my grades in high school and now I am paying the price!!! I know I could have done much better and now its been hard for me to qualify for any grants and scholarships.

Christian values are emphasised along with the academic knowledge. Professors are really friendly, and there are many resources available to help make the experience easier.

I spent most of my senior year immersed in applying for colleges and scholarships while trying to end my high school activities on a high note. If I could go back and talk to myself during that time, I would savor what time I had left there, but start preparing for a radical transition. I would have made sure to investigate the extracurricular activies available in the colleges I was considering. The university I ended up at doesn't really have the activities I'm interested in. Mainly I would advise myself to consider things other than academics and finances. I spent to much time just trying to get everything in on time; I wish I would have taken more time to stop and think.

Evangel is a school for those serious about a Christian education. Evangel is not a school for those not interested in strengthening their Christian character. Evangel is also not for those unwilling to hold themselves to a high moral standard.

Lianna

The advice I would give to myself would be not to sit around and think that things are going to just happen, you have to go out and really get it yourself. You don't want to think that you are going to get all these 'things' and then when you go to get it, it's not going to be there. I would also say not to wait at the last minute to do something. Really time out what your going to do and how your going to do your work and not wait until the night before to start it. But my most important piece of advice would be to just have fun. Don't worry about whats going to happen just do it.

I would say that the best thing about my school is the atsmoshpere. I say that because you can always feel the God's presence around you. If you are hundreds of miles away from home, like I am, you really need that feeling around you, saying that you are ok and also you need friends around you to support you and comfort you with what your doing and the choices that you make.

Honestly I would have to say that the worst thing about my school is the mail. This is just my experiences but I love getting mail but everytime I open my mail box I usually never get any and that really stinks. My parents don't really have the money to keep sending my things.

Lindsay

A place where the glory of God is spread over all who step foot on the campus; and where education is more than just a career for professors but their calling in this life.

Evangel University is a wholesome environment that challenges each student to be the best they can be. The small class room size provides an interactive environment allows better opportunities to succeed in that particulat field of study. I have been to a large state school and the environment wasn't as welcoming as the environment at Evangel. This is an atomoshphere where one is always greeted with a smile and needs quickly attended too. I truly believe that Evangel is a great place to open the mind to one's spiritual and educational life.

If I could go back to High School and redo my college decision I would. I would tell myself to take the process more seriously. As a college junior that has now walked through the doors of four universities, I understand the importance of college visits, talking with guidance counselors, or even interacting with other students who have attended the university. It is important to find that university that feels like home; it is important to find that family like atmosphere. I truly feel this is huge key to a successful college career. As an athlete I was offered the opportunity to attend a number of colleges, and instead of making an informed decision I went where I was offered the best scholarship. It was a time in my life where I questioned a lot of my life?s decisions because that college was not the best fit for me. Quickly moving home and trying to find the path to discover myself again, I ran across Evangel University. This college offered me a scholarship out of high school and I passed it up, but if I would have listened, God knew this college was my fit in the first place.

Joshua

Looking back on my senior year, I would tell myself to push harder than I had. I was satisfied with my good grades of "B+", but the future is always easier if we take advantage of every opportunity we are given in the moment. I would tell myself to not cut myself short when studying for tests and doing projects. Pushing me beyond my comfort zone of studying is what I would tell myself as a senior in high school. With is being senior year, everyone has that case of ?senioritis? and does not want to do school work at times, and I admit that it got to me on several occasions. On tests, instead of getting an "A", I got a "B" because I did not study as much as I needed to get an "A". Now that I am in college, I?m not making that mistake. I?m taking advantage of every bonus point and grade and pushing myself to study as much as I need to in order to become an all "A" student when I graduate college.

Before coming to college, I wish I had known how much it was going to cost living on my own. I knew basic items I needed such as food, laundry detergent, and books, but I was caught off guard by how much it was going to cost. As the weeks went on, I found myself continuously making trips to Wal-Mart for other necessities that I did not have to pay for when living at home such as toiletries, cleaning supplies, and school supplies. Looking back, I wish I had saved up more money for these items.

The worst thing about my college is that they do not serve meals in the cafeteria on Sunday nights. This makes students go out and spend money on dinner instead of being able to use the meal plans that they have paid for by means of loans or scholarships to feed them. The students are forced to go out and spend more money than needed to pay for food because that cafeteria is not open for that evening.

Alicia

I would tell myself to take advantage of the harder classes offered and make due with what is available at my high school. I would tell my self to study as hard as I possibly can to get a high score on my ACT. I would also tell myself to have fund raisers and raise money so that I can have money for books and things as well as money down on my tuition. I would tell myself to be more outgoing when approaching college life and to embrace it with open arms because its the pathway to another chapter my life.

I consider the worst thing to be the tuition. It costs me 23,000 dollars a year to attend this school and it's sad because I am gettind deeper in to debt just to attend a good christian school. Money is hard to come by on my end and so loans are my only option. I need every scholarship that I can get so my parents aren't under strain as well. Other than that I love this school and everything it offers!

Again, as I stated before the money issue. Scholarships are very hard to come by unless you have a really high gpa or have a really good score on your act and for students like me who went to a highschool where the teachers didn't care my ACT scores suffered because I wasn't taught so therefore I don't qualify for much financial aid.

Erika

My school is amazing, I love everything about it.

My school is amazing, I love everything about it.

I would tell myself to get involved in anything and everything! Of course spend time on studies and academics but you always need a little fun time, it helps alot! Just be nice to everyone and be open to being anyones friend, because most likely one day you might need something from that person or they might have a class with you. College is a huge eye opener to the real world, but is a great experience also!

I wish someone would of told me to get involved in everything. I spent my first semester worrying about grades and trying to get perfect acedemics when you really do need to take the time to have some fun! I also wish someone would of told me not to bring so much stuff, the dorms aren't as big as you may think!

Evangel University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.