Springfield, MO
Evangel University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Evangel University

Get involved, even during your first year at college. There are so many things to experience, and the more you become involved, the more connected you will feel to community. Balance is crucial. Do not take on so many involvements that you miss the beauty of the moment. College life is not about the number of activities you are involved in but the relationships and experiences that shape you.

The thing I like best about Evangel University is that the professors and fellow students invest in the lives of students immensely.

Students who have a desire for learning, community, and personal growth should attend Evangel University.

Shelby

If I could go back in time to give myself advice, I believe I would advise myself to not be afraid to push my involvement and goals to a higher level. I have always been afraid of not being good enough, but that has held me back from pursuing opportunities that could have given me valuable experience for my future career. I also would have advised myself to start living on campus for my freshman year instead of commuting to save money. I finally moved in the campus dorms my junior year, and I have already made more close friends than my first two years of college. Saving money is not worth the lifetime friendships you will make, and commuting can make it difficult to be involved in school activities and special events. Ultimately, I would advise to jump in, and enjoy these last four years of schooling before venturing completely out on my own, which I feel is advice I am already taking.

Evangel is unique is because it is a private, liberal arts university based around integrating one's vocation with one's faith. The dynamic of a faith focused community creates a positive and friendly atmosphere that lends itself easily to making close, lifetime friends.

Someone who does not believe in God will not enjoy going to this school because attending chapel is required, and God is normally mentioned in every class, no matter what subject. Because of the faith base of the university, there are reasonable curfew times, no coed floors, and strict rules about alcohol and drug use.

Vincent

Many are intelegent and very caring but on the same note everyone is very human in nature.

To concentrate more on the studying and work aspect of my schooling and less on the extracurricular activities. Mant of them can be helpful but they can distract from the true goal and prize to be found in the ability to study.

The general feel of a high school atmosphere. I came to college to not only attain higher education, but to leave a part of my life in the capacity of lack of realistic attitudes in the people surrounding myself.

osavbie

My classmates are nice and intelligent mate and we all act as one big family.

My classmates are nice and intelligent mate and we all act as one big family.

I would have adviced myself to have spend more time studying my books, because some of the classes i took this last semeter reflect most on having a background knoweledge of things i had in high school, but them i took my study for granted. I would have also adviced myself to work with friends who have a set goal in life.

I had wise to have know more about the method of teaching in the school and the rules abiding everyone.

Alicia

Dear Alicia Marie, I could tell you everything that you're going to do in life, but I would never want to re-write your entire past because that is what makes you into the beautiful and talented woman you will be. Although, there are a few things I'd like you to know in order to save you some hassle down the road. You're not going to go to UCA to be with that one guy either. The Lord has a BETTER university for you to attend where you will meet friends who invest POSITIVELY into your life. In order to help yourself in the future, you must help yourself now. STUDY! STUDY! STUDY! Those three words will be something that you REALLY have to work at when you get to college, so LEARN NOW! Most of all, always cherish yourself! You are beautiful (inside and out). Sweet Alicia, just always remember that the Lord is there even when it feels like you're all alone in this world. He WILL see you through. Let him be the lamp unto your feet and the light unto your path and EVERYTHING will be OK because HE is in control.

I wish I had known how accepting people were and how I could trust them.

There isn't enough parking spots for the Professional Studies students to park at night.

Conner

If I were given the opportunity to travel back in time to give myself some advice, I would not. This may come as a surprise, but I whole-heartedly believe words do not resonate, experience resonates. Listening to any advice, whether it be good or bad, falls on deaf ears due to the inability for the lesson to permanently stick. Through growth and experience, the message trying to be conveyed can finally levy the weight neccesary for it to be fully grasped by the mind. Day in and day out, people are shown the right path, but stray from such path due to their inability to permanently attain the idea. Only through each individuals' trials and tribulations can they learn to fully appreciate the advice and justly apply it. I have been aware of what is right and what is wrong for quite some time, but have found it "easier" to simply not make a change and allow myself to get distracted by my fellow peers and media influences. It is only recently that I have found these distractions do not lead to the fulfillment I so desperately seek. Everyday I will learn and grow, no distractions, only success awaits.

Misty

Evangel Univesity is a unique Christian University that offers one of the best academic programs out there . The immaculatly kept campus is socially inviting; Individuals from all different backgrounds and experiences come together to form positive and strong relationships. Evangel is best known for its uplifting atmosphere and community support through campus programs and overseas missions. They also assist students in learning how to apply faith to study and in future careers.

Preparation for college is extremely important. It has the ability to be a life changing experience and can potentially leave you with the greatest, valued memories. If I was able to travel back in time and talk to myself, as a high school student, I would share with myself that goal setting, picking the right classes, joining clubs/activities, being responsible, holding yourself accountable, and educating yourself outside of classroom; as important things to consider before departing to college. I would encourage myself to eliminated relationships that may cause hinderances in your educational experience. In addition, I would encourage learning about taxes, loans, mortgages, credit, and investments to make sure you have a generall knowlege about these subjects. CLEP and Dantes exams are great ways to save money for college courses that may be required, therefore, I would encourage myself to utilize these sources. Joing clubs and participating in college activities are great ways to meet friends and network. This also allows something that can be highlighted on a resume or future college applications. I would tell myself to just relax and be proactive about the goals I want to achieve.

The best thing about Evangel is that your are able to build lasting relationships and network with individuals who share the same faith. The classes are smaller, therefore, its very easy to get questions answered. Professors are willing to offer best practices to ensure student succeed. The best thing I appreciated about Evangel University is in the way the campus gives back to the community. They also offer a wonderful missions experiences for interested students.

Alexis

My school is best known for being in the city of Springfield, Missouri. Springfield is know as the Assemblies of God capital, and because Evangel is close to the headquarters we're known to be the best Assemblies of God university.

If I can go back in time I give myself advice my senior year of high school, I would tell myself, "apply to all the schools you want. Do not limit your options". If someone would have told me that while I was a senior, I would accepted what my guidance counselor told me. She was very discouraging and pretty much told me that I would not get accepted to any university. I should have listen to my gut and gone with the other college applications that I had. I should have been a rebel!

The worst thing that I can say about my school that it lacks diversity. We need more diversity in our school and that will have to start with advertising Evangel in states that are mor cultural and have more ethnicities.

Theresa

The best thing about my school are the teachers-they are amazing. They really care, they are easily accessible, and they are just plain fun. I am going into my second year at Evangel, and I do not have one complaint about any of the teachers.

The first thing I would tell myself is not to wait!! The best thing you can possibly do is go to college right after high school. It is really difficult to go back because technology changes very rapidly, so you find yourself having to learn that on top of everything else. Just do it-don't procrastinate. Going to college is something that gives you confidence and prepares you for the world. Listen to your parents if this is what they have been telling you because THEY ARE RIGHT! This is something you need to take seriously because it is your future, and you are paying for it. Get the good job after school, then you can afford to go do what you want and really live life to the fullest. I am speaking from experience-my college journey started late in life and I wish I would have done it a lot sooner- but it is the best thing that has ever happened to me!

I am in a Professional Adult Studies Program that I really love. What I don't like about it is that there are no in house scholarships available for this program. I will receive a BS in Communications in May of 2013, these are accelerated block classes ( I do like that about it), but I have a 3.6 GPA and cannot get a scholarship from my school. There are scholarships available for traditional students, however.

The students are eager to learn, participate, ask questions, create discussions, and work hard in order to gain an education that is going to last them a lifetime.

If I could go back and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself about the importance of staying focused and working hard. You are striving to gain an education that will build the basis for your career so make sure to create good study habits. I would also tell myself that you need to stay true to who you are. You don't have to change in order to "fit in." Also, don't be afraid to take chances and get involved! These are two of the most important things I've learned while in college. Don't miss out on opportunities that could potentially change or impact YOUR life or SOMEONE else's. Don't psych yourself out before even giving yourself a chance. There's always something going on that you can be a part of. Make a difference! Finally, I would say to myself that the chance to be something great lies only within you and what you're willing to do to make it possible. If you work hard and study hard, you will find that you can do anything you set your heart and mind to- I know I have.

I love the people on campus and I love my classes. I am so excited for this upcoming semester. I cannot wait to see what my classes have in store for me. The people on campus are friendly. There's never a moment when I feel out of place. I have created wonderful friendships with people who I can trust and rely on as well as have a great time with.

Evangel University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.