Phoenix, AZ
Grand Canyon University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Grand Canyon University

Pam

A wonderful mixture of age, race, religious and social backgrounds.

A wonderful mixture of age, race, religious and social backgrounds.

I may have a different perspective on this question than most. I am returning to college after a 25 year absence. If I could return and talk to myself as a high-school senior, there are several things I would say. First and most importantly, I would remind myself what my parents always taught me. A college education is the foundation for the rest of life. I would have to remind myself that the dreams I had for my life and carreer as a young child must be followed. Do not allow anything to cause you to stray from your goals. There is absolutely nothing more important in your life right now than a college education, it will open up the world for you. College is a transition. It is a time to explore ourselves and the world, through knowledge. Apply yourself completely, don't get distracted. There will be freedom you may not have had before in making daily decisions. Always remember that every decision you make, no matter how trivial it may seem, will affect the rest of your life. Enjoy your time at college, learn all that you can. A college education is the foundation for everything.

Daniel

Grand Canyon University is the only school that helped me cut though the financial red tape so I could return to school.

Present Day Self: I know this might sound exactly like what your parents and your teachers are telling you, but you need to listen to me carefully. Next year you will be going off to college and you will fail out of your first year. High School Self: Sure... PDS: It's true. You go away to college and even though you stand by your conviction now, that you will not just party while you are there... HSS: (Sarcastically) I fail out. PDS: Yeah you do. The only thing you have to show for your first year is a blurred memmory of nights at the frat houses and days of all night cram sessions before tests, because you told yourself, I could do it in high school so why not now. That and student loan debt of about $12,000. HSS: That won't happen. I won't let it. PDS: That is what I said. But unless you stop thinking that you pass by doing all nighters like you did in High School you will end up like me. Twenty nine years old and still trying to finish my degree online because of my attitude during my first year.

I wish i would have listened to everyone else who kept telling me to stay focused. My first year I was surrounded by temptation. I strayed off course and my studies fell behind. I was an honor student in high school but I ended up failing my first year of college due to partying. I started a different school the following fall and aced my schedule. I had to leave school a year before graduation due to financial instability. Now I am 29 years old trying to finish up my degree online when I should have already graduated.

Christopher

Ability to supply an education to those in need.

Ability to supply an education to those in need.

Focus more on your work than everyone else around you and homework is SO important!

Commiteed to succeeding and someone that likes heat.

Darold

My classmates are open minded.

My classmates are open minded.

This is a christian University where alot of students get to work on their relationship with god and have pastor on campus to talk with them when students have problems

I would tell myself to make sure I am positive in what I want to pursue as a career. Recognize what my strengths and talents are early on so I can realize early on what I would enjoy doing. I would also tell my self to budget my money better and only purchase something that is an absolute must.

Christina

I do not have any classmates because all of my classes are online.

I do not have any classmates because all of my classes are online.

I would tell myself to try harder. That high school is easy compared to college life and life in general. And I would tell myself to prepare better financially and to not be scared to ask for help in applying for college, that if you ask the right people for help that it can be a fairly easy and exciting process. I would also tell myself to do my research on what I want to do and how to plan on achieving those goals, and that no goal in unattainable as long as you put your mind to it.

No-one. I believe this school is perfect for any person who's willing to put into the time and effort.

Tavisha

I would tell myself to pay more attention to the price of the school, to make sure that I am getting the most bang for my buck. Conjointly I would tell myself to travel more, though it is expensive, it will help get a feel for all the different experiences and to pay attention locations, atmosphere, and tempo of the campus, and activities along the lines of greek life, etc. I wish I made sure I made a decision more focused on what would suits my personality, and what makes me happy, over what third parties may have wanted and looked for in a universities. Lastly, but what reins most important is that I had the proper major for my personality and that suits my liking, because being happy with what you are doing makes the school work less stressful.

I wish i had known more about the area that the school is located, because it is hard to find a job without a car. I also wished I knew more about the extra expenses, because I have spent more than what the expected rate. Additionally I wish I knew more about the tempo of the campus, and the activited available to the students.

A person that should not attend this school is someone who doesn not like rules and a christian strucure. This school is not a good place for someone that is looking for parties and a lively city atmosphere, because it is a christian private school that stays close to its Baptist background. Nor is it a good place for those who are not focused and/or motivated because it is the most expensive school in Arizona, and there is not much consuling asistance.

Grand Canyon University is a small private school attened by about 1000 students, this school allows students to persue their goals, meet great people and open their future new experiences.

If I could talk to myself as a senior I would have allot to say, first of all during senior year it is important to do the best you can in academics, even though there is allot going on it is necessary to keep your head on straight. When applying to colleges grades are important in order for acceptance but another big part of college is money. Having good grades will help to gain more scholarships which will allow you to attend the school you want to. Also I would let myself know not to worry if you are not exactly sure what you want to do when you start college, do not rush into anything and when you do find something you enjoy look into it as much as you can, a great way to do this is find a way to volunteer. I am a nursing major in college and am looking forward to becoming a nurse but I wish I had some experience in the field before I began majoring in it. I would lastly tell myself don't worry what others think about the things you do and the choices you make involving college.

A goal oriented person who knows what they want to get out of their college experince is the type of person that should attened Grand Canyon University. This school gives students the chance to become completely prepared for the career they want to make in the future. I am a nursing major and even in my freshman year I have been able to take classes and gain knowlegde that I will need when I graduate and become a nurse.

Charalotte

Grand Canyon University is a fabulos school which provides online and ground education with a religious based foundation for all students, regardless of their faith, beliefs or religious backgrounds.

I would advise myself to apply for as many scholarships and grants as possible to ensure free funding for my college education. I would also advise myself to leave home and go to a school out of my hometown. I would learn more by living on campus and experiencing the college life than staying home with my mother and socializing with old friends who are not in school. I would also advise myself to find friends with common goals and a purpose. Friends that are not in school or do not desire success will slow me down and possibly stop my education process. Finally, I would advise myself to avoid all relationships with the opposite sex. They will distract me and bring my focus to them and not the education. My teachers and counselors should be my support, not a man that I meet around the school's campus. In conclusion, my advice, to my high school senior self, would be focus, focus, focus and finish your degree now and not later.

A student interested in receiving a solid, reputable and phenomenal education without any one judging them based on their race, beliefs or backgrounds. Also, a student who is interested in extracurricular activities such as sports, prayer groups or missions in various locations benefit from an education at Grand Canyon University.

Melissa

Take your time, rushing only makes things more complicated. Don't be in a hurry to grow-up by moving out, getting a job while trying to get your education. There is plenty of time for grown up issues, take time to be young and stupid while focusing on your education.

The online structure fits into my work and home schedules. I am able to log in anytime of the day to complete my assignments. I also enjoy that group assignments are worked into the course but do not make up the entire class.

I am on my 3rd academic counselor, every time a change is made, I am not made aware. There have been a few times where I had to call and email several times before I received a call back to notify me of the change.

Terrance

The school I am applying to is both fun and challenging

The school I am applying to is both fun and challenging

Grand Canyon University is a christian college, but its not just about church but hard work, dedication, and heart.

I would sit myself down and apologize. In high school I was really hard on myself. Growing up in foster care you have to be tough. Even though I was the nicest guy, I was very insecure. If I saw the old Terrance I would tell him, " You can make it buddy. You dont have to please any body but your heart. Dont discard it, listen to it. Your heart has alot to say." About college life I would him, "Stick to it buddy. You know you cant do this by yourself. Dont be so stubborn ask for help. Remember that there are no stupid questions. I also believe in you." In high school, I had low self esteem and I was scared. I was told that I wouldnt make it to high school and that I would not graduate. Well i made it. I would also tell little Terrance that his past is not his future. That he may share the same blood as a codependent mother and a drug addicted father, but that is not all he was meant to be. College is available and has so much to offer him. He can do this.

Grand Canyon University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.