Newberg, OR
George Fox University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend George Fox University

Anh

Besides being a private Christian school, I chose George Fox because it integrates the new and the old. It always seeks to advance the facility and education system to provide the leading quality of classes for students. At the same time, it keeps the traditions that had established the university in the beginning. There is always a sense of respect for the founding fathers/mothers, and the students are always well-informed and the teachers express the good morals and values of a respectable Christian.

My school is diverse, extremely diverse. Not only that, it welcomes this multi-generational, multi-cultural mix. There is almost no discrimination, excluding the few people who aren't as open-minded. This diversity makes for a pretty interesting school environment. The events are a mix between American and foreign traditions. The food is also diverse. Most of all, the students of course, are very different from each other, to the point that we must learn to be open-minded to even make friends, which is always a good thing!

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would make sure to get in to full detail about college life. I would tell myself things like actually save my money and make sure to sign up for many scholarships before starting school that way I wouldnt have to struggle as much. I would make sure to graduate high school with a strong and high GPA and make sure all my classes are in good shape. I would also tell myself to be more confident and not be shy to meet new people and make sure I am comfortable around my peers. I would also make sure to have a very good relationship with my teachers and other workers at the school like the dean and financial aid services.

Denny

Helpful, but not very approachable.

Helpful, but not very approachable.

Make an effort to get to know a lot of people. Quality relationships are extremely important, but it's also good to know a large quantity of people.

Someone looking to expand their mind with new ideas and practical knowledge.

Julia

If I could go back in time and talk to my high school senior self I would advice her to enjoy the ride. College is a great experience where not only you learn for your decided career but you gain experiences by communicating and coexisting with your classmates and professors . I would tell myself not to worry. It is a big change, but making your own decisions will make you grow as a person. A life as a college student brings many responsanilities, each individual is in charge of their own actions. You have to start with a set mind, think what you want to study. Decide what career that you want to pursue is the first and most important things you have to do. Do not wait until the last minute. Get ready and enjoy the ride.

Hilary

Being close-knit and a community.

Being close-knit and a community.

I would tell myself to prepare financially for college. I would tell myself to start saving up now to pay for housing and meal plan. I would also tell myself to get suitcases and make sure I have everything I need before leaving for an out of state school.

I like that it is a Christ -centered universsity that offers my major.

George Fox University is a conservative Christian college with a small student population and caring professors.

The faculty and staff at this university are extremely friendly and make every student feel at home.

Be open to change. Choosing a college is not a final decision. Due to changes in finances or class availability or even the weather, you can transfer to a new college or take a break for a little while.

Breath. It's going to be stressful, and a whole new experience, but it's going to be worth it. Make new friends, and don't be afraid to open up. College may seem scary, but it's a chance for a new life and a new begining. Don't waste your time making sure you won't get hurt. Now is the time to take chances, and live your life to the fullest.

For once, I feel accepted and loved. I did not get this feeling from my highschool, but now I have great friends and teachers who want me to succeed.

I think anybody with an open-mind, and someone who is not judgemental of everyone and the school.

Leah

A community of people who care about who you really are and what you are passionate about.

Dear HS Senior Leah, Right now, you're stressing out: you have too much to do and little time to do it. Well, take a break. Take one day off, re-center yourself, and remember: You cannot do everything at once. In fact, this will lead you to crash and burn. You are allowed to say "no" every once in a while. You are allowed to ask your teachers for help. You are allowed to have fun! Do not worry about piling up an impressive resume. Instead, seek knowledge for the love of knowledge. Don't fret too much about how you will make friends in college; all freshmen will be looking for friends, so you'll find that you're really not alone. Don't be shy once you make it to college. Go ahead, try new things. Fail, learn, then try again. Ask as many questions as you can, even if you think they are stupid. Join clubs and explore different worldviews. Most importantly, be open. You will change drastically in college as you are embarking on a journey of self-discovery. So don't let the fear of the unknown stop you from exploring. Have fun!

Everyone is extremely freindly and supportive. Even the teachers -- they care about the students' well-being and their success, and not just in an academic setting. People go out of the way to encourage, uplift, and serve one another. There is a lot of grace when mistakes are made, and more encouragement to grow and learn from those mistakes.

It's easy to be lazy. When late nights and early mornings toss you into a weary, monotonous, tiring routine, don't slack off in class. Every second spent is a second filled with things to learn. Utilize as much of your time as possible by meeting new people and encouraging others in what they do. Never be afraid to laugh at what you think is funny, even if it's stupid or "uncool." Be weird in public, because weird is normal and normal is weird. College is a completely new beginning. Life will be filled with juggling classes, homework, jobs, and staying connected with friends and family at home, but all it takes is a bit of diligence and the ability to look at life with the right perspective. Motivation and determination are constantly needed to work towards excellence. In college, every moment in class is spent taking notes and listening intently; it's important to practice now, in high school, and make the transition to college easier. Live with the intent to make a positive difference, and shoot for the stars even when it seems you can barely touch the clouds.

George Fox is a great school for anyone willing to work for a quality education. GFU boasts of a 13:1 student to teacher ratio, giving people the ability to seek individual help as needed. Students are expected to be motivated and diligent, and should always keep up with class requirements. Anyone wanting to attend Fox should be responsible, determined, and willing to try new things. People that are committed to excellence will be very content with the education received at George Fox if they work to their full potential.

One thing that frustrates me about George Fox University is the fact that the traffic between my home (in Portland) to Newberg can be atrocious. The time it takes to get from place to place is unpredictable, making it difficult to plan timing. It can take anywhere from 45 minutes to two hours just to travel to George Fox from my house. Other than the odd traffic patterns of Newberg, GFU is a fantastic school.

Bailee

Frisbee, tree climbing, scholarly, religious, welcoming, adventurous, calm, loud, responsible, friendly, musically inclined, coffee snobs, international, multi-cultural, you.

It is a well known private Christian university in the North West.

You're going to feel alone. You're going to feel like you're the only one trying desperately to fit in, to be perfect, to make friends, and be accepted. It's going to be messy. You're going to learn that chemistry is REALLY hard, and that it is going to be the first class that you actually have to try in. You're going to cry, a lot, probably more than all of your high school years combined. You're going to be sleep deprived as you try to balance all of your classes and friends. You are going to realize that not everyone is a nursing major and that some people will have A LOT more free time than you. You're going to binge watch a lot of Grey's Anatomy. You are going become dependent on coffee. You're gonna gain some weight. So what? This year is gonna be brutal, but it's also gonna be SO worth it. So take a deep breath, relax, keep both hands and feet inside the vehicle at all times, and prepare yourself for the life changing, mindblowing, relationship building ride they call Freshman Year.

George Fox University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.