Springfield, MO
Evangel University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Evangel University

Joseph

A place where my past, present, and future all meet to help me get a job and help change the lives of others.

In all honesty, I hated all of high school. Even though I hated high school, I wouldn't change anything about my senior year because without it I wouldn't appreciate my college experience as much. I never have enjoyed school as much as I do at Evangel University. The advice I would give myself for my senior year would simply be, "hang in there and don't worry about the next step."

The professors and friends I have at school. They are the type of people that you will have a solid relationship for the rest of your life no matter where you go after school.

Kate

I would advice myself to have more confidence. I was very insecure when I was younger and constantly felt as if I didn't measure up socially, professionally and physically. I felt as though I would never succeed in anything in life and was constantly worried that I wouldn't succeed in life. Looking back on it now, I realize that life cannot be measured in years, but only on a day to day basis and sometimes only in minutes. Worrying and stressing about years down the road will only empty today of it's strength. The key is just to take things one moment at a time and realize that everything falls into place. The things in life that work out are meant to be and those that dont you will always learn to live without. I would tell myself to relax, live each day as if it were my last and know that amazing thing are bound to happen in my future.

Darius

Transitioning from high school to college is hard because you no longer have someone telling you what to do. College is not about going to parties all the time but it is about finding out who you are and learning how to be responsible. The best advice is to never procrastinate because when you get projects and studying done early your grades will improve from it. Learn how to manage your social life and your studies because college is too expensive to be messing around and ending up with low grades that are going to be meaningless. You need to go to your classes all of the time and actually pay attention. Take good and eligible notes that you can study from and use when you need to. The most important advice I can give to you is to be yourself, don't give in to peer pressure and don't let anyone change who you are. You know that you were always about getting good grades and putting education first. Don't let anyone or anything change that. You got this, you can succeed and I know that you will become the person that you always wanted to be.

Alexis

Being a Christian school.

Being a Christian school.

I would advise myself to go to Colorado State University instead. Evangel is not what I thought it would be and I wish I had known that earlier.

I wish I would have known how judgement it would be.

Chelsie

Evangel Univeristy is a diverse school where people go to get a good enduaction and further their walk with God, making life-long friends and memories that last forever in the process.

If I could go back and talk to my high school me the advice I would give is that everyone is going through the same thing as freshmen. Am I going to get along with my roommate? Will I make any friends? Will I pass my classes? Will I LIKE my classes? Will the professors be tough? Will I like it here? Is this REALLY the right school for me? Whatever the answer is to any of those questions it doesn't matter. You're there. Be you. Go out for the intermural sports. Join clubs. Volunteer every opportunity you get. Talk to strangers. Make friends. Be a better you. There are tons of people, don't make time for those who don't treat you well or make you feel less than you are. If you have questions, don't be afraid to ask. Don't be afraid to try something new. Chances are you'll make new friends and have memories that last a life time. Make the best of your situation but don't take anything for granted. You are you and no one can take that away from you so embrace it and love yourself.

Bethany

I would advise myself to stay in my studies more. A social life is much needed but only okay as long as its not interrupting my studies.

What I talk about most when speaking well of my school is the quality of the professors. The teachers at my school really take time to invest in the students. My advisor is really amazing. I have also had her as a teacher in class. The faculty at my school just wants to see the students succeed in their future and get them on the path to do such.

The most frustrating thing might only be that students are required to live on campus until they are a senior or 23 years of age.

Alexander

Being owned, operated, and run by the Assemblies of God.

Being owned, operated, and run by the Assemblies of God.

No one can change the past, but what you do will affect your future, and the future of those around you as well. Trust your gut and the guidance of those around you. Don't be afraid. Meet people and you will make friends. Stop knowing and not doing. DO!

A small university where professors can know you and challenge you to grow both academically and spiritually.

Christer

Its Christian influence on the students.

Its Christian influence on the students.

I would have told myself to work harder in the class room in my AP classes. I also would have told myself to start saving for college while in school.

Strict rules prevent students from staying out late, living off campus, ect.

Molly

There are so many different ways to gain knowledge and to learn don't ever limit yourself. At times you might feel defeated maybe because of money, grades or who knows what but that is never an excuse to stop trying your hardest. By holding even just these few things in mind and moving forward in pursuing whatever education it might be that you want you will never regret learning. Remember if you have questions and don't understand somehting you are not the only one. So get out there and have no regrets about learning and taking the courageous steps in getting there.

Having strong academics is definitely important, but after two terms sit down and really think about which classes are making you happy and which ones are not. Just because you are good at something does not mean you have to major in it and interest is not as good as passion when deciding a career. Have some confidence in yourself and your abilities and do not pass up oppurtunities to learn more about yourself and what you really want out of life.

Evangel University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.