Phoenix, AZ
Grand Canyon University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Grand Canyon University

Janet

I have learned a tremendous amount through GCU. My teachers have been exceptional, understanding and willing to work with me. My classmates have many insights about the lessons taught and share their ideas with the class. I hope to use my degree in the mission field as a teacher, maybe in a foreign country or here in the US. It has been valuable to help me attain my goal of Nursing education. Many of my students have appreciated my teaching and I want to pass that on to as many people as I can. I have been told many times that I have a heart for missions. Getting my Masters is one way I can go to the missions field and help others.

I go to school online. I love this opportunity and learn more this way. I love attending classes online and I can attend whenever I have the time and am able to.

For me, it's the cost. Going back to school is quite expensive and takes up some time, not that I mind, I am happy to do so to get my Masters Degree.

Joseph

Throughout my first-semester in college I experienced many things that made me finish to the end without quitting. I learned that in this economic calamity it is very hard and stressful to earn a career job or even hold a good job. I realized that the only solution to succeeding in this world is education because that is my ticket to reaching my dream. Also I had a teacher who spoke with me and gave me a word of advice when I was about to drop out of college. He said, "Life will knock us down, but we can choose to get back up." From then on I have been dedicated to my work and taken pride in everything that college throws at me. College is very valuable to me because when all the schooling is complete: it will be easier for me to find employment, earn more money than others, some careers require a degree and I have a more advance education than others who has a high school diploma. I have learned from my older realtives who did not continue their education and ended up homeless because without a degree it is hard to survive.

dustin

I have gotten so much out of my college expierence. I have been able to meet new people and expandmy social network so that my friends from college today can be my business partners in the years to come. Also it has taught me to be more disciplined and responsible which has allowed me to better prepare myself for the world outside of college. Lastly it has given me self confidence. I always knew i could do a lot and succeed but being in college I have seen myself go above and beyond and now I know the stars are truely the limits.

How everyone is extremely helpful. GCU is built to where no one should fail. The classes are perfect for anyones schedule and the teachers and staff make sure no one gets lost.

Probably just the fact that you get a new academic or finance counsler every new year or more and it makes things kind of hard to keep track of.

My classmates now were different from the ones I had in high school. They are more educated and passionate to learn. In high school, the students didn't care about their future. So for me it was really amazing to know how many students wanted to succeed in life.

The experience I received was very valuable to me because I know I could pass it on to incoming college students in the future. I realized living off campus was a difficult sitiuation. Coming from a low-income family; I couldn't afford to buy myself a car. Therefore, I take the city bus to go to school. For me to attend to class was like a mission. I would wake up early, dress up, and catch the bus that comes scheduled for every half hour. But I still made it on time. For me it was important to be on time because I had valuable learning to do. If I were to miss atleast 10 minutes, its like missing a day of learning. As for my college experience, I learned alot in communication, confidence, and independence. Without those three, I don't know how I would have ended up.

I would have wished I knew how much money I needed to live on campus. I wanted to know how much scolarships I could've got. I now know that students that live on campus succeed more than the students living off campus.

Sabrina

My college experience has taught me a lot about myself. I was so unsure about what I wanted in my life, and attending college has really helped me set up the path that I need to take to be successful. It has given me confidence in my school work, my extra curricular activities, and mostly myself. I have made so many new friends and gained a family with my Dance team. I have also learned how much of a responsibility life is and how we can never take a day or a person for granted. Mostly I have discovered that life is tough and that I am going to have to work really hard to do what I want to do, friendships come and go but there are a few people who will always stick around, and your family is one of the most important things to have.

That college may seem easy for the first year, but it gets harder and more is expected of you.

Student oriented, lots of spirit, great education benefits, tons of opportunities for work, atheltics, friendships and other extra curricular activities, great professors, great students, feeling of being safe on campus, feels like one big family.

Sakineh

Out of my college experience, I have learned that financial needs are not the only factors that contribute to a student's lack of studies. For example, a student should give their attention, time, and efforts to study regardless of the financial crisis which will only keep the student from studying further and fail in future.

The teachers anc academic counselors, advisors help with their students to achieve their goals set. Student Service, in short.

Financial assistant is a worry for me at Grand Canyon University, because it is a private institute and costs a bit more than other universities such as Arizona StateUniversity.

Tonesha

I have really enjoyed getting to know some of the other students in my courses. The discussion forums used that GCU are a great way of getting to know other people. In the courses I have taken, having to discuss varies ideas and topics has really helped me to be more open-minded because I have gotten to explore the view points of other people from different cultures and walks of life. I also find that the professors really know their professions and are always willing to go that extra mile with you to help you to understand the subject matter. I believe that all experiences can be good ones; it just depends on how you choose to view them. Going back to school at 30+ has helped me to grow as a person both mentally and spiritually, I have found that I am actually gaining more than I had originally intended; and I love it.

Perhaps the worst thing about this school is sometimes the course work is extremely demanding. For someone like me with a family and other things going on in their lives it can be somewhat stressful.

This university has a strong Christian based environment. It would probably not suit anyone who is not a Christian or interested in learning about Christianity.

beth

Although I may only be at a community college, I have recieved something that will better my life and make me an all-around better person, education. I am so grateful to have the opportunity to attend college. I have learned many life lessons as well as expanding my knowledge in many areas. Attending college is very important and vauble in today's world because it gives one a sense of direction and accomplishment. Taking the initiative to further my education has put me ahead in life, by staying focused and comitted to school in a world with a high dropout rate. I have the ambition, the drive, and the focus to make it through school and one day earn my Doctorate's degree in Archaeology so I can make an impact on the world I live in. What I lack are the resources and funds, but I will do whatever it takes to achieve my ultimate goal.

Cherie

I have received so much from my college experience. I have learned better time-management. I have learned to multi-task, but mostly, I have learned that the lawn can be mowed by children. Being a full-time mother and a full-time staff nurse, I have to make sure that I can handle anything extra that I take on. I was very pessimistic when I first began this adventure, but as I advanced from class to class with A's in each one, my self-confidence built, as a person and as a nurse. The online program at Grand Canyon University has been very valuable to me because I am a tactile learner. I have always had a difficult time sitting for long periods of time listening to lectures. With this program, I am given my assignments, but for the most part, I choose how I accomplish them in a way that fits me best. This is so valuable because I walk away with the most knowledge that I can because I am learning the way that I need to, not what is best for most. I hope that many more students feel as rewarded as I do.

I believe a mature, dedicated person should become a student at Grand Canyon University. This University is a Christian college, thus, one should have a faith-based strength to endure their college career. If one should chose to take on the endeavor of the online program, they must be very disciplined and dedicated to their studies. The faculty is wonderful in ways, such as, supportive, helpful, and directive if one finds themselves in need of guidance. There are many supportive venues within the University including prayer groups, on campus and online.

This is a very difficult question to answer for me because I have always enjoyed the challenge of learning. The only frustrating situation that I can say is that I do disappoint my children occassionally when I have a paper due or five chapters to read. As most children, they do not like the focus to be anywhere else other than at them. My school experience has been wonderful at Grand Canyon University, especially since I am in the online program which basically revolves around my schedule.

Dana

I have more confidence, self-discipline, organization, and persistance out of my college experience. It has been valuable for me to attend because it has helped me grow as a person as well as teach me the things I need to know to do the career I want to go into. It has taught me alot about myself and taught me that I can reach my full potential through getting the education I am getting. I feel that it has and will also help me make better decisions in my family life and in my career. College does not just educate you about your major, it also helps you grow as a person and be able to mature more.

Grand Canyon University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.