Monmouth University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Monmouth University

alyssa

It is a perfect size school, where classes don't typically exceed 25-30 students, so you can interact with professors, make connections and actually learn. The campus life is beautiful and the surrounding area offers tons of things to do. The only downside is the large tuition, though they offer a lot of scholarship money for students, there is no need for such a high tuition.

Idelis

Monmouth University, is great if you want to go to a small school. The professors know who you are which comes to a great advantage when you need help with the coursework. It's also a small community so everybody knows each other and it's great to make friends.

Monmouth University is a beautiful school located a mile from the New Jersey shoreline. The campus is medium sized with historical buildings in which are well preserved. The campus is upkept maintenance wise as well as the campus facilities remaining sanitary. The University offers stellar sports fields to provide the best experiences.

Alyssa

Overall it is a great school, other than the high expense of it. I have already learned so much and made so many friends in my first year. On campus housing is very suitable as both a freshman and sophomore, but most people move off campus by junior year. However housing off campus is also really expensive.

D

Monmouth University mostly has a lot of pros and a few cons. Monmouth has a beautiful campus, small class room sizes, professors are always available for extra help, and dorm buildings are comfortable and safe. But they can use some improvement in the food area of things. For example, part of the cafeteria food does not change at all. There's always grilled chicken, hamburgers, hot dogs, and french fries every day. Not to say that having those options are a bad but it is nice to have different options of food to choose from every once and a while. This is the only thing that Monmouth is lacking. There's not much to choose from when it comes to food options and students get tired of eating the same thing every day. I would see my fellow classmates off campus eating dinner sometimes because of the lack of food options to choose from. All in all, Monmouth is a great school and I love it. People are social, the campus is gorgeous and their academics are amazing. I'm glad I chose Monmouth University. GO HAWKS!!

Dena

Monmouth University is an amazing school. It comes with more opportunities than you could imagine. They offer many different majors, student-professor professional relationships, and wonderful academics. It is also only a mile from the beach, and the campus is beautiful. There are so many different activities and clubs to get involved in. There is definitely something for everyone at Monmouth!

Mark

I like Monmouth University but for the tuition that I’m paying I shouldn’t have class where ever there is available space like in the library and it should change from day to day.

Werlhens

Monmouth is a great school in my opinion. There are a lot of activities to join and be apart of on campus. the campus is really big and beautiful especially at night and there is a lot of parties that happen off campus on weekends from thursday to saturday. The campus facilities management workers keep the campus in pretty good condition, they are always cleaning up debris on campus. Most of the professors are really nice and will work with you to get a good grade in class. basketball is big here at Monmouth, football not so much. Overall I give monmouth a 4 out of 5 rating. Good school.

Angela

My overall opinion of Monmouth University is fairly great. I think the location is perfect, right by Pier Village and Long Branch. I also think that the school is a great size, not too big but not too small. The classroom sizes only go up to 35 people so there are always great intellectual conversations and relationships. Also, most of the buildings and stadium has been renovated within the past years. Everything is updated and walking distance.

Noah

I have no regrets going to Monmouth University. The students and teachers are friendly and considerate. The school funds numerous clubs and activities to make sure students have the opportunity to stay involved. We also have very talented athletic teams that are considered Division 1. I would recommend Monmouth to any high school student trying to decide where to continue their education.

Julia

I love it here at Monmouth. I am so grateful to go to a college with great professors who are readily available when I need assistance or just have a quick question outside the classroom. My classmates are friendly, the campus is gorgeous and it just happens to be a few short miles to the beach.

May

The only reason I gave this place two stars is because of the professors. Otherwise it would have received none. The professors are very sweet and helpful, but the academics are so easy that it's a joke. I am part of the honors school and even the honors classes are ridiculously easy. I was able to maintain a close to perfect GPA without studying very hard. Don't come here if you're looking for any type of academic growth. There's really only a handful of ambitious students at this school. Most of the students here like the easy academics and get frustrated at any sign of a challenge in the classroom. A lot are very ignorant, snobby, and rich. Non-black kids love saying the n-word. There's barely any diversity and most of the people of color that do attend are here for the athletics. There's nothing to do on the weekends and the campus looks like a ghost town because so many people go home every weekend. The way the schedule is set up also makes it very hard to get involved in different club activities. You really can't be part of more than one club because there's only one time slot per week for club meetings and all the clubs schedule their meetings at the same exact time. I tried to go to meetings every other week for two clubs but I found that I couldn't get involved to the degree that I would have hoped for. Barely anyone attends club meetings. As a premed student, I wasn't able to do any research simply because I didn't have connections to any science professors who were conducting research. I was pretty disappointed because the school makes it seem as if everyone and anyone that wants to research can dive right in as soon as they're on campus. You would think that at a school that has terrible academics and students that really only care about passing rather than doing well that the parties would be fun, right? Wrong. I haven't been to a single party that was actually fun. I regret ever getting out of my bed for going to a sweaty, crowded frat house that runs out of alcohol within the first two hours. I stopped going out a long time ago. I live in a suite-style dorm and it is absolutely terrible. I'm closed off from interacting with anybody on my floor and literally don't know anyone that lives on my floor. The toilet is always getting clogged and smells disgusting. My tuition is $35 grand a year and it is absolutely not worth this garbage. I guess this place is heaven for students that are rich, white, and are only going to school for the degree rather than self-growth. If you want any type of mental, social, or academic growth, don't come here. I'm definitely transferring as soon as I can.

I love being a Monmouth Hawk. Living on Monmouth's beautiful campus is so much fun and the students/staff are always great. I am involved in clubs on campus like chemistry club and in the spring I will be joining a sorority. The class size at Monmouth is the best because there are only about 20 students in the room at a time and the professor is always able to meet/talk. There are so many opportunities Monmouth offers and I know I will enjoy these next 4 years there.

Brittney

Personally, I love Monmouth University and being a part of such a wonderful college! My professors genuinely care about my well-being and how I am doing. Their science department is absolutely breath-taking, which is good news for me since I am a science major. The people here are all relatively nice and polite so it is great to be able to talk to someone you have never met and not feel awkward in the conversation. The staff and faculty are extremely accommodating. They try their best to find time to answer all of your questions or at least point you in the right direction to the answer you are seeking. The class sizes are even better because I never feel invisible in a lecture hall since the average class contains about twenty students. I am so glad I chose Monmouth University and am excited for what the next four years has in store.

Susan

Monmouth University has felt like a home ever since I stepped on campus Senior Year of High School. Its medium-size student population allows you to form close bonds with a core group of friends, but there is also the potential to meet new people every year. The Honors School in particular has set me up to go above and beyond in my academic and social lives on campus, always encouraging and promoting the success of its students.

Katherine

I love it here it's so chill and everyone is friendly. When I got here older students and people my age were so eager to talk to me. Also the teachers are amazing they are always in their office to help. I love the location and the overall classroom size is perfect because I can talk to my teachers more confidently with a smaller class size

Abagail

Monmouth University has many services to provide such as tutoring services, writing center services, counseling services and many more that every student learns within their first year. The professors go out of their way to ensure all of the students are aware of all the tools and services that can by utilized throughout their academic careers. Not to mention, honors students regularly meet with the dean of the honors school to talk about their college experience. All opinions are valued here, all cultures are valued here, and nationalities are valued here. There are so many events happening on campus at all times and they are advertised everywhere, making it difficult to miss any event. Also, there are many clubs at the school for students of all different interests. Not to mention, the student body is super polite and caring. For instance, everyone holds the door for you and many students will welcome you to sit with them for lunch or even ask to sit with you if you are sitting alone. Making friends is as simple as can be, even for students who commute or live off campus.

Nicholas

It's a great school with a lot of amazing opportunities. No matter who you are or what you are into I think you can find something great. The classes are very informative for all subjects and the teachers are always willing to go the extra mile to make sure the students are understanding and actually gaining something from their class.

Mara

Monmouth University is more than an institute of higher education. Monmouth University encourages their students to learn, take advantage of opportunities, and go out of his/her area of comfort inside and outside of the classroom. The campus becomes a home and the people become family. Monmouth University is one big community; ensuring that the students gain a higher academic education and a higher education in life lessons too. When you come to Monmouth you find out very quickly that, "All Hawks Fly Together!"

Nathan

Monmouth is a great school and makes you feel at home while at college with the loads of activities and clubs you can be involved in. Class sizes, typically around 25 to 30, allow for student success and the opportunity to receive help from professors when needed as well.

I love Monmouth Univeristy. Stepping on the campus and now as I prepare to enter my senior year I have never regretted my decision of choosing Monmouth as my home. I am so well prepared for my future by the Monmouth staff. While it is bitter sweet graduating from Monmouth, I look foward to my future and know that I will always be a Hawk.

Anastasia

Monmouth University is a place to learn and grow academically, personally, and even spiritually. There are so many resources available it's hard to see someone being unsuccessful here. The campus is kept well groomed and security is certainly a priority for the university which leaves students feeling safe enough to freely pursue their passions and endeavors. As they say "All hawks fly together", the sense of community makes the university all the more inviting for people to attend.

Matt

Overall I love Monmouth University and I could not picture myself ever going to a different school and enjoying it as much. Every aspect of the school is incredible. People are always out doing things, whether its sports, clubs, or fraternities/sororities. There is something here for everyone, you just have to find it.

Perry

Monmouth University is always offering ways to get involved in the community. These range from athletics to volunteer work and even jobs. Coming from a poor background, I very much appreciate what Monmouth has offered me, allowing me to earn experience in my major (Communications) by way of a job and a generous financial aid plan. I have only heard great things about this school and hope to make the best of it!

Kylie

I have enjoyed my time here so far, and have loved a majority of my professors. Rate my professor is inaccurate for many professors as I have had a few with negative reviews that turned out to be some of my favorites. The dorms are decent sized and there is always something cool going on inside.

Richard

monmouth university is a school I will always recommend. You will first notice the beautiful landscape of the campus on your first visit. Once you attend you will see the plenty of clubs, activities, and Greek life that is available. The classes are similar to that of high school which helps form a good relationship with professors. Professors offer plenty of ways to help if you are struggling or even if you just want a review. Monmouth university is a place to receive a great education and make some long lasting friends along the way.

Melanie

Being a commuter, I enjoy my hometown very much. With Monmouth being so close to home, I feel as if I get the best of both worlds. I am able to go to a wonderful school to receive my education, and get to go home at the end of the day. Monmouth offers various opportunities to succeed and take the extra mile. There are always different events that take place on campus throughout the year, as well as a tutoring center that offers the best of help for any course you take. I just transferred to Monmouth this fall, and I could not be happier about my decision.

Cassondra

Monmouth University is a diverse campus that prides itself on the inclusion of people from all backgrounds. The organizations on campus take part in this mission by holding service trips abroad to Guatemala and Haiti. They hold multiple rallies and performances throughout the year to spread awareness of cultures and beliefs. Monmouth also has one the most unique study abroad experiences with opportunities to not only visit Europe, Australia, and even Argentina. In regards to the academics on campus, professors make sure students excel in their classes by providing multiple opportunities for individual meetings to go over course content. In my experience, there has not been a single professor who turned away a student from extra help. Monmouth is a unique and small private institution that goes above and beyond to make their graduates successful, both while at Monmouth and thereafter. College is what you make it, and Monmouth provides ample opportunities for student success.

Jacob

I love it at Monmouth. I learn a lot in all my classes and the things we learn are very relevant. You learn a lot about each subject you are in as well as real world applications. There is a great community at Monmouth and I made a lot of good friends here in the first semester.