Springfield, MO
Evangel University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Evangel University

Whitney

Most importantly, I would begin by telling myself to slow down. Life is not a race so stop living in the future and running on auto pilot during the present. As cliché as it sounds, you have to start living as the person that you already are and not who someone else wants you to be. I would tell myself that I will not feel whole again until I return to knowing and living for God as I had been the previous years before my senior year. Lastly, I would look myself straight in the eyes and let me know that I am loved and have much to offer the world.

A person that TRULY loves Jesus Christ who shines that love in aspect of their being. A person who is not afraid to challenge their faith. A person that realizes that they are not right about everything and understand that true knowledge streams from being humble.

I can't say I have gone one week without acknowledging the professors at my school. They are sincere, passionate, knowledgable and most importantly challenging towards encouraging students to be all they can be.

My classmates at Evangel University, and myself, are simply children of God seeking to fulfill the calling God He has on each of our lives and are aspiring to be the servants of God we have been called to be in our area of study; Evangel University students are preparing to change the world and let Christ's light shine.

If I could go back and talk to the Elizabeth as a senior, I’d tell myself to not be afraid to get involved. Getting involved is crucial in order to make the most out of college. Being far away from home, it’s easy to get home-sick. I learned the more involved I am, the less I’m able to focus on my homesickness. Another thing I’d tell myself is to not rush into a relationship once I get to school. Relationships can be a distraction when you’re in a new area with new people. I was overwhelmed when I first got to campus and rushed into a relationship to take away the pain I felt of feeling alone. When I was in my relationship, I loved it because I wasn’t focused on the stress of school. However, when the relationship ended, I had nobody because all my time previously was focused on the relationship. The absolute best advice I’d tell myself is to get involved and to not rush into relationships. Wait a semester to date because if you don’t, you’re going to realize how much you missed out on.

To be completely honest, I absolutely love my school and all it offers. The worst thing about Evangel University is the reputation that some people think we have. Our school is a private Assemblies of God University. Some say that we aren't as spiritual compared to other Assembly of God schools like North Central and Central Bible College. They only say that because we are a liberal arts university. We at Evangel University realize that there are more callings in life than ministry. God has a unique calling for all individuals. That is the worst thing about Evangel University.

Britni

Evangel University is best known for its spiritual environment. This is such a godly school, and it allows the students to really grow themselves in a spiritual sense. It is also very good at integrating our faith and our studies.

USE TIME MANAGEMENT. Oh my goodness, I can not stress this enough. As a high school student, I was able to slide through with really good grades and never put much effort into anything. That really got the best of me when I got to college. I didn't manage my time well, and when it came to my first test, I got my first C. It was a very eye opening experience for me. After that, I realized I never wanted to get such a bad grade again. College requires so much more studying and effort. Time management is key! My best friend since being in college in my planner. So, get a planner and start learning how to manage your time wisely before you go to college, because it will put you a step ahead of others who don't realize the importance of this.

I wish I had known how many things there were to get involved in. When I got here, there were just so many options of clubs and orginizations to get involved with that I had never known about, and I felt very overwhelmed. I ended up not joining any because there were so many to learn about. Next year, I will definitely be involved in a lot more because now I know what they are all about.

Thania

My classmates are goal-oriented people who want to succeed. They like to have fun, but know there boundries between social life and educational life.

To take your classes more seriously. You only have a certain amount of time to get things done and there is no time to full around. You have to know how to manage your time with your friends and with school work. You can have fun, but know that sometimes fun is not the option. This is your future that you are working towards and you need to buckle down and get serious because sometimes second chances is not an option. Friendships last for a lifetime, but know how to pick your closest friends because the friends you make in college are the friends you have in life. College is not a place to just have fun and be independent, its a place to be focused and responsible because your future depends on how you do in college. Make friends with your proffesors because you never know if you need them for a job reference.

Someone who does not believe in God. I think it would be an uncomfortable enviroment for that person.

Benjamin

The first thing I would warn myself of is that NC State wont accept your application for the spring semester so you should try and apply for the fall and try applying to ECU or anywhere else at least for one semester. Second I would warn myself that the community college that I attend doesn't accept stafford loans so save up as much as you can to help pay for the semester. Finally I would tell myself that you can go through another semester away from your girlfriend, she will come see you and will help pay to get you to NC State so that both of you can spend time with one another. I would then tell myself that I don't need really nice things to be happy, all it takes is a little time and great friends and you will have all the happiness the world can offer you.

Ryan

I would tell myself that Evangel University is the perfect college for me to attend. With its positive atmosphere of great professors and student body, it is the perfect place for me. They push for you to strive in excellence at everything you do. They center themselves around the good news of Christ which gives this positive atmosphere even more reason to be positive. I have already met people who will be life-long friends. Also, I met the girl of my dreams whom I am marrying on July 26, 2013 while attending this college. Therefore, this decision of Evangel University was one definitely made right and I would never change.

I wish I would have known the amount of studying I would have had to do to be successful. In high school, I never studied and finished with a 3.92GPA. In college, I tried doing the same thing but its not possible, you have to study. Therefore my GPA is 3.54 when I could have had it higher if I would have known to study more.

The most fustrating thing about my school is the food. I wish there was more of a variety of good food. Sometimes everything in the cafeteria starts to taste the same.

Dominique

The best thing my school is known for their strong intergration of faith. this is a school that is an open gospel college that is passionate about making the students prepared for the world in any profession God has called one to do.

I would tell myself to do the best I can with what I have. i could have applied for more scholorships, increased my grades, or done harder in the areas where I thought I was weak. However, the main thing I would say to my senior self, things are going to be okay. Always, always keep God first.

the worst thing about my school is the view diversity. there is not that many of different racial backgrounds. Being from a minority, I would love to see that more in my university to feel more comfortable.

Luke

If I could go back in time to my high school self I would tell myself to not be so narrow minded about my beliefs, opinions, and people I surround myself with. College is about sponging up knowledge, culture, and different types of friends as possible and for the first year or so I surrounded myself with items already in my comfort zone. attending such a culturally diverse, liberal arts focused university has shown me all the incredible features that something different than what i am used to can offer. I know the old saying states that, "ignorance is bliss," but that is a copout! Evangel university has showed me the value of accepting every kind of orientation, culture, belief, background, and all kinds of people. we are all here with goals and dreams so why not help each other achieve those without barriers being erected because of narrow minded viewpoints.

i wish i would have know the type of activities that i would be doing here in college. i did not anticipate the conservatist environment that this university fosters.

the worst thing about my university used to be the cafeteria; however, there was a massive rennovation and a new Cafeteria manager was hired this semester and has drastically changed the environment, quality, and overall presentation of the cafeteria and made it infinitely better and need I say, good!

Kaitlyn

If I could go back in time, I would tell myself to start studying harder. School was always easy for me, so when I got to college, I was really lacking study-skills. Teaching myself how to study was one of the most difficult things about transitioning into college life. I would also let myself know that everything is going to work out alright. My senior year I was full of anxiety over picking a school and what it would be like to move away from home. I would like to save myself the stress and give myself more peace of mind.

I wish that we had more options for off campus housing. Currently, almost all students are required to live on campus.

A very liberal, non-Christian student who likes to party should not come to Evangel.

Evangel University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.