Atlanta, GA
Georgia Institute of Technology-Main Campus

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Georgia Institute of Technology-Main Campus

Laura

It's okay to ask for help. Even though you are a very independent person the classes you are about to sign up for are on a whole new difficulty level than you have ever experienced before. Take advantage of every opportunity you have to get ahead whether it be tutoring, review sessions, or help desk. Never underestimate a class at Georgia Tech. Make friends with professors and all kinds of students. Your peers may have the same problems as you do and you can solve them together. The more friends you make the better you will feel when you are looking for help on something. You are about to enter an extremely hard school that will challenge you mentally and emotionally. Do not let the difficulty of the classes get you down. It's not how good you do, it's how much better you do than everyone else.

The difficulty of the the classes at Georgia Tech is insane. Some classes are going to be hard no matter what but some classes are just made so much more difficult than they need to be. It is really frustrating when you don't know whether you are going to pass your classes until like the very end because basically all of the professors wait until the last second to put grades up.

I wish I would've known more about greek life before coming to this school. It is very prominent here. Also I would've liked to know that I could wait to buy my books until classes actually started. Some professors don't even require them which would have saved me a lot of money first semester.

Kate

Georgia Tech is infuriating, exhausting, exhilarating, challenging, frustrating, crazy, and intense, and I am incredibly proud to be a Yellow Jacket and a Helluva Engineer!

I would give myself this advice: Do exactly what you're planning to do, because that lead me to a rewarding and fulfilling college life. Go out and make as many friends as you can, explore everything, study hard, and stay balanced. Remember that you're among the best of the best, and that the average here is really smart in the real world. Oh, and avoid 8am classes! They're not as "late morning" as they sound to a young woman who gets up at 6:15, trust me!

I brag about how academically challenging my school is and how successful our students and alumni are-- after Georgia Tech, the working world is fun and relaxing!

the amount of work, I want quality not quantity and sometimes I feel I don't have the time to give quality to everything.

Don't sweat it. You are going to get in. You will have to work hard to get what you want, but you will be surrounded by great friends who will be there for you and be positive encouragment throughout, you are blessed! Enjoy it, but not too much:P

The connections and networking, becasue you have a lot of mentors willing to come back and career fairs/info sessions.

Scott

Georgia Tech is known for how difficult it is, relative to classes. Because all of the degrees require so much effort and time to get, most companies know that Georgia Tech very well prepares their students for "The Real World". Because of this, Georgia Tech has all of the major disciplines of engineering in the top ten in the nation, as well as boasts the number one ranking for engineering job recruitment.

If I was to give advice to my old self, I would tell myself to find out what he really wants to do with his life. Choose something you would enjoy doing, and make sure its right. It is way more important to do something you love then to choose the wrong thing for your life. Learn how to study properly. Classes will be difficult, and it will be stressful. Do not ever be afraid to get help from someone. People are there for you to help out, and give advice for you. You can't do everything by yourself, and sometimes other people have wisdom that they can give to you. Learn to be financially responsible. Now that you are away from your parents, it is your job to pay your way for social events. Learn to save, and learn what things you should truly value in life. Money is a very scarce resource, and you should try to watch over it as best as possible. Above all, believe in yourself. Don't count yourself out. Things will be hard, but I know you can make it through it. That would be my advice.

The worst thing about my school is the difficulty of the classes. Most people are unprepared for the jump between a relatively easy life in high school to going to a very difficult technology school. It makes school there very stressful and time consuming, and some people do not interact socially as much as others, so finding ways to release stress can be very difficult.

Candace

Take Better Notes! Even though you took both Physics and AP Physics, you still have to take it again. Also, Please take the AP English Exam, just another class towards college graduation. Save your money now, because college is very expensive and you never really know what you have to pay for at any given time. You will have some hard times, but remember Mommy and Daddy have always got your back, through the 100's and 57's. I would tell you to make great friends, but you always do and stick with them. Just stay focused, stay prayed up, and stay calm because you can do this, you already are.

It may be a lot of work, but you have so much fun and make great friends who are just as focused as you are on what you want to do in life. Everyone is working towards one goal, and we have all got each other's backs to help us get there. Whether it is pulling countless all-nighters to get an A on a project, or staring at a screen for hours on end to find a descrepency in a code, we get it done together.

A lazy person, quitters, people who will give up over a few bad grades, because it happens to the best of us if not all of us. We all have our good days, and our bad days, and our worse days, and our "Why do all of my grades suck and our football team suck?!?!" kind of days... But those who graduate this school go on to do great things. At Tech, it's possible to have all of those terrible days and come out with a good grade, because just about everyone else is right there with you.

Ivan

I dont like the workload, if the workload was a little lighter I may have a better social life.

I enjoy the Clough Common building it helps students to come togethor to soliaze and study. At Georgia Tech, networking with students and facualty is critical to survive in acemdic challenging school. The Clough Common can offer students tutoring service .

My senior year in high school was stressful in meeting deadlines for college applications. Entering college I would advise myself to quickly get to know your faculty and students. This exposure will definitely help me pursue my major more quickly with more focus, less insecurity, and smoother transition.

beheridew

If I could go back in time, I would have so much to tell myself. College is no joke and moving into a university such as the Georgia Institute of Technology is definitely not an easy task. My mind set my senior year of high school was no where near where I needed to be moving into college. I would most likely slap myself silly and explain to myself that I need to realize that I am receiving an amazing opportunity and need to start thinking about my future. As far as other advise for living on campus, I would let myself know that living on my own is not the same as having my mom clean and look after me. That first year on campus is a test of if you can handle maintaining your own self and it requires much more attention and focus than living at home. The last thing I would advise myself is that college is an overwhelming environment but it is important to stay calm and never lose sight of your goals and the reasons why you chose to pick that school.

The worst thing about Georgia Tech would have to be the wide range of resources it offers. This may seem like a positive aspect to many but it is very overwhelming for an incoming freshman to grasp all these resources. Personally, I had first hand experience with this case which is the only reason I consider this a negative aspect. I was not given the proper direction my freshman year to take full advantage of the resources at Georgia Tech.

Whenever I gather with my close friends, I always seem to brag most about the amazing buildings at my school. The athletic department has a center which houses an outstanding gym with 2 full basketball courts along with a pool equipped with a waterslide. The gym even has rock climbing and a rachetball area! Before going to this school, I had never seen anything so impressive in my life. This is only a sample of the absolutely amazing centers sitting on the Georgia Tech campus.

Bret

The lack of financial assistance for those with financial need.

The lack of financial assistance for those with financial need.

Bret, I can now say with full confidence in my words that I love you for who you are. You will take several years for you to understand that, but have faith that things will get better. We were in dark times and they were in no way your fault. You will accomplish great things in your time and you no longer have to be afraid of being alone again. The transition will be hard for you, but strive ever onwards. You have the ability within you. Conquer it. My advice for you is find love for yourself. You will travel alone, but only for a time. Soon, you will find a ray of sunshine that brings you out of darkness and into the light. Yes, you are broken, but you will be rebuilt into something wonderful. Do not lose sight of who you are and do not be compromised by others. I can say this in full confidence because I have met her. She who will give your life a meaning you cannot even comprehend. She is beautiful and I cannot wait for you to meet her, hug her, and love her.

Kinzie

Kinzie here is a list that I think will come in handy for your upcoming semester at Georgia Tech. 1. Remember that you are a whole person & that to neglect any one aspect of health is to neglect them all. 2. Just because someone is nice to you does not mean they have your best interest at heart or good motivations. 3. Remember to be discplined in all things, because discipline leads to freedom which alone leads to happiness. This discipline will serve you well in school and in life. 4. Everyone fails, everyone falters its what you do after falling that matters. Perserverance is the most important aspect of success. 5. Love yourself and surround yourself with people who love you. 6. Remember that thoughts turn into actions, that actions turn into habits and habits turn into you. So think happy thoughts! 7. This is going to be the biggest challenge of your life, when you get here you are going to feel overhwlemed at first. Just take a deep breath, understand that it is a good thing to be challenged and once overcome it will be a constant source of pride. 8. Always do your best.

Georgia Tech teaches you to learn. It challenges you to rise above what you thought you could do and learn things you never thought possible. So once out in the real world you can learn and do it quickly.

Undisciplined people should not attend Georgia Tech. When you get here you need to have a plan in mind of what you want to do, and how you want to get there or this school can overwhelm you.

Georgia Institute of Technology-Main Campus administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.