Atlanta, GA
Georgia Institute of Technology-Main Campus

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Georgia Institute of Technology-Main Campus

John

The school offers a variety of challenging courses and majors to help produce some of the best and brightest minds in their fields. Being at Georgia Tech is an honor and kids hold their heads high when giving out the name of their school. Being able to meet and interface with businesses and professionals is a very important part of their work ethics.

The people who should attend this school should be a hard and dilligent worker. They must be committed to doing the work and making the best of their classes by interacting and learning.

I would tell myself to relax, going to college is a stressful time. Being out of your parents' house brings new responsibilities and problems. You are gonna wish you lived in their house still but you need to keep going and make your own world. Mom and Dad are not going to be around forever and you need to learn what it is like to live in world on your own. Relax and enjoy your experience but make sure you work as hard as you do in highschool. College is not any easier, despite what you may believe.

Jordan

My school is an epicenter for science and technology, a breeding ground for innovation, creativity and the future; we are a collaboration of scientists, engineers, doctors, teachers, leaders and mentors; a support group and most importantly, a community.

My classmates are intelligent (of course, that's how they were accepted!), supportive, and unique; unlike some other high achieving schools, Georgia Tech students do not try to slight eachother for their own personal gain, Georgia Tech students understand and appreciate hard work, Georgia Tech students come together, collaborate, volunteer, and are compassionate.

I would look myself in the eye and say, "Jordan, college is very, very difficult. Especially if you are going into engineering, prepare yourself for long nights, and problems that are more difficult than anything you have every encountered. But more importantly, just stay true to yourself. Remember that girl who loves volunteerism? She is still in there. Remember the girl who loves to learn, and question the material? She is still in there. Don't compare yourself with others, and it's okay to not get the best grades, or be the best. Just always remember to be the best version of yourself because YOU are the only person that you need to impress. Remember to set aside some time for you and only you. Remember to not be too hard on yourself. Remember to stay close to your friends and family that you had before college. Make friends who are different than you; learn and put yourself out there." Although I did many of these things, you can get lost in the moment and forget how to feel. I would always remind myself of the dream, and not to get lost with the rush around me.

Arlette

Someone who is really focused on what they want to do in life. Students here know what they want and sometimes seem bionic in that we can handle a lot of academic work load and still have a social life. If someone is unsure as to what they want to do it is also a great place to find out who you want to be as long as you are academically focused and know that in general you want to do something big in life.

The biggest thing to know is not to procrastinate. I know in high should you were able to make perfect scores on tests without even studying, but college is completely different. You have to study and on time! Studying at 4 am in the morning will not get you that A you want. However, all the rumors that A's are impossible to get at Georia Tech are completely false. If you're willing to put the work and time into it everything will be fine. Don't be afraid to talk to your professors about grading or anything you don't understand. Again the rumor that professors don't care about you are completely false, and don't wait to get help. There is no shame in asking for help and the sooner you get it, the less stress you will have that semester. Don't procrastinate and trust in your abilities. Georgia Tech is a difficult school, but it will mold you into being the person you need and want to be one day.

Someone who thinks its just a party school, they will fail miserably and quickly.

Timothy

It is a wild ride where the student learns a great deal about themselves, the world, and how to succeed.

You're a mess, and you need to get a lot in order before hitting campus. College can be a fresh start if you make it a fresh start, which means you need to lay to rest all of high school. You need confidence more than anything at this point. No amount of mine or anyone else's cheerleading will give it to you, it has to be an internal change, where you know who you are and who you want to be. Start by becoming more athletic. It will give you much more confidence in yourself physically and mentally. Next, find a room with a friend or aquaintance, do not start off college alone. If you cannot, find friends and keep them close. Make an effort to be with them. Give everyone you meet a chance to get to know them. Finally, never ever let anyone control your self esteem or tell you who you should be, either directly or indirectly from their actions. If you can get the confidence you need now, you will be set up for success. I wish you the best, my friend.

The amount of small talk. It comes across as no one caring and just talking to pass the time. There is no real substance to the conversations and everything is always surface level.

Barbara

17-Year-Old Me, Right now you're excited and nervous. You've heard a million diferent bits of advice from a dozen different sources. You and your classmates' lives have been picked apart under the microscope, your past accomplishments weighed and measured for their apparent scholastic worth. It seems like your entire future is on-the-line, with all the pressure to succeed as the lines between the "winners" and the "losers" are drawn. I'm here to tell you it's not ALL going to be okay. Some days the obstacles will feel overwhelming and your options limited. Sometimes you won't perform up-to-expectations and your future won't appear so bright. Sometimes you'll feel lonely, and, yes, believe-it-or-not, you'll miss high school. But I'm also here to tell you - don't worry. Don't waste time worrying about what others think of your college, major, resume, or rankings. Don't be led astray by prestige - impressing others is meaningless if it makes you unhappy. Spend less time worrying about the future, and more time learning about yourself. Enjoy even the college struggles. Trust me - it goes by fast. -BH

Monica

If I could go back in time and take to myself as a high school senior, I would definitely have told myself to take advantage of every opportunity. I used to feel as though money would come to me and I wouldn't have to put in any effort to get it, I found once I graduated my thoughts were completely false. I didn't have enough money to begin college last year, that's when I was supposed to but now I've took it upon myself to become in charge of my own education. When I was in highschool, college was on the back burner and it should've been my top priority. I would tell myself that everything will not be handed to you simply because you have a diploma in your hand, success requires hard work and that's something that I've learned being out of school for nearly a year and a half. I always wish I could go back in time but it's not how you start in my eyes, it's how you finish.

Tamela

I am a 41-year-old mother of two boys. I started college the fall after high school graduation at a four year state university. I had a scholarship that covered most of my tuition and expenses; however, I left college after one semester to get married. I planned to continue my college education, but things got postponed and I never went back to school. This marriage lasted about a year. I remarried and became the mother of two wonderful boys, and my education got postponed until they were older. I was very fortunate to get a job as a medical transcriptionist in which I could work from home and still take care of my children. They are older now and I am back in college in pursuit of my associate's degree. I am working full-time while going to school and taking care of my family. My advice to my high school self would be to finish college before starting a family. I am blessed to have a wonderful family, but college life certainly would have been easier as a single young adult with no financial responsibilities and the assistance of my parents.

WooYaa

They are smart, competitive, and enthusiastice engineering students. They love to learn new things and eager to make potive effects in their fields, especially engineering area.

The name of collge does not matter. Students should pick the study fields they "eager" to study and pick the school with according fields. When students are not sure about their majors, that is totally fine. Then they can choose their colleges with their preferences. For better and more specific education and future job, I think it is very important to choose the school which has good programs of fields I want to study about. Think about the fields or major you want to study and choose the college. You will never regret.

Students who are lazy and hate hot weather should not pick Georgia Tech. There are many hard working classes and all students sleep overnight during final week. Students should be ready.

Rebecca

I would tell myself to just be prepared to sacrifice some social events for your school work. Just skipping a couple of events is not a big deal in the grand scheme of things and it will make an impact on your grades. Always remember that if you are not happy about a situation, like your major, classes, anything, make a change because being unhappy is the worst thing that can happen to you in the best years of your life. Also remember that everyone is struggling just as much as you are and there are people out there that do not mind helping you succeed.

I wish I had known how difficult my freshman classes were going to be. I struggled with classes my first semester because I took too many classes that were extremely difficult. I wish I had spread them out so that I could have done better in them.

A person that wants to be challenged and does not mind putting in the hard work to be successful. This school is a good fit for someone that wants to have a social life and network, but also wants to get something out of their college education.

Angel

The most frustrating aspect of school is that almost all of my classes focus on problem solving. Having to learn how to efficiently solve problems by using complicated mathematics or writing successful computer code is tough, time consuming, and stressful. The process sometimes involves disbelieving in myself, having to ask for help, and dealing with feirce headaches. However, having to learn to problem solve is also the most rewarding thing about my school. Once a solution is discovered, the reward is good grades and a higher self esteem.

The kind of person that should not attend this college must not able to manage stress, a heavy workload, or failure well at all. This person must not want a career in engineering, architecture, computer science, or any other field involving math and science. The kind of student that should not attend this school is either very liberal or very much into law. Although my school has a fascinating liberal arts program, it is still very technical compared to other schools. Lastly, a person that does not want to attend sixteen semesters or more in school should not attend.

If I could go back in time, I would tell myself to apply for more scholarships. I was very lax in terms of funds for college and did not believe in myself enough to keep applying for scholarships after being rejected for a few. However, I read about a man that became a famous door-to-door salesman. He would go to about one hundred doors a day and at least one person would buy what he was selling. His method led to his success and his story inspired others to keep trying. If I had used that mentality and kept applying, I might have won more scholarships. Today I am worried about how I will pay off my loans after graduation while trying to focus on completing school in a timely manner. Although I am blessed to have the opportunity to attend one of the best schools in the nation, paying off student loans is still a burden I would rather not bear.

Georgia Institute of Technology-Main Campus administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.