West Palm Beach, FL
Palm Beach Atlantic University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Palm Beach Atlantic University

Naomi

The school is amazing and encourages involvement of students and faculty in different aspects. Education is a high priority, alongside extra-curricular activities, and athletics and school events. The community is the best part, though, as everyone is very friendly and welcoming wherever you are found. All schools are encouraging to one another. Being a small school, students have the chance to get to know a lot of people without being overwhelmed and the Christian life is uplifting and intentional among all peers.

Maria

I really enjoy PBA. I am getting a great education and there are many resources to make sure I pass. The dorms are either really nice or pretty bad. Johnson and Rinker are very nice, however baxter and lakeview are old and bad. It is very close to the beach which is beautiful.

Katie

There are both highs and lows to my experience at PBA. I love my community of friends, the ministry department, and the atmosphere on campus. However I have had some bad experiences a professor and dread caf life. But I take the bad with the good and make the best of my college experience. Overall I love my life here and wouldn't trade it for the world.

Isabelle

PBA is an amazing university, where everyone supports each other! Students, faculty, and staff are selfless and care about your success and your well being!

Janella

My classmates are like my soulmates, even if i don't know all of students I get build so many strong relationships, and i know they will be my friend for many years to come.

Palm Beach Atlantic University is a christian based school. It may be a small university but it was the best decsion of my life. The part that makes it unique is we get to build relationships with our professors. My professor gets to know me better than anyone else can. Through all the hardwork i can meet my professor and he or she will help me with any questions i have. Another reason why it's unique, I get to live on the beach! After all the hard work i get to go to the beach and relax.

If i was a senior in high school again I would push myself to do better in school and not give up. I would apply to colleges early and get prepared for the next chapter in my life. I would'nt fight with my friends over drama that meant nothing. You will look back at the decisions you made and all the friendships that you lost over drama. In college you meet friends that will one day be in your wedding, or by your side for the rest of your life. Always remember to choose the right friends because you don't want to be going through high school drama all over again. Anyways, college can be very fun but when it comes down to your future you need to give it your all. You have to push yourself and show what you're capable of doing. You may get overwhelmed with all the work at once but this is how you get prepared and consider time management. Lastly, pray every day because Jesus is the only one that can really help you and give you all the right answers you need.

Meghan

If I could go back to a year ago and give myself one tip of advise about college, I would tell myself to reach out of my comfort zone and join as many clubs as I can to gain friends and to become involved. I was always the quiet person but college is a whole new ball game. Communicating with others can involve doing good deeds for the community. One of my first projects I had done as a student at Palm Beach Atlantic University was helping assist teachers at a low income school in a poverty area. I by far stepped out of my confort zone, however I changed my veiw on the world. That day my life changed for the better. To this day, I am an active volunter at the school and it fulfills my soul knowing I am touching hundreds of little childrens lives everyday. If I could go back to myself senior year of high school, I would tell myself to jump out of my comfort zone because God has a special plan for everyone and mine was found by crawling out of my shell which I called my comfort zone.

Palm Beach Atlantic is an extreamly religious school. This school helps colleges students grow tremendously in their faith. If an indivdual has no desire or is against faith for some odd reason, Palm Beach Atlantic isnt for them. Before class starts, we pray, and we also are required to attend chapel once a week which is one hour long. Chapel consists of singing and hearing a sermon given by various people.

Katie

My school is an openly Christian university that strives to give students the best education possible in order to produce future leaders for the glory of God.

The advice I would give myself is to not be afraid of taking chances and seizing opportunities. Like any other college freshman, I was nervous about starting college. I tried to make friends, but I was timid. I wanted to join clubs, but I was afraid I wouldn't like them. I wanted to go to events, but I wasn't sure if I would know anyone there, so often times I didn't. Looking back, I wish I had made the first move and introduced myself to more people, joined the clubs, and gone to the events. Overall, my college experience has been great, but I know that it could have been better if I hadn't succumbed to my fears. I've realized that four years isn't as long as it sounds. I'm only going to do this once, so why not make the most of the opportunities I have?

Students who don't like rules, students looking for complete freedom in college.

Leah

Palm Beach Atlantic University is best known for being a school with integrity and respect. When a graduate from PBA is hired, their employer knows they are getting an honest, hardworking employee, because truthfulness and a good work ethic is what Palm Beach Atlantic demands from its students.

The teachers at Palm Beach Atlantic care about their students and want them to do well. Before enrolling at PBA, I attended a state college. While the teachers there were usually nice, I did not feel the same degree of empathy from them as I do from my teachers at my current school. Also, Palm Beach Atlantic puts a greater emphasis on helping out in the community. The university is constantly providing opportunities for its students to clean up the environment or help out in the underprivileged neighborhoods nearby.

Dear Younger Me, Listen, I know you don't like school, but trust me, it'll be worth it in the end. In the beginning, you aren't going to like it, you're going to think it's stupid and you're only doing it because your mom made you. Stick with it, because it gets so much better. You are going to meet so many different and fascinating people and you are going to learn so many amazing things. Sure, there will be some tough assignments, and you'll consider quitting, but there will also be moments that will be filled with friends and fun and joy when you complete that tough assignment. You may not believe me or anyone else who tells you that going to college is a good thing, but eventually, you'll figure it out. Hang in there. Leah P.S. Don't forget to turn in that Psychology homework. It's the only thing that stops you from getting an A.

Gina

My classmates display godly attributes which makes the classroom a positive, Christ-honoring environment to learn and apply the subject matter in.

Dear High School Gina, Let me be honest. You procrastinate a lot, and will surely do the same in college. BUT, knowing college work is going to take longer than one night to complete, please don't wait. Remember when you waited to do that one English project? And you had a legitimate panic attack? Practice some self discipline and dilligence now so that it won't be so new and difficult to adjust to in college. Time management is the key to success in college. A nap may seem quite appealing, but drink some coffee and fight! -College Gina

I think this school welcomes all, but encourages those who attend to be believers in Christ and to be hard workers in education and service. I think people who aren't willing to sacrifice different things for a greater purpose shouldn't come to PBA.

Jeremiah

The beautiful location in downtown West Palm Beach with the water so close by.

The beautiful location in downtown West Palm Beach with the water so close by.

When in the decision process, make sure you are not settling for anything. College is going to be expensive, so you should not have to settle for any part of the experience. These should be the best years of your life, so make sure you do not regret the decision you make. The friends you make will guide you on a good or bad path. Do not be afraid to choose not to hang out with certain people you know will lead you down the wrong path. College is not a place to party every weekend, but a place to obtain an education. There is no reason to waste the money you are investing in the education just to drink it away. You can do that without going to college. Unless your life depends on your grades, the friendships you gain in college will be some that last forever, so choose to hang out with your friends rather than spending the extra hour studying for something you are already prepared for. There is a fine line between your social life and time spent with education. You have to decide what this line is, no body else can.

The fact the campus is located literally a five minute walk from the beautiful Intercoastal Waterway, and only a mile from the beautiful beaches of West Palm Beach. The location is absolutely gorgeous to go along with an amazing student atmosphere.

Palm Beach Atlantic University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.