Phoenix, AZ
Grand Canyon University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Grand Canyon University

What is unique is the fact that one of your classes is a Christian class. Other schools just have business and liberal art courses but never any Christian class requirement. Also is the fact that our mascot is an antelope and a common phrase at games is, "Lopes Up!" Unique in design is the focus on Christianity and the focus on hearing opinions and get others experiences with their faiths.

Advising myself starts as being weary of credit cards, as even though they are sweet and nice to spend, it is also comes to an end when you get the bill. When I turned 18 I decided to get credit cards and before I graduated high school, I was in credit card debt. This could of gotten me a lot of student loans of the private nature and of private sources, although even student loans both private and public is risky in nature as you are in debt with that after college. Apply for much grant/scholarship aid as you can Michael. Loans are the enemy and become a snow bank and are bigger and bigger by college end. Find a relatively good and inexpensive college, even though is not your dream education. I wanted the Ivy Leaguer school and paid the price. A school offering the same degree of a cheaper value would have sufficed. Take time in your scholarship essay and applications. My applications for scholarship looked like I was a five year old drawing for the first time. I was disappointed and missed a lot of scholarship opportunities on part of messy scholarship applications. Be smart OK.

The ability to know of how Christian based this school really is. This school fosters a sense of Christian identity and is a few of a handful of university that is plentiful in Christian education. I also which I could of known that I would be required to take a Christian class. Students coming here need to know of the Christianity based school this is. You meet others of diverse faiths. Opinions and ideologies are very high and caused heated debate so this school is very social controversial but one must accept others right to opinions.

mandy

Honestly, I find the students here are intelligent, but I feel they could be more technologically advanced than they are.

If I could talk to myself as a high school senior, I would first tell myself to believe in who I am. It might seem simple, but I think a lot of people do not know what they are capable of. This was definitely the case with me. I was afraid of failing in college even though I had all the tools I need to be successful. I had a capability beyond what many others might have upon graduation, and I let my fear defer me from reaching for my dreams. I would tell myself to reach for the dreams and not to be afraid. Fear is a strong thing, and when it is not overcome, one can spend a lifetime regretting it. I spent many years wishing I had gone back to school and used my God given intellect for a greater purpose. I would save myself the regret and pain if I could and tell myself to go to college because nothing is worse than wondering if you could have done it the first time.

People from any type of back ground could come to this school. I think you should be serious about your education if you want to attend this school. The courses are considered rigorous, and students will get a quality education at this school. If you do not like hot weather do not apply for the ground campus. Try the online school instead.

Victoria

As I sit at my desk in my college dorm room I find my mind drifting back to last year as I sat in one of my high school classrooms hearing just another person talk about their great college experience. I remember eventually hearing the person talk about how the transition from the comforts of your childhood home and your new college home is not easy. When the person would get to this part I would always think "well that will not be a problem for me since I am SO ready to leave home." Now that I am ten weeks into my college experience I realize that I should have taken that advice seriously. Although I did not find the transition to be unbearable, I definitely did not find it to be flawless either. If I was to reverse time and go talk to myself during my senior year I would tell myself to spend as much time with loved ones as possible by taking advantage of each and every moment. I would also tell myself not to worry to much because everything will be better than okay, in fact it will end up great!

Since this is my freshman year in college there are definitely things I wish I would have had the knowledge of before attending. Some of the things I forgot about were the everyday items that I left at home. Besides the things that every freshman sometimes forget about or do not have the knowledge of I honestly feel like I knew everything I need to know before coming to Grand Canyon University. I was completely prepared for everything Grand Canyon University had to offer me simply because the admission councilors make sure you are thoroughly ready for the college experience.

I believe that there is no specific type of person that should attend Grand Canyon University because it is a campus of great diversity. With one quick glance at the campus makes it very apparent how ethnically beautiful our campus truly is. When people come to visit our school they instantly notice how genuinely nice every student is and how harmonious our campus is with all its different types of people. I strongly feel that everyone who attempts to fit in at Grand Canyon University will be accepted with open arms.

aubree

The advice I would give myself if i could go back in time, would be to listen and trust myself as well as my strengths. Push myself to work harder and give myself more opportunities to gain scholarships. I would tell myself to focus on what I want to accomplish and where I want to be in the next five years. Also not to get distracted by negative people or negative results so I am able to reach my goals in life. Finally, I would tell myself to never give up. Circumstances seen and unseen will arise and it will cause me to second guess myself, but I must have faith and keep pushing myself to stay the course I have set for myself and for my life.

How amazingly wonderful the environment and the people were.

A person should not attend this school if he or she is uncommitted to giving their best in accomplishing what they came to achieve.

One vital piece of advice I'd give myself would've been to study harder for SAT's or ACTS. They're an important piece when applying for scholarships and grants for college. Some states such as Florida, offer programs that depending on what you score on your SATs and ACTs will pay anywhere from ten percent to one-hundred percent of your college. I'd also tell myself get motivation on applying for scholarships so I wouldn't struggle later in order to receive any. I wouldn’t want to rely on loans with no job for steady income and end up in debt from lack of motivation and hard work. I’d let me know that the transition part from high school to college isn’t difficult but takes sheer focus in order to strive towards the goals I have set for myself. I’d make sure to maintain the skill sets I have of time management and organization will come in handy throughout college and the rest of my career.

Tabitha

Their retention of students, their support, and their ability to successfully graduate students from their courses that become integral parts of society.

Dont worry about your parents, they will be fine without you. You dont have to know what your path is right away because your school will help provide you with experiences and challenges that will help you discover what path you will take. Take more time to experience life and enjoy learning new things. If you struggle ask for help. Remember you are a child and deserve to be a kid. Dont grow up too fast or take on the responsibility of others or you wont have time to be happy. Follow your heart and trust in GOD.

My instructors, councelors, and financial aid staff are knowledgeable and always there to assist me. My new instructors call to introduce themselves and discuss and go over the class. They are promt at giving thorough feedback. GCU is a christian school and knowing that there is an undertone of GOD being involved in my education and knowing that I can always call and speak to a pastor just adds to the alreayd supportave enviornment GCU maintains. There is no changing of councelors or advisors; they are there with you every step of the way.

i am an online student. Many of the students that are in my different classes have always been very nice and helpful. We often trade numbers, because we come from different parts of the country (which is cool).

Do your best in high school. Take college and my career more seriously. Take more pride in myself and my abilities.

This university is a really good one. But the biggest downfall is that this university is very expensive, because this is a private, Christian university. It also can be difficult to get in touch with counslers and advisors.

Terri

if i was able to go back in time i would tell my self to not screw around in school and do the best i can and get good grades. make sure to study two hours a night for each class i have. Make sure that you ask lots of question when you dont understand something. be careful as for the friends you choose because they can break or change your life. while in school always make sure you can make your points come across as clear as possible. It is also important to make sure that you have an open line of communication with teachers, counselors, principles, assistant principles, and book keepers. I also would have kept god closer to my heart and everyday bring him into my school work. in my life now i cant change the past and i have to go with the future and change my life from the time i enter college until the time i finish my schooling. i have to finish with honors and walk down that isle because i did not get to in high school. this is my one dream for the future.

Well not all my classes tranfer because they only allow so many tranfer credits and i reached the max so i lost a great deal of my credits and have to retake the classes.i had payed all my loans off just to have another 4500 to pay off after i graduate.it is my hope to recieve scholarships to help with my school so i dont burdened my family with my cost of schooling.i am raising my five kids on single budget that leaves little money for school. I want to be a role model for my kids.

The worst thing that i have encountered with gcu is the finanical aid does not cover much of your classes at all. My finanical aid counselor did not inform me totally of cost per class and so now i am out 5,545 dollars . 2,775 of my financial aid covered some then i got credit for tranfer 28 credit with 3.0 average which is better then most students. I still am trying to figure out how i am going to cover the hole and be able to raise my 5 kids because money is very tight.

Lisa

It is a Christian University that offers on-line courses that make attending school convienent for nontraditional students.

My senior year in high school the last thing I wanted to do was become a teacher. All my family are educators and I wanted nothing to do with it. Now twenty five years later I have come around! I would tell myself do not wait 25 years to go to school to be a teacher, do it now! I do know the last 25 years God has been preparing me to be the best teacher I can be. And has given me a heart for the special students that I work with. And I would not give back those years in exchange for anything. God has me right where he wants me to be and I plan on continuing to follow where HE leads me.

Kelsey

I would tell myself to go with the place that speaks to your heart. the decision of where to go should not be decided because of what your parents want or where your friends go. when you choose the college you're going to go to it needs to be a place that makes you feel good on the inside as well as has all of the things you feel you need for your comfort. otherwise it is really unlikely that you will suceed. I would also tell myself to remember that while the social life is important the acedemic part is even more so and that it's okay to make your friends wait to hang out as long as you are making some acedemic progress.

It would have to be how much I feel like I am being challenged there. I'm the kind of person who needs to be acedemically challenged and I love that this school does just that without making me feel like I'm drowning. I also love how close the campus is, between the placment of the buildings and the closness of the individuals there. It's the perfect place for me.

Probably the fact that there is not enough parking in close enough vacinity to the buildings. but they are fixing that problem in the next couple years.

Grand Canyon University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.