Springfield, MO
Evangel University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Evangel University

Abbi

Evangel is a university whose primary focus is the spiritual life of its students and their academic life second.

The transition from high school to college is one of the most difficult and exciting transitions of your life. You'll be delighted, social, overloaded, home-sick, driven, terrified, eager, nervous, involved, exhausted, and overwhelmed all in your first few months of your college experience. There will be days where you feel like you're living the dream and other days where you're scared and ready to pack your bags and head home. My advice would be to always keep your priorities in line. When you're feeling like you're ready to give up, remember why you're there. You're learning so that you can one day go out into the world and make a difference. Never let feelings of inadequacy and fear hold you back. You are fully capapble of succeeding, and you will thrive. You'll make friendships of a lifetime, and you'll learn more about life, the world, and yourself than you ever thought possible. Always keep your eyes on God, and remember that you are smarter and stronger than you think. Don't be afraid of change or new experiences. Be adventurous, work harder than you ever have, and conquer this challenge.

People who have no interest in their spirituality or who have a disbelief in God would not enjoy this school

Alexis

Evangel is an atmosphere for different walks of life to come together and learn all they can in the hopes of achieving a degree worthy of job. It is a place to learn about what you believe about yourself and your world, then question your former beliefs and see if they withstand critism. You will challenge yourself and push through many obstacles before you finish and will be a better person because of it.

There are many things that I would do differently if I were to do it all again. I would definitely learn to read ahead and study before you go to class in order to ask appropriate questions while the teacher is advising in the classroom. I would also look online for different ways to learn a particular subject in the event the teacher does not teach to my learning needs. Another important aspect of High School is to focus on practical situations where you would really use the knowledge. Any time you have a practical application of knowledge you will remember it more easily. If there is a subject that is not your favorite, put extra time into because it may be you learn differently and could love that subject if you truly understood it as others do. Everyone is different and each has their own strengths. Know your own strengths and weaknesses so you can get help in areas you may need and help others in areas in which you excel. Push aside competition and help others because a future boss will want a team player.

Take advantage of the many activities that help build relationships with other students, but don't get too involved that you can't give your education priority. College time is short in the scope of life, give it your all and you will get the benefits of leisure time afterwards. If you have a problem in any class, go directly to the teacher. They are willing to help and they want you to succeed because it makes them look better. Teachers are there to teach and if you are not processing the information, you have to open your mouth.

Rebekah

1) Smaller class sizes which provides for more personal interaction with porfessors. 2) Quality professors who are genuinely interested in your success as a person and who will do whatever they can to help you achieve your goals. 3) Opportunities to make life-long friends, whether in your dorm, your class, your department--sometimes you may have to look harder than others, but there are definitely quality students you could get connected with.

Learn how to priortize now while it's still easy. If you can begin to manage your time wisely in high school, managing your time in college will be ten times easier! Priorities and time management are the keys to enjoying college life. Make sure you get your work done. If you cannot complete your highschool work, your college work will be much harder than it needs to be. Get your work done early so you don't have to worry about it later! Have a solid set of goals. Know what you want to accomplish and then accomplish it! You don't have to settle for the average performance or achievement. But your dreams will only become reality if you make them. So work hard and dream big! You can do it! You just have to put your mind to it and your effort into it. Go get 'em, kid!

The new Gen Ed program called "Frameworks." (Especially the four "FRWK" classes that are required.)

Jillian

Well high school self, I would just tell you to not give up any hope. You need to know that it is okay to move on from friends you had in high school, and it's okay to look towards a brighter future. Following your dream and the path God wants you to take will help you soar great heights. Things will come and after you graduate you will meet so many wonderful people. Don't be anxious about finding the one--he comes in very soon after you transfer. Focus on work and love life right now. Live each day step by step like you always have!

The type of person that should attend this school is one that understands that there are certain rules that need to be followed, and there is a strong emphasis on academics and spiritual life. It is all about the community life and friends you will make here. You should attend if you have faith to pay it through, and if you are serious about your education.

If you are not interested in a spirit filled life, then you shouldn't attend. Evangel emphasizes the spirit and is wonderful with their academic growth. You shoul not attend if you are not super serious about your education either.

My classmates are very friendly, open, and willing to help in all situations.

My classmates are very friendly, open, and willing to help in all situations.

To the girl who will start college in just a few short months: don't be afraid to fall in love. Fall in love with new people. Fall in love with your studies. Fall in love with adventures. High school friends and memories are great but the only way to truly love college is to let go and be ready to meet new friends and make new memories. You've always been one to take academics seriously, but know you really do need to study. Put your whole heart in all you do. The only way you will be succesful is to live passionately. Keep vibrancy in your friendships and a passion for what you are learning. Don't be afraid to try new things and step out of your comfort zone. True growth comes from stepping out of your box. Laugh often, love deeply, live boldy. Don't forget what you're passionate about.

When I talk to friends about my school I brag about my professors that care about my academics as well as my life.

My classmates are excited to learn and eagered to learn more.

My classmates are excited to learn and eagered to learn more.

I would tell myself that going to community college seems like a great idea, but I should just go to Evangel right away. By going to Evangel right away, I would graduate on time. If I went to Evangel right away, then I would be able to find a job that I could come back to every year instead of struggling to find one with the short amount of time I have left. Going to Evangel right away would have been a smarter move to begin with!

The atomsphere of Evangel is the best thing. I say this because everyone at this school wants you to feel welcomed and at home. Professors and other staff member are there to help the students in any way that they can. The atmosphere of this school really does make students feel like they belong here and that this school is a home away from home.

susana

I will work on my study skills and seek help more. i will also take placement tests ahead of time. i will plan my classes better and try to get advice from people who currently attend the school.

KingeAnn

If I could go back I would tell myself to be prepared for the amount of work in college. To start saving money and that its going to be easy. I would tell myself to be willing to go out of their comfort zone and make new friends and explore different oppertunities

Some one who is willling to work hard and learn. As well, someone who is looking for a spiriual faith based education where religion is intertwined with school. As well this person should be able to accept every ype of person and be willing to learn about people who are differnt from him or her.

I tell my friends about how loving the professors are to their students and how thy truly cae about each student.

Hortensia

I would share with myself, not to waste time just having fun or relaxing from school. This is the time to make use of the education opportunities. Why? when you are young, it comes easier to retain and apply. Also not to take for granted the assistance that is given. College is the time for adventure and investigation because it is so much to gain. When you get it, be serious, you will see the payoff in the end. Find something that you are interested in and stick with it. Do not allow others to sway you on your decision or direction you want to go in. College is fun and it is difficult at times, however the more you put into it, the more you will get out of it and see the benefits when it is applied. Share with her the things I am learning and how I'm going to use them. I'll share about our discussions online and the interaction I have with the instructors. Speak on things I know have been a question in our mind. Help her see the excitement that doesn't have to be put on hold. We never stop learning.

Evangel University an extremely challenging school to attend, especially if your morals and/or views do not coincide with theirs.

In my school, we are very big on christian views. We believe that every person belongs and should be attending, even though some do not feel they belong. Evangel is a christian school, with christian morals and very strict anti-alchohol policies.

You will experience a lot through college. Some of what will happen will be good, but some will be very bad. You have a tendancy to keep your thoughts to yourself and obsess over frienships too much. Broaden your horizens. Socialize more. Do NOT let what dad says get to your head. You are a strong girl. Your boyfriend is what saves you in two years, because throughout the crazy transition, you're going to hit a hard low. You will be depressed. Do NOT let this stuff get to you -- to me. And PLEASE, for the love of God, search up as many scholarships and grants as you can before school starts. If you do not, you will regret it. College is a big place, Megan. A very big place, and an even bigger change. Just because you will be away from family and friends never means you can recluse. This school wants the best for you--for us. But you just have to let it in. If not, you will get hurt, and cause unnecessary stress. Trust me, it is ridiculous. (p.s.- Hobby Lobby is a great place to work, but don't do it.)

Evangel University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.