Springfield, MO
Evangel University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Evangel University

Jill

Very academic and a fantastic music department.

Very academic and a fantastic music department.

When I was in High school. I didn't think that I would ever attend a university. I chose to not take the SAT's or the ACT's. That was a terrible choice. I did manage to make it into a university, however, SAT and ACT test scores are very important in desiphering what level of classes to take. I would have spent a little more time in learning how to write compostion pieces too. I have found out that there is a lot of writing invlolved in college classes. You need to be able to write fluently. College is also very expensive. I wish that I would have spent the time earning scholarships and figuring out how to pay for college at least a few years in advance. Now, I struggle with paying as my parents can not afford to assist me in college payments. Needless to say that I am trying to find a job, be a full time student and keep good grades as well as earn enough money to pay for school. It's tough, but stich with it, you can achieve anything you put your mind to.

The best thing about my school would have to be the atmasphere. People are very friendly, professors are willing to help you understand what you are having trouble with. It is a very academic school and you will get an excellent education, which is the most important.

Andrew

I would tell myself to take advantage of the money I was making at the time and save, save, save!!! I was preparing to become management and was going to a community college; my costs were rather low and my income was around $1300/month and yet I had no savings when I transferred to the university. Money is one of the biggest issues I have faced, and with a little planning earlier on, it could have potentially been avoided.

It is rather difficult to find financial aid outside of the stafford loans; of course, if you aren't a minority and are middle class, its almost impossible to get any additional aid, especially at a private university.

Someone who doesn't value a Christian worldview.

Andrew

I would tell myself that working hard for an A average for all four years of high school can be "lost" by going to a community college, having mediocre grades, and then transferring to a university. Had I gone from high school straight to a university, I would have had a better financial aid situation. However, during my year at community college, I also worked as a manager, fifty hours per week. I wouldn't trade that experience for anything. With all that being said, I would tell myself that any course of action has different consequences, but that if I am following my calling, I will reach my final destination.

More about financial aid, loans, scholarships.

The professors are very intelligent but they are also very personable. I am a pre-med student and I absolutely love all of my professors. I can talk with them about numerous issues and they are so helpful!

Andrea

If I were to go back in time I would tell myself one thing: stay true to yourself! College is a time where you are finally off on your own, making important decisions in life that will one day affect your future. By remaining true to who you are, so many doors can open and opportunities arise that not only strengthen you as a person but also help in self-discovery; sand further your hopes and dreams. Think of college as a clean slate, no one knows who you are or your past, this is a time where you can decide who you want to be. Getting involved and meeting new people is just the tip of the iceberg, so go out there and be social! You will not want to look back one day and think "what if"...so hold nothing back. LIfe is an adventure, live it to the fullest. You may be shy, have doubts, or wonder what people will think about you but in all reality it doesn't matter. My greatest piece of advice would be to step out of your comfort zone and enjoy the best 4 years of your life.

I think the best thing has got to be the professor's passion for teaching. The fact that they care for each and every one of their students and want to see them succeed means alot. They exemplify this by staying after hours and coming in early. They are always available for questions and are willing ot set up extra class time for students to do well in their class. I am glad I was not just a number amongst a room of 500 students but that all of my professors throughout 4 years knew me personally.

I brag most about the great student-teacher ratio (17-1) which allows for a lot of one on one time with professors. Within your first semester you will know your professors so well they become your second family. They truly care how well you do and want you to succeed. The small-school environment allows you to build lasting friendships among the student population (1200) that carry on even after college.

edward

If I could go back into time I would definately change my commitment to my scholl work. Now I realize how important it is to have good grades to get into good programs. And everything you do in college goes towards the long-term.

A person that is focused in his or academics, and has a strong belief in God.

Adam

My classmates are dedicated, passionate, hard-working, fun-loving, and awesome people to be around in and out of class.

My school is much smaller than most schools I considered which gives a much smaller class size which I love as well as being a religious school which attracts a different type of student than a state school.

The college life is quite different from school. I knew that I would be responsible for my own actions but I didn't know the extent that it would be completely up to me to get my work done. Also, the social aspect of college isn't something I was quite expecting, not fully realizing how close I would become with people in my classes and my residence hall. I have found my lifelong friends and love it. I would tell myself to prepare for studying many more hours than in hugh school and doing fewer worksheets, busy work is a thing of the past in college. I would also say, make sure you have some people skills, because there are so many people to meet, you won't remember every person, but they enrich your time away, support you in struggles and in the absence of family, and in general make life exciting.

Pray! Don't rely on yourself to make this huge decision. God has an incredible plan for your life and has an amazing college in mind for you. You wouldn't want to miss out on an amazing thing God has planned for you just because you made this huge decision on your own.

The people!! The friendliness of the campus distinguishes Evangel from any other. It is relational to the core. You build life long friendships; you are always around encouraging people, challenging you to be the person God has called you to be! It is a small enough campus that you know most everyone. You look forward to every part of your day, classes, lunch, dinner, in between classes, etc. because you know you're going to run into amazing people! Not only are the students friendly but the professors, faculty and staff also contribute to the amazing atmosphere on campus.

The rules! Although they are enforced for our benefit, it is sometimes frusterating. Freshman and sophomores have curfew, you can only hang out in a room of the opposite sex 3 times a week from 7-11pm. They don't let you drink or go out ever, even if you are 21. Although I think it is very good for some students-because they won't be tempted to do things that could cause them to stumble, it is frusterating because I don't feel like I have any freedom.

Priscilla

While in highschool I didn't know were to go, there were many opportunities offered and very expectations. When I decided how to choose the perfect college/university wasn't easy , but as a believer I knew that God had a place for. It took me several weeks of prayer to choose the right university for . The one were I knew God wanted me in and more than likely a University that would give me a future that I saw myself into. My best advice to parents and students is that no matter what institution they decide to go but what makes the difference is how much are you going to give. Because it can be the best University but if they come with a mentality of non achievers then it will be a loose of time. Always give your best no matter what.

Honestly I haven't found any thing wrong in my University. Its a very peaceful place full of joy and most of full of the Holy Spirit .

Any one who would like to see a difference and make a difference in their lifes should definetly go to this institution.

Chad

It is best known for having a wonderful chapel on the eastside of campus and for having a wonderful beautiful campus. It is also known for having a wonderful Bible the theology department.

I would just tell people that to go to a school that reminds them of high school so that the transition from high school to college wont be that big. I know for me when I went from a small high school to a pretty big university was a huge trasition. It was hard to meet new people, get to where you need to be, and to get your homework done just because of the expectations that a university has over a high school where they make sure you get your stuff done.

A person to attend this school is someone that wants to get christian based learning and how to put God into everything that you do in life.

As a student, you may feel overwhelmed about the college decision process, trying to balance your own personal interests with parents' practicality. Weighing all of the options sometimes seems to cause more stress than discovery, especially when comparing tuition costs, location, and academic programs of several excellent schools. Collaborate with your parents to create a list of the top three factors that you are looking for in a college and rank all of the possible choices. Do research, visit campuses, and ask current students what they like and dislike about their experiences! If finances are a limiting factor in the decision process, apply for scholarships and grants, but understand that you may need to compromise with your parents if they are paying for college and only have a certain budget. It is important to remember that no college decision is permanent, so don't worry about making the wrong decision. Look for ways to get involved on your campus through dorm life, clubs, athletics, etc. Even if it may seem uncomfortable at first, be proactive by making friends and participating in events! Lastly, you are in college to get an education, so study and take advantage of learning opportunities!

I love the sense of community on this campus; students feel like they belong here. The faculty are incredibly approachable, and many of them are willing to listen to student concerns and offer mentorship advice when needed. Since class sizes are relatively small, it is easy for professors to build relationships with their students and get to know them on a personal level. Students are incredibly friendly and are willing to reach out and help their peers. I have made some of my best friends here at school who build me up and care about my success.

Evangel University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.