Newberg, OR
George Fox University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend George Fox University

Peter

I would inform myself to create better study habits, go to community college for two years, and make sure all the classes I take are transferable to any college. This would allow me time to become accustomed to college life, save a few thousand dollars and keep me from taking the same classes over.

I wish that I knew how the credits would transfer so I would not be so suprised.

Well I am atransfer student, and my credits did not transfer over the way I thought they would. So I still have alot of general classes to take.

Victoria

Never be afraid to fail. Fear of failure can hold you back more than any other insecurity. You will fail, but through these failures you will grow stronger and achieve greater successes than you could imagine. With this knowledge, be encouraged to go out and try new things, embrace new adventures whole-heartedly, don't hold anything back. Your courage will pay off. If you do succeed, be proud of your hard work. If you fail, still be proud of your hard work, hold your head high and learn from your mistakes. Without failure and adversity you won't grow in character or gain the strength you will need for future. So don't be ashamed when you fall short of your goals, but instead take pride in the knowledge you've gained that will help you learn the secrets to future success.

The worst thing about George Fox University is the mud that accumulates in the fields during the rainy season. I wish I could find a greater flaw with the university, but I enjoyed my entire experience at the school (apart from getting mud on my shoes). The campus is beautiful, but due to the school's location in the Pacific Northwest, there is a lot of rain and this leads to a lot of mud on campus.

The school motto is "be known" and at George Fox University that is exactly what you can expect. From the moment you move onto the campus students and staff are there for you, wanting to build relationships and help you settle in to your new life. There is such an incredible sense of community on campus, you are never alone and everyone wants to help you succeed; and because of this support, students do succeed.

Anh

I was homeschooled oversees before returning to USA and entering college. If I could go back, I would tell my high school senior self to: "Breathe, and take baby steps! It will start out rough. You will get a headache, experience an emotional roller coaster, and maybe even vomit. Just go with the flow, check the items off the list: move in, smile and wave, attend the all freshman events, and get lost around campus for hours. Slowly, you'll get the hang of it, the butterflies will go away. You'll love the adventure so much that you won't even miss your families and friends. Initiate conversations and consciously spend more time with the people you see often around campus, including your floormates. Soon, you won't even need to say 'Excuse me' whenever you rip out a fart. Devising a four-year plan? Finding a part-time job? Managing bank accounts? Don't fret! Ask lots and lots of questions (but try not to make too much mistakes, life doesn't come with an undo button) Finally, relax and conquer college one day at a time!"

The worst thing about my school is the changes made within the school. Changes are good, but changes are way too constant. Also, whenever the administration decides to change something, it doesn't present the idea to the student body (the one who the changes will be implemented on), but only to the contributors (the ones paying for the changes).

The most frustrating thing about my school is that eventhough it's a private university, everyone is so open-minded that even the blatant rule-breakers won't be held responsible for their behaviors by the adminstration.

Anh

Besides being a private Christian school, I chose George Fox because it integrates the new and the old. It always seeks to advance the facility and education system to provide the leading quality of classes for students. At the same time, it keeps the traditions that had established the university in the beginning. There is always a sense of respect for the founding fathers/mothers, and the students are always well-informed and the teachers express the good morals and values of a respectable Christian.

My school is diverse, extremely diverse. Not only that, it welcomes this multi-generational, multi-cultural mix. There is almost no discrimination, excluding the few people who aren't as open-minded. This diversity makes for a pretty interesting school environment. The events are a mix between American and foreign traditions. The food is also diverse. Most of all, the students of course, are very different from each other, to the point that we must learn to be open-minded to even make friends, which is always a good thing!

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would make sure to get in to full detail about college life. I would tell myself things like actually save my money and make sure to sign up for many scholarships before starting school that way I wouldnt have to struggle as much. I would make sure to graduate high school with a strong and high GPA and make sure all my classes are in good shape. I would also tell myself to be more confident and not be shy to meet new people and make sure I am comfortable around my peers. I would also make sure to have a very good relationship with my teachers and other workers at the school like the dean and financial aid services.

Denny

Helpful, but not very approachable.

Helpful, but not very approachable.

Make an effort to get to know a lot of people. Quality relationships are extremely important, but it's also good to know a large quantity of people.

Someone looking to expand their mind with new ideas and practical knowledge.

Julia

If I could go back in time and talk to my high school senior self I would advice her to enjoy the ride. College is a great experience where not only you learn for your decided career but you gain experiences by communicating and coexisting with your classmates and professors . I would tell myself not to worry. It is a big change, but making your own decisions will make you grow as a person. A life as a college student brings many responsanilities, each individual is in charge of their own actions. You have to start with a set mind, think what you want to study. Decide what career that you want to pursue is the first and most important things you have to do. Do not wait until the last minute. Get ready and enjoy the ride.

Hilary

Being close-knit and a community.

Being close-knit and a community.

I would tell myself to prepare financially for college. I would tell myself to start saving up now to pay for housing and meal plan. I would also tell myself to get suitcases and make sure I have everything I need before leaving for an out of state school.

I like that it is a Christ -centered universsity that offers my major.

George Fox University is a conservative Christian college with a small student population and caring professors.

The faculty and staff at this university are extremely friendly and make every student feel at home.

Be open to change. Choosing a college is not a final decision. Due to changes in finances or class availability or even the weather, you can transfer to a new college or take a break for a little while.

Breath. It's going to be stressful, and a whole new experience, but it's going to be worth it. Make new friends, and don't be afraid to open up. College may seem scary, but it's a chance for a new life and a new begining. Don't waste your time making sure you won't get hurt. Now is the time to take chances, and live your life to the fullest.

For once, I feel accepted and loved. I did not get this feeling from my highschool, but now I have great friends and teachers who want me to succeed.

I think anybody with an open-mind, and someone who is not judgemental of everyone and the school.

George Fox University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.