Atlanta, GA
Georgia Institute of Technology-Main Campus

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Georgia Institute of Technology-Main Campus

beheridew

If I could go back in time, I would have so much to tell myself. College is no joke and moving into a university such as the Georgia Institute of Technology is definitely not an easy task. My mind set my senior year of high school was no where near where I needed to be moving into college. I would most likely slap myself silly and explain to myself that I need to realize that I am receiving an amazing opportunity and need to start thinking about my future. As far as other advise for living on campus, I would let myself know that living on my own is not the same as having my mom clean and look after me. That first year on campus is a test of if you can handle maintaining your own self and it requires much more attention and focus than living at home. The last thing I would advise myself is that college is an overwhelming environment but it is important to stay calm and never lose sight of your goals and the reasons why you chose to pick that school.

The worst thing about Georgia Tech would have to be the wide range of resources it offers. This may seem like a positive aspect to many but it is very overwhelming for an incoming freshman to grasp all these resources. Personally, I had first hand experience with this case which is the only reason I consider this a negative aspect. I was not given the proper direction my freshman year to take full advantage of the resources at Georgia Tech.

Whenever I gather with my close friends, I always seem to brag most about the amazing buildings at my school. The athletic department has a center which houses an outstanding gym with 2 full basketball courts along with a pool equipped with a waterslide. The gym even has rock climbing and a rachetball area! Before going to this school, I had never seen anything so impressive in my life. This is only a sample of the absolutely amazing centers sitting on the Georgia Tech campus.

Bret

The lack of financial assistance for those with financial need.

The lack of financial assistance for those with financial need.

Bret, I can now say with full confidence in my words that I love you for who you are. You will take several years for you to understand that, but have faith that things will get better. We were in dark times and they were in no way your fault. You will accomplish great things in your time and you no longer have to be afraid of being alone again. The transition will be hard for you, but strive ever onwards. You have the ability within you. Conquer it. My advice for you is find love for yourself. You will travel alone, but only for a time. Soon, you will find a ray of sunshine that brings you out of darkness and into the light. Yes, you are broken, but you will be rebuilt into something wonderful. Do not lose sight of who you are and do not be compromised by others. I can say this in full confidence because I have met her. She who will give your life a meaning you cannot even comprehend. She is beautiful and I cannot wait for you to meet her, hug her, and love her.

Kinzie

Kinzie here is a list that I think will come in handy for your upcoming semester at Georgia Tech. 1. Remember that you are a whole person & that to neglect any one aspect of health is to neglect them all. 2. Just because someone is nice to you does not mean they have your best interest at heart or good motivations. 3. Remember to be discplined in all things, because discipline leads to freedom which alone leads to happiness. This discipline will serve you well in school and in life. 4. Everyone fails, everyone falters its what you do after falling that matters. Perserverance is the most important aspect of success. 5. Love yourself and surround yourself with people who love you. 6. Remember that thoughts turn into actions, that actions turn into habits and habits turn into you. So think happy thoughts! 7. This is going to be the biggest challenge of your life, when you get here you are going to feel overhwlemed at first. Just take a deep breath, understand that it is a good thing to be challenged and once overcome it will be a constant source of pride. 8. Always do your best.

Georgia Tech teaches you to learn. It challenges you to rise above what you thought you could do and learn things you never thought possible. So once out in the real world you can learn and do it quickly.

Undisciplined people should not attend Georgia Tech. When you get here you need to have a plan in mind of what you want to do, and how you want to get there or this school can overwhelm you.

DeJon

The mix of a rigorous course work that lends to a fruitful job along with the lively campus and amount of activities do engage in in the city.

I would tell myself to to change the way i study and to concentrate on time management. I'd also tell myself about building connection in school as the are cruicial for internship.

John

The school offers a variety of challenging courses and majors to help produce some of the best and brightest minds in their fields. Being at Georgia Tech is an honor and kids hold their heads high when giving out the name of their school. Being able to meet and interface with businesses and professionals is a very important part of their work ethics.

The people who should attend this school should be a hard and dilligent worker. They must be committed to doing the work and making the best of their classes by interacting and learning.

I would tell myself to relax, going to college is a stressful time. Being out of your parents' house brings new responsibilities and problems. You are gonna wish you lived in their house still but you need to keep going and make your own world. Mom and Dad are not going to be around forever and you need to learn what it is like to live in world on your own. Relax and enjoy your experience but make sure you work as hard as you do in highschool. College is not any easier, despite what you may believe.

Jordan

My school is an epicenter for science and technology, a breeding ground for innovation, creativity and the future; we are a collaboration of scientists, engineers, doctors, teachers, leaders and mentors; a support group and most importantly, a community.

My classmates are intelligent (of course, that's how they were accepted!), supportive, and unique; unlike some other high achieving schools, Georgia Tech students do not try to slight eachother for their own personal gain, Georgia Tech students understand and appreciate hard work, Georgia Tech students come together, collaborate, volunteer, and are compassionate.

I would look myself in the eye and say, "Jordan, college is very, very difficult. Especially if you are going into engineering, prepare yourself for long nights, and problems that are more difficult than anything you have every encountered. But more importantly, just stay true to yourself. Remember that girl who loves volunteerism? She is still in there. Remember the girl who loves to learn, and question the material? She is still in there. Don't compare yourself with others, and it's okay to not get the best grades, or be the best. Just always remember to be the best version of yourself because YOU are the only person that you need to impress. Remember to set aside some time for you and only you. Remember to not be too hard on yourself. Remember to stay close to your friends and family that you had before college. Make friends who are different than you; learn and put yourself out there." Although I did many of these things, you can get lost in the moment and forget how to feel. I would always remind myself of the dream, and not to get lost with the rush around me.

Arlette

Someone who is really focused on what they want to do in life. Students here know what they want and sometimes seem bionic in that we can handle a lot of academic work load and still have a social life. If someone is unsure as to what they want to do it is also a great place to find out who you want to be as long as you are academically focused and know that in general you want to do something big in life.

The biggest thing to know is not to procrastinate. I know in high should you were able to make perfect scores on tests without even studying, but college is completely different. You have to study and on time! Studying at 4 am in the morning will not get you that A you want. However, all the rumors that A's are impossible to get at Georia Tech are completely false. If you're willing to put the work and time into it everything will be fine. Don't be afraid to talk to your professors about grading or anything you don't understand. Again the rumor that professors don't care about you are completely false, and don't wait to get help. There is no shame in asking for help and the sooner you get it, the less stress you will have that semester. Don't procrastinate and trust in your abilities. Georgia Tech is a difficult school, but it will mold you into being the person you need and want to be one day.

Someone who thinks its just a party school, they will fail miserably and quickly.

Timothy

It is a wild ride where the student learns a great deal about themselves, the world, and how to succeed.

You're a mess, and you need to get a lot in order before hitting campus. College can be a fresh start if you make it a fresh start, which means you need to lay to rest all of high school. You need confidence more than anything at this point. No amount of mine or anyone else's cheerleading will give it to you, it has to be an internal change, where you know who you are and who you want to be. Start by becoming more athletic. It will give you much more confidence in yourself physically and mentally. Next, find a room with a friend or aquaintance, do not start off college alone. If you cannot, find friends and keep them close. Make an effort to be with them. Give everyone you meet a chance to get to know them. Finally, never ever let anyone control your self esteem or tell you who you should be, either directly or indirectly from their actions. If you can get the confidence you need now, you will be set up for success. I wish you the best, my friend.

The amount of small talk. It comes across as no one caring and just talking to pass the time. There is no real substance to the conversations and everything is always surface level.

Barbara

17-Year-Old Me, Right now you're excited and nervous. You've heard a million diferent bits of advice from a dozen different sources. You and your classmates' lives have been picked apart under the microscope, your past accomplishments weighed and measured for their apparent scholastic worth. It seems like your entire future is on-the-line, with all the pressure to succeed as the lines between the "winners" and the "losers" are drawn. I'm here to tell you it's not ALL going to be okay. Some days the obstacles will feel overwhelming and your options limited. Sometimes you won't perform up-to-expectations and your future won't appear so bright. Sometimes you'll feel lonely, and, yes, believe-it-or-not, you'll miss high school. But I'm also here to tell you - don't worry. Don't waste time worrying about what others think of your college, major, resume, or rankings. Don't be led astray by prestige - impressing others is meaningless if it makes you unhappy. Spend less time worrying about the future, and more time learning about yourself. Enjoy even the college struggles. Trust me - it goes by fast. -BH

Monica

If I could go back in time and take to myself as a high school senior, I would definitely have told myself to take advantage of every opportunity. I used to feel as though money would come to me and I wouldn't have to put in any effort to get it, I found once I graduated my thoughts were completely false. I didn't have enough money to begin college last year, that's when I was supposed to but now I've took it upon myself to become in charge of my own education. When I was in highschool, college was on the back burner and it should've been my top priority. I would tell myself that everything will not be handed to you simply because you have a diploma in your hand, success requires hard work and that's something that I've learned being out of school for nearly a year and a half. I always wish I could go back in time but it's not how you start in my eyes, it's how you finish.

Georgia Institute of Technology-Main Campus administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.